Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curtis and Carol ... Update: Big Picture

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies

50167142311_7a59455592_k.jpg

Curtis Stevens Update
When we left off with Curtis, he and Susan had just failed the 112 Day Challenge.
More importantly ... Curtis had just cut a deal with the District Attorney.

50169144643_da84db4740_k.jpg

He plead No Contest to a plethora of minor offenses, and the DA agreed to wave probation upon release.
Curtis has spent the last 4 months, 1 week and 2 days (into a 6 month sentence) ...
In the Bridgeport County Department of Corrections Minimum Security Detention Facility.

50206869426_6cfc839262_k.jpg

Late morning, as the detainees headed about daily work assignments,
Warden Paul Smithers informed Curtis to stay behind in the gen-pop dorm.
The message was simple ... "I have bad news Mr. Stevens. No assignment for you today; stay there and I'll be by shortly"

The Bad News
Not long after the other detainees had headed off, Warden Smithers arrived to bring Curtis the news.
Curtis was anxious, but tried to make light of things ...
He had a reputation as a model inmate, and always tried to make things easier on the people around him.

Curtis:
"Don't tell me Warden Smithers ...
You and Georgia finally went out on a date, you got drunk, and wrecked the facility truck.
You know I can fix it, but I am walking the straight and narrow now, so you're worried about your pension?"

50206693987_d748171084_k.jpg

Paul Smithers:
"No Sir ... That's not it Mr. Stevens.
I truly hate to tell ya ... But I'm going to have to kick you out.
That's right ... I don't have a spot for you anymore."

50206419551_7aaa72adcf_k.jpg

Curtis:
"WHAT ... What did I do?
What's this mean; am I going to the big house, so close to the finish line?"

Paul Smithers:
"Not a chance you low-life reprobate.
Even worse ... You're Getting Out!"

50205893883_48280a658c_k.jpg

Curtis:
"That's not funny, Warden Smithers ...
I mean the 'low-life reprobate' part I can handle, but let's not joke about getting out.
I want to do my time and get it over with."

Paul Smithers:
"Here's the deal Curtis, no joke ...
There were some protests downtown last night, nothing serious, but some looting, property damage and some arrests.
Frankly, the jail is overflowing, and they suspect a little more disturbance over the next few days.
Mark and Jack earned release last week, but we needed another bed for some short-timer.

I talked to my bosses, and all I could say, is that I have never encountered an inmate ...
Like you Curtis ... That was a 'changed man' before you ever went to jail.
So no joke, I brought you your clothes to change into, Georgia will do your paperwork ...
I'll buzz you up front when you are ready, and you're out of here."

50206695112_2c8f65fec6_k.jpg

Caught off-guard and a bit unprepared, Curtis did as instructed and changed clothes.
As he walked towards the common area, a thousand things went through his mind.
He was in a bit of shock and regretted not thinking about better plans for his eventual release.

The bay doors whooshed open, and Warden Smithers was waiting in Out-Processing when Curtis arrived.
Georgia pecked away at her terminal, and didn't glance up.

Paul Smithers:
"Georgia's got your paperwork wrapped up and I think we are about ready to shove you out the door.
Just a few things before you head out."

50206340883_119a0810b2_k.jpg

Curtis Interrupts:
"Speaking of Georgia, you got her chained to the desk or what?
I'm heading out and now she is ignoring me."

Paul Smithers:
"Well, Mr. Stevens ... We have had a good deal of inmates come through here.
I can't say that many have been as pleasant to have around as you have been.
I know it's terrible to say, since you're getting out, but Georgia's taking it kind of hard."

50207140942_64a3c9ff8e_k.jpg

Paul Smithers *chuckles*:
"But hey ... Back to you and more bad news.
Although Susan stopped coming by when she knew you weren't going to see her ... Her lawyers didn't quit trying to help you out.
Seems as though, everything else aside, the lawyers worked their magic.
They squeezed this 15k check out of BlackSand Industries LLC for your participation in their program."

50206868816_55affe7fb5_k.jpg

Paul Smithers Continues:
"Furthermore ... That broken down bike you were working on during the Challenge ...
Well, BlackSand Industries filled it up with gas, had a truck drop it in the parking lot, and here are the keys to it.
Everything else you need will be sent in a package to you, when you get a permanent address.

They can cash the check in the clerk's office at the Courthouse ...
All I have left to say is Get the Heck out of Here, and Don't Come Back to Stay!"

C-Ya Curtis ... It's been a pleasure."

50207220931_04af2d466b_k.jpg

The Bike
The motorcycle Curtis had been working on was barely running when his Challenge days ended.
When he saw the bike again … Thoughts of Susan came rushing back.
He was uncomfortable for the second time that day as he thought about how he had left things with her.
He had done his best to cut ties with Susan … Against her protests otherwise.
He honestly thought she deserved better … But was suddenly thankful that through her lawyers,
He wasn’t on the street broke.

50206342748_1cc6fcfc92_k.jpg

Pushing his thoughts of Susan aside, once again, Curtis headed to the Clerk’s Office in the Courthouse.
Shortly after that he went to a bank for Travelers Checks.
Bridgeport bustled with business but brought back memories of darker times in his life.
There were shadows everywhere.

50206343108_a48d790541_k.jpg

Open Door … Open Road
After completing business in town …
He was increasingly haunted by the past he had just tried so hard to put behind him.
The answer was obvious … He put Bridgeport, and everything associated with it in his rearview mirror.

50207146562_14b222bc18_k.jpg

To Be Continued …

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
Post edited by BlackSand on

Comments

• Options

Paradise Lost … And Found
    Curtis, recently released from jail, took no time getting out of Bridgeport.
    Roaming the roads was nice, but he knew he would have to find a place to settle sooner or later.
    He was caught off guard being released earlier than expected and with little warning …
    He wasn’t going to get caught short again, let the money run out, and still have no idea where he was going to settle in.

Twinbrook
    As he made his way across the country …
    he stopped at places that might present an opportunity to establish a new beginning.
    Twinbrook was the first such location he came across, and thought was worth a look.

50209863093_99514380fd_k.jpg

Mystery Meat
    Early in the morning, he started getting that gnawing feeling in his gut.
    As usual he figured fishing for some breakfast would probably take care of business.
    He found a quiet spot in the salt marshes around Twinbrook and gave it try.
    Unfortunately, although he had some luck, he figured a burger in town might taste a little better.

50210662222_365863eac8_k.jpg

One Word … ‘Charming’
    After a quick bite … Curtis headed to the City Square.
    He was immediately taken by how nice the park was, and took the opportunity to meet a few people.
    Twinbrook looked like it just may be a great opportunity, fishing still questionable …
    But a once seasoned hobo like Curtis, knew you didn’t jump train and set up camp at the first stop.

50210663482_f8cba09093_k.jpg

Moonlight Falls
    After a few nights under the stars, and days of smoked fish …
    Curtis thought it was time for another burger and a look around a town.
    While still on the outskirts of Moonlight Falls, he noticed a Fortune Teller out by a lake.
    How fortuitous … What damage could it do?

50210664607_9b59a8665f_k.jpg

Halloween in June
    About an hour, and 28 bucks into a session with the fortune teller …
    Curtis figured a cheap bottle of nasty nectar,
    would probably have more benefit that supporting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸’s crack habit.

He was heading into town when he came across an interesting sight.
    Curtis met this sweet young lady named Marigold …
    Who seemed to be trying out, what he could only assume was some sort of elaborate Halloween Costume.
    Anyway, not being too impolite, and trying to snatch the wings off her back to get a better look,
    Curtis moved on to see what else the town had to offer.

50210665667_828a5a103a_k.jpg

Give and Take
    When he got to the center of town, Curtis had a brilliant idea.
    If he was going to get fleeced by the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, he might as well try to recoup his losses.
    Picking up a few guitar skills during the Challenge, he played for tips.
    It wasn’t long and a fella named Mike Nix dropped more change on him than he had spent in town.

50209868583_7bee12b5f1_k.jpg

Moonlight Falls vs Jail
    Curtis spent the rest of the afternoon talking to folks around the park.
    He met quite a few people, including the Swains and Hoppcrafts.
    Still … He had an uneasy feeling about the place.
    It crossed his mind at one point that his fellow inmates in jail were a less suspicious bunch than this crowd.
    He scratched Moonlight Falls off the list, and hit the road again … Before Dark … 😊

Riverview
    A few days and miles of rolling farmland after Moonlight Falls …
    Curtis rolled into Riverview.
    Things looked promising from the start when he cam across a fish hatchery.
    If nothing else … Lunch was going to be easy enough to come by.

50209869508_437642fc34_k.jpg

Curtis came across a public pool in the business district and met Mags and Robert Newbie.
    Mags was okay, but Robert and their son Bob were a bit stressed and distracted over their phones.
    Constantly checking for updates and not necessarily liking what they found.
    For some strange reason, he got the impression that Riverview, might be a ‘little town trying to play big’.

50209871003_7952f84c03_k.jpg

Dang the Tourists
    Not ready to write Riverview off, Curtis headed to Plaza Park to try and meet a few more folks.
    Playing for tips was a decent ice breaker, and he had a chance to meet Mr. Bagley and Trigger Broke.
    He also managed to introduce himself to several tourists,
    including Mr. Amoit from France and Giza from Egypt.

50210670312_badbb1a86e_k.jpg

Nothing was really wrong with Riverview, but it was missing something … A feeling that kept gnawing at Curtis.

To the Coast
    After a few weeks and many miles on the road, Curtis noticed he was running out of options
    and land for that matter.
    No matter how good he was at fixing the bike … It wasn’t sprouting wings to fly to China.
    He still had a place called Sunset Valley on the short list, but it was on the coast.
    Trying to stay upbeat, he was happy to find a beautiful little town when he arrived.

50210394761_786b5c61cf_k.jpg

Something Is Missing
    Although he couldn’t imagine a more pristine little town ...
    Somethings was still a little ‘off’ with his new find.
    Perhaps is was the fact that at noon on Sunday the town square was dead as a doornail.

50210395866_e8e0581254_k.jpg

Struggling with his thoughts and that creeping feeling again, Curtis was becoming frustrated.
    In attempts to shake things loose, he had heard the beach in Sunset Valley was awesome.
    He headed over to the beach to check things out, but it was quiet for the most part when he arrived.
    Curtis found himself at the water’s edge, standing like a statue mirroring the Lighthouse in the bay.

50209874813_929bdb65ce_k.jpg

Sea to Sea
    Curtis had come this far … Crossed the country.
    He wondered if he needed to plan a loop back and catch Dragon Valley or Appaloosas Plains.
    They weren’t on his short list … But options.
    It was then he noticed that more than anything else, he was exhausted.
    He decided to swim for a bit then take a nap … Maybe hold off on making any harsh decisions.

50210397131_b05ee5222f_k.jpg

What’s That Noise
    Curtis was drifting in and out of his nap on the beach, when he was startled by the noise.
    Gaining full consciousness, he figured out it was his phone ringing.
    In a weird and surprising way, dread welled up inside him.
    Inmates weren’t allowed phones in lock-up, and his hadn’t rang since he got out.
    He had been avoiding the world, avoiding old ties, and simply ‘out of contact’.

He intentionally forced himself not to look at the caller ID, in hopes of not passing on the call.
    He hit the accept button, said “hello” … And was soon jerked back into the world.

Nicholas Riverhawk
    ”Hey Curtis … What’s up jailbird?”

50210398421_bb8b516c99_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Nick, my brother … I would recognize that voice anytime.
    What’s up with you?”

50210398886_e8ee4234d3_k.jpg

Curtis and Nicholas traded small talk catching up, then Nicholas got to the point of the call.

Nicholas
    ”So, what I was calling about Curtis …
    I know this young lady from University, and we are still pretty tight friends.
    She has a birthday coming up, and I was online searching for something to get her.
    I remembered she is just a fan of your books.”

50210675957_9bfc05ef9c_k.jpg

Nicholas Continues
    ”Man, I was getting ready to ditch that thought seeing as she has already read everything you have written …
    When I remembered you would be getting out of lock-up soon.
    ‘Boots Under the Bed’ is her favorite … And I have a first edition copy myself.
    It would be pretty cheesy to give her a secondhand book she has already read …
    Except if maybe the author, whom I just happen to know …
    Wrote a little note in it and singed it.

Look … No pressure, you’ll probably be busy …
    But I can drop it to ya in the mail and maybe get it back in time if you’re cool with that.
    Wadda ya say … Help a brother out?”

There is an uneasy silence on Curtis’ end … and Nicholas begins to wonder if Curtis is still online.

50210676437_3fc497aa9e_k.jpg

Houston … We Got A Problem
    While Nicholas was waiting on the other end … Curtis was about to passout.
    The sound of Nick’s voice made an immediate connection to the hole he had in his gut.
    Uncommon for Curtis, the floodgates opened, and he struggled with gaining composure.
    He tried to suck it up, but his voice still cracked when he finally got back to Nicholas.

Curtis
    ”Nick … I don’t know which one of us is doing more to help the other brother out.
    I got a better idea … Instead of worrying about the mail,
    I’ll be in Hidden Springs in a couple of days, and we can take care of that in person.
    But hey … Kind of keep it on the down-low.
    We may grab a couple of drinks at Varg’s, or whatever, but I don’t want a scene.”

Nicholas
    ”Dang dude … That’s just fantastic.
    She’ll be thrilled to get the book with your added touch.
    And look … I get ya … No party, maybe we can just hang out.
    It’ll be great seeing ya again and catching up”

50210676737_44abb4e41c_k.jpg

Home
    Curtis and Nicholas talked a short while before hanging up …
    But Curtis was distracted and already thinking what was to come.
    He had pushed thoughts of Hidden Springs down and failed to recognize some significance.
    Hidden Spring was nice and welcoming, but it was also where Curtis had discovered who he could be.
    It’s where he had turned the corner, and for better or worse.
    opened a new chapter on what had been a miserable beginning.

Although it had gotten busier, Curtis was oblivious to the beach around him.
    Sure, Sunset Valley was like Mayberry on steroids …
    But Curtis was planning on heading Home … And getting back connected to life.

50210402361_dc6a006047_k.jpg

To Be Continued …

• Options

Second Chance
    It was just after 05:00 when Curtis rolled into Hidden Springs …
    A little earlier than he had planned, but he couldn’t sleep, so he had decided to press on through the night.
    The place was almost a ghost town at that time in the morning,
    But with any luck the Java hut would be opening up.

50214829501_cb5fdcd903_k.jpg

You Don’t Say?
    Curtis practically followed the barista inside as she was getting ready to open the store.
    He managed to introduce himself …

Curtis
    “Glad this place is still open, I can use a cup of something.
    Hey, I’m Curtis Stevens, been out of town for a while,
    You’re new … how long have you been working here?”

50215102722_6a22ed48e3_k.jpg

Marcy
    ”Good morning Curtis … Marcy Chandler,
    I was hoping to have time to do a few things before guests came …
    But at least you aren’t the grumpy type I usually get before they have a cup of jet fuel.
    I haven’t worked here long, and from what I understand the business has changed hands several times recently.”

Curtis
    ”Huh … You Don’t Say.”

Being new in town and not picking up on the sarcasm in Curtis’ voice …
    Marcy proceeded to explain … Enjoying a little gossip herself.

Marcy
    ”Yeah … It was some kind of mess from what I understand … Get this.
    You know that challenge show BlackSand Industries has every few seasons?
    I don’t ever watch it, but someone does I imagine.”

Curtis Thinks to Himself
    ** No Kidding … I would’ve never guessed **

50214832041_8467cf33c3_k.jpg

Marcy
    ”Anyway … The last time they had the challenge,
    One of the challengers was arrested, and the season was cut short.
    As it turns out, the challengers lost everything, and this business was part of it.”

