Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That Star Wars Bad Lip Reading was so funny. I don't think I'm ever going to look at my Star Wars BluRays the same way. :D

@SERVERFRA Glad you enjoyed them! They have a whole playlist if you’re interested. I still can’t get over the fact they got Mark Hamill to voice Han Solo in one of the videos :lol:

I just had a thought: what if we get flying cars in this GP. Would make sense because flying cars don’t require any road connections!! Problem solved! :lol:

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the pictures here they are
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png
    DoqTGiR.png
    6k2ptn2qb8531.jpg?auto=webp&s=b602d3a163de9117315aa6fa230193b75490c4b2SkmBiJe.jpg
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the pictures here they are
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png
    DoqTGiR.png
    6k2ptn2qb8531.jpg?auto=webp&s=b602d3a163de9117315aa6fa230193b75490c4b2SkmBiJe.jpg

Conclusion: I still think everything but the star wars rendering is a bit of a stretch.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I never bought Katy Perry Sweet Treats, only DLC for Sims 3 I don't own.
    IF this be Star Wars, it will be the Katy Perry of the Sims 4.

This is my fear. I'm not a Star Wars fan and this pack (if it is Star Wars) is going to be very specific/non-versatile if it's strictly Star Wars based. It would be better off if they did it in a stuff pack IMO like Moschino.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I really, really hope it is not space themed.

I too get a winter vibe, I think it’s the giant, floating snowball type things.

Either way, I guess we’ll fine out soon enough.

—T
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

You know it could be snowballs. But isn’t it a little like snowballs of doom, they are almost the same size as the whole house.

I wish they would tell us soon :smile:
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

—T

You know it could be snowballs. But isn’t it a little like snowballs of doom, they are almost the same size as the whole house.

I wish they would tell us soon :smile:

Lol i thought of that as well but some people were hoping for it to be winter themed so i didn't want to crush their hopes like those snowballs are about to do to that house. Yes, i hope they would tell us soon, it could be space themed or something and not star wars, although i doubt that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2020

—T

Again, I ask, and I'm not asking to "prove" those who want a winter pack to be wrong

If it is a winter pack, why, do you think, they went with such a non-standard icon, rather than a snowflake or a pair of skis or even a mug of something steaming? If you think it's just a placeholder of the neighborhood (a valid option) why would this one still be notably different from the others? Without the three snowballs of doom, I can see it as a winter neighborhood icon. But they're there. Why would they be there?

I honestly want to know why, if this is a winter pack, this icon is so different from normal? I can find answers if it's a space pack (especially Star Wars/Galaxy's edge) or an Underwater Pack. I can't figure out an answer if it's a winter pack.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    So I was in camp winter when I first saw the leak.

Because of all the winter-pack related hints that have been dropping since Tiny Living.

I didn't do the improvised icon very well [edited], the giant balls gave a supergiant/planets vibe with the house an observatory.

sims-4-game-pack-icon-leak-winter-theory-hints.jpg
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    People please teach me how the heck you see winter-themed in this xD I must know.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    At this stage I would very, very much love a pack themed ‘The Snowballs of Doom’.
    It could possibly be my favorite pack. It will also make me think fondly of all those simmers who think those 3 circular shapes represent snowballs. It’s kind of endearing really.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Planet Snowball! :lol:
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I'm not sure. This pack is supposed to be a major first and we already have aliens and sixam, so would that be a major first still? Space exploration does sound like a lot of fun I'm just not sure it fits the clues
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2020
    People please teach me how the heck you see winter-themed in this xD I must know.

dunno i asked my dad who knows nothing of sims except that its expensive and i play too much of it and he said it looks like winter landscape

personally though i kinda saw like asia theme pack cause the "mountain shape" reminded me of some landscapes i see in asian drama and "roof" shapes but it wouldnt make sense at all to have icon like this and it was probably cause the "cleaned version" the mountain is rounder so then i thought underwater or werewolf cause the circles could be mooncycle whatever and then i was like oh i guess space cause everyone seeing that and it could be ufo beam not sun ray and yeah idk anymore just announce it already
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Would people be okay with the gurus expanding Aliens or if it's an underwater game pack, mermaids? Or would that be too much of a DLC for a DLC?

