July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the Inside Maxis Livestream HERE today, August 3rd, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
July 30th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

One Of The Gurus claimed it was their idea that they created the star war pack, not EA?

Comments

  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I didnt say there wasn't lack of depth did I? I said a game is selling well therefore it's not dying, money talks in a business

    You can say that now. Look what happened to simcity after cities skylines. Thrown in the bin 👀
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,462 Member
    The sims 4 already brought in the cash already, not to mention new players because of the pandemic and also believe it or not, this star wars pack could also bring new players, although simcity is a big game it never done aswell as the sims
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,506 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Her response when someone said The Sims is a "Life Simulator"
    Totally see your POV. I don't think The Sims has to be ONLY one or the other though. Part of life can be raising toddlers and part of life can be taking my sim family on an adventure.

    So that sorta read to me like for sure the sims is definitely going to be going in a different direction and not stick to a "life sim' game.

    She believes that the sims4 can be all sorts of things, a life simulator, an adventure simulator, a trend simulator...

    At this rate, the sims4 is never going to be complete and it's going to feel lacking in every single aspect.

    Seems like they forgot what made the sims what it is today. They are completely out of touch with the community & what makes the sims a beloved franchise. With someone like her, I don’t trust the direction of the sims anymore. I just don’t understand how Star Wars became their priority over highly requested features that have been asked for since the game started. The game is going so many directions that it’s becoming a complete mess now. The space ship is probably a loading screen or rabbit hole lol. They clearly didn’t do a good job on this “never before “ pack.

    I doubt these gurus have played the previous sims games as they would know what's missing if they did.

    They actually shared their Sims experience as part of the 20th anniversary. Most if not all had played the previous games extensively. Some had worked on them.

    True, and I believe Lyndsay goes all the way back to Sims 1. I believe she also said she's a family player so she must give a lot of support for other play styles.


    She does? Cause I have yet to see any support on family development here in the sims 4. Family gameplay is lacking in depth. Especially if star wars was her priority.

    You misunderstood my statement so I'll clarify. I meant that she must support play styles other than family play, even though she herself is a family player.

    I say this because, while we've had some family play added to the game, we haven't had an EP dedicated to it or fully fleshed base game family play (not even toddlers for the first two years) like we've had in some past games.

    I was observing that, as a family player, she doesn't seem to favor her own play style when it comes to development.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    The sims 4 already brought in the cash already, not to mention new players because of the pandemic and also believe it or not, this star wars pack could also bring new players, although simcity is a big game it never done aswell as the sims

    I mean it's a good game if you haven't played the sims before. But for someone who has played older games. It's lacking. So yeah they could make money out of it.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    This is very concerning to know that they are behind all this. People defending the gurus & blaming EA was a complete joke lol. Wish they would replace her with someone more qualified & able to give what the players have been asking for 6 years. I give her props on taking responsibility

    As someone who was defending the devs and blaming EA, I have already put on my big clown shoes and tragic makeup and I am ready to cry.

  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,896 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Her response when someone said The Sims is a "Life Simulator"
    Totally see your POV. I don't think The Sims has to be ONLY one or the other though. Part of life can be raising toddlers and part of life can be taking my sim family on an adventure.

    So that sorta read to me like for sure the sims is definitely going to be going in a different direction and not stick to a "life sim' game.

    She believes that the sims4 can be all sorts of things, a life simulator, an adventure simulator, a trend simulator...

    At this rate, the sims4 is never going to be complete and it's going to feel lacking in every single aspect.

    Seems like they forgot what made the sims what it is today. They are completely out of touch with the community & what makes the sims a beloved franchise. With someone like her, I don’t trust the direction of the sims anymore. I just don’t understand how Star Wars became their priority over highly requested features that have been asked for since the game started. The game is going so many directions that it’s becoming a complete mess now. The space ship is probably a loading screen or rabbit hole lol. They clearly didn’t do a good job on this “never before “ pack.

    I doubt these gurus have played the previous sims games as they would know what's missing if they did.

    They actually shared their Sims experience as part of the 20th anniversary. Most if not all had played the previous games extensively. Some had worked on them.

    True, and I believe Lyndsay goes all the way back to Sims 1. I believe she also said she's a family player so she must give a lot of support for other play styles.


    She does? Cause I have yet to see any support on family development here in the sims 4. Family gameplay is lacking in depth. Especially if star wars was her priority.

    Again, her post does not say this.

    It’s called ‘the telephone game’.

    One person says something. The other picks up only half of what has been said and passes it on to the next person. They think they heard something, decide to “accidentally” twist the words and passes the message on to the next. That person will then write a book about it an calls it ‘The Truth’.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh I played all the sims, as i said i didn't disagree with you that the sims 4 is lacking, the sims 4 is huge cash cow whether its lacking or not, it's still selling great, it isnt dying however despite what some thinks

    Star wars will sell well though even some of the people that are complaining about it the now will buy it, mark my words 😂
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    4diexm.jpg

  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Her response when someone said The Sims is a "Life Simulator"
    Totally see your POV. I don't think The Sims has to be ONLY one or the other though. Part of life can be raising toddlers and part of life can be taking my sim family on an adventure.

    So that sorta read to me like for sure the sims is definitely going to be going in a different direction and not stick to a "life sim' game.

    She believes that the sims4 can be all sorts of things, a life simulator, an adventure simulator, a trend simulator...

    At this rate, the sims4 is never going to be complete and it's going to feel lacking in every single aspect.

    Seems like they forgot what made the sims what it is today. They are completely out of touch with the community & what makes the sims a beloved franchise. With someone like her, I don’t trust the direction of the sims anymore. I just don’t understand how Star Wars became their priority over highly requested features that have been asked for since the game started. The game is going so many directions that it’s becoming a complete mess now. The space ship is probably a loading screen or rabbit hole lol. They clearly didn’t do a good job on this “never before “ pack.

