Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Idea For Retail Store

February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
I don't know if anyone else has done this before, but I got bored of my retail stores and came up with an idea to go to the gallery, find a house I liked, placed it on a lot and changed it to retail as opposed to residential. I set the till on the breakfast bar, and then set all the homewares for sale and have made it as an open house with everything for sale. I made a mannequin family and put them on the veranda (or could be anywhere in the garden or house) and dressed them in outfits for sale.
It's made it way more interesting.
Anyone's thoughts on this, or additional ideas on this would be much appreciated.
MLgj4Vx.png
Post edited by February11 on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    What an awesome and original idea. 👍 Would love to hear how it turns out. Have you hired any employees?
  • Options
    No, I usually have my family members run the stores, so I can control them. Employees are too hard basket. Never do their job!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Just came up with another idea over night.
    Once all the items in the house have been sold, if you like the build you can re-furnish it the way you like and move in, otherwise bulldoze it, and get another house. It's like a property market!
    I'm having a lot of fun with this one!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    This is an awesome idea!

Could have an elderly couple, and Grandpa dies and the Grandma has an Estate Sale. Their kids and grandkids help out so no employees needed there either.

I don't play retail, but this has definitely peaked my interest!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I would have never thought of that. It's a really good idea.

@FairyGodMother, your idea is also a great idea. It would be another dimension. Grandma/pa could be moving in with their adult children and selling everything.

Awesome ideas!
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    this is a great idea ...i have to think on this to see if i can offer anything in terms of something fresh and original because nothing comes quickly to mind ..but i think i shall try yours ..ty
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies
    The Grandma/Grandpa idea is a great one too.
    There are so many more interesting ideas with an estate to sell, or like a garage sale or whatever. A basic retail shop just wasn't doing it for me.
    MLgj4Vx.png