Curtis
    ” Oh yeah … I think I heard about that somewhere.
    Go on … What happened?”

Marcy
    ”Well … BlackSand Industries took over the business, and several others from what I understand …
    Gave all the employees 3 weeks pay, and sent everyone home while they sorted things out.
    That is with the exception of the Grocery Store and Hospital … They stayed open of course.
    Shortly after the 3 weeks were up, someone else bought most of the properties …
    No one knows who.

I was hired by some third party HR outfit, and they sign my checks …
    There’s an accountant that comes from Bridgeport to look at the books every month …
    But, that’s pretty much all anyone knows.”

50215104787_3ff3f26457_k.jpg

Time For a Cup of Joe
    Marcy and Curtis chatted for bit longer while she started to go about actually opening the store.
    Curtis enjoyed the conversation, having someone else to talk to instead of himself …
    And he did a good bit more listening than talking.

They continued while Curtis drank, and they were both surprised no one else had yet to show up.
    After the small talk had run thin …
    Curtis decided to go online and see if there were any homes that were up for sale.
    With any luck he would find something in his price range, and hopefully local.

50214832986_e494fbb6de_k.jpg

… Meanwhile …
    The soft thud of her shoes almost seemed to echo in the still morning.
    This was her quiet time, her catharsis …
    The cadence of her steps helped soothe her scattered thoughts ...
    This was her planning time … Her drawing board on which she sketched her dreams.

She was jolted by an unfamiliar and unwelcome distraction, and thought to herself …
    **Plum … Some dang fool on a motorcycle.**

50214530198_22342558ab_k.jpg

To Be Continued …

• Options

50218186682_9fab949bfe_k.jpg

Curtis was able to find a lot with a house in his price range.
    Unfortunately, it was listed in the Sheriff’s Sale after being seized from criminals.
    The clerk at the courthouse where he signed the papers had warned him …
    It was going to need some work.

Nicholas was the first to show up while Curtis was still trying to figure out where to start.

Nicholas
    ”Hey Curtis … I thought I heard you roll in …
    Brought that book by and left it inside.
    Man … Did you know this place was a dump?
    And I don’t mean that like it needs a little work …
    It’s literally a dump.”

50218188487_aa427b55e7_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Price Nick … Yeah, I knew what I was getting.
    But when I showed up in Hidden Springs for the challenge …
    I didn’t look much better.”

Nicholas
    Laughing to try and lighten the mood …

”Well, we could take some of these tires,
    a book of matches, and grab a package of hotdogs.
    I don’t know how much of this place you can salvage.”

50218192397_d7bc60ae01_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”I had plenty of time to think about things in lock-up.
    It’s not about where you start … It’s where you finish.
    Potential Nick … I see potential in this place.
    If nothing else, Susan taught me how to extract value out of a rock.”

“This place may never be the Taj Mahal …
    But it can be more than a dump.”

50217316378_759587f381_k.jpg

Nicholas
    ”Well let me go see if I can borrow a truck.
    I’m off today, and there is no time like the present to start working around here.
    We can haul some of this stuff to the City Dump.
    I appreciate your help with the book and my present for Carol.”

50217316718_0429f072e5_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Thanks Nick, you’ve been inside already, what’s it like in there?
    I’m almost dreading to look.”

Nicholas
    ”Looks like the cops probably tossed the place when they busted the guys living here.
    But … I think someone has been in there since.
    If you ask me, I think the yard is worse than inside.
    It’s structurally sound, and there aren’t any holes in the walls if that makes you feel better about looking.”

Curtis took a look inside after Nicholas went to borrow a truck.
    Nicholas had been correct, the yard was in worse shape than the inside.
    It was all doable … He could fix this place.

50217973271_3343f5f5e0_k.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2020

The Winterly’s
    Not long after Nicholas left to find a truck, and to Curtis’ surprise …
    Peter and Adele Winterly came popping around the corner of the house.
    In pure Adele Winterly style … She took no time in going off on Curtis.

50218865956_6e8ad12614_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Lord Child … What in the world have you gotten yourself into with this nasty mess of a place?
    Don’t tell me you have anything to do with those plum drug dealers that were up in here.
    Don’t you be getting yourself in any trouble young man …
    I will still put you over my knee.”

Curtis could not help but chuckle at Adele’s antics.
    He was completely surprised to see the two of them.
    He had helped their son with homework a few times …
    but had not expected them to really care enough to show up.

Curtis
    ”Peter, Adele … What a pleasant surprise.
    I would invite you inside, but the place is a wreck and the rats still own the bathroom.
    How did you find out I was … “

Peter Winterly took the opportunity to interrupt and clear things up about that.

50218866286_cdc77a0566_k.jpg

Peter
    ”Son … You ought to know by now Adele has her ways.
    The two of us invited Nicholas over to the house two nights ago, and she sniffed out something was up.
    She waved a plate with a big fat slice of her key lime pie under his nose …
    It wasn’t a minute later and he was singing like a canary.

That boy didn’t have a chance …
    I’ve seen stronger men break in the face of Adele’s key lime pie.
    Heck, I married her.”

50218211368_803d7530ff_k.jpg

Peter Continued
    ”We won’t take up too much of your time …
    But the two of us couldn’t pass up the chance to stop by and welcome you back to Hidden Springs.
    We both thought what BlackSand Industries did to you and Susan was wrong.
    Taking all your money … Like they don’t have enough.
    I was going to give them a call and let them have a piece of my mind …
    but those sorry individuals don’t care.

Like I said, we’ll get out of your hair, looks like you got some work to do.
    Don’t be a stranger though …
    There’s a lot of people who feel the same way we do, and you might be surprised about our community.
    Thanks for giving us another chance.”

50218211593_06ce35d1da_k.jpg

Cuirtis
    ”Well thanks for stopping by, and I cannot express how much it means to me.

Adele … I promise I have nothing to with any of the people who lived here before.
    I asked Nicholas not to say anything because I was unsure about what the people here thought.
    Y’all have helped me see that coming back here might not have been a bad choice.

I’ll be around and keep in touch …
    I’ll stay out of trouble too.”

The three of them traded some more pleasantries before the couple made a strategic exit …
    long before Nicholas returned with a truck.
    Curtis did manage to overhear their conversation as they were leaving.

Peter
    ”Adele, I swear that is your old car over there.
    Lord have mercy, it could tell some stories about the two of us running the roads way back then.”

Adele
    ”If you know what’s good for you … You better hush.
    And I think there’s still some key lime pie left in the fridge.”

• Options

Missed

50222136977_5d7bbfe7c4_k.jpg

Nicholas and Curtis had managed to make a few hauls to the City Dump,
    And the Junkyard had sent a flatbed to scrap the cars and a few other items out of the yard.
    Curtis figured on starting fresh, gutted the house down to the electrical and plumbing,
    and sold everything he could get a dime for, to whomever was willing to pick it up.

When he sat down and looked at the balance,
    he was going to need more money for the renovations than he had in the bank.
    Falling back on what he had learned during the challenge,
    he contacted the publishers he had used before.
    They agreed to pay him enough to keep him in food and living expenses,
    if he would write an account of his life struggles and time in the joint.

It was a bit different than his earlier romance novels,
    and Curtis was forced to wrestle with his demons again, putting everything to page.

50221916566_d1c4d96d87_k.jpg

Splitting time between working on the house, fishing for food and cash, as well as on the book,
    Curtis was in the Java Hut cranking out another chapter one morning,
    when something from his past came creeping back in … And not on the page.

It was a smell …
    Not an offensive smell, but something floral … Not like a perfume and far more subtle.
    Initially he couldn’t put his finger on what it was, or why it seemed to grab him.
    All of a sudden it struck him … Shampoo!
    The kind of shampoo you find in the foo-foo section of an up-scale pharmacy, next to the picture frames …
    But not one you are going to find on the shelf at the corner drugstore.

Susan … It was Susan’s shampoo.
    Susan had suffered with the best during the challenge,
    but there were some things she just didn’t do without …
    That shampoo was one of them.

50221918356_5b4827db8a_k.jpg

All of a sudden it came down on him like a ton of bricks.
    Startled, confused, excited and terrified at the same time,
    his heart jumped, skipped a few beats, and was threatening to choke him out.
    Almost uncontrollably, Curtis snapped up out of his seat and jerked around …
    Absolutely certain Susan was behind him.

50222139677_059d32baa4_k.jpg

Curtis took a few steps …
    Trying to gain some bearing, and following the smell.
    The next few seconds seemed like a frantic eternity,
    but he realized the café was now empty except for himself and Marcy.

After a few moments, dread started to sink in.
    Curtis had been working on the book at the station closest to the door.
    If it had been Susan, she would have seen him …
    And she would have chosen to pass him by.
    Curtis fought back the urge to run into the street outside to see for himself.

Marcy on the other hand, when he turned towards the counter …
    Was looking at Curtis like he was a crazy man.
    Obviously startled herself by what Curtis had just done,
    She wondered what was coming next as Curtis approached and asked her a question.

50221270408_4aa5b3c3ea_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Hey, sorry if I scared ya …
    I was just over there working on the book and wasn’t paying attention to anything else.
    Was there just someone else in here …
    Tall, dark hair, kind of good looking?”

Marcy relaxed a little and answered back …

Marcy
    ”Yeah … Buzzberry Tea and a Brownie.”

Curtis Chuckles and Asks
    ”What … What do you mean?”

Marcy
    ”Curtis … Not everyone is like you, sweetie.
    A lot of customers don’t come here often, and don’t go through the trouble of introducing themselves.
    So … In order for me to remember who they are and possibly be friendlier …
    to me, those customers are what they order when they do come in.
    She doesn’t come in here often, but when she does, she gets buzzberry tea and a brownie.

Sorry I can’t help you out more than that.”

To Be Continued …

• Options

Ya Think … Mwwahahahah!
    Well friends … By this time in our story, it could be safe for someone to assume.
    Adele Winterly was genuinely concerned about Curtis slipping and landing back in trouble.

However …
    If that person found themselves outside Varg’s Tavern on a certain afternoon,
    It could actually become abundantly clear how long something had been brewing …
    And exactly who could be flirting with the Devil and stomping on thin ice.

50222030883_7febd883b9_k.jpg

Adele
    ”I’ve run into Curtis in town, and we have spoken a few times …
    But really Nick … How are things going on your end?”

50222679796_bcdde1b3fa_k.jpg

Nicholas
    ”Absolutely nothing to worry about Adele … I got it covered.

I’ve been helping Curtis around his place and things are coming along.
    He’s got a new book deal and that’s coming along nicely as well.

I gave Carol her birthday present …
    Curtis wrote a lovely note in it, and she was thrilled with the gift.
    Heck, she kept carrying on about what good writer he was and everything.
    Dang Adele, I‘m solid on my end … It’s gravy!”

50222900887_ce28fd728c_k.jpg

Adele
    ”That’s fabulous, we’ll give him a bit more time to work on the house.
    As that’s working itself out, I’ll start nudging Carol.
    Lord Child, that girl is about to drive me crazy with her moaning and groaning
    about the same old – same old going on in her life.

And you Andrew … Don’t you be telling Peter about any of this!”

50222028963_13360503ca_k.jpg

Andrew Song
    ”Are you plumming crazy Adele … There’s no way I would tell Peter!
    If Peter finds out about any of this, and that I knew …
    My hide would be hanging on a line next to yours and Nick’s for sure.

But hey … In for a penny in for pound …
    And there’s no way I’m passing up a front row seat,
    watching what could turn out to be one horrific disaster of biblical proportions.
    Sue me … It’s human nature to rubber-neck a car wreck … You can’t help yourself.

Anyway … let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Carol is a charming young lady, and I really like Curtis.
    Who knows, it’s possible this could work out and we aren’t digging our own graves.’

• Options

Busy As Bees

Well folks … It looks like things just keep getting better for everyone in our little story.
    Curtis had managed to finish the book, as well as fix up the house and that terrible yard.
    At the same time, Adele and her cohorts …
    had been doing their best to sober up Cupid …
    and maybe even teach that poor little old naked winged baby how to shoot.

Curtis and Nick had spent the day dropping in the hot tub in the backyard …
    and Andrew had even helped put a few chairs together.
    Curtis thought it was only appropriate for him to catch a few rounds …
    as the guys played pool at Varg’s that evening.

50228356858_75524521fd_k.jpg

Not letting the opportunity go waste,
    Nick thought he would stick his toe in and test the waters in regards to Susan and all that mess …

Nicholas
    ”Dang Curtis … Your place is looking awesome and that hot tub we put in today …
    Brother, you are going to have some hotties running up in there.
    Oh, sorry … Is that your bottom lip still dragging the ground over Susan …
    Don’t want to step on it?”

50229220502_471964f960_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Nah Nick … Writing the book helped more than I thought it would.
    I had a hard time with the chapter where I dealt with the Susan issue,
    but I literally closed the book on that chapter and it’s behind me now.
    I may go nuts if she walks through the door right now …
    But that’s in the past, and will probably stay there.

Look, I cannot thank you guys enough for your help with everything.
    I wouldn’t have been able to do the house by myself …
    And you Andrew … You just crack me up sometimes.

Nurse, give me a screwdriver …
    Nurse, sweat-rag now …
    Nurse, is there a beer anywhere around here while I watch these guys wrestle that hot tub?”

50228358433_ef719cd0da_k.jpg

Andrew
    ”Sorry guys … Self-preservation.

I’m a doctor and these hands are made for miracles.
    More importantly, they’re for miracles that most certainly don’t include you, Nick and a hot tub.”

Meanwhile Across Town …
    Adele had a PT Test coming up at the base,
    and Carol Anne had been helping her train at her place in the evenings.

Adele, not letting the opportunity go to waste,
    thought she might just do a little nudging on Carol …
    Hopefully pushing her a bit closer to the Master Plan.

50228360413_437e3d091f_k.jpg

Adele
    ”You know sweetheart, you just have a beautiful place here,
    And you’re always working so hard.
    I am so surprised you haven’t been able to find you a nice young man by now.”

50229003911_78d69f177f_k.jpg

Carol-Anne
    ”Adele, have you been talking to my mother?

You sound just like her …
    And I’ll tell you the same thing I told her last Sunday.

I’m too busy and I’m not looking for a nice man at the moment.”

50228361688_6e6483b835_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Hmph … Well there ‘Miss I’m Too Busy and Not Looking for a Nice Man’ ...
    All I am saying is that the …
    ‘I Better Start Thinking About Looking For One’ expiration date
    tattooed on your rear-end, is so far past due the numbers are fading.

Lord Child girl, what are you thinking?”

50229223547_7b7c8c2b81_k.jpg

Carol Anne
    ”Stop it Adele …
    I’m not letting you, nor my mother badger me into doing something I don’t want to do.

You and Peter have a great life, your family is growing and they are precious …
    But that’s not what I want right now Adele.”

50229010516_17fffba4c4_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Um-Hmm … Well go on with your bad self then.
    But don’t come crying to Adele when you find yourself
    old, lonely, and in a rocking chair with 50 cats.

You know I just love and respect you so much Carol,
    But you ain’t getting any younger girlfriend.

I don’t want to be cleaning up Charles’ room one day …
    And come across one of those comics he reads titled
    ‘Wonder Woman Turns Into Cat Lady’.”

Well Friends … Where Adell and her cohorts
    might just be lining up the moon and all the stars in the sky …

I gotta tell ya,
    I just hope that mean old tempest BlackSand ain’t hiding in the kitchen
    and thinking about putting ghost chilis in the strawberry shortcake mix.

To Be Continued …

• Options

Curtis' book hits the shelves ...
    Broken breaks all his previous sells records.

