Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grilled Cheese Aspiration?

Is the grilled cheese aspiration (currently) broken or am I doing something wrong?
Can the Sim do things like laundry, read etc in between?
Does it have to be within the same meal slot? (breakfast, lunch, dinner have times which can be worked out via cooking interactions)
If he gets interrupted by petting the dog or chooses to give food to the dog, will this make a difference? (he wants to share the awesomeness after all, lol).

Please and thank you.

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have a Sim with the grilled cheese aspiration, but she has already worked through all the levels except for
    talking to Grim and eating one in space.

I just played her, and there were no glitches. When I worked through the levels previously, it proceeded easily. I'm pretty sure she petted and fed the cat while I was working through the levels. The aspiration could be bugged now. Or, if you have any mods or cc in your game, there could be a conflict. If that's the case, you might want to try temporarily removing all mods and cc to see if that helps.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    It sounds to me like you're trying to unlock the aspiration. I would recommend eating 3 sandwiches with as few interruptions as possible, and as quickly as possible. Don't wait for your Sim to get hungry. I've had several Sims who made an 8-serving platter of grilled cheese, ate all 8 sandwiches without eating anything else, and still did not unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration, so I'm fairly sure there is a time limit involved. On the other hand, I just had a Sim eat 3 sandwiches in a row and unlock the aspiration, so it is working. The only interruption was washing the dishes after the second sandwich.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    My Sims got interrupted by washing dishes too, and that worked. Try turning off autonomy while you're doing it?
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think they have to eat 3 in a row to unlock the aspiration. I usually queue them up to eat 2 more after eating the first one and try to cancel out any interruptions that might pop up in between.