August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

LGR Nifty Knitting Review

Comments

  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 768 Member
    edited August 1
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Didn't we vote on the content and already knew what was going to be in the pack?

    Kinda but not really. I'm pretty sure we voted for Arts and Crafts. But then that was whittled down so much we were left with just knitting.

    We voted specificially for knitting though.... We voted Arts and Crafts as the main title and then when it had the list of 5 ideas for each category and it said "If this pack wins which subtheme should the pack be based on" we voted knitting. Arts and Crafts one, and the knitting category within it won.

    People voted for the Arts and Crafts thinking it'd be a broader theme. Then when we were told how narrowed down it'd be, we had to "pick our poison". Basically, none of the options we were given at the end were what we were told to expect in the beginning. We voted for the option that would "suck" the least
    That’s not how it happened. Rewind to my last post in this thread, looks like you didn’t read it back then or now.

    Dec 2019 - "In today’s Maxis Monthly live stream, The Sims team gave a first look at the upcoming “Arts and Crafts” design styles players will be voting on starting December 23rd. During the upcoming community vote players can choose from “Granny Sleek”, “Cozy Craft Workshop” and “Do-it-Yourself (DYI) Delight”. Check out a first look at these styles below!"

    Yes, we absolutely KNEW it was going to be a stuff pack. But they kept breaking it down even further than what we had really wanted. We wanted arts and crafts! But they wanted to break it down so much that it's just blah

    This isn't at all true though. If people thought it woud be a broader theme they didn't read the voting instructions because it was VERY clear from page one of the first vote that we'd only get ONE thing from that broader theme. There's a reason we had to rank and vote for what we liked best between things like sewing/knitting/glass making/pottery in the VERY FIRST Poll. If we were getting all of them, that would have been pointless... I mean, that and the fact that it said right on the front page (and several other pages throughout) that we weren't getting all of them.

    What you are quoting is from when we picked the style, we already knew at that point that knitting had one. Those were the styles for the knitting pack but they just wrote "Arts and Crafts" because it fell under the Arts and Crafts category. What you are quoting was from December, "Knitting" was announced to be the winner back in November before that was even posted so no one shoulld have thought we were getting anything but knitting by that time.

    Fair point! I don't think myself or others saw anything other than "VOTE" any time we happened to log on. So when we cast our initial vote, we were excited to finally pick our own theme. I mean, who doesn't like arts and crafts? Then we were told it was going to get narrowed down even more and were very disappointed.
    I guess this means that they pretty much had every planned out since the get-go. We only got to pick from the options they already had in mind. Probably from things they couldn't fit in other game/expansion packs

    *edit* On Twitter they didn't give us any info other than we were able to chose the new stuff pack theme - they just gave a link to where we could vote. It wasn't until later they tweeted that we had other things to vote for!
    Maybe this is where the disconnect came from from the fans who were voting?
    Some people were voting directly from social media and some people were on here, where they posted the fine print/details
    Like Kpop?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚
    O(≧▽≦)O

    (Started working with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 655 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Didn't we vote on the content and already knew what was going to be in the pack?

    Kinda but not really. I'm pretty sure we voted for Arts and Crafts. But then that was whittled down so much we were left with just knitting.

    We voted specificially for knitting though.... We voted Arts and Crafts as the main title and then when it had the list of 5 ideas for each category and it said "If this pack wins which subtheme should the pack be based on" we voted knitting. Arts and Crafts one, and the knitting category within it won.

    People voted for the Arts and Crafts thinking it'd be a broader theme. Then when we were told how narrowed down it'd be, we had to "pick our poison". Basically, none of the options we were given at the end were what we were told to expect in the beginning. We voted for the option that would "suck" the least
    That’s not how it happened. Rewind to my last post in this thread, looks like you didn’t read it back then or now.

    Dec 2019 - "In today’s Maxis Monthly live stream, The Sims team gave a first look at the upcoming “Arts and Crafts” design styles players will be voting on starting December 23rd. During the upcoming community vote players can choose from “Granny Sleek”, “Cozy Craft Workshop” and “Do-it-Yourself (DYI) Delight”. Check out a first look at these styles below!"

    Yes, we absolutely KNEW it was going to be a stuff pack. But they kept breaking it down even further than what we had really wanted. We wanted arts and crafts! But they wanted to break it down so much that it's just blah

    This isn't at all true though. If people thought it woud be a broader theme they didn't read the voting instructions because it was VERY clear from page one of the first vote that we'd only get ONE thing from that broader theme. There's a reason we had to rank and vote for what we liked best between things like sewing/knitting/glass making/pottery in the VERY FIRST Poll. If we were getting all of them, that would have been pointless... I mean, that and the fact that it said right on the front page (and several other pages throughout) that we weren't getting all of them.

    What you are quoting is from when we picked the style, we already knew at that point that knitting had one. Those were the styles for the knitting pack but they just wrote "Arts and Crafts" because it fell under the Arts and Crafts category. What you are quoting was from December, "Knitting" was announced to be the winner back in November before that was even posted so no one shoulld have thought we were getting anything but knitting by that time.