50230581441_4428c6115b_c.jpg

• Options

Who’s Who
    Where we last left our little story off …

Curtis had finished his book Broken.
    He had also gone a few rounds with Po-Boy's Publishing,
    after finding out they were a subsidiary of BlackSand Publishing …
    Which is obviously a subsidiary of BlackSand Industries.

Go Figure …
    That dang BlackSand Industries has their thumb in everybody’s pie.

Anyway, Nicholas Riverhawk and Adele Winterly had also been trying to
    figure out a way to maybe get their friends Curtis and Carol Anne together.

Seems as though those two might just actually already know each other …
    Even if it wasn’t by name.

50235944468_04594955ea_k.jpg

Martin
    ”Good Morning Carol … Could I interest you in a very fresh brownie
    and possibly some buzzberry tea?’

Carol
    ”That would be perfect Martin …
    glad you remembered, and I must be so predictable.

Hey … Let me step around there and take a look,
    have you been going to the gym and working out?”

50236596166_6b7cf8d06e_k.jpg

Martin
    ” Whoa there Carol … You might want to step back
    because I know you are digging these guns … Whooya!

I’ve been working hard to go from plain old ruggedly handsome
    to total chick magnet.
    Marcy has been pretending she doesn’t notice,
    but I think she’s just playing hard to get.’

Carol Laughs, Adding Encouragement
    ”Well there Martin, you keep at it and you will be a regular Swarzeneger .

Speaking of Marcy, I assume she’s off today.
    It’s kind of busy, but some of the regulars are missing …
    Like Mr. Motorcycle Man, he hasn’t been in this morning?

That confounded man and his bike, rolling through town at the crack of dawn.”

50236810527_d9f7f0eef0_k.jpg

Martin
    ”Oh … You mean Curtis … Curtis Stevens.

Nah, he hasn’t been in the last couple of days.
    Marcy said he finished his latest book, and he might not be in for a week or so.
    Something about a book signing tour in Mapleton, Valleyview and Kirbytown.

I’m sure he’ll be back in when things settle down again.”

50235949628_34b7231849_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Wait, hang on there Martin …

So you are telling me that man who usually sits over there at the station by the door …
    The man I walk by every now and again when I come in …
    The man, who I am almost ashamed to say,
    I pray every night someone steals his motorcycle and drives it off in the bay …

Is Curtis Steven …
    I mean Curtis Stevens, as in the writer Curtis Stevens?”

Martin
    Kind of Puzzled by Carol’s Question

”Well yeah Miss Carol …
    His name is Curtis Stevens and he writes books.

What do you mean you don’t like his bike, because I think it’s awesome?”

Weellll now folks … It seems like our two friends Curtis and Carol Anne
    may not have actually bumped into to each other yet …
    But we may be able to start putting a little one and one together to get two.

Seems as though it’s not entirely unreasonable that Miss Buzzberry Tea and a Brownie …
    would not have been someone that would buy whatever was left of Susan’s favorite shampoo
    at the corner Grocery Store.

Come on now … Stick with me … This could get interesting.
    To Be Continued …

• Options
    edited August 2020

Round and Round
    While Carol was finally figuring how her favorite author
    was also the ‘dang fool’ with a motorcycle …

Curtis was about to head into round umpteenth thousand
    with Sherman Thomas …
    The unlucky soul BlackSand Industries had saddled with handling
    Curtis’ account in regards to the new book.

50237695206_e3a1d662db_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Ah-No … Not You Again!
    You have been bird-dogging me for days,
    and we have been over this again and again.
    Do you even own a phone …
    At least that way I could ignore your calls?

I’ll tell you what …
    I’m gonna go around back and fix me a drink.
    You better not be standing here when I turn back around.”

50237913497_3008e57390_k.jpg

That poor fella Sherman wasn’t entirely stupid,
    And he wasn’t technically standing where he had been when Curtis turned around after making a drink.

Sherman
    ”Please Curtis … You have to work with me a little.
    Maybe we could drop in just two more stops … Huges Ferry and Port Mitchell.
    That’s all I am asking.”

50237914172_380ab2a15c_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Okay Shirley, Sherman, Shemp …
    Whatever your name is ...
    We have been over this before.

I am absolutely thrilled the book got published …
    Thoroughly ecstatic BlackSand Industries and I are making a boatload of money,
    And I will make every stop previously on the list and required by contract.

But if they want me to stop at every pothole between point A and point B …
    BlackSand has had a lot to do with what’s been going on in my life …
    And they have already made a ton of money off of Curtis Stevens.

I’m not worried about it, and don’t mind telling them no.”

50237697556_4cbfbf3957_k.jpg

Sherman Puts Up Another Desperate Plea
    ”But Curtis … Please, ya gotta help me here!
    I could get fired!

Okay, so it’s not your fault I got caught with my boss’ daughter in the broom closet
    at last year’s Christmas party, but that was a black mark on my record.
    How in the heck do you think I got assigned to your account?

No one in their right mind at BlackSand would have volunteered …
    they weren’t even interested in drawing straws.

Come on Curtis … Help a brother out.”

50237915132_32cb570eef_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”DUUUDE … READ MY LIPS!
    You ain’t earned brother status in my book.
    I don’t care if you get fired …
    And you’d be better off working as a deck hand on a Japanese whaler
    than for those crooks at BlackSand.

And look at yourself …
    I try to look sharp when we are out on the road …
    And what do you and that suit have going on, the duffle bag press?
    Just tell me you are not sleeping in your car.

Better yet, go inside, take a shower …
    and crash on the couch.
    You are about to drive me crazy …
    And we ain’t showing up in Valleyview with you looking like that.

Eh … Shut It … Don’t say nothing and go on inside.
    Do as I told you … Dangit Boy!”

Friends … If I wasn’t thoroughly convinced Curtis was really a changed man,
    I might just have to sneak in there and hide his shovel
    so Sherman doesn’t end up as fertilizer.

And to think about it … Adele ain’t had nothing to do with any of this.
    Lord Child … Hahahaha!

To Be Continued …

• Options

Didn’t See That Coming
    I have to say that anyone dropping by Curtis’ house the following morning,
    Just might have been a bit surprised Sherman was still there.

Stranger Things Have Happened, I am Sure.

50239369297_58175800ee_k.jpg

Where we catch up with our story,
    Curtis had finished his morning workout and was watching the news from the kitchen …
    While Sherman was just waking up from the first good night’s sleep
    he had been blessed with in a while.

Without a whole lot of fussing,
    Curtis told Sherman to get cleaned up while he fixed some breakfast.

50238507753_66f28f1f78_k.jpg

Well rested, in a better mood and getting fat on pancakes,
    Sherman thought he just may give the pitch another try.

Sherman
    ”So … I was thinking while in the shower this morning …
    You know, we could …”

Curtis was quick to cut him off at the pass.

50239156251_8d201a2174_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Hey Sherm … I don’t really want to emphasize the obvious,
    but I could have killed you in your sleep last night and sold your body as cut-bait
    to the fishermen we met day before yesterday in Mapleton.”

Curtis smiles and continues …

”Nah, really man … Leave it alone.
    I’m not cracking on this one … No way, no how.

What is going to happen, is that we are going to make it through the next few days,
    And I promise you, whatever else happens after that …
    You’ll be okay.”

50238508633_5f4b84164b_k.jpg

More eating and less jawing occurred after that.
    Curtis finished up the dishes while Sherman took the opportunity
    to iron a fresh set of clothes for the day.

With plenty of time still left to spare, the two were ready to head for Valleyview.

50239157301_731fd6c06b_k.jpg

Sherman
    ”Honestly Curtis, I don’t know what to say,
    You let me stay here last night, when I haven’t been much to you but a pain.
    Man I have no idea why you did it, but I appreciate it.”

50239157711_8f735af352_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Aw come on Sherman, thanks is enough.

Dude you are like a wildcat that is cornered, and you cannot help it.
    You don’t see a way out, you’re not thinking straight …

And By Straight … I mean straight through it.

There are some things in life you just can’t get around.
    You got to go through them … Good or Bad.”

50239158041_693963ae0f_k.jpg

Curtis continued as they got ready to head out
    ” Hey … I got a plan.

How about you get a couple cases of books out the trunk of that piece of junk you drive,
    And put them in the back of my truck?
    We’re not in a rush, can take it easy
    And maybe figure out something to help you.

I would suggest the bike but there’s no way I am showing up
    with a dude riding [censored … you’ll know the word if you know a dang thing about bikes].”

Now isn’t that something else …
    Curtis may be rough around the edges, but he’s not quite what you would call clueless.
    There may just be hope for that boy … Both of them really.

To Be Continued …

• Options

Winds of Change
    Every once in a while, in that great jigsaw puzzle of life …
    One has to stop and wonder exactly how hard the pieces might be trying to put themselves together.

On more than one occasion during the week, going about her regular routines,
    Carol Anne found herself with her hands busy in the dirt
    and her mind wandering all over the place.

50240757098_f9b33a6457_k.jpg

It kind of seemed as though the fertilizer was working just as well
    on the seeds Adele had so skillfully planted in her head,
    as it was on the plants in her garden.

She tried to push some thoughts out, but they kept creeping back in.
    Some things in her life were just undeniable.
    Business was doing fine, she was settled and quite comfortable …
    And regardless of what she may tell anyone else, being too busy was not necessarily a problem.

Fact is … She was a bit more comfortable with an old adage she had heard somewhere …
    and that suited her lifestyle choices precisely as needed up to that point.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it!”

Problem is … She just couldn’t avoid the idea that it may be time
    she started thinking about opening another chapter in the book of Carol Anne Ballis.

50241400701_c4fd1874b9_k.jpg

Then on the other side of town … There’s Curtis.
    The book tour was over and Sherman had headed back to wherever he came from for the time being.

Suddenly … Curtis had been grappling with a demon trying to sneak back in.
    Oh. it wasn’t anything in particular, that would be too easy ...
    It was everything ... The Hurricane.

The turmoil he had lived in for so many years had conditioned him.
    And every time he would get close to sitting down anywhere too long …
    The road would start calling him … The hobo’s life in a nutshell.

Still there was something different this time … A piece was missing.
    He was in the hot tub behind his place when it struck him like a lightning bolt.

”I Have Everything … And Nothing … At the Same [censored] Time!”.

50240758863_d07137fa8c_k.jpg

Well friends … Seems as though the winds of fate had a mind of their own …
    And a sweet breeze was blowing through Meadow Beach, one fine Sunday morning,
    when two folks were about to have a chance encounter that could change both of their lives forever.

Carol was feverishly trying to calculate the chances she could avoid the oncoming encounter
    with a nice smile, wave, and just keep on running.
    when a voice in her head brought some calm to her steps …

”Choke up Girl …
    This is happening sooner or later, one way or another ...
    Just grab the steering wheel.”

At the same time … Curtis just happened to remember the one single piece of advice
    his miserable excuse for a mother ever gave him that was worth anything …

”Son … When it comes to women,
    pay attention, ask the right question, then keep your mouth shut and let them talk …
    They’ll tell you what they want … And it’s better you don’t try and guess.”

50241617747_3442b1ceb9_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Hey, you’re Curtis Stevens … The writer, aren’t you?
    I have to say I have really enjoyed your books over the last year.

Also, your latest book is still on top of the Best Seller’s list.
    That kind of makes you the man of the hour doesn’t it?”

50240762293_34ed864d88_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Well I don’t know about the man of the hour part, but I am Curtis.

Anyway, since I know just about everyone else in Hidden Springs,
    that means there’s a good chance you are Nick’s friend from University.
    Carol … Carol Anne, right?”

50241406266_381e6c38fb_k.jpg

Carol
    ”That’s me … Carol Anne Ballis … Pleased to meet you.
    I have no idea what Nicholas has told you about me,
    But at least half of it is probably true.”

The two of them both take a moment to chuckle,
    thinking about Nicholas.

Carol Continued
    ”I hope you don’t mind me saying …
    But it doesn’t really seem to me that you are quite like some of the people around here say you are.
    You’re actually kind of charming and not what I expected.”

Curtis tried to hold back laughter
    ”I don’t know … Give me a few minutes and I’ll probably change your mind on that.”

50240764473_ea46663750_k.jpg

For the second time in as many minutes, Carol’s mouth started moving
    before her head even understood where she was going.

Friends … Those winds of fate seem to be hitting gale force.

Carol
    ”About those minutes … How about you cook me dinner?
    This evening … My place … Casual and nothing fancy.

No strings attached …
    And I’m sure I’ll hate you by the time it’s over.”

And for the second time, they both got to chuckling.

50240763858_b84fddf266_k.jpg

Curtis took a moment to make sure he knew where he was going.

Curtis
    ”If I figure it correctly, you have that cute house on the left heading out towards the base …
    Before you get to the Chesterfield Place … Great view, Nice car.

It’s the only house that I don’t know who lives there,
    and you’re the only person I hadn’t met until today.”

Carol
    ”That’s me … Six o’clock
    And I look forward to it”

Curtis stood there for a moment watching Carol as she started heading off …
    Wondering if he completely understood what had just transpired,
    and was grinning ear to ear.

Carol Anne made it about 20 yards away, before she turned around,
    walked backwards, smiled at the look on Curtis’ face
    And hollered back at him …

Carol
    “Oh, and hey … Bring the truck, not the bike.”

She started giggling as she turned back around, picked up pace and headed home.

Curtis
    ”Thanks Mom!”

To Be Continued …

• Options

Ooops!
    You know folks … There are some things, some people just don’t think about.
    As a consequence, it seems as though Carol might have contributed to Curtis’
    quickly deteriorating mental state ... Unintentionally of course.

It’s kind of obvious that Curtis would like to make a good impression.
    Likewise … Carol kind of gave him some feedback
    on what some people around town might be thinking about him.

Yep … That boy was paying attention.

However … When you happen to be making dinner arrangements,
    with a young man who grew up in a terrible household,
    and is not that far out of spending a great deal of his life
    homeless, on the road and living out of a backpack …

… Casual and Nothing Fancy …

You might as well be speaking Latin ...
    Because he ain’t got a clue what you mean.
    Worse, with today’s technology, and if he has half a brain …
    He’s going to try and look it up.

50242999562_cefa9b2bc2_k.jpg

That in itself is going to compound the problem.
    You better have some of those Nitrostat pills and a 24 volt deep cycle marine battery handy …
    Because that boy is going to have a heart attack when he sees
    the 56,963 results that pop up and cover just about everything that ain’t a suit.

You’d do better to tell the poor man to open his closet door
    and throw a dart, hoping he didn’t hit the Superman costume he is hiding there.

I ‘ve got faith in Curtis though, and I’m thinking he may just pull this off …
    If he starts breathing again anyhow.

To Be Continued …

• Options

Grounded
    Back to our story … Wonder what’s gonna happen.
    Curtis was able to find some clothes at least,
    and I’m pretty sure Carol didn’t have a problem with what he was wearing.

50244038338_dc422ce60d_k.jpg

There was a tad bit of awkwardness to start with, as would be expected …
    But they lightened things up with a little chit-chat
    and it wasn’t long until Carol was showing him around the house.
    Finally, they headed to the kitchen and she showed him where to find the pots and pans.

50244038813_8fb697f9d8_k.jpg

Curtis was busy cooking dinner, when low and behold
    Nicholas called Carol.

Curtis tried not to eavesdrop, but from the sounds of things
    Carol went through the happenings of her day,
    told him Curtis was there ...
    and her general tone suggested things might be turning out okay so far.

50244674521_7752b50299_k.jpg

Curtis had made some cheesesteak sandwiches
    And the two of them had what could only be described as a lovely dinner.
    No one was in a rush
    and they talked a little about everything in the world …
    Kind of trying to get a good feel for each other.