I think they did this for Vampires in sims 3. And the only thing I was annoyed about was that they sparkled in the sun :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Would people be okay with the gurus expanding Aliens or if it's an underwater game pack, mermaids? Or would that be too much of a DLC for a DLC?

I think they did this for Vampires in sims 3. And the only thing I was annoyed about was that they sparkled in the sun :D

id rather they update aliens and added different type of alienbeings that are not sims but we could interact with and maybe have as pets

but like nothing that requires other pack to play it
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

I mean I already payed for both of these and to wait so long just to get another pack with the same occults I would be dissapointed. I'd rather have new ones
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »

id rather they update aliens and added different type of alienbeings that are not sims but we could interact with and maybe have as pets

but like nothing that requires other pack to play it

Having alien pets would be really fun!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Nah, new Occult entirely.
    If it is an Underwater pack I’d like to play as a ‘Humanoid from the Deep’. Of course Merfolk need to be able to swim underwater too, because ‘Humanoid’ would want to chase them. But if Merfolk weren’t available, it’ll find something or someone else to torment. Judith Ward for example. She’d be the first to meet ‘The Deep.’ >:)
  • Options
    gingered84gingered84 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't have much speculation to offer for what it will be except that I hope all of the guesses we have for this pack are wrong. What I personally believe the sims needs is new content that can be used in all of our sims' lives and playthroughs, not a gimmic that one of our sims families will do every couple years because "well I guess I haven't made a sim do ____ in a while." But it seems like it's going to be more of the 2nd. Don't get me wrong; I know game packs are meant to be a specific game experience. But I feel they need to do it deliberately and still add content that can enrich all of our sims' games even if they want to add a unique component. For example, I feel the better ones like spa day/ dine out added items and skills and lots that any ol' sim could go take part in and that made it a valuable worth-while pack. Whereas jungle adventure, no matter how many times you've played through the jungle, the only thing you really get that you use regularly are some decent but hard to color-match counters. Or Realm of Magic.... I don't use anything from items to clothes to gameplay from that pack unless I'm using it (though if I could get RoM potions in a practical manner for my non-magical sims, maybe that would change!).

Okay, I lied: I kind of think the icon looks like one of those recycled/prefab/3d printed homes with an observatory somewhere out in the canyons/ national forest... I doubt they would do that, because it's too similar to what they've been doing recently and too similar to outdoor adventure... but that's what I see! A park ranger type deal, perhaps.
  • Options
    yesterday was watching jurassic park and imagine if instead of star wars we got like jurassic park type of themepark tho

going on vacation? - cool
    dinosaurs? extra cool
    breeding and taking care of baby dinosaur? super cool
    dying? oh so much fun

they could also add torchie and all

but sigh if this is gonna be glorified lightsabers : |
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

—T

Again, I ask, and I'm not asking to "prove" those who want a winter pack to be wrong

If it is a winter pack, why, do you think, they went with such a non-standard icon, rather than a snowflake or a pair of skis or even a mug of something steaming? If you think it's just a placeholder of the neighborhood (a valid option) why would this one still be notably different from the others? Without the three snowballs of doom, I can see it as a winter neighborhood icon. But they're there. Why would they be there?

I honestly want to know why, if this is a winter pack, this icon is so different from normal? I can find answers if it's a space pack (especially Star Wars/Galaxy's edge) or an Underwater Pack. I can't figure out an answer if it's a winter pack.

Why the plum are you asking me? I don’t work for EA, ask them. I’m telling you what it looks like to *me*

—T

If it's a placeholder, which I strongly suspect, that is the neighborhood icon, I can see those three circles being three moons, three suns, three planets, or three air bubbles.

@DaWaterRat Oh yeah I can totally see that being the map icon, which is definitely not the case with any other game pack icons so far. That would also explain why the icon looks so off compared to the rest in terms of colours and design.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Someone, please theorize an explanation for the Snowballs of Doom.

Unless it IS “The Snowballs of Doom”! Then no explanation is needed and I’ll be as Happy as Larry!
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Hello! I'm a first time poster, but all this speculation about upcoming content has got me excited enough to start joining in.