    Fair point! I don't think myself or others saw anything other than "VOTE" any time we happened to log on. So when we cast our initial vote, we were excited to finally pick our own theme. I mean, who doesn't like arts and crafts? Then we were told it was going to get narrowed down even more and were very disappointed.
    I guess this means that they pretty much had every planned out since the get-go. We only got to pick from the options they already had in mind. Probably from things they couldn't fit in other game/expansion packs

    *edit* On Twitter they didn't give us any info other than we were able to chose the new stuff pack theme - they just gave a link to where we could vote. It wasn't until later they tweeted that we had other things to vote for!
    Maybe this is where the disconnect came from from the fans who were voting?
    Some people were voting directly from social media and some people were on here, where they posted the fine print/details

    CBit7fd.jpg

    This screenshot I posted is from the first page of the survey. Whether you got to it from the game, the forums or Twitter, we all saw the same thing when we voted.
  • NausNaus Posts: 260 Member
    I'm not surprised to see some people defend even the worst packs. They literally put ZERO effort into this pack. Only 2 or 3 animations and the wool they use doesn't even change colors. There's no excuse for the little effort they put (other than what we already know: budget constraints, not enough manpower, tight release schedules, etc).

    And some people say this SP is one of the best? I guess that the bar for SPs have been set SO 🌺🌺🌺🌺 low, it's kinda true. I know some people bring up that SPs now have gameplay when I said that I prefer SPs in 2 and 3, but the truth is that you aren't getting any new gameplay. You're just getting less in EPs. Most of the gameplay and hero objects included in packs was part of a larger EP in previous games.

    Take for example buttlers. They were in The Sims 1 Superstar, The Sims 2 Apartment Life, and The Sims 3 Late Night. Or bowling, which was featured in TS2 Nightlife and TS3 University Life, or the Slip N Slide that was included in TS3 Generations, or ice cream machines, that were included in TS3 Seasons, etc.

    Some of those objects have been improved a TINY BIT. But can you honestly say that having more ice cream flavors with more effects JUSTIFIES not having ice cream machines in The Sims 4 Seasons and having to pay extra for them (and a bunch of items you may not care for)?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,224 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Yes, they know about big requests and they didn't put them up for a vote because they knew they were going to bring them into the game soon. We rarely get to vote on anything anyway, and that's because they don't have enough staff to find out what every simmer wants to see in the game.

    @crocobaura 6 years is not really "soon" to me though. 6 years for firefighters... And some massively requested features are still not in the game after soooo long.
    I am not talking about making everything people want but there are highly requested stuff. It's a fact, yet they still ignore those requests. They don't even comment on them

    They can read the forums and see what people want to be added to the game. Some may be added, some not. This time they actually decide to let people vote and you're not happy with the outcome, it just proves my point that they can never make everyone happy. As for the firefighters, they're useless. They cannot enter the property if the door is locked and if your sim lives alone, he's as good as dead even if you have the fire alarm.

    @crocobaura I don't think you understood my point though. One of the top comments in LGR's review video explains it better, maybe read that if I am not making myself clear enough.

    Well, then no need to dwell on this any further.

    I managed to unlock the door, after realising that that was keeping firefighters out. The action didn't seem to be stuck as it was in other iterations, waiting for it to be played out with no control. Nobody died this time and that's an improvement for me.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 1,172 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Yes, they know about big requests and they didn't put them up for a vote because they knew they were going to bring them into the game soon. We rarely get to vote on anything anyway, and that's because they don't have enough staff to find out what every simmer wants to see in the game.

    @crocobaura 6 years is not really "soon" to me though. 6 years for firefighters... And some massively requested features are still not in the game after soooo long.
    I am not talking about making everything people want but there are highly requested stuff. It's a fact, yet they still ignore those requests. They don't even comment on them

    They can read the forums and see what people want to be added to the game. Some may be added, some not. This time they actually decide to let people vote and you're not happy with the outcome, it just proves my point that they can never make everyone happy. As for the firefighters, they're useless. They cannot enter the property if the door is locked and if your sim lives alone, he's as good as dead even if you have the fire alarm.

    @crocobaura I don't think you understood my point though. One of the top comments in LGR's review video explains it better, maybe read that if I am not making myself clear enough.

    Well, then no need to dwell on this any further.

    I managed to unlock the door, after realising that that was keeping firefighters out. The action didn't seem to be stuck as it was in other iterations, waiting for it to be played out with no control. Nobody died this time and that's an improvement for me.

    That's good to know as I play a lot of single sims. I still think it would be a good idea for them to be able to enter in case of emergency. You might need to buy a new door, though.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 1
    This community is way too big and divided to please every single person with each content and price tag.
    Some say it’s worth it. Some say it’s not. There’s no right or wrong. Should NK have been part of a GP or EP? Some folks believe so, others do not. Do I have complaints about TS4 in general? Well...Don’t get me started. But that’s not the point.

    The voting set-up and process for NK was made very clear from the start. Indeed, we also had Laundry Day to learn from. That should have educated us. If that did not educate you, I hope you learned from this one, in case the same voting process will be repeated in the future.
    If you are not happy with the format of community polls, perhaps it’s not the kind of thing you should participate in. It’s bound to disappoint you.

    Apparently the majority voted for knitting. Knitting won, probably because elders lack gameplay. Do not forget that elder gameplay has been in huge demand alongside liberated babies and kids/teen gameplay. I hope that the people who requested this and voted for NK are delighted with the pack.

    Also, I don’t base my decisions on Sim reviews. Because they only take 10 minutes or less to watch. It’s not enough for me to really understand what’s in the pack, without being distracted by someone else’s tone or judgment. I would not be able to hear myself think.

    Luckily I have the patience to watch Maxis’ deep dive live-streams. For Stuff Packs they are usually over an hour long. If you get bored watching these live streams, you probably should not buy the pack. At least they give me a much clearer idea about its contents, the gameplay mechanics etc. The gurus will usually clear up any misunderstandings right