50244884267_c348e6cc58_k.jpg

Curtis was quick to take care of the dishes
    and Carol decided not to worry about the stove until tomorrow.
    When Curtis was done with the dishes, he offered to do the stove.
    Carol told him not to be silly.
    She then suggested they go out back for some fresh air.

50244040648_d3d42c07ee_k.jpg

As Curtis had suspected, Carol had a nice place …
    It even had some waterfront appeal.
    As the evening drew to into the darker hours,
    Those two just kept yakking each other's heads off.

Curtis kept his plan close in mind and stuck with it …
    Pay attention, ask the right questions, and let her talk.
    It even seemed to be working out for him.

I just know y’all are about to get bored to death … Hang on.
    We might get to the fuzzy bunnies, fireflies and fairytales in just a second …
    Looks like the sun is going down right now.

50244885907_fb39b6f064_k.jpg

When every bit of the sun was gone and a stillness set in …
    The conversation had come all the way back around
    and almost caught up with the times.

Carol
    ”I assume the book tour is over.
    Marcy at the Hut said you had been in a few mornings lately.”

Curtis thought that just might be an opportunity
    to find out what Carol’s ideas were regarding his book and everything in it.

Curtis
    ”So, what did you think about the book?”

To Curtis’ surprise, Carol answered in a rather matter of fact kind of tone …
    The kind that in a peculiar way tends to get your attention.

Carol
    ”I can’t say ...
    I haven’t read it …
    and I don’t intend to.”

BAM!
    Whoa … What just happened?

Yes friends … All of a sudden it was like the world had stopped turning.
    That question seemed to have gone over like lead balloon.

Carol was looking at the ground, and biting her bottom lip so hard it might draw blood.
    She was thinking hard on something at that instant …
    Kind of like the words had spilled out on accident.

Curtis panicked,
    and started looking for a recovery.
    It was more like grasping for straws,
    and the same dang thing kept crossing his mind …

”[censored] … Wrong Question.”

It had been looking like a lovely ending
    to what could have been a glorious day …
    When Curtis and Carol were quickly struggling to keep the dreamboat
    from crashing on the rocks.

It seemed like almost all was lost
    when an ever so slight breeze, starting cutting a ripple on the bay
    and the moon started shimmering in the reflection.

Then, for the third time that day …
    Carol grabbed the steering wheel.
    And Lord Child …
    She might as well have struck a match and lit the fuse.

50244050718_433879ff80_k.jpg

Carol Anne
    ”Something has been bothering me lately,
    And I’m not real sure what to do with it.

You see, there’s this man in town …
    Some big shot writer.
    He just made a fortune off a book where he dug all his skeletons out of his closet,
    Put them on the page in black and white, and laid them out for the world to see.

Most everybody knows him …
    And everybody seems to have their opinion of
    who he was, who he is and what he could be.

But you know … I met this other guy at the beach this morning.
    He was cordial, almost humble … I looked in his eyes and saw his soul.
    We had dinner, he listened, and he cared what I thought.”

Carol stopped for a moment, and took a deep breath,
    collecting her thoughts for what was coming next.
    That girl was about to lay her cards on the table.

Carol Continued
    ”Curtis … I don’t want to know the man in the book.
    I don’t want to have anything to do with him.

I want to know the man on the beach.
    That's the man I want to know.
    and I’m about to find out which one is standing in front of me right now.

I’m a grown woman Curtis … And I don’t give a [censored] what other people think.
    I don’t want to read the book, because I don’t want to be looking over my shoulder all the time,
    like everyone else, waiting for you to [censored] up.
    At the same time … I don’t do messy.

Right now, I want you to go home and think about what I have said.
    I want you to think about whether or not you are interested
    in the two us of us writing a new book.

I won't wait by the phone, or cry in my pillow …
    And I have had a lovely evening …
    Sorry it has to end like this.

I have faith in you, and I know you can figure this out …
    I trust you, and that’s all that matters.
    Let me know when you figure out which man you want to be.”

Curtis acknowledged he understood what she had said
    and they both shared a few more awkward moments
    of half-hearted and polite thanks you’s and goodbyes …
    But they were both still thinking harder on what Carol had just risked.

Carol, still standing at the water’s edge, watched Curtis as he eased around the corner of the house,
    wondering whether or not she had just made a big mistake … She’d know soon enough.

50244678916_34c79e33b5_k.jpg

Curtis on the other hand ...
    Was playing back in his head what Carol had said.
    He felt funny … And it was starting to bother him.
    Curtis wasn’t a half mile from Carol’s house when he had to stop the truck
    and start thinking about everything again in detail.

It had all left a mark on him … But in all that there was something Carol had said ...
    Way down there towards the end, and almost as an afterthought.

”... I trust you …"

No one had ever really trusted Curtis before.

To Be Continued …

• Options
    edited August 2020

That’s Me!
    Now Friends … If you are like me, and have been following our story,
    there’s a good possibility we may not only be having a hard time
    figuring out where it is going …
    But there’s no guarantee there’s gonna be a happy ending.

To tell you the truth …
    I just don’t always know what that mean old BlackSand is thinking.

However … We could take a look at one thing.
    Curtis had remembered what his mother had said, paraphrased of course …

” … Ask the right questions,
    be quiet and let her talk,
    she’ll tell you what she wants …"

Well I was kind of with Curtis in thinking he might have asked the wrong question,
    but you know, if you think about it …
    It just might not have been the wrong question after all.

Let’s get on with our story and see what happens …

50248561711_338a9ee104_k.jpg

No matter how Carol might of put off acting like
    she was going to be fine and handle things on her end …
    Neither her, nor Curtis, got a bit of sleep that night.

Curtis kept running everything Carol had said through his mind
    until he found himself out behind his place in the morning
    and with a pretty good grasp on the key points Carol had made.

She obviously thought there were two sides to Curtis …
    and one of them she didn’t ever want to meet.

Now … He was going to have to try and figure out how that was going to work.

50247919958_53ae2bcb18_k.jpg

Carol had completely given up up on thought of getting sleep and took a morning run.
    She had no more walked back into the house, when she got a call from Adele Winterly.

Seems as though Nicholas had called Adele,
    And the fact Carol and Curtis had dinner was already spreading like wildfire
    through the town of Hidden Springs.

Adele
    ”So tell me Carol, I heard you met Curtis yesterday.
    Did y’all have dinner last night;
    How did everything go?”

Carol
    ”We had a lovely dinner, he was a total gentleman …
    and I enjoyed his company.”

Adele tried a little longer to press some details out of Carol …
    But Carol wasn’t giving up the ghost on anything.
    What she had said to Curtis was between the two of them,
    and Carol wasn’t interested in feeding the rumor mill.

50248765507_8a9170be0c_k.jpg

Meanwhile … Curtis had thought that returning to the scene of the crime, so to say,
    may help give him some ideas on what he was going to have to do.

He was having a real problem figuring out exactly what Carol meant.
    There was no denying he was the man in the book.
    To him, the man in the book was all he had ever been.

Curtis dang near paced a circle in the park
    as he tried to examine things from different angles,
    but kept coming up empty.

Finally, he walked over to the chairs and thought he would look through the book.
    In a way it had helped him before, and he was willing to give anything a shot.

50248764622_9b8f81bab8_k.jpg

Just when he was sitting down and pulling out the book …
    He remembered one of the things Carol had said,
    and something that had been in his thoughts all morning.

” … I don’t want to know the man in the book.
    I don’t want to have anything to do with him.”

It was at that moment things started to clear up for Curtis.

50248765422_7db4f1592a_k.jpg

Yes friends … Not only was the answer to his troubles not in the book …
    The only thing in the book, was his troubles.

He burned the book, however symbolic that may have been.
    The flames were fast and hot at first,
    but soon there was nothing left but remnants of the hard cover.
    When the smoke cleared some, so did his vision.

There was just one more thing he had to do,
    and he was certain of it.

50248763932_f51a19d5f6_k.jpg

Carol was trying everything she could think of.
    She fixed lunch, but didn’t have an appetite.
    She went online, but really wasn’t interested in anything there.
    She even tried meditating … To no real avail.

50248761607_c006a0cd58_k.jpg

Finally, she just changed into something more comfortable for around the house,
    and decided the whole day was going to be a wash.
    Who was she kidding, she was worried,
    and her head was spinning.

*** Oh Carol, what did you do?
    I couldn’t have done a better job of shooting myself in the foot.
    In fact, I think I hit them both.
    What were you thinking girl …
    Adele … Errrr***

Yes friends … Carol was a wreck!

50248768632_17ea2c96b6_k.jpg

It wasn’t long after Carol was walking a hole in her floor,
    And it was getting close to sunset in Hidden Springs,
    When Curtis was putting the final touches on the one thing he had left to do.

Mmm-Hmm … That kind of looks like his motorcycle rolling off,
    And he ain’t on it … Go figure.

Curtis knew that like it or not,
    there was only one way he was going to shut that road demon up …
    And the bike was gone.

It was getting on into Monday evening by the time Curtis changed shirts.
    The one he had been wearing smelled like smoke and it was distracting.
    He loaded himself up in the truck, and drove real slow across town to Carol’s place,
    The whole time trying to think of what he needed to say.

Carol was a bit nervous, surprised and relieved to see Curtis’ truck pull up …
    And she didn’t hesitate to invite him in.
    When they got into the house she turned towards Curtis,
    Wondering what was coming next.

50247922573_40462b123b_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”You know, I was wondering …
    You’re that pretty lady I met on the beach yesterday morning aren't you …
    Carol … Carol Anne right?”

50248766757_223f424f08_k.jpg

Carol trying her hardest to hold it together
    ”Yeah, That's me … Carol Anne Ballis,
    Pleased to meet you.”

They both just stood there looking at each other for a moment …
    Measuring up the idea they both understood what that meant.
    Curtis was the first one to speak again ...

50248566796_c0fd8150e9_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”I’m sorry for coming by this evening without any warning …
    I’ve had a long day, didn’t get much sleep last night, and will be getting out of your hair.
    But I wouldn't get a wink of sleep if I hadn’t come by and told you
    that I am most certainly interested in sharing a new book with you.”

Carol
    ”I’m am so glad you came by and let me know …
    Although I didn’t expect it.
    I was worried I had made a mistake.
    Truth is, I didn’t get any sleep either.

Would you like to stay a while?
    Have you eaten … I’ll fix us something.”

Curtis
    ”Whether or not I want to, and whether or not I think I should …
    Aren’t necessarily the same thing.
    I have had one hell of a day,
    and I don’t want to pile any more on top of it.”

50248766437_18dc46b7bb_k.jpg

Carol was puzzled at first, but then kind of understood.
    But ... She was also not letting him get away without coming up with something …

Carol
    ”Well how about this?
    I’m going to take a run in the morning, and head to the Hut after that.
    What do you say you meet me there around six, six thirty,
    and we both start fresh?”

Curtis
    ”Oh that sounds nice, and I can be there.
    You know, I heard they make a good buzzberry tea and a decent brownie.”

Carol
    ”Huh …
    You pay attention to a lot of things don’t you?”

Curtis Grinning
    ”Well sometimes …
    And you have no idea how glad I am it’s you.”

Carol
    ”There’s just one thing I think I might need to tell you.

You see, before I really knew who you were …
    I might have … Kind of … Talked some trash,
    Okay, I really told a lot of people I hated you and that motorcycle of yours.

And a …"

Curtis cut her off before she could finish
    ”What are you talking about Carol …
    I don’t have a bike.

You must be thinking about somebody else.”

Curtis played it cool … And laid that card down smooth.
    Without even cracking a smile.
    Both of them had been through the wringer that day,
    And it took Carol’s brain a second or two to catch up.

When it did … Her eyes lit up like they were on fire,
    And she couldn’t contain it anymore … Look out folks!

Carol
    ”You better come here Mr. Man …"

50248767117_d820d93d72_k.jpg

Yes Sir, friends … That kiss, was one they had both been
    looking to find for some time.
    And I have to tell ya … They took their time with it.

When they finally came up for air …
    The whole room was dancing …
    And they were both a little weak in the knees.

They stood there looking at each other for a minute …
    With the goofiest grin on their faces, and not a care in the world between them.

Curtis
    ”That was nice … We’re gonna have to do that again sometime.

But I think I need to go …
    and we’ve got a lot of time ahead of us.
    I’m looking forward to tomorrow morning already,
    but I better get out of here.”

Carol
    ” Yeah … You better get out of here before I lock the door!”

As much as he wanted to stay, Curtis had not been kidding about his day.
    And the best he figured, Carol Anne and he were just getting started.

He almost made it to the door when Carol commented …

Carol
    ”You know the pool the town-folk have going online …
    Has it at 150 bucks we don’t make it a week at best.”

Curtis Grinning
    ”I’ll put up a grand at a week and a half …
    We ought to be sick of each other by then,
    And we’ll split the winnings.”

Carol Kind of Laughing
    ”You better get out of here Mr. Man …
    Good night.”

Curtis
    ”I’m going … I’ll see you in the morning
    Sleep well and pleasant dreams
    Carol Anne.”

50247924573_e4f30b2bd9_k.jpg

When the door closed behind him,
    Carol started talking to herself …

”Carol Anne …
    God, I love it when that man says my name.

Oh [censored] … He sold his bike.
    Oh my God, he’s gonna [censored] hate me.

Oh [censored], I’m dizzy.
    I got to sit down, before I fall down.

Whew … Wow!”

50249117691_962bc6afb1_k.jpg

Curtis was having a conversation of his own while crossing the yard …

“Mmmm … Carol Anne,

Man you would be lying if you tried to tell someone you don’t
    want to be three ways to naked with that woman right now.
    Who are you kidding?

DUUUDE … You Sold Your Bike!
    You are one love sick puppy.

Stop it, settle down …
    Just don’t [censored] it up this time.

Come on truck … Let’s go home,
    Looks like it’s gonna be me and you now.’

Well Folks … If you don’t know where this story is going,
    There’s only one thing I can tell ya!

Seems as though this story ain’t the drive-through window at a fast-food restaurant.
    To tell you the truth, I am pretty sure we ain’t even finished writing the menu.

Somehow it seems to me that both Carol and Curtis might be thinking a little further down the road,
    and not just looking for someone to mess up the sheets with.

With any luck ...
    We might just end up with a little more than a greasy soft taco with limp lettuce ...
    Who Knows?

Thanks for your time … And we’ll be back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mIhEXLZZbE&list=RD-mIhEXLZZbE&start_radio=1

To Be Continued …

• Options
    edited August 2020

Mr. Man
    Welcome back and it’s good to see ya.
    I hope all y’all slept as well as Curtis and Carol did last night.

If I remember correctly, Carol had offered to meet Curtis at the Java Hut
    And I think she said something about six, six-thirty.
    It’s about that time now, so let’s take a look.

Yes friends … there they are.
    It’s just a little past six and it looks like they are both on track.

50252573931_9ead232ef0_k.jpg

Curtis saw Carol first, and his heart might have skipped a beat,
    but he was quick to remind himself of some words he spoke the night before.
    They were kind of simple, but to the point.

*** Settle down and don’t [censored] it up ***

You could say Carol was trying to remind herself of something as well.
    She glanced down and let out a light laugh as they drew closer.
    If anyone had been watching, they could tell those two were happy …
    But I seriously doubt they would have guessed what Carol was thinking.

*** Good Lord girl, if he says your name,
    Don't start taking your clothes off in the middle of town ***

50252573721_e0d9a1e3f9_k.jpg

Well it wasn’t that long and those two had made it
    right up close and cozy with each other.

They were both just smiling and honestly glad to see each other.
    I’m not too sure they were completely aware of where they were standing at that point.
    But two young people in love ... You can’t do nothing with ‘em.

Curtis
    "Good morning Carol Anne,
    You look great …
    Did you sleep well?”

