Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I just showed the icon to someone unbiased and got: a house with tower, some trees (on the right), incident light (light blue part) and sky disk (3 orbs).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I guess the pack will be a collaboration with the Star Wars franchise (and that's really a major first). Some of the costumes are already in the game. I hope for bizarre vehicles, innovative CAS additions, a livable and swimmable space world, evil rebels and extraterrestrial chest hair 😁

Very true. I might take back what I said about not liking the pack as I first judged <3 I want a Star Wars tie-in.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    Chaton wrote: »

If it is not a Star Wars pack at this point and this game pack icon leak including this tweet are false hints, then my hat's off to you SimGuruNinja, epic trolling.

But it probably is a Star Wars pack.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @SelinaKyles said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That’s his home. He’s an avid fan. He also has comic characters on display, superhero pack confirmed?

The picture alone wouldn't mean anything, but the picture + the logo... it's a lot.
    I hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    You can also see the alien abduction light tunnel in the icon.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    well. i hope the sims team is reading all these threads on here and reddit and seeing how absolutely garbage the icon is in conveying what the hell it means haha. hopefully that's ot the finalized icon.

Design 101: if you can't easily make out what an icon/symbol/sign means, you gonna need another icon/symbol/sign!!! dmh...let's hope it's a placeholder hah
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2020
    Guys. How do you want Star Wars without functional vechicles in current game? 😆
    Post edited by Sthenastia on
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Just remember to temper your expectations a lot this time around and be wary of any other upcoming leaks. This one is pretty certifiable, possibly even deliberate, but I can feel the fake leaks storming the horizon already. The last speculation cycle went very badly, everyone was very sure it was one thing and got very mad when it turned out it was wrong. I just hate to see people get attached to an idea so much that they can't be excited for what comes next.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t think they’re above giving us spaceships before cars!
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Guys. How do you want Star Wars without functional vechicles in current gamy? 😆

• Options
    peragogo wrote: »
    Just remember to temper your expectations a lot this time around and be wary of any other upcoming leaks. This one is pretty certifiable, possibly even deliberate, but I can feel the fake leaks storming the horizon already. The last speculation cycle went very badly, everyone was very sure it was one thing and got very mad when it turned out it was wrong. I just hate to see people get attached to an idea so much that they can't be excited for what comes next.

But it's ON their official website I don't think it's fake.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Please not another super natural pack ....
  • Options
    edited August 2020

But it's ON their official website I don't think it's fake.

I said "pretty certifiable" because while it was posted on an official site in an official context, it could still be just a red herring to get the gears of hype turning. Because it IS so different from the other icons, it's possible that it's a deliberate fake. And because of this leak, someone could make a fake leak that confirms a speculation, but it's completely wrong. Then people get attached to the idea and it blows up again.

It's way too soon to get overly attached to any speculation that floats around.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    There were going to be bitter feelings around Eco Lifestyle regardless. It was and still is a very divisive idea.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

yes, it would be the third supernatural themed pack in a row: strangerville, realm of magic and this.

Why can't we get better gamepacks?

I am so not buying this.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Guys. How do you want Star Wars without functional vechicles in current gamy? 😆

It's really starting to become ridiculous at this point.

Fans: Cars?
    EA: Boats?
    Fans: Cars?
    EA: Bikes?
    Fans: Cars....?
    EA: Spaceships?
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    There were going to be bitter feelings around Eco Lifestyle regardless. It was and still is a very divisive idea.

If it were not for farming getting hyped up too much, I think it would've been better received. I saw a lot of people on this forum get really angry it wasn't farming, then warmed up to the idea after more info came out about it. I'm not saying that's all that did it but there was a real impact there.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Looks like an elopement pack to me. Blue sky with 3 white dots looks like the ceiling on the tunnel of love at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Vegas.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @Alve wrote: »
    Design 101: if you can't easily make out what an icon/symbol/sign means, you gonna need another icon/symbol/sign!!! dmh...let's hope it's a placeholder hah

Design 101, let's see...

I Spy With My Little Eye:
    • The Black Spire Outpost, Batuu.
    • Docking Bay 9.
    • Ubaat I
    • Ubaat II
    • Ubaat III
    Star Wars.

• Options
    The ideas some people are pulling out is amusing..
    In my opinion it's clearly star wars/space themed...LOL really don't know HOW you guys are coming up with some of this stuff.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Design 101, let's see...

• Docking Bay 9.
    • Ubaat I
    • Ubaat II
    • Ubaat III
    Star Wars.

for people who aren't star wars fans its an obscure mess haha.
  • Options

Design 101, let's see...

• Docking Bay 9.
    • Ubaat I
    • Ubaat II
    • Ubaat III
    Star Wars.

Yep I see it as SW I don't think it could be anything else.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

yes, it would be the third supernatural themed pack in a row: strangerville, realm of magic and this.

I am so not buying this.

Guys. There are more realistic packs than supernatural ones. And some of us need that content too. :/ I understand the fact that you may not like it, but they can't please every single person. :/
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I‘m interested what kind of gameplay a Star Wars pack would bring with it.
    Drivable spaceships? Jetpacks?

What do you think?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I am so not buying this.

Sci-Fi is not supernatural. But I love both and after the mega-dry realism of Tiny, EL and Knitting we magic players definitely deserve somerhing great.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh my God. Wait no. No no no no no NO.

No Star Wars, PLEASE! I have enough of that crap in my game that I can't delete!