Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fake buildings and unhappy Sims

What's with all the fake buildings bloating the debug menu? Also, since the last patch, my Sims are continually unhappy about the decor no matter how many times I change it. :( Is anyone else having this issue?
Spiral staircases please!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    What's with all the fake buildings bloating the debug menu? Also, since the last patch, my Sims are continually unhappy about the decor no matter how many times I change it. :( Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I am as well. I thought it was the lot I was on, but since you posted you're having the same issue, I guess it's a new bug.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I haven't had this issue. I'm currently playing one Sim who lives in a forest and doesn't actually have any sort of housing structure, and she's not had any positive or negative moodlets about decor (she's struggling in every other department tho lol). Maybe it's all of the trees and plants around her so she's fine?

And the other Sim I'm currently playing lives in a nearly bare house with almost no furniture (but there is flooring and wallpaper) because she's broke and I'm playing it like all of her stuff is still packed up and she has to still order some large furniture. But all of her miscellaneous packed decor is in one isolated room. The rest of her house is literally one single bed in her bedroom, and a utilitarian kitchen and bathroom. She doesn't get positive or negative decor moodlets either.

What kind of decor have you been trying?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I wish there was a way to make the fake buildings actual buildings.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2020
    Also, since the last patch, my Sims are continually unhappy about the decor no matter how many times I change it. :( Is anyone else having this issue?

I heard this was a new "feature" and not a bug. They've changed how the well decorated moodlets work. It's explained in the video at around the 2:50 mark.
    https://youtu.be/Y_aevpM4REU?t=172
  • Options
    janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to make the fake buildings actual buildings.

Some of them look really nice!

Spiral staircases please!
  • Options
    I haven't had this issue. I'm currently playing one Sim who lives in a forest and doesn't actually have any sort of housing structure, and she's not had any positive or negative moodlets about decor (she's struggling in every other department tho lol). Maybe it's all of the trees and plants around her so she's fine?

And the other Sim I'm currently playing lives in a nearly bare house with almost no furniture (but there is flooring and wallpaper) because she's broke and I'm playing it like all of her stuff is still packed up and she has to still order some large furniture. But all of her miscellaneous packed decor is in one isolated room. The rest of her house is literally one single bed in her bedroom, and a utilitarian kitchen and bathroom. She doesn't get positive or negative decor moodlets either.

For me, I'm using an Alien apartment complex that I downloaded from the Gallery, so there's a variety of "sci-fi" looking decor. I might have to pop into some other households to take a look and see if I'm getting a universal reaction to decorations or if it's specific houses.

I might just look into getting another mod that shuts down the environmental moodlets altogether. I just feel that they add more chaos. I'm glad they have a countdown now and that there's both positive and negative, but it should be either a one-time buff/debuff or at least just once a day. I think they could use a cool down timer as well so they're not constantly popping back up when a Sim re-enters a room.

I mean, people don't really obsess over their decorations every day, several times a day, do they?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »

For me, I'm using an Alien apartment complex that I downloaded from the Gallery, so there's a variety of "sci-fi" looking decor. I might have to pop into some other households to take a look and see if I'm getting a universal reaction to decorations or if it's specific houses.

I might just look into getting another mod that shuts down the environmental moodlets altogether. I just feel that they add more chaos. I'm glad they have a countdown now and that there's both positive and negative, but it should be either a one-time buff/debuff or at least just once a day. I think they could use a cool down timer as well so they're not constantly popping back up when a Sim re-enters a room.

I mean, people don't really obsess over their decorations every day, several times a day, do they?

I feel like the game just can't know or remember when a Sim does what or goes where after a while. Or rather, there's obviously no restriction in a moodlet recurring back to back.

What's funny is before I saw this thread, I didn't even realize my Sims hadn't been experiencing Decor moodlets. And I don't miss them. I mean, my Sims experience enough other moodlets which are far more interesting to me than the Decor ones.

Also I just thought of this re: your last question. I find that when I redo my living space or clean up, I don't necessarily feel happy, but I feel At Ease/Calm/Relaxed. Which is actually a more appropriate moodlet than Happy because it also is more of an opposition to the Uncomfortable moodlet which Sims get around messy surroundings.

• Options

I feel like the game just can't know or remember when a Sim does what or goes where after a while. Or rather, there's obviously no restriction in a moodlet recurring back to back.

What's funny is before I saw this thread, I didn't even realize my Sims hadn't been experiencing Decor moodlets. And I don't miss them. I mean, my Sims experience enough other moodlets which are far more interesting to me than the Decor ones.

Also I just thought of this re: your last question. I find that when I redo my living space or clean up, I don't necessarily feel happy, but I feel At Ease/Calm/Relaxed. Which is actually a more appropriate moodlet than Happy because it also is more of an opposition to the Uncomfortable moodlet which Sims get around messy surroundings.

Yeah, having a nice, freshly clean environment can give a peaceful feeling. I personally think that in game terms, it should have been determined by a Sim's traits and not a universal reaction. Because Neat, Materialistic, and Slob Sims would certainly be more or less sensitive to something like that.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Yeah, having a nice, freshly clean environment can give a peaceful feeling. I personally think that in game terms, it should have been determined by a Sim's traits and not a universal reaction. Because Neat, Materialistic, and Slob Sims would certainly be more or less sensitive to something like that.

I definitely agree.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I love the new shells and plan to build my way through them when I've done with my medieval magical village and several other projects. I have done the first two that were included in Oasis Springs ( the big Villas) So I'm glad it's not a bug. Anything new in debug gets me over the top excited (I literally am that sad lol)
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member

Apparently, instead of making the +2 and +3 decorated bonuses more expensive to get (which would have made sense), they just made the bonus you get from a decorated room random, thus nullifying the point of actually spending money on decorating a room.

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Having too happy sims were one of the things that made go looking for mods way back when. I had a sim who was angry from an incident at work, he came home and was instantly happy. Then there was a long time when I had no decorations at all, my sims were living in bare boxes just so that I would be able to see them being bored, sad or just plain fine. Then I began to mod my game "Shimrod's Happy Buffs Changed To Fine". Now I use roBurky's meaningful stories mod, so no happy moodlet's for me. Or unhappy either.

I guess they are trying to do something about the sims being constantly happy indoors earlier.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Well, you just pointed out Shimrod's and RoBurky's mods. A far, far, better fix would have been to have to take a leaf out of their books and make the default mood fine not happy. But EA/Maxis don't seem to do logical anymore.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I didn't notice, but all my sims are minimalists. They never had the "well decorated" moodlet often anyway.
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    This is something which for some reason I am only just noticing after an update installed yesterday. I have played/updated since June but perhaps for whatever reason it hadn't occurred.

Whenever my Sims are in a space which is more expansive i.e. more distance between decor objects or even just standing at the lot's edge arriving home from school/work, they are getting an "Undecorated" negative moodlet. I thought perhaps this was because I had some junk items in the corner of the lot from the debug menu but these don't actually have Environment stats so I seriously doubt it.

Seeing more online now and other people's experiences it seems to be a bigger problem owed to this change.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