Oops … There it is!
    Y’all may want to look away, because he said her name,
    And I don’t know if she is going to start with her shoes.

50251915248_878a5d9e2c_k.jpg

Aww … That ain’t that bad.
    I think it’s kind of cute.

Believe it or not Carol was the first one to recognize
    the fact that they might be in danger of impeding traffic or worse.

Carol
    ”Whew … Good Morning Mr. Man.
    Haha … Are we really standing in the middle of the road?”

Curtis
    ”Yeah, it kind of looks like we are,
    But that was nice I would stand here all day for more if needs be.
    You worried about anything?”

Carol
    ”Well maybe …

I’m not, exactly sure when they started counting,
    But Astrid has money on 68 hours …
    And I’m not planning on buying her a new pair of shoes on a technicality.

We probably need to get out of the street anyway.
    Let’s go to the Hut.”

50252022988_bcc7ae3a9c_k.jpg

Just when things were starting to look kind of sweet and peachy,
    Carol turned and headed for the curb.
    Curtis on the other hand, caught a whiff of that dang shampoo.

Bad timing one could say.
    He froze, and a dark cloud of doubt threatened to press its way in.

Carol made it the curb and noticed Curtis wasn’t with her.
    She turned and could tell he was thinking about something,
    almost like he wasn’t even there.

She got nervous for a second, not understanding exactly what was going on.
    but then in a sweet steady voice, she threw Curtis a line.

Carol
    ”Are you just going to stand there all day,
    Or are you just enjoying the view.”

Somehow it worked.
    Curtis shook it off, and moved to catch up with her.

Curtis
    ”I got to say … It’s a nice view.
    You take good care of yourself, and it shows.”

But friends, what Curtis was really thinking,
    might just have been a tad bit more important.
    The sound of her voice had made a break in the clouds.
    and at that point Curtis noticed something.

He and Susan had been together, but not like Carol.
    And Susan was with Curtis because as part of the Challenge,
    She had to be with him.

Carol was there …
    Because she wanted to be with Curtis.

50252573156_bce955dfcc_k.jpg

They did actually make it to the Java Hut.
    Marcy was working the counter that morning
    and they did get a little something to drink.

The meet-up at the Java Hut had really just been Carol’s idea to put the two of them together.
    It was early on a Tuesday, and dead as a doornail.
    They talked to Marcy as they drank, but decided
    they might as well head back towards Carol’s house when they were done.

50251914658_17bebbd75e_k.jpg

They ran into Peter Winterly outside the Corporate Headquarters,
    But he was running short on the clock and couldn’t chat long.
    Carol made sure to ask him to do her a favor.

Carol
    ”When you talk to Adele,
    Please tell her I am doing okay, and I am having a good time.

She’ll know what it means … And Thanks.”

Peter
    ”Glad to do that for you Carol.
    I’m also glad y’all seem to be having a good time.

Don’t be surprised if both of you get an invite to dinner sometime,
    but right now, I have got to go.
    Y’all have a great day.”

50252572481_0ffd7f341f_k.jpg

It wasn't long after that and they were back at Carol’s house.
    Curtis wanted to stick around but didn’t know if he should.
    Carol on the other hand wasn’t having it any other way,
    and it wasn’t long until they wandered on around back.

50251913888_3db0266ea4_k.jpg

They chit-chatted like they had the first night they met for a long time.
    At one point in the afternoon …
    Well past lunch and neither one of them thinking about eating,
    Carol asked Curtis about his plans.

Carol
    ”Now that the book tour is over, and I assume all that mess is behind you,
    Have you thought about what you want to do?

I mean are you going to try to write some books …
    Romance novels, you were good at it?”

Curtis
    ”Well, don’t be getting your hopes up.
    Those romance novels were fairytales, and not the real deal.

No … I am done writing for a while.
    Thinking about finding something to do outside.”

Carol
    ”You know … I was talking to Mayor Vanderburg the other day.
    And it seems like BlackSand Industries is putting
    Meadow Beach up for sale.

I also have been up to Redwood Lookout,
    and saw what you and Susan did with the place.
    Would you be interested in maybe doing the same type job at Meadow Beach?”

50252571831_254b237c2e_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Look, I’m gonna have to give credit where it's due.
    I was more grunt labor on that project,
    and Susan handled most of the design.

She also dealt with the contractors when it came to stuff we couldn’t do ourselves.”

Carol
    ”You’re a good man Curtis and giving credit is appreciated I am sure,
    But I’ve seen your place too, and that certainly doesn’t have anything to do with Susan.

You need to take a little credit yourself sometimes.
    You don’t have to overdo it, but you do good work.”

50252571621_086615de8c_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Wait, whoa … You have been by my house?
    When did that happen?”

Carol started giggling,
    Which started Curtis laughing.

Carol
    ”I don’t know, maybe I am like any woman,
    or any resident of Hidden Springs for that matter,
    and just nosy.

Oh that’s too easy and I am not going to start lying to you.
    I have to admit I kind of thought about stealing the bills out of your mailbox
    in hopes someone would come repossess your motorcycle.”

Y’all are gonna have to give me a minute to stop laughing,
    and I am pretty sure Carol Anne and Curtis need it as well.

Curtis
    ”Dang girl …
    You are bad, and I thought I was.”

Carol
    ” Oh no Curtis, I am sweet like an angel,
    And you can ask anyone.

It was all that motorcycle’s fault.
    It was just evil!”

Curtis
    ”I know Carol,
    and you are kind of special.
    I trust you.

Are you really sure you trust me?”

50252752807_70799075d6_k.jpg

At that point, Carol reached over and pulled him close.
    Her cheeks were still a bit blushed from laughing,
    and they were both breathing a little heavy from the fun they had been having.

Carol
    ”Mr. Man …
    You had me on the beach when you first said my name.

You and me, everything else …
    It was all going to happen.

Curtis … I may have had my doubts,
    I thought I may have messed up.

But I don’t have to trust you now.
    I know, and I think you do too.”

Curtis
    ”Carol Anne … It isn’t something I know
    I feel it like nothing else.”

Carol
    ”If that’s true and what you feel …
    Let’s not mess around.
    Come live with me …

I mean go home today, pack your [censored],
    and I am not planning on going anywhere,
    but will give you a key before you leave.”

Curtis
    ”You’re serious aren’t you?

In any other circumstance in my life,
    I would think that you and I were both bat [censored] crazy.
    But I don’t even have to think about it.

Things changed for me yesterday.
    I made my choice then and it is as simple as that.”

50252752592_a3e709a05e_k.jpg

Carol eased back just the slightest bit.
    Her face was still full of joy but her tone took on
    a bit of the no-nonsense roll.

Carol
    ”There’s just one thing …

I’m not putting a cot in my basement.
    If you are coming here, you are sleeping in my bed
    and with me … No one else ever!”

Curtis
    ”I understand, and I can do that.
    I’m glad you’ll have me.

Wait ... You have a basement?”

Carol
    ”Oh yeah … There are a lot of things in
    that house you haven’t seen yet.
    and a few more things we haven’t done yet.

Come on, I’ll show you around.”

Cutris
    ”Hey, when you say things I haven’t seen
    And things we haven’t done in your basement …

That’s throwing off this serious whips and chains vibe,
    and I may be open to some things,
    but I ain’t going in there without a safe word.

Nuh-uh … Ain’t happening!”

Again those two started cracking up.
    You know … The pair may just turn out to be a fun addition to our story.
    I got to say I like them … Anyway back to it.

50252752402_b2a59af65b_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Nah Curtis … All you really have to do is say my name.

You do it kind of formal like
    but with a little warm butter and brown sugar on top.

You got me Mr. Man, now come on.”

Curtis
    “Well I can’t say I disagree with your taste in condiments,
    and I’m coming …

Carol Anne.”

Well friends … I’m going to give those two a bit of privacy.
    I appreciate you hanging in there with us while we managed to get
    Curtis Stevens all nestled down in a nice place with a sweet woman.

Don’t fear none, because there’s little fingers leading out everywhere
    Even if you ain’t quite seen them yet.

In the meantime … The Thread name is getting changed to

"Curtis and Carol … Update:"

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your time.
    We'll be back with ya ...

To Be Continued ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI

Silly Me.
    Happy Simming!

``
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @BlackSand I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on your story this evening. I kinda had a silly grin on my face as I read it and kept my fingers crossed that Curtis wouldn't blow it...he didn't. Loved it!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @bekkasan ... Thanks for stopping in and taking a look.
    Glad you had some fun with it and I think Curtis will be okay.
    He never really was a hardened criminal.

He was broke in Bridgeport, homeless and on the road, ate at the diner and walked out on the tab.
    He got picked up and was charged with petty theft, and vagrancy ... Then never showed up for his court date (failure to appear)
    after walking down the road to somewhere else.

The law wouldn't have been interested in hunting him down ...
    He didn't have an address where they could go pick him up ...
    But they would have put out a bench warrant for his arrest should he get picked up for anything else.

That's why the District Attorney even considered cutting a deal with him.
    When he got busted for painting on the sidewalk in Hidden Springs, Curtis was worth more money than the DA had in the bank.
    He was already equipped to lead a more productive life than the one that had got him trouble.

Everyone doubted Curtis (even if it was just a little bit, myself included) ... Except for Carol Anne ... <3

Thanks Again ... We'll see what happens, and hopefully have some fun along the way!
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    edited August 2020

For Sale
    Welcome Back Folks … Glad To Have Ya Stop By!
    For starters, I wouldn’t necessarily be comfortable going into all the details of the previous evening,
    But let’s just say it isn’t one either of our two friends will be forgetting anytime soon.

It also looks like Curtis took Carol up on her suggestion, went home, packed a bag,
    and didn’t worry about much else at his place ...
    figuring he could probably rent it out.

We’re gonna catch up with Carol and Curtis
    out by her garden in the morning,
    and see what’s happening there.

50259244857_693a8a360a_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”So it looks like you have a decent sized plot for a garden,
    but not a lot growing in it at the time.
    I’m surprised you're not taking advantage of these warm days.”

Carol
    ”Oh, I usually have some more planted,
    and I am almost certain the life plants in there now are about done.
    I do select runs in nectar though,
    and don’t always feel like spending all day in the garden.

If you aren’t too worn out after last night,
    Lord knows I’m dragging this morning,
    I was thinking about replanting and putting a few more things in.”

Curtis
    ”I’m pretty sure I can help you with that.
    I know how to pull weeds if nothing else ...
    And working beats the heck out of starving if you ask me.”

50258398613_a031d6012a_k.jpg

Well, the two of them took care of what needed tending to,
    then put a few more plants in.
    Curtis and Susan had a garden during the Challenge,
    and he had a bit more skills than he was letting on.

The work was warm and dirty …
    and it was later than normal for Carol,
    but she decided not to worry about trying to do a run of nectar,
    and just enjoy the time chatting with Curtis while they worked.

Carol
    ”Have you thought anymore about Meadow Beach,
    and what we were talking about yesterday?

Mayor Vanderburg said it’s going to auction
    within the next two weeks … Sealed bids, I think.

It’s coming up on the end of the fiscal year,
    and I know BlackSand is going to want to dump
    some of the properties they have left here.”

Curtis

”That’s not exactly what I was thinking about last night.
    To tell you the truth, the thought never crossed my mind.

But now that you bring it up again … I don’t know.
    What’s your interest in it anyway?’

Carol
    ”Me, you and Meadow Beach …
    Call me sentimental but it will always have a special place in my heart.

Also ... I mean, we could stay busy here,
    but we could find time for a few other things.

We don’t have to be in a hurry either.
    Just pick it up and lock it in before someone else does.
    Lord knows, it’s on the bay …
    and it could end up home to a cannery like that place in Kirbytown.”

Curtis
    ”I see what you’re getting at … And it makes sense.

But are you sure you … We … Really want to get messed up
    in investments right now …
    It didn’t go so hot for me last time.”

50259057901_79c8a14256_k.jpg

Finished with the garden, they had stored the extra seeds and tools.
    It was then, Carol thought she might want to come clean on a few other things.

Carol
    ”Baby, there’s no easy way to tell ya …

When you and Susan got disqualified in the challenge,
    and BlackSand Industries seized your properties …
    Sweetheart, there were some deals to be had.”

Curtis
    ”Oh … So I guess you are the mystery owner.

Marcy had said something about the Hut being bought,
    She seemed to act like there might be something shady to it though.”

Carol
    ”Oh no Curtis … I don’t have the Hut.
    I bought the gym, both Redwood properties and the Grocery Store.

You and Susan already fixed up the Lookout.
    The Lodge could use a lot of work, but I’m not in a rush.

I went profit sharing with the employees at the Grocery Store.
    They get more benefit out of it than I do.
    I make about enough to pay the taxes.

I really didn’t want to mess with it,
    but I’ll keep it local.
    I am very up front with my holdings though.”

50259058626_2ba2c031c3_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Well what do you know about the other properties?
    Who owns the Hut
    and what was Marcy getting at?”

Carol
    ”A big National Partnership bought the Hospital.
    They’re good people and I am sure Andrew could tell you more about that.

There’s a young man as far away as Bridgeport looking at Varg’s.
    I ran into him at a party back where he is from.
    He’s a decent guy … I also did my research,
    and I doubt he’ll change that place up much.

Mayor Vanderburg could probably tell you more
    about some of the other properties.
    Some big outfit, like BlackSand, only not them …
    and they are playing it close to the vest.

The remaining properties like Meadow Beach,
    and the ones you and Susan had in your portfolio, but never did anything with …
    Well, I’m pretty sure BlackSand will just sell them off to the highest bidder.”

You know folks … With all this dang business talk,
    Those two knuckleheads are about to put me to sleep.

I am sure there is something in there I may need to know,
    but the last time I made improvements around my place …
    it consisted of a plastic baby pool I bought from Wally-World …
    and to my surprise, my property values didn’t really go up when I put it in the front yard.

50258399253_84bd4e965c_k.jpg

Anyway … Curtis assured Carol there were no hard feelings.
    He also had an idea on how he may be able to find a few more things out.
    It was about that time he noticed something else …

Curtis
    ”Say … That’s a L'Amour des Fruits Nectar Maker
    You have a classic there Carol …
    and I suppose it’s working fine?”

Carol
    ”Oh please tell me you know a few things about fixing a L'Amour.

Some ants got in the control panel a few weeks ago,
    They burned up a circuit board,
    and I dang near killed myself trying to replace it.

I had to call a repairman.
    He was a nice guy, but expensive.”

Curtis
    ”Meh … I am not a professional,
    but I have worked on one here or there.

You best let me take a look at it if it starts acting up again.
    I’m in no hurry to lose what I just found.

Hey, you think you could fix us some lunch?
    I want to shoot Sherman an email.
    He’s still at BlackSand, and maybe he knows something.”

50258398278_10ae944bd7_k.jpg

Carol agreed and made them grilled cheese sandwiches
    While Curtis got in contact with his new buddy Sherman
    in Accounts at BlackSand Industries.

50258398023_d129662190_k.jpg

Carol and Curtis had a lovely lunch …
    I mean dang, grilled cheese sandwiches, it couldn’t have been any better.

When they were finished and the dishes were taken care of,
    Carol had an idea for the upcoming evening.

Carol
    ”It’s Wednesday, and they have pasta at the Bistro.
    We are both a bit of a mess …
    Let's take a shower,
    Then get dressed up and go to town.

I checked, and we have made it 86 hours by their count online.
    Maybe I want to show you off a little,
    Let them start thinking about the long money.”

Curtis
    ”Is that all I am to you …
    Just bling for you to parade around town with?”

Carol
    ” You better hush Mr. Man …
    Go ahead and get in the shower,
    I’ll be there in a minute.”

