Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pixel Nest Save File

PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
After a lot of town planning I'm finally committing to my rebuild of all the Sims 4 worlds in the hopes to eventually release a save file, complete with new lots, households and townies. This header post will be a catch all post with links to the thread page for each build to make for easier browsing. Once I have a decent amount of lots created I'll release version 1 of my save file, with a view to release new updates every three or six months (depending on how many updates I add within that period).

WILLOW CREEK
BUCKINGHAM HIGH SCHOOL (formerly Magnolia Blossom park)
Gallery link (community lot version) here.
Gallery link (residential version) here.
m5Fa3sm.jpg

OASIS SPRINGS
BRONTY'S DINER (formerly Pebble Burrow)
Gallery link here.
MUToqj1.jpg

NEWCREST
POP'S HOME BREWERY (formerly Optimist's Outlook)
Gallery link here.
OljQFvi.jpg

Post edited by PixelNest on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    OASIS SPRINGS | BRONTY'S DINER
    Gallery link here.
    The Bedrock Strait area of Oasis Springs really brings to mind those parts of small towns you drive through when on a long road trip, so I created a retro diner where weary travellers can rest and grab a home cooked-style meal. The building has been around for decades so both the exterior and interior have seen better days. I really love any excuse to add grime and grunge to a build!

The front of building comes complete with parking lot and neglected bin area to add to the divey atmosphere.
    tNc1W0M.jpg
    I really love the building at night, all the neon brings it to life.
    SJovCmX.jpg
    I added a bump out to the front to accommodate both the entrance and access to the outdoor dining area.
    43qZKcW.jpg
    I aimed for a worn look for the interior, as though it has seen thousands of travellers over many, many years.
    4e7PS3x.jpg
    Like any good retro diner, I added lots of collectibles on the walls.
    bCF4lDC.jpg
    Because it sees so many customers come and go everyday, I included two host stations to the front of house.
    offhnoY.jpg
    The lot is set as a restaurant, but I aim to make my community lots multi purpose so it can also serve as a bar should you prefer that. I imagine it's where all the locals go for a quiet beer or two after working all day in the dry, dusty heat.
    kKCJVI1.jpg
    Like any good family eatery there are a few high chairs scattered around the place.
    75X8LvV.jpg
    The kitchen is well equipped for some down home cooking.
    DPgHzxv.jpg
    There's a games room at the back of the building to keep the kids entertained while their parents try to unwind before setting back off on their travels.
    B5vAnuN.jpg
    A bird's eye view.
    0LFOVvI.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you are doing a save file and will be overhauling all the lots and households in the worlds and creating your own versions! :) It will be great seeing your progress!
    Bronty’s Diner is a lovely retro diner restaurant! :) It is a special touch that you named it after the Dinosaur statue in Oasis Springs! Very nice exterior design, the awnings over the windows are very nice and lovely dining areas on the porch and the interior! The car park and dumpster are great! The neon sign on the roofing at night time looks great! It was very nice reading what you wrote to accompany the pictures. The furnishing of the interior captures your themed description of the diner very well!Very nice booth seating dining as well as dining tables and chairs. The diner style ceiling lights, and the wall decor look great! Very nice bar counter area for Sims to enjoy having a drink from the bar. Very nice games room for Sims to enjoy playing foosball and arcade machine games.
  • Options
    NEWCREST | POP'S HOME BREWERY
    Gallery link here.
    I was in the mood to create a nice suburban house in Newcrest and this month's Spark'd challenge inspired this build. The challenge was to create a home for an elder with a room dedicated to an unusual hobby, so I've built a home for a couple of (almost) empty nesters.

The couple bought the home back in the late 70s/early 80s when they first started their family, so it's a pretty classic exterior for that time period.
    ZbTGN2p.jpg

Flo is an avid baker and has cultivated an impressive kitchen garden so she can use fresh ingredients when making her sweet treats. There's also an expansive back porch for BBQing and relaxing while watching the grand kids playing in the back yard.
    xnKhqHM.jpg
    QrXLYtB.jpg

Harold has converted the garage into a great hang out for him and his ex-military buddies. They come over often to play cards and sample Harold's latest home brew concoctions.
    miOZ1tu.jpg

The living room is a classic cozy grandparent room, with hints around the place that the grand kids like to visit regularly.
    sVd8u9y.jpg

The large open plan kitchen and dining room speaks to a home that used to house Harold and Flo, as well as their four sons. There's plenty of room for big family dinners.
    gaUt4AK.jpg

The kitchen opens up to Flo's kitchen garden to make picking fresh ingredients that much more convenient. There is also a guest bedroom on the ground floor.
    a7XAE0Q.jpg

Harold might be retired nowadays, but he served in the military for decades and still occasionally does consultancy work for them. His office is mostly serious, but he displays his grand kids' artworks with pride.
    fExZ1e8.jpg

I wanted the house to really look like it's been loved and lived in for over 40 years by a big family, so a lot of the interior is dated and a mash up of styles from different decades. Harold and Flo's bedroom is quintessentially grandparent style and hasn't been as updated as other areas of the house.
    MHB972R.jpg

The couple have a generously sized ensuite off their bedroom. Across the hall their sons' former bedroom has been spruced up for visiting grand kids.
    PLJnSeB.jpg

Youngest son Sam is still living at home while he completes his uni course. He has a bedroom to himself with a study nook, as well as his own bathroom that he shares with his nieces and nephews when they sleep over.
    HOtdOR3.jpg

A birds eye view of the build.
    8AkgE8Q.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Pop’s Home Brewer is a lovely home for grandparents! :) Very nice exterior design,pretty flowerbox windows,and the interior furnishings and colors are homely and warm! It was very nice reading what you wrote about each of the areas and rooms of the home. It is great that the garage has been converted into a hangout for Harold and his military friends. They will enjoy having drinks, playing card table games and watching tv together there.
    It is a great entry for the challenge! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Pop’s Home Brewer is a lovely home for grandparents! :) Very nice exterior design,pretty flowerbox windows,and the interior furnishings and colors are homely and warm! It was very nice reading what you wrote about each of the areas and rooms of the home. It is great that the garage has been converted into a hangout for Harold and his military friends. They will enjoy having drinks, playing card table games and watching tv together there.
    It is a great entry for the challenge! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely words Rose :)