I personally believe the next gamepack will be a space pack - I'm hoping it's not Star Wars, because I'm not a fan and it seems a little niche - but I am convinced it's space now. There were all those hints in the future cube a while back about 'the future', and I thought it might just relate to future/upcoming content in general, but if you look back at the roadmap image we got in April, the only image that hasn't really been explained is that owl in the top left corner, which is very much space-coloured. And looking at the image, I'm now assuming the guy on the left relates to the new pack as well - and since he's in the explorer/archaeologist gear from Selvadorada, I'm wondering if it'll actually be a destination pack, based on the idea of 'exploring space' rather than living there. Or maybe there'll be two worlds - a home base you can build up and colonise (using the energy efficient/grow-your-own food and fuel mechanics from Eco Living), and one you can visit to get new materials or have adventures. That might make it a major first - or, completely pie-in-the-sky, I was wondering if they might put in zero gravity, now they have swimming working.

The spider on the roadmap guy's shoulder also makes me think there'll be critters to deal with in the form of aliens - maybe alien pets? And I was thinking about that old future cube hint no-one could work out, about the freezer bunny riding a llama against an 'udderly impressive foe'. I was playing yesterday and had one of my Sims explore space, and they got that event where a giant freezer bunny is gumming up satellites with frosting. So clearly in canon the freezer bunny is to do with space - and the 'udderly impressive foe' might be the cowplant, who might be recast as an alien ala Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. Which might explain why we got to name them recently, if they/other aliens can now be pets.

For what it's worth, I do think a winter pack is coming, maybe right afterwards in November/December. Mostly because of the item in Eco Living that I haven't seen anyone talking about yet, the 'Better than the Floor hamper'. Its item description talks about a 'mountain of socks', wondering when the next clothes 'avalanche' will be, and 'yodelling' up the pile of clothes. Which seem like pretty strong hints to me. But I have a feeling it'll be a residential world (which would make sense for an November/December expansion pack), just because all the mechanics introduced in Tiny Living lend themselves to building a log cabin so well. This might be where they bring in the resorts/hotels system though, so it can be a residential and destination world. I really hope they do bring in stuff like that soon, I'm dying to let my Sims go to Sulani for a weekend or week, rather than a day trip or having to move there.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. I know the community has been a bit up and down about pack content lately, and I've had my own issues with it and getting bored with things, but I am still having fun in the Sims 4 regularly, and I'm genuinely excited and intrigued by the stuff that might come soon. I've been sure cars were coming ever since seeing the multi-storey car parks in Discover University, and the leaks that said it would be a free update means it could come at literally any time. And would work really well with the eco/industrial themes they've had going on lately. Horses are clearly on the cards too, and I've wondered if they'll bring out cars and horses together in one 'transportation' pack. I'd like them to have their own pack really, but even Cats and Dogs had more than one animal - and if they don't they could work just as well in a farming/ranching pack that I also hope is coming at some point. And then I really do think we'll be getting a romance pack soon - I've had a feeling we would ever since seeing things like Love Day be put on the calendar in Seasons even when Easter and Halloween weren't, and new wedding arches in packs like Island Living. If those future cubes hints about eloping and 'your romantic future' are new, then it might be coming soon - a February gamepack early next year would be very appropriate. And I know the stuff about a Paris/French setting was debunked as trolling by a modder, but I have a feeling those rumours started initially because of a romance/France update that was coming to the Sims Freeplay, and how people thought they might want to release similar content for both games. So I still live in hope! A romantic getaway to Paris would be pretty cool, especially if they've already brought in hotels by that point.

I'm genuinely really excited for what might be coming soon to the game, or even in the future. I just wish we could get it sooner, or at least hear more definitely about it sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a first time poster, but all this speculation about upcoming content has got me excited enough to start joining in.
    Heya @Reedfish , welcome to the forum and to the speculation thread! ;)
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I was wondering if they might put in zero gravity, now they have swimming working.
    I gotta say, that would be a Major first if it’s without jetpacks. I’d love to go Moonwalking and Spaceswimming with my sim!