50259059911_74967e49b4_k.jpg

Well folks … I am not gonna want to see Carol’s water bill next month,
    because that was one long shower they took.
    I am pretty sure they were doing a little something more
    than just washing the dirt off.

Now looky there at those two love birds.
    Carol’s got a goofy look on her face
    and Curtis might be thinking about inspecting the crown molding …
    as if there was any.

Yo Dude …
    Fine chick, black dress, at your 10 ...
    What the hell are you thinking man?

50259059301_6551ef5b93_k.jpg

Carol drove, and she did park down by City Hall.
    It had more to do with the fact she had been alone for a while
    and wanted to enjoy the walk and company,
    than actually parading Curtis through town.

They didn’t say much … Walked slow and close.
    They were both grinning and thinking about the past two days.

When they got to the corner where the Bistro was, they both saw something.
    Curtis stood there looking for a moment and Carol was watching his face.
    Then she grabbed him tight, turned him so they were facing each other,
    And spoke in a soft, sweet voice …

Carol
    ” Curtis Stevens … You are a good man.

I don’t know everything you have been through and don’t want to.
    I know the man standing in front of me,
    and I don’t ever want to change you.

I’m sure we have something in the fridge at the house, and it can wait.
    I know what you have to do.

Come on Mr. Man, let’s do it together …
    That’s all I need from you right now.”

50258400533_da6ef9053d_k.jpg

I can’t say I rightly know why Star Shue and Christel Winterly
    were doing their homework in front of the Bistro
    at a quarter to nine on a school night.

However … I can say that there were times in Curtis’ life
    that he had wished someone would have stopped
    and asked him if he needed some help.

Curtis didn’t have the desire to pass up some opportunities,
    and he figured that part of moving forwards with everything,
    including whatever designs anyone had for the community
    Also had something to do with paying back.

Well folks … We got through a lot of stuff today.
    Our two love birds look like they may just be okay as well.

I have to thank you for sharing this time with us …
    and I look forward to it if you feel like stopping by again.

We’ll be back …
    To Be Continued …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf2bCmYIUy0

Happy Simming!

• Options
    edited August 2020

Fly on the Wall
    Hey there y’all … Glad to see you made it back!
    We don’t need to waste a whole lotta time, and kind of get back into it.

Peter Winterly had run into Curtis and Carol earlier in the week,
    and mentioned something about invites to the house.
    Well come about Sunday, our two love birds had been enjoying their time together,
    but certainly didn’t mind paying the Winterly’s a visit.

Everyone had lunch and was in a wonderful mood.
    As the afternoon came around, things kind of moved out back around the pool.
    If there’s one thing about this job I like,
    Well … sometimes I get to do a little eavesdropping.

50264719696_25eeca71a6_k.jpg

Peter
    ”Well Curtis … We’ve had a lovely day today,
    I’m kind of glad things are working out with you and Carol,
    But I just have to ask …

Did you ever talk to Susan?”

Curtis
    ”No Peter …

When I was wrapping up the book and before it went to print,
    I sent a preliminary copy to Susan’s lawyers.
    I didn’t really try to get into what it all meant to her when I was writing,
    but I wanted to run it by someone else and ensure I wasn’t overstepping.

About a week after that, they called me back ...
    Said she didn’t have any objections to it.
    When I asked if she mentioned anything else,
    They said she didn’t want to talk about any of it with them.

Aw Peter …
    I [censored] the pooch and made a mess of that.

Looking back I don’t think it should have turned out any different,
    But I sure could have handled it better.”

50264902657_736b855851_k.jpg

Peter
    ”I can’t say I don’t agree with you on that one,
    but Susan was … Is, a Hollister.

One way or another those folks always end up on their feet.
    It wouldn’t do any good to worry about that now.

Now I will warn you …
    We’ve known Carol Anne for a while, and she’s like a daughter to me.
    Things may or may not work out, but you better not make the same mess twice.

I ain’t like the law,
    and I’ll come looking for you.”

Friends, it sounds like Peter is serious.
    I’m gonna give those two dogs a minute to get on through that.
    Let’s see what’s happening with the ladies over by the grill.

50264903182_ba193e10b2_k.jpg

Adele
    ”Carol, I always thought you and Curtis could make a cute couple,
    Can’t say I might not have had a few designs on it myself …

But dang, when he cut that mop he was wearing on his head …
    Lord Child girl, if I wasn’t a happily married woman,
    I’d fight ya for him, and with a big stick.”

Seems like things might be a smidgen lighter over here,
    And the giggles are dang near intoxicating.

Adele Continued
    ”I don’t know what to say Carol …
    but if that man was sitting in my kitchen
    every morning wearing his tidy-whitieys,
    I would probably call in sick to work for a month.

And don’t you go trying to fool Mrs. Adele …
    I drive by your place in the morning
    and have seen his truck up in your yard all this week.

It’s okay darling,
    I have just been wondering where that bike of his is.”

Well Carol had a sheepish grin on her face,
    and hesitated a tiny bit before filling Adele in.

50264720296_2ef04f73e6_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Curtis sold his bike,
    but hear me out, because I didn’t really ask him to.

All I really ever said about the bike before he sold it,
    is when I asked him to bring the truck the first night we had dinner.

When I saw him again,
    the bike was already gone.”

Adele
    ”Oh I am sure everything will be okay Carol.
    Curtis has come a long way from when he first set foot in Hidden Springs.

He’s growing all the time, making a few mistakes,
    but we’ll keep our fingers crossed
    and I think there may be a good man in him.”

Carol
    ”Curtis is a wonderful man.
    I am not sure he has ever been in a decent relationship though.

He let’s me take the lead in a lot of circumstances,
    That may change some over time.
    but he respects me like no other man has,
    pays attention and wants to make me happy.

I’d be a fool to have a problem with that.”

Adele
    ”Oh girl … You are in love.

I’m gonna have to nail your foot to ground
    just to bring you back to Earth.”

Aw now … That’s just sweet and everything.

Let’s go back over to those men …
    I bet those two knuckleheads can ruin it.

50264065428_edaddda6d0_k.jpg

Peter
    ”You wouldn’t believe it,
    but I got a resume from that boy Sherman the other day.

Seems like he is looking at splitting out on BlackSand Industries
    and maybe heading this way.

Did you have anything to do with that?”

Curtis
    ”Well we still email and text …

He had mentioned wanting to make a move.
    My place will be up for rent soon.
    I told him to give it shot with you.

I mean don’t do me any favors …
    He would be working for you and not me.’

Peter
    ”That boy might have been a mess when he showed up here,
    following you around on that book tour …
    but I'm not going to lie,
    spending a few week with you kind of changed him.

I’ll look at it again,
    and it won’t just hit the circular file.”

Curtis
    ”You know, when that came up
    I was asking him about Meadow Beach, BlackSand
    and who may be interested in the property.

He said something about DHE or whatever,
    He also said they purchased a lot of properties,
    Including the one you are in.

What do you know about them?”

Peter
    ”Oh you mean Dixson and Howell Enterprises …
    Yes sir, they are something else.

They don’t have anything to do with my business,
    but they own the building we are in.
    Can’t say I could really complain though.

When they came in, they upgraded security,
    remodeled the lobby, put in new elevators,
    and they are quick about fixing anything if it’s broken.

But they have a mess of personnel,
    and all over the place in the region.
    You can pick up the phone and complain about a toilet,
    and it is dang near fixed by the time you hang up.

And they cover everything …
    building security, janitorial services …
    they even have an in-house concierge service
    if you need a car or whatever.

Yeah … The rent is a bit more expensive.
    but my coffee pot is always full.”

Curtis
    ”That’s odd … Because they own the Hotspot,
    the Java Hut in town.

When I talked to Marcy,
    She seemed a bit more skeptical about them.”

50264720726_f0a734ce02_k.jpg

I hope this doesn’t make you kind folks dizzy,
    But I kind of want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

Adele
    ”Since you two seem to be all kinds of ate up in love,
    Just tell me … Is there going to be a wedding date anytime soon?

Better yet, when are y’all gonna get busy
    making me some de-facto grandbabies to chase around the yard?

Oh Lord Carol … I just love me some babies,
    and I bet you two would make some cute ones.”

Carol
    ”I don’t think either one of us is necessarily running to the altar.
    Probably going to give it more time to simmer if you know what I mean.

We might not be having all those babies you are looking for,
    but I can’t say we haven’t spent a good amount of time pretending like we’re trying.”

Adele
    ”Carol Anne … That’s just a shame.

Not that you and Curtis are having a little fun,
    but that means if I want to hear the little pitter-patter of tiny feet
    anytime soon … I’m gonna have start working on that boy Nicholas.

That man is a fool sometimes …
    There may not be a problem getting babies out of him …
    but there’s a good chance he won’t remember the poor girl’s name.”

That seemed to strike those two as funny,
    and the men started wondering what was going on over there.
    Then the women headed to the pool,
    but Peter thought it may be helpful to add one more thing.

50264066198_9cc3823866_k.jpg

Peter
    ”I was just speaking from my experience with them
    but now that I think about it, DHE bought the lab too.

Not long after that, I ran into Liam and Andrew
    on the corner by the Grocery Store …
    and I tell you, that Liam was hot.

I seriously thought he was about to stroke out
    and was glad the fire department was two doors down.

He and Andrew were going back and forth about DHE,
    and Liam was really upset about containment and specimens or something.

Oh whatever … When those two guys get to yakking
    I think they are speaking Greek or something.”

Curtis
    ”Huh … Maybe that could be something serious …
    Do you think it could?

And I think you’re talking about when they are using Latin terms.”

Peter
    ”Come on now … Don’t you go getting smart with me.

I got to have someone to talk to around here that doesn’t
    require a whiteboard, markers and diagrams
    just to understand what they want to talk about.

Speaking of that, Einstein … I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer,
    but I know Adele Winterly like my back hand.

If we don’t move on over there and bust up those hens,
    your fishing time is about to turn into knitting baby socks.’

Well Friends … It may not be a bullseye,
    but I would say Peter knows Adele well after all.

Thanks again for stopping by, hanging in here with us for a spell …
    and I am looking forward to the opportunity to do it again.

To Be Continued …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5OyXmHD0w

Happy Simming!

• Options

The Big ‘D’
    You know folks … Most of the time that terrible old BlackSand leaves me alone.
    Every once in a while, she just taps me on the shoulder and points.
    While Carol and Curtis were enjoying their Sunday afternoon …
    It looks like BlackSand noticed something going on in town.

50268149083_55df2df0bd_k.jpg

There seems to be a few things that could be interesting …
    And I ain’t talking about Chef Francis in the background, teaching us how to make crepes.

Yep … That’s Sherman in the purple shirt ... I guess he made it back to town.
    Then there is that man talking to Mayor Vanderburg, and I wonder what’s going on there.
    Then, there’s a human gorilla in a black suit that looks like he could rip a phonebook in half …
    I really don’t want to know any more about him.

But … Let’s sneak on outside, try to stay out of his way ...
    And see if we can’t learn something.

50268812831_5cd1db5a24_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Margret, glad you called back quick, and how are Denis and the boys?

Well that's good to hear.
    Hey, I know it is Sunday,
    Nobody is going to like it,
    but I need you to do a few things for me.”

Uh-oh … Looks like someone has made a plan.

50268985902_20a30ce6b5_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”First on the list …
    I was going over the hourlies from last week
    in the car on the way over this morning.

I noticed around noon on the on Wednesday,
    Peter Winterly at the Corporate Building here in Hidden Springs,
    called about the toilet in the men’s room on the executive floor.

That’s the second time he’s called since we took over there.
    I know it has been fixed, but we need to do what we can
    to keep the friends we have around here.

Call that crew we have in Mapleton ...
    Brady runs it if I remember correctly.

Line them up, and by close of business on this coming Friday,
    tear everything out and redo both the bathrooms on the executive floor,
    and be done with it by the time the doors open on the following Monday.

I don’t care how much it costs,
    and I don’t care how many people he needs
    to bring to get it done. … Just do it.”

Hmmm … That’s kind of odd.
    Seems like this fella wants to make sure he keeps a few people happy.

50268813096_85d9be0725_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Next … And I know you are not going to like this.
    Go ahead call in Cindy, Martin …
    And you might as well bring in Bill out of Legal.

I want the three of them to go over that report Mr. O’Dorke
    at the lab here sent in on Thursday,
    just one more time with a fine-toothed comb.
    Make sure we are covering due diligence.

Cindy can handle the OSHA side of things.
    She’s bright and she knows what needs to be done ...
    Safety first always!

Martin can handle the Science.
    He worked with Adam on the other project in Mapleton,
    and he can figure out if there is really anything to what
    Mr. O’Dorke seems to be worried about.

Now Bill … Margret, I know you don’t like the man,
    but he isn’t paid to be liked.
    He makes his money keeping my rear-end
    out of hot water with the Feds.

Once they’re done, have them compile, and send me their notes.
    Highlight anything important because I don’t want to miss it.
    Send it to Brett, he’ll print it out,
    and I’ll look over everything in the morning.”

You know y’all … That almost sounds
    like a serious case of Cover Your [censored].
    I’m starting to really wonder who this guy is.

50268813531_230cd8034b_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”And I think Cindy is still single.
    She has a young boy, around 6 …
    Phillip is his name I think.

Tell her to go ahead and bring him in with her,
    and to pack a few toys and a some of his favorite movies.
    Call Ben in Services and have him set something up in Conference Room B.
    The couches are nice in there and we can keep him comfortable.

If you can’t watch him for me …

Thanks Margret, you know how important
    this kind of thing is to me.
    Pick him up some snacks too …
    We can spoil him some.

Get the rest something from Frittata's …
    They all like that place.
    But no dessert and lots of coffee.
    I don’t want them sugar crashing too early
    and I need them on their toes.

Everyone gets triple pay … This is a rush job and they’ll earn it.
    Cindy and Martin can head home when they are done and take tomorrow off.
    I’m going to need something else from Bill,
    but he can punch out and take the day after that.”

I got to tell ya …
    This guy is firing on all cylinders.

50268986242_92118f3be4_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Now I have something I want you and Amber to start working on.
    I know she is an intern, but she needs to start learning how we do things.
    You don’t need to start on it today, but don’t put it off.

I just got through talking to Mayor Vanderburg.
    I cannot stand that greedy little man.
    He kept talking to me about zoning restrictions
    and pushing things through the city council.

He kept hinting at kickbacks,
    and that’s not the way we do business.
    I need the two of you to start reviewing some of the citizens of Hidden Springs
    and find me someone we can support on a ticket to run against him the next time around.

I don’t care who, and they don’t have to agree with us.
    I’m not looking for someone to be a yes man.
    I need someone that knows the community and actually cares.
    I also need someone that I don’t feel like I need a shower after I talk to them.

When you’re done, have Amber take it with a note to Amanda.
    That’s why Amanda Howell’s face is on our billboards.
    She has a much better chance of convincing someone else to step up than I do.
    Have Amber go with her if they do any interviews.

Don’t be scared of Amanda either Margret …
    She owes me one in this case.
    I am the one stomping on fires out here right now.
    I am just keeping us out of court, and short of 900 protestors
    along with a couple of million in property damage if we fumble.”

Whoa Nelly … I gotta say I didn’t see that one coming,
    This man isn’t playing … Or it isn’t checkers anyway.

I think I am starting to figure out who he may be.
    I don't imagine there's a lotta folks that call Amanda Howell by her first name.

50268813791_287a6b35bd_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Almost done, and then I’ll let you go …
    We have a lot of work to get done.

Liam O’dorke …
    I’m going to meet with him in the morning.
    Let him know I am coming by
    and have him meet me in the bullpen at the lab ten sharp.
    Tell him to bring everything he needs with him.

Call security ahead of time and let them know I will be there.
    I’ll come in through the front, but don’t want to do a lot of glad-handing.
    Just keep things moving along, and straight to the bullpen.

Tell them to leave a member of the team in the hallway.
    Preferably someone local and that Liam knows well.

Every time I have tried to meet with that man,
    it has turned into a shouting match.
    I am used to being yelled at, but he tends to do all the shouting
    and then storms out before I get my turn.

This time, I am getting my turn …
    Even if I have to have him duct-taped to the chair.
    He is about to find out what the ‘D’ in DHE stands for …
    And why the hell my name is up there to start with.

Thank You Margret … I don’t know what I would do without you.
    Brett’s going to take me back to the hotel in Hughes Ferry.
    I have to call Tina and tell my lovely bride
    that I am not going to make it home when I expected.

She is going to be upset.”

Yep … That’s Alexander Dixson …
    The ‘D” in DHE, or Dixson and Howell Enterprises.
    I kind of thought he would be some crotchety old man.

Huh … I hope y’all didn’t get lost in there.
    That was a whole lot of information.
    To tell you the truth … I’m glad I’m not Margret.

Thanks for dropping in … See ya next time.

To Be Continued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEvL6jxUYA

Happy Simming

• Options
    edited August 2020

Plans
    You know friends ... When we last met,
    that fella Alexander Dixson was making arrangements
    to review what Liam O'Dorke had sent him one more time ...

And have a meeting with the prominent Hidden Springs scientist
    at sometime the next day.

As Monday rolled around ...
    It looks like some other folks are also making plans.

50276108923_7fdf70e4ee_k.jpg

Carol
    "I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed
    our time together, and last week was wonderful.
    I'm looking forward to many more weeks like
    that in the future.

But, you know ... A friend of mine contacted me
    about this gig in the art world coming up.
    We have the garden handled, cooler months are on the way,
    and I really want to look into this.

I know it's not necessarily what we had planned,
    but we can make it work.
    Besides, there's a great piece of art in the balance ...
    And if I finish this job, I sure won't mind having it."

Curtis
    "Oh Carol Anne ... I knew we couldn't just stay
    shacked up forever, without any other care in the world.
    I mean, it would be nice, but not really practical.

I'll make a deal with ya ...

You don't get so busy we cannot find enough time
    for me to chase you around the house naked ...
    And you're gonna have to at least pretend
    to trip and fall sometimes,
    so I have a chance of catching you.

As long as that's not a problem ...
    The deal is ...
    You can do whatever you want to."

Carol
    ” You know I just make you chase me
    to keep your heart in shape,
    and to keep you from getting soft around the middle.

I like a solid man in bed."

50276109333_74d8866119_k.jpg

Curtis
    "Oh ... So now I see ...
    You just want me for my body.

You're probably just going to
    throw me to the curb
    when I get old and fat."

Carol
    "Don't be silly ...
    We will probably have had a few kids by then.
    I will have put on fifty pounds ...
    and your nickname for me will be Double Wide.

I'm still going to look at the bright side.
    I won't have to pass up that extra cupcake anymore ...
    And I do love those things.

No, Mr. Man ... I love you,
    and you are stuck with me forever.
    But I'm only telling you that,
    because I would probably
    make a pretty mean psycho-chick.'

50276786321_8062b777b8_k.jpg

Curtis
    "That still [censored] though ...
    Cause now, I'm gonna have to find something to do.

I'm not laying around the house all day,
    doing laundry and just waiting for you to come home."

Carol
    "I don't know ...
    You do a good job with the laundry,
    and I don't have a problem with you
    handling my undies ...
    You should know that by now.

And you could always write again.
    I keep telling you that you were good at it."

Curtis
    "Nah ... That's not what I want to do.
    You are right about it getting cooler soon though.
    Rumor has it there is a spot
    coming open at City Hall.

That should at least keep me through the Winter.
    It might not be my favorite thing to do,
    but I would get to poke around
    and see what I could get into there."

50276786196_5bf0af65a3_k.jpg

Carol
    "Well ... I'm still taking that deal you offered,
    and you can do whatever you want as well.

You worked out earlier, but I didn't.
    I'm going to go hit the weights for a short set ...
    How about you go downstairs, make us some drinks
    and warm up the hot tub?

I'll be down shortly ...
    and I may just forget my swimsuit.
    How tragic ... I know!"

Well folks ... It looks like those two have some plans in mind.
    I also gotta tell ya ... I like the way Carol thinks.

You know ... I kind of wonder how that meeting at the lab went.
    Let's take a peek in that direction,
    and see if we can find anything out.

50276785796_72659950b5_k.jpg

Alexander
    "Hey Bill ... Alexander here.
    I know the three of you worked through the night.
    I cannot thank you enough,
    and I appreciate you hanging there a bit longer this morning.

That thing we talked about ...
    Yeah, go ahead and sit on that for a while.

There's no need for us to proceed with
    Breach of Contract or
    Unauthorized Release of Proprietary Information
    charges against Dr. O'Dorke at the moment."

Wow folks ... I am not too sure Liam
    knew everything that was in the works.

DHE seems to take some things seriously,
    and that's for sure.

Alexander Continues
    After A Long Pause

"I understand that Bill,
    but Liam and I had a bit of a Come To Jesus meeting this morning.

There are concerns with the project he is working on.
    I was able to get him to sit down long enough
    to understand that those concerns fall under his jurisdiction
    as long as he is working for DHE.

It's his responsibility to identify
    possible problem areas, and likewise
    it's his responsibility to see that
    whatever concerns he may have
    are addressed appropriately.

I really don't know what he was thinking.
    I mean I respect the man and he is much smarter
    than I am ... But I don't know why he
    thought he was still working for us ...
    It dang sure isn't his personality.

I'm pretty sure it all had something to do
    with those pet projects of his we cut funding to.
    He's accountable to our board now,
    and cannot just work on whatever he wants to.

In any case, they aren't going to like it,
    but I am going have Cindy and Martin come
    over here and give Dr. O'Dorke a hand.

They can guide him, we can manage the concerns,
    and if he is as good as everyone seems to think ...
    Then he needs to sack-up and prove it to me."

Well, I don't know what Liam is thinking right about now,
    But it's pretty clear what Alexander Dixson expects ...
    And what he is willing to do to get results.

Come to think of it ...
    I am pretty sure DHE would be doing the research
    one way or another ...
    And I'm also kind of glad Liam is
    looking over their shoulder in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYPWxymohWs

Thanks for dropping in ... Glad you could make it!
    We'll be back next time.

To Be Continued ...
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    edited August 2020

Open and Closed
    When we last left off … It looked like the big wigs at DHE
    and Dr. O’Dorke were willing to work together for the time being.
    Carol Anne and Curtis had also decided to branch out a bit
    and investigate some opportunities that had opened up.

For the most part, Carol and Curtis went about their new jobs
    and settled into new routines.
    Carol was just tickled to be back in the art world
    And Curtis was busy working at City Hall,
    doing a bit of snooping, and looking around.

One afternoon, Curtis was through for the day and ready to head home,
    when someone he had seen around City Hall caught up with him
    on the way to his truck.

50285506603_b9ebb3dd4b_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Hey Curtis … Is that your truck?”

Curtis
    ”Yeah, it's my truck …
    Why do you ask, and I have seen you around,
    but don’t think we have actually met yet?’

Alexander
    ”Oh sorry … I’m Alexander Dixson.

And about the truck … I find a man with a truck
    can often be an interesting fellow.
    Oh, he may have a penchant for having a little fun now and again,
    but chances are, he’s also the kind of guy that will pick up a shovel when necessary.

I have to admit … I respect that.”

Curtis
    ”Thanks Mr. Dixson … I guess.

It’s odd you would say that though …
    Cause you really don’t strike me as the shovel type.’

50285506808_1b5b910745_k.jpg

Curtis Continues
    ”You also have me at a bit of a loss.
    I mean I recognize the name and it explains why
    you have been around City Hall …
    but what does any of that have to do with me?”

Alexander
    ”Well Curtis … Truth be told,
    You have more to do with me being here than anyone else.

I heard about you and Susan, the Challenge
    and the opportunities DHE took advantage of
    are precisely how I found myself in Hidden Springs.”

Curtis
    ”Well I don’t mean to be rude,
    but all that was a different time …
    And if you have any kind of complaint,
    there are few folks you would probably need to get in line behind.

It also looks like you and the Mayor don’t see eye to eye on some things,
    and I am almost certain I cannot help you with that.”

50285507243_ed1be2b8fd_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”Oh no … It’s nothing like that.

I really kind of wanted to put a face to the name,
    meet you, and maybe even pick your brain a little.

You and Susan started something here …
    and like a lot things,
    once the ball gets rolling, it’s not that easy to stop.”

Curtis
    ”I don’t know what story you heard,
    but I kind of made a righteous mess of things.

I’m not really sure what I could possibly help you with …
    And I am equally uncertain that Susan would suggest
    you pay a bit of attention to anything I have to offer.”

Alexander
    ”Look … I may be wearing an expensive suit …
    But I spent most of my time at University
    fighting murphy beds, hitting keggers, playing a lot of pong
    and chasing the ladies.

Although I met my lovely bride there …
    I am not too sure I learned a lot.
    We all have a little something to think about.

If you have a minute …
    Come on and walk with me.”

50286336597_c27f56b67c_k.jpg

You know folks … I cannot say I know where this is going.
    I think I am just going to be quiet and keep on listening.

Alexander
    ”And about Susan … I know the whole story,
    and don’t worry about her.

Tina and I knew her parents well,
    and likewise, she and my daughter grew up together.
    Those two are thick as thieves.

I got the whole run-down
    when Susan showed up at the house
    not long after you got busted.

Susan and Christy are in France ...
    said they were doing some International Studies,
    but my credit card statements tend to indicate
    they're doing a lot of shopping and hitting the vineyards.

Susan will be fine …
    Dixson’s and Hollister’s might be new money,
    but we aren’t running out of it anytime soon.”

Curtis
    ”I have to thank you …
    I’m glad to hear Susan is doing okay.
    I couldn’t get anything out of her lawyers.

I still don’t know how I could be of any help though.
    I don’t have any sway with the Mayor,
    and I’m not too sure I want to get in the middle anyway.”

50286336797_544919f0c2_k.jpg

Alexander
    ”You never know …
    It’s no secret I don’t like the man.

Still … I don’t live here, don’t vote here,
    and don’t really have a say-so in who sits in the seat.

Between you and me, the best I can tell,
    he's looking at DHE financing his retirement.
    Where I might not be totally against the idea of him retiring,
    I’m not interested in buying his pina-coladas when he does.

All that man sees is dollar signs …
    and I’m not sure his plans are in the best interests of the community.

DHE is invested heavily here,
    but we have interests all over the region,
    and we aren’t necessarily interested in owning the town
    or rebuilding it from the ground up.

The only things we can really advance,
    and what the Mayor has been pushing,
    would completely change the landscape around here.

Hidden Springs is a lovely place,
    and I’m not sure that’s where things need to go.”

50285507968_f18c2061ff_k.jpg

For people that think Curtis may just be wandering through life …
    He may be a bit more on the ball than that.

Curtis
    ”If I understand correctly …
    DHE is already making changes around here …
    More specifically at the laboratory.

I heard through the grapevine that
    Liam is very upset about some of things y’all are doing now.

What light are you willing to shine on that?’

Alexander
    ”I’m not in the habit of discussing either
    Personnel nor Proprietary issues with the general public.
    Amanda Howell usually handles all that for us,
    and simply because she is better at it.

All I am going to say is that Dr. O’Dorke
    and DHE are on the same page after a meeting last week.
    I brought in some additional personnel from Bridgeport
    to help Liam address any of his concerns.

We may be aggressive, but we aren’t careless.
    It wouldn't serve anyone for things to get out of control
    and that would just be bad business.

Yeah … I don’t know exactly what you heard
    or what Dr. O’Dorke may have exposed about our project,
    but I can say I am willing to give him
    a Mulligan on that, and start fresh again.”

50286184516_0c2aa936ac_k.jpg

Alexander Continues
    ”I guess where all this is leading,
    besides the fact I just wanted to meet you …
    Has something to do with the town itself.

We are both kind of the black sheep around here,
    but after seeing what you accomplished in a short time,
    I would be foolish to ignore some things.

I won’t kid you; I am not the smartest man around.
    I do however have a knack of picking the
    right folks and putting them in the right spots,
    as well as getting things done.

I saw some of the respect you and Susan put into things
    when you made changes around here.
    I also noticed where you applied a certain degree of balance.
    I don’t know if it was intentional
    or something y’all just had a knack for yourselves.

Whatever happens around here …
    Amanda and I are going to need that kind of input
    from the community.

If Amanda comes to talk to you,
    don’t just shut the door on her …
    Hear her out and see what she has to say.

Can you do that for me?’

50285508413_587a76cfaf_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”I don’t see a problem with that …
    As long as it doesn’t get me in trouble with my bosses.

I’m not in a hurry to make mess of things again though,
    and there are some people far more connected to the community than I am.

You may want to speak with Peter Winterly,
    or even Andrew Song.
    They are smart, and generally just good people.”

Alexander
    ”Thanks for the tip …
    And I’ll look into both of those.

Also … It has been a pleasure meeting you,
    and I’m glad I had the opportunity.

Good luck with everything,
    and I’m sure we’ll see each other around.”

Well Friends … I would not say that was filled with gumdrops and lollipops …
    But I am walking away with a different feel for DHE and Alexander Dixson.

I wanted to hate the man just because …
    I might have been rushing to judgement on that one.

Thanks for stopping by … We’ll see you next time.

To Be Continued...

50286185156_006c1c890a_k.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4s1KVJaVA

Happy Simming

• Options
    edited August 2020

Into the Lion’s Den
    Things seem to have been moving along at their own pace …
    and Summer was quickly drawing to an end.
    As Carol was getting back into the art scene,
    Both she and Curtis were revisiting their previous artistic pursuits.

Although a bit unconventional …
    They could often be found behind their house,
    and not completely concerned with what the neighbors
    might think about their choice of attire.

50290939122_a716189e2d_k.jpg

Normally … It might not be an immediate cause for caution,
    but in the dog days of Summer,
    you are liable to end up with a rocking tan by noon absent that many clothes.

Another thing about Hidden Springs just happened
    to be the customary Pool Party on Leisure Day
    at the Vanderburg House.

50290940837_126979abe3_k.jpg

Renauld and Catarina were out of town this year,
    but Sebastian wasn’t going to let things slip.
    Carol received an invite and they decided
    to head over around lunch time.

There were plenty of folks present,
    although quite a few worked at City Hall.
    Carol ran into Jenny Lho,
    who she had not seen in a while.

50290793271_99def6645e_k.jpg

Jenny
    ”Wow girl … Surprised to see you,
    It's been a while.

You’re looking great though,
    and I heard about you and that handsome man …
    Does he have a brother?”

Carol
    ”Oh it’s great seeing you again Jenn,
    I’ve missed you,
    and I’ve missed our ice cream parties on the couch
    watching old movies.

They don’t make them like they used to.
    Nowadays it’s all special effects and overplayed dramatics.
    Back then they had a small set and a script ...
    And still managed to make it work.

Ah, but how have you been?”

Jenny
    ”Oh, you know me …
    Bored, lonely, anxious.
    Nothing a liberal dose of booze and pills won’t fix.

I’m just kidding and you know it.
    I have been missing you though.

I heard you jumped back in the scene
    with Tucker and his gallery in Mapleton.
    How’s that going?”

50290940242_0a19fba2cb_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Tucker had the place remodeled
    and they did a fabulous job.
    He also has a lot of new works by some contemporary artists
    like Greene and Mercer.

