Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    mspr1nt wrote: »
    Just going to float this as an alternative theory. All evidence seems to point to Star Wars, sure...but a different perspective is always fun, right?

1. The French chef pig... the French flag has three colours. Elope + romance = Paris?

2. The three dots, somebody noted how there is some Asian architecture feel to it. A few years ago, there was a story about how China wants three artificial moons as a way to save on light sources.

Way out there, I know. But like I sai, perspective is fun :-)

I mean, Star Wars Land is in Disneyland Paris too :pensive:

But I think it won't won't be theme park related, just Star Wars. Really, no clue, just my guess
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Hi! Maybe if we look at the next tweet? Like he posted to pictures the same day and maybe the idea was “the cradle pic—> the mistery hint”

Think about it:
    - Space/Stars background
    - Two t-shirts in the background (he specifically said he has the right one, the dark one) and the other belongs to her daughter
    - Darth Vader is a close translation to Dark Father in german, and darth vader also uses the dark side of the force
    - Darth Vader’s child follows the lighter path

Now this is a stretch
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The name of the secret lab in Strangerville is redacted. Maybe this is Strangerville part 2.0, where we return Mother to her planet.
    If Grant's stupid pet project gets two packs and Torch gets none, I'm going to riot. Besides, I'm done with the Motherplant story. If they wanted to develop its origins, they should have done it in the first pack. Lord knows it's not like the pack was too full on narrative.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    The name of the secret lab in Strangerville is redacted. Maybe this is Strangerville part 2.0, where we return Mother to her planet.

It’s called “redacted “ to add to the shadiness and secretness when doing the story.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dang it you guys....

This thread has me all pumped up for a sci-fi, futuristic, star wars themed, alien world!

I'm picturing a Batuu-like world full of sim-eating alien cowplants, glowing crystal caves to explore, futuristic round homes, glass domed greenhouses, a restaurant owned by an alien pig chef family (gamorrean-ish)....

.... while my purplehaired sci-fi nerd alien sim zips around on her hoverboard on her way to spacecamp to earn school credits towards her future Simstronaut career.

:o
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Completely unlikely but would be great. Lunar Lakes returns.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Slightly related, but with the earlier talk of underwater and moon bases, I do wonder if people would be receptive to a hostile environment themed pack where your sim runs and maintains a research/colony base such as in Antarctica, underwater or on a moon etc and they have to make sure that systems are maintained, there is enough food/oxygen etc, while having to change into a snow/diving/space suit to conduct research in the field, which could include exploring crashed UFOs, shipwrecks, lost cities, alien ruins etc like the Omiscan Temple..

Sort of like a combination of Get to Work and Jungle Adventure.

Stop teasing me something like this is my dream pack 😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Still keeping all my fingers crossed that my sims will be able to live in outer space!

Or underwater <3

Trying to keep from getting too invested but this would be oh so perfect for me. I played SWTOR during BETA and lived in that MMO until they stopped updating the personal stories that included the followers.

Yea remember simgurugeorge posted that fish? I keep thinking what If this includes something about underwater? I would love that too. 😍
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Someone said that simguru Duke said it was not a theme pack. I looked on Twitter and did not find confirmation.

Here you go:

That was before the June EP so a Themepark can't be ruled out for this Gamepack.

@catloverplayer, SGDuke said that ‘Themepark’ -which referred to the Gamepack mentioned in the very first tweet- is not a pack idea they’re working on. What is more interesting is what he said in the tweet before that:

’We need a new plan SGNinja, she already guessed themepark’.

What we could take from that comment is this:

She didn’t guess the pack is a themepark pack, but whatever she guessed has to do with a themepark.
    SW’ Galaxy’s Edge is an attraction specifically designed for a themepark.

Also note that SGNinja didn’t respond to any of the tweets. Probably getting nervous. :#

This is what I was thinking of also! That tweet was referring to the ecoliving pack not anything after that!
    Honestly if this turns out to just be a star wars theme park I would be satisfied also. I always wanted a theme park. 😊 seems promising either way.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    If Grant's stupid pet project gets two packs and Torch gets none, I'm going to riot. Besides, I'm done with the Motherplant story. If they wanted to develop its origins, they should have done it in the first pack. Lord knows they should have done that, it's not like the pack was too full on narrative.

yes I don't want anymore Strangerville nonsense, HATED that pack with a passion.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Slightly related, but with the earlier talk of underwater and moon bases, I do wonder if people would be receptive to a hostile environment themed pack where your sim runs and maintains a research/colony base such as in Antarctica, underwater or on a moon etc and they have to make sure that systems are maintained, there is enough food/oxygen etc, while having to change into a snow/diving/space suit to conduct research in the field, which could include exploring crashed UFOs, shipwrecks, lost cities, alien ruins etc like the Omiscan Temple..

Sort of like a combination of Get to Work and Jungle Adventure.

Ok... I am fully invested in this. Oh this would be right up my alley. Don’t know if I have already replied to this or not, forum-surfing on the phone in between RL-stuff is a bit messy but I would live to have this.