    I doubt these gurus have played the previous sims games as they would know what's missing if they did.

    They actually shared their Sims experience as part of the 20th anniversary. Most if not all had played the previous games extensively. Some had worked on them.

    True, and I believe Lyndsay goes all the way back to Sims 1. I believe she also said she's a family player so she must give a lot of support for other play styles.


    She does? Cause I have yet to see any support on family development here in the sims 4. Family gameplay is lacking in depth. Especially if star wars was her priority.

    They did make parenthood specifically for family play and a lot of stuff packs bring stuff for family play (toddler stuff, kids stuff, knitting, laundry, backyard stuff)

    All separate dlcs. Money grabbing.

    exactly. we got toddler stuff that should’ve been in Parenthood, then we got my first pet stuff (lmao) that should’ve been in Pets. they then created vampires, then realm of magic, both of which should’ve been one pack. it reminds me of Wheel of Fortune where you have to collect two key pieces in order to have the entire car lmao
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited September 2020
    You will get some people buying star wars too get gambling lol even more people will buy it on sale, people buying it because they love star wars and dont mind an unrealistic game, people that just want all the packs and finally the ones that just want the DJ robot 😂 ooh it will sell regardless
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2020
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:


    how could she think this was a good idea...ugh Did they even read the surveys we took??
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,129 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I'm so glad she admitted it so people can stop babying the gurus and acting like their puppets who are completely controlled by EA. Once again the gurus are doing what they want and instead of listening to their fan base and finally giving us things like bunk beds. I'm tired of their excuses as to why this and that isn't in the game cause now it seems like there are blatantly ignoring people.

    Why is this pack being released over other highly requested items? None of their surveys alluded to this pack and instead had descriptions of family, romance, and better personalities so instead of taking that feedback, they use all of their resources on an extremely niche pack???

    Me too so now I can lay blame where it belongs.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2020
    It’s been said before by Sim Guru Grant that they have a lot of freedom with the content that goes into packs. However the tweet doesn’t say that Lyndsay came up with the idea but that she thought it’s a great idea.

    (And realistically, it would be highly unprofessional for her to say she thinks the idea is rubbish)
    I read an interview with her recently where she says that she and the Gurus are huge fans of Star Wars so she probably is happy to have the crossover even if the community mostly is not.

    There is a professional way to shut an idea down.

    Hey we should make a Star Wars pack
    You know, that is a great idea but these guys have really been waiting for cars, babies, farming, werewolves, dancing face to face, bunk beds. We should really try to get a win here. We went with our new direction with Eco living now let's give them something they want. We can move the Star wars idea down the line maybe like a Sims 4 end of the game pack.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 1,958 Member
    It does seem odd that Lyndsay might be behind this, considering she pushed for Parenthood and, IIRC, was one of the people against StrangerVille.

    Lyndsay, if you're being held hostage by EA and forced to say this, blink twice.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited September 2020
    I actually give her major kudos for saying it was her idea with the way the community is reacting.

    Don't get me wrong, I think it's a bad pack idea for a number of reasons. And the guru/dev hate (not criticism. Disagreement and constructed criticism do not automatically equate to hate) is still totally uncalled for. Yeah I disagree with Lyndsey's idea but personally attacking her would not be okay. Be as upset as you want, but channel it constructively!
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It does seem odd that Lyndsay might be behind this, considering she pushed for Parenthood and, IIRC, was one of the people against StrangerVille.

    Lyndsay, if you're being held hostage by EA and forced to say this, blink twice.

    That's new to me that she pushed parenthood and I never seen a guru against a pack before even for a bad pack like strangerville.

    But this team NEEDS to listen what the player base wants. Even if it is something I don't like - as long as it is most voted!
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    It does seem odd that Lyndsay might be behind this, considering she pushed for Parenthood and, IIRC, was one of the people against StrangerVille.

    Lyndsay, if you're being held hostage by EA and forced to say this, blink twice.

    That's new to me that she pushed parenthood and I never seen a guru against a pack before even for a bad pack like strangerville.

    But this team NEEDS to listen what the player base wants. Even if it is something I don't like - as long as it is most voted!

    same here. tbh i've never been a fan of University expansions but i know majority of players beg for it every time a new Sims game comes out, so i'm fine with it. but like...who asked for this? i understand that it's good to have some more niche packs for other players, but this is not niche this is just an advertisement for Star Wars lol.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,422 Member
    Why do I have the urge to sing...
    Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
    WbUrFQm.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,775 Member
    There is something off about she admitting that this pack was her idea all along.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I think it's the other way around--the gurus pitch ideas to EA, and they make the final decision
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,868 Member
    logion wrote: »
    *sigh

    I hope her future ideas will involve something that resembles a life simulator.

    This is a life simulator... just a more fun and unique spin on it and not a dark and dreary boring one like our real lives. ;)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 2,245 Member
    logion wrote: »
    *sigh

    I hope her future ideas will involve something that resembles a life simulator.

    This is a life simulator... just a more fun and unique spin on it and not a dark and dreary boring one like our real lives. ;)

    Amen.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    *sigh

    I hope her future ideas will involve something that resembles a life simulator.

    This is a life simulator... just a more fun and unique spin on it and not a dark and dreary boring one like our real lives. ;)

    More like a young adult party simulator.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,434 Member
    logion wrote: »
    *sigh

    I hope her future ideas will involve something that resembles a life simulator.

    This is a life simulator... just a more fun and unique spin on it and not a dark and dreary boring one like our real lives. ;)

    More like a young adult party simulator.
    Nah Sims 1 had better parties. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top