If you were to come by now,
    you wouldn’t recognize the place,
    and you can almost get lost in time
    when it comes to admiring some of Greene’s work.

There’s a food court not far away from the gallery.
    You need to stop by one day
    and we’ll have lunch.”

Jenny
    ”Oh I’m currently busy with a couple of pieces myself …
    Nothing I’m really excited about though.

But the customer is paying,
    and that pays the bills.”

50290942252_20114bf300_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry to hear that.
    It’s not uncommon in the art world
    and you cannot expect the customer to be as excited
    about your tomorrow,
    when they barely just got to know your yesterday.

It is still good seeing you
    and you still have to come by.

Don't make me break a leg or something.
    so I can convince Tucker he needs to bring you
    up for a week or two.”

50290792391_c87e052cf6_k.jpg

Meanwhile … It looks like Curtis is catching up with Blake Grayson.
    Those two have always had a way of kidding around with each other.

I’m not sure if their conversation is going to be PG-13
    But we’ll see.

Curtis
    ”There’s my beautiful ray of sunshine.

I’m glad you made it today
    and how has your Summer been?”

Blake
    ”Terrible … Thanks for asking.

I threw Ryan to curb over a month ago,
    and then I come to find out that you are
    already messing around with another woman.

I appreciate the call you never gave me,
    so I may have had the chance of casting a shadow on your doorstep.

Was there a lottery or something ...
    You don’t love me anymore?”

Curtis
    ”Blake … Don’t be that way.

You know you are one of my favorites.
    even though we fell a bit short of some serious quality naked time.

Why hell … If I was blind and deaf,
    I would have married you the first day we met.”

These two are just cutting up …
    It’s a good thing they actually like each other
    or someone would be getting their feelings hurt for sure.

50290941297_c3e94eb5e8_k.jpg

Blake
    ”I’ll poke your eyes out and slap
    you up against the head if that helps my chances.

No Curtis baby … I’m running out of eligible bachelors around here,
    and if things don’t start looking up,
    I’m going to have to up the bar and start hitting on married guys.

I mean there’s Nicholas …
    The blind part wouldn’t be necessary,
    but the deaf part would practically be a must.”

Curtis
    ”Well, you know Sherman Thomas is back in town …
    Staying at my old place.

He’s always been kind of sweet on you,
    and you could get that chance to darken my doorstep after all.”

Blake
    ”Don’t be silly …
    Sherman is a bit of a geek …

Not my style.”

Curtis

”What is your style anyways …
    Thank you ma’am, I'll leave the money on the dresser?

Nah … Just kidding,
    but Sherman is a good guy,
    and he’d treat you right.”

Blake
    ”Oh Curtis … I don’t do good guys.

But … I am running out of options.
    Maybe if you teach him how to make those drinks I like,
    he can get me drunk enough, I’ll give him a chance.

Otherwise … Jewel Song better watch out.”

Well folks … I have heard of matchmaking before …
    But I’m not too sure that’s how it’s supposed to go.

They just might want to refer to Adele Winterly’s
    book on the matter.

Later … Curtis got a chance to talk to his boss.
    He thought he would take the opportunity to run something
    he had been thinking about up the flagpole …
    And see what Simon might have to say about it.

50290794256_f138dda67e_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”Look Simon … I know I have only been working
    up there at City Hall this Summer …
    But I heard there is a seat on the City Council
    coming open later this fall.

Normally I wouldn’t give it a second thought,
    and not even consider it …
    But I don’t know, and I’m thinking about running for it.

How would that sit with you …
    And do you think it would be worth me putting effort into it?”

Simon
    ”Yeah, I heard Carl Abbot was dropping his seat,
    and wasn’t planning on running anymore …
    Said he had some other things he wanted to do
    and that’s understandable.

You’re smart and have been a valuable asset around
    City Hall since you came to us …
    But I have to tell you,
    getting elected won’t be the hard part.”

Curtis
    ”What are you talking about …
    I don’t know much of anything about campaigns.

I mean you shake hands and meet people,
    maybe raise a little money,
    but I have never done any of that
    and I’m sure there’s got to be more to it.”

50290942522_ab5d878e6a_k.jpg

Simon
    ”There’s some of that of course …
    But that won’t be the hard part for you.

Carl’s had that seat for a long time.
    You’ll basically be running unopposed.
    Nobody else in that district wants the job.

You can shake some hands, let people know you are running
    and pretty much just walk through the door a freshman Councilman.
    That’s when the hard part is going to come.

You may or may not know it …
    But the Mayor has been busy and there are
    a lot of things coming up in front of the Council this year.

Getting the seat, and doing the right thing
    is going to make a difference.
    Those are decisions you are going to have to make,
    and that are going to affect a lot of people.
    even other people in Hidden Springs outside of your district.

It would be a good Idea you try and make sure
    it's something you really want to do.”

50290943127_8c656a5620_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”I’ve thought about it …
    And I have been paying attention to things.

I don’t know if it is something I want to do,
    or something I really need to do.

There could be big changes …
    And in any case, I want to know what is in the pipe.
    I’m not big into politics though,
    and that will probably take some getting used to.”

Simon
    ”Curtis, it’s not a bad thing you are not into politics.
    In some ways, it may be better that you aren’t.

Don’t let the politics or general consensus pick your direction …
    Let your principles guide you, be consistent,
    and don’t promise anything you cannot provide.

You’ll be there to represent the people of your district,
    but you’ll also be there to protect them
    and to look out for their long-term interests.

It’s not an easy job, and thankless for the most part.
    Someone will always be upset with what you decide.

Most people don’t understand that we don’t
    have the answer to every problem …
    Not to mention, that some things are
    really just none of our business.

It’s a tough road to walk …
    If you do it right anyways.’

Curtis
    ”A lot of that actually makes sense …
    And there are things I am sure I haven’t thought about.

I haven’t decided for sure yet
    and need to talk it over with Carol first.

If I do end up running,
    Is it okay if we meet often and talk things over?
    I’ll probably need some help and tips along the way.”

Simon
    ”No problem Curtis …
    And I’ll always tell you what I think.

One last thing … Compromise.

It’s an overly used term that has lost some of its meaning.
    In reality … A compromise consists of
    when both sides are equally dissatisfied with the end result.

Be careful what you choose to compromise along the way.”

You know folks … That old Curtis has a strange way of switching gears.
    I think he skips second of third sometimes … And grinds it on into overdrive.

I always thought he has been a bit flighty and more of the free-range type.
    The more I get to watching … He’s a thinker, and doesn’t really say a lot.
    I’m also starting to notice that he has a knack for asking the right people the right questions.

But, enough of that … Let’s get some pie!

50290119253_50c1e4fec1_k.jpg

Curtis had felt a little odd discussing politics with Simon, and at the Mayor’s house …
    But Carol had made a key lime pie using Adele’s recipe and they had brought it with them …
    In a way, he kind of figured that made everything even.

No one passed up a piece, and conversation settled down as folks got to stuffing their faces.
    There were no objections, and Carol helped Curtis clean everything up afterwards
    while the others went outside to enjoy the rest of the evening.

Carol ran into the youngest Vanderburg … Emanuel.
    She even took the time to try and give him a hand with his homework,
    But that seemed to present an interesting quandary …

Emanuel
    ”Ms Carol … Why do I have to learn how to
    divide and multiply fractions …
    Wouldn’t it be easier just to use decimals?”

50290944052_27186637f3_k.jpg

Carol a Bit Stumped
    and Thinking to Herself

***How exactly am I going to explain the importance
    of a comprehensive approach to varied mathematical strategies
    and with an emphasis on the applied sciences … To a ten year old***

Luckily … It looks like she was saved by the bell
    when Curtis came looking for her …

50290944302_f9535499b5_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”There you are Carol Anne … Sorry to interrupt.
    Baby, the other guests are gone, and it’s getting late.

We might ought to head home …
    And I can use me a little Carol Anne time too …"

Carol
    ”I know I say it all the time …
    But you had me at Carol Anne.

Let me say bye to this fine young man …
    I’ll be with you in a second.”

Well … I may be puzzled about one thing or another here and there …
    But there’s one thing I am almost certain of.
    That old Blake Grayson can forget about putting her hooks into Curtis …
    Nope, ain’t happening!

Thanks for stopping by again,
    and I look forward to next time.

Y’all have a lovely day!
    To Be Continued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhn9zBbv8gg

Happy Simming!

• Options
    edited September 2020

Great Expectations
    Curtis and Carol had enjoyed the party at the Vanderburg’s,
    and they both worked through the remainder of the week.
    They spent the weekend as usual, goofing around, handling up on
    household chores and taking time to enjoy each other’s company.

All the time, Curtis had been thinking about what he had discussed with Simon.
    The timetable on making a decision was closing in,
    and he had not shared his thoughts on the matter with Carol yet.

When two people are together long enough, it doesn’t take one a long time
    to figure out the other has something on their mind.
    Carol had let things slide on Monday, figuring that Curtis would discuss whatever was
    troubling him when he was ready to.

Curtis had Tuesday off and the two were out back before Carol had to go to work.
    Carol didn’t really know if she should start something,
    but she was certain that Curtis wasn’t getting anywhere by himself on this one.

50294280891_c7219085bb_k.jpg

Carol
    ”There’s something you are not telling me.
    I don’t know what it is and I am not going to try and guess.

All I am going to say is that I love you …
    I want to help you,
    And whatever it is, I am here for you baby.”

Curtis knew Carol meant everything she had just said,
    and wondered if he had been foolish not taking it to her before she asked.

Curtis
    ”Oh Carol Anne … I know you are always here for me.
    I also know that you will probably accept anything I say I really want to do.
    But it would require a lot of me, and there is no real way you could just stay clear of everything.

I’m not going to play around with it any longer though.
    There’s a seat coming open on the City Council and in our District …
    I’m thinking about running for it.”

They both just looked at each other for a moment.
    Curtis tried to judge Carol’s expression, but was coming up empty.
    Carol obviously had thoughts on the matter,
    but seemed to be calculating exactly how she was going to handle it.

50294430622_8fd6980532_k.jpg

Carol
    ”When I came to you and asked if you would be okay with the idea
    that I would go to work at Tucker’s Gallery …
    I was so pleased when you didn’t hesitate, and we made a deal
    that I could do whatever I wanted.

But sweetie … I wasn’t so pleased because I got to do what I wanted.
    What I loved about that moment, and what I love about you …
    Is that you trusted me, respected me and where more interested
    in making sure I was happy.

I also trust you; I respect you and I want to make sure nothing ever happens to that.
    Whatever you choose, I will support you, be there for you,
    and there is nothing the two of us cannot conquer together.”

50294281111_05feb321e9_k.jpg

Curtis
    ”That’s beautiful … And I know you mean it.

But now there is something you aren’t telling me.
    I don’t want you to make any decision for me,
    but I need to know what you are thinking …
    Not just what you feel, and what you want to protect.”

Carol was not quick to answer, and she knew there was no way
    she was going to be able to crawfish out of it now.
    The can of worms was open, and although she knew honesty was the best policy,
    she also knew it could have a negative effect on what Curtis was thinking about.

They walked together across the porch, close, and both with the desire to embrace
    each other with reassurances that nothing else mattered.
    Carol fought the urge to get lost in his arms and just breathe for a minute.
    She let passion give way to clear thought before continuing.

50294431917_f4b76797f2_k.jpg

Carol
    ”Mr. Man … It’s not that I don’t have faith in you,
    nor the idea that if you got elected you would do your best to serve the people …

But if we are going to be honest with each other,
    sincerely, from my heart … It would be difficult for me.

I pretty much hate the government …
    Or at the least the way it is now.”

Wow folks … I don’t necessarily think she minced her words with that one.
    Oh, I am pretty sure that Curtis had figured out Carol was different than most folks,
    but I am not too sure he had come to grasps with everything that could mean.

50293601533_96bf40298d_k.jpg

Struggling a bit with the revelation,
    Curtis was finding it hard to figure out where to go with it.

Curtis
    ”Well I kind of knew you were different …
    I saw what you did with co-opting and profit sharing
    at the Grocery Store.

I still got to say, you are a smart woman,
    but I never really took you as a full-blown anarchist.”

Carol
    ”That’s probably because I’m not …
    Mainly because I would never assume I have a better plan for someone else.

Do I think people are capable of self-governing …
    Yes, most certainly, and in ways we all do that every day.

Do I have any desire to overthrow the government,
    tear down the establishment, and go back to grassroot activism …
    No … Not in the least bit.”

Whoa … Are y’all getting as confused as I am?
    Good Lord I hope she has something to add to that ying and yang.
    At the same time … I’m not betting it’s going to help him much if she does.

50294281721_3f32d8e5dd_k.jpg

Carol Continued
    ”I think the part a lot of people don’t understand …
    Is that I truly don’t give a rat’s rear what they do.

I only support a concerted effort for people to pursue excellence.
    I have no interest in finding a comfortable level of saturation in mediocrity.
    And I dang sure don’t need someone in a suit, sitting behind a desk and acting like they have a plan
    to tell me how to help my friends, neighbors and community.

Sorry … And I don’t hold it against others who cannot accomplish
    what they think needs to be done using what they have, where they are.”

Curtis found himself completely off-balance for a moment.
    Carol didn’t seem to be sugar-coating anything about the way she felt.

Folks … I am not really sure I understand Carol the way I thought I did.
    She’s kind of all over the place on that.
    For the moment … I might just have to settle with the fact there may
    be a whole lot more to what she thinks … Some things that you
    can't cover in a sound bite between a mushroom omelet and getting ready for work.

Either way … Curtis felt a bit behind the ball at the moment.
    Kind of like when you look in the fridge for last night's left overs
    and happen to find that Tupperware container left over from
    last Thanksgiving at Aunt Susie's instead.

Yep … You should have cleaned that out a long time ago.

50293602218_d85e955594_k.jpg

It was getting closer to time for Carol to think about getting ready for work,
    and she didn’t particularly see any benefit in in digging the hole any deeper.
    She and Curtis walked back around the house, and she gave him a little time to think.

Curtis
    ”I really didn’t know Carol … You have me at a disadvantage.
    I’m still trying to process what it all means,
    and I am further away from making a decision than I was before we started.

You say you’ll support me, and I know you will …
    But I don’t know if I would be comfortable putting a burden on you.
    Especially one you didn’t ask for, or embrace with a bit of optimism.

That’s strange in itself, because you have to be the most optimistic person I know.”

50294432242_32e670a9ef_k.jpg

Carol
    ”It’s because I have faith baby …
    Faith in you, faith in people, faith in humanity as a whole.

I may not have faith in, or trust in all the inner working of bureaucracy.
    I am certain it doesn’t come close to serving the best interests of everyone …
    But when you strip it all away, and focus on what is in front of you,
    it becomes a whole lot clearer what you are going to have to do
    to make the world around you a place you actually want to be.

If you feel the best way you can accomplish that, is on the City Council …
    Then who am I to object and refuse you the opportunity to explore your vision?

So many people comment on how you have grown since you first came here.
    There is no reason why the two of us, and myself included,
    cannot grow some more to meet the challenges before us.

I said it before right over there across the yard, the first night we had dinner …
    And I will say it a thousand times again …
    I love you, I trust you … And that’s all that matters!

Now give me some sugar before I have to go to work Mr. Man.
    I’m sorry I didn’t have a better answer, but we are together ... Always.”

You know folks … Carol has a way of opening the door and shutting it in the same ten minutes.
    I can’t say Curtis has the slightest clue what he’s gonna do,
    but I can say that he doesn’t have to worry about whether Carol
    will stand up if and when it’s necessary

No matter what that requires!

Thanks for stopping by again,
    And I look forward to next time.

Y’all have a lovely day!
    To Be Continued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Happy Simming!