Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Pack Should I Buy?

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
I've been wanting something new to add to my game, but don't feel like coughing up enough for a Game Pack or an Expansion Pack, so a Stuff Pack it is! The three I want most are Moschino Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, and Toddler Stuff, so which of those is your favorite and why? Or, do you not like any of them?

Edit: I ended up buying Toddler Stuff, because I play with toddlers all the time and based on everyone else's replies, I'll probably use it the most. Feel free to keep voting and commenting though, I'm sure someone else could benefit from this thread!
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Which Stuff Pack Should I Buy? 62 votes

Moschino Stuff
29%
g01denswansimmietimeBabykittyjadeOnverserSimzilla_7musteniHearts4uLouise_G0325j1z1comicsforlifepinneduphairDianesimsSimAlexandriaEllupelluelluReaganboganCavapoo_KinggothbunieLivi5500k 18 votes
Movie Hangout Stuff
38%
overonMLadyAzzeraelemmeleStrangerthanbabajayneMorten8035cchant86Moon_WillowSirenLuminosempkaileenataydevbixtersannaliese39MaggieMarleytexxx78NationalPokedexgarapoesImSandsRynnaleeBreazona 24 votes
Toddler Stuff
27%
icmnfrshIsb917barracuda1574SelinaKylesaws200Internal_ChaosScobreSimtown15TamakiSakura84ChelsPlaySimsAmandèlexstxrrysequenceprettyscion06KimmerVanesa1118PurpleHeathernahnahtodei 17 votes
Other
4%
candy8alanmichael1PENchaotic 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    This is a tough one for me. I voted Moschino as I love taking family photos with it, but I like all three a lot! They would all be in my top 5 stuff packs haha.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    Actually i like them all.

I've voted for movie stuff cause it's the one i use more. My sims are always watching movies, either together in friends and family groups or just alone, in snowy and rainy days, by the fireplace. I can only imagine how nice it'll be if they're knitting meanwhile... I have the knitting pack but i haven't tried knitting yet. And the popcorn machine is also a very nice touch in the movies stuff pack.

Toddler stuff has some very nice toddler's park objects. The animations are awesome! But nowadays im skipping the toddler stage alltogether, so i'm not using anything from this pack...

Moschino stuff has the tripod, that is great. You can move the camera and move the sim's angle. This gives you enough tools to take great photos. It's so special to see good photos, taken by your sims (you), in your sim's walls! And there's also the career, but i haven't tried it yet.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Moschino Stuff
    Moschino for me!! Only if you enjoy taking pictures. The freelancer career is fun, I love photo taking in general of my sims.
    My freelancer rides around on his bike and captures photos of the world.

I've sort have made a modeling career by selling the photos. I have so many family photos.
    And most of all if you happen to be a pose player user the options are endless. I even have actual modeling animations I downloaded.

I love setting up studios and if you use cc they have more backdrop options to download.

If you're just not that into taking pictures both of the other two are good.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    My favorite is Movie Hangout. I like the popcorn popper and much of the CAS and BB assets. The tree with lights is one of the favorites I do not get to use much, but I use random pieces from this pack all the time. Movies are just a thing to do. The moodlets are random and it kind of annoys me that it does not correlate to personality a bit, but it fits 4's framework.

If you want fleshed out photos, Moschino is good. The CAS does not really do it for me and I usually do not mess with photos, but I hear good things about the gameplay it adds. So if you are interested in photos at all, you should consider this one.

Also, Toddler Stuff. Personally, if you play with toddlers at all, you kind of need this. The BB is fine and so are playdates, but toddlers (especially when this pack first released) have so few CAS assets that they needed this. I use maybe two or three toddler hairs regularly, and the majority come from this pack.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Toddler Stuff
    Do you play with toddlers often? All my families mostly have children so toddler stuff was a must to have more clothing options. The toys are meh but the furniture is nice.
    I enjoy Moschino but sometimes it a real pain getting sims to stand on the marker so my other sim can take the freakin picture. I rarely get that working. I only got moschino for the photography objects but I don’t even use that often cause of my problem. The clothing are really out there, even for the sims. The only ones I really use is the male sweat pants and jacket.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    The photography/poses are essential for my gameplay. I couldn't imagine not documenting my sims lineage now, especially because there aren't memories. I also get a lot of gameplay from the skill. I have a few Sims with photography specialities like weddings, scenery, portraits.

Initially I bought the pack for the tripod and ended up liking most items that came in CAS/bb. I use them often. Maybe because I can't use cc I'm not as picky about the clothing. I'll even use the"ugly" pieces like that patchwork leather jacket lol. The Moschino pack is one of my favorites.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    I like them all but voted Moschino Stuff you get more to do with the camera and the job that comes with it is really fun
    but if your a family player go with toddler stuff it adds a lot for them and you get a play date event
    with the movie one you and your sims will get movies to watch and pop corn
    there is more gameplay in the other stuff packs so I would go with one of them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    I love both Movie Hangout and Toddler Stuff. Movie Hangout has some really nice CAS/BB that I often use and I enjoy watching my sims cuddle up to watch films together. If you play toddlers a lot though, then Toddler Stuff is a must. It gives them a lot more cute CAS options and I enjoy watching my sims take their toddlers to the park for play dates. Moschino is actually my least favourite SP. I don't really like having real life brands in my game and I rarely use it, although I do like the new photography poses and a few of the CAS/BB items.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited August 2020
    Moschino Stuff
    Movie Hangout is my favourite SP, but sadly it's broken at the moment. Currently sims wont finish a movie, they get stuck watching it with it never neding and also there's no moodlet afterwards to tell you how they liked it. If you're looking to add something new to your game to enjoy right now, I don't think it's the best option. Moschino SP is my most recent purchase and I've enjoyed the improved photography options a lot. I haven't tried the freelance career yet.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    Other
    Backyard or Kids Room! Movie and Moschino are both broken at the moment, and the toddler pack is boring.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Moschino Stuff
    I'd say Moschino, there's quite a few things I like from it and it's good for apartments.

Toddler stuff is also ok but I'm not a huge fan of the direction, there's no toddler beds/potties/high chairs, etc with it you just get some park items. Most aren't that usable unless you make a lot specifically for them. I use the cushions, the slide and the lights from it but otherwise there isn't really anything worthwhile. The CAS isn't anything exciting or worth paying for imo.

Movie hangout I haven't tried, some of the stuff looks nice I guess. Doesn't seem anything worth paying for
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say it depends on your play style, Moschino if you like taking pictures of adult Sims, Movie stuff is great if you like playing families or want to create a movie theater lot, and obviously toddler stuff if you like playing toddlers and want something to do with them outdoors.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Other
    Don't waste your money.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited August 2020
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    You can find movie theaters on the gallery with popcorn machine and all if you have this pack. I love how your sims can have favorite/disliked movie genres, select a movie preference, and can talk about the movie afterwards; just some of the really cool details.

Since I have Get Together, I have made a Movie Club that goes to the theater.

Also I have Seasons, and I've created a Summer Blockbuster Day where Sims want to Travel, Eat Popcorn, and Watch Movies (I do have a Seasons Mod that adds more holiday activities, not sure if you would need it...littlemssam makes it) so that my non-club sims have an excuse to either go to the theater or watch a movie and eat some popcorn with the family....oh, and I have a mod that has "Watch Scary Movie" as a want, which I love to use for Halloween.

In short, I highly recommend Movie Hangout. :)