I never played the original Castaway but it sounded like fun. A space-challenge or a underwater one would be so so much fun!!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Still keeping all my fingers crossed that my sims will be able to live in outer space!

Or underwater <3

Trying to keep from getting too invested but this would be oh so perfect for me. I played SWTOR during BETA and lived in that MMO until they stopped updating the personal stories that included the followers.

Yea remember simgurugeorge posted that fish? I keep thinking what If this includes something about underwater? I would love that too. 😍

That angler fish has been swimming around in my head too. It could be a monster fish that your sim has to befriend under water, and at a high enough relationship level it will let you ride its back so you're able to enter the hidden cave since it has that special light on its head.

An Underwater world would be magnificent. With Underwater lots...the builds would be spectacular!
    That would be a major first, building residential and community lots under water...we will probably get a pre-built (sushi)bar with that too. :#
  • Options
    ThornwoodThornwood Posts: 11 New Member
    Honestly, I'd love Underwater over Star Wars. I mean, I'd still love Star Wars or Space. But something about ancient underwater cities like Atlantis from the Little Mermaid, or Aquaman. Heck you could even through in some inspiration from the movie with Kidagakash, or perhaps make it kind of sci-fy like with personal builds by adding high tech alien looking stuff too it, to make it like Stargate Atlantis.

Not to mention, we DIDN'T get Dive lots, and it seems like there are so few places to swim in the sims 4, like my mermaids would die for an underwater home.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020

Or underwater <3

That angler fish has been swimming around in my head too. It could be a monster fish that your sim has to befriend under water, and at a high enough relationship level it will let you ride its back so you're able to enter the hidden cave since it has that special light on its head.

An Underwater world would be magnificent. With Underwater lots...the builds would be spectacular!
    That would be a major first, building residential and community lots under water...we will probably get a pre-built (sushi)bar with that too. :#

I'm starting to think the hints are about certain characters or elements of the new pack that we can't really guess because we haven't seen them yet. Like you said; maybe there will be some sort of sea-creature. Or space pigs. Maybe there are ancient scrolls that you have to consult in order to achieve something in a new career, aspiration or occult ranking. Or maybe the hints are more direct (pigs in space, scrolling text, etc...). The uncertainty is killing me!
  • Options

Or underwater <3

I'm starting to think the hints are about certain characters or elements of the new pack that we can't really guess because we haven't seen them yet. Like you said; maybe there will be some sort of sea-creature. Or space pigs. Maybe there are ancient scrolls that you have to consult in order to achieve something in a new career, aspiration or occult ranking. Or maybe the hints are more direct (pigs in space, scrolling text, etc...). The uncertainty is killing me!

Oh a pun for strolling texts <3.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I really hope that it's a space-themed pack with an alien world to live on...maybe even spaceships that we could customize, build, and have our sims live on too. Forget houseboats, spaceships are my mobile home of choice!

But...why is no-one talking about that new free content icon at the bottom by Grim's Guitar and the Holiday pack? I mean, what's that about? It looks kind of like a family portrait...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    I really hope that it's a space-themed pack with an alien world to live on...maybe even spaceships that we could customize, build, and have our sims live on too. Forget houseboats, spaceships are my mobile home of choice!

But...why is no-one talking about that new free content icon at the bottom by Grim's Guitar and the Holiday pack? I mean, what's that about? It looks kind of like a family portrait...

LOL I've told so many people this but it's from TSM <3
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm surprised there was no teaser today....
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I'm not. They do teasers on Mondays.
  • Options

They tease on Monday’s if there’s going to be something the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    Maybe an Open World Pack?
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2020

I am too. I get that they usually do teasers on Mondays, but I thought maybe the schedule had shifted because of Spark’d. I know they have a set schedule when it comes to making reveals, and the leak may well have been truly accidental, but I’m kind of surprised they don’t want to quell speculation a bit - especially if it happens to be incorrect.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I'm not. They do teasers on Mondays.

Well I guess we'll be speculating for another week :/
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »

I am too. I get that they usually do teasers on Mondays, but I thought maybe the schedule had shifted because of Spark’d. I know they have a set schedule when it comes to making reveals, and the leak may well have been truly accidental, but I’m kind of surprised they don’t want to quell speculation a bit - especially if it happens to be incorrect.

They don’t quell speculation even if it were true. When discover university was leaked, they didn’t confirm or deny it. They waited about a 1month or 2 to announce it. They still follow their schedules.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

They don’t quell speculation even if it were true. When discover university was leaked, they didn’t confirm or deny it. They waited about a 1month or 2 to announce it. They still follow their schedules.

I know, that’s part of my point. The fact that they’re not saying anything is what’s making me think the Star Wars theory is true. There’s been multiple instances in which they weren’t afraid to say that something is not coming. However, as you said, they tend to keep quiet if it’s true. I’m sure the SimGurus are aware that people are thinking it’s a Star Wars pack, since even the gamechangers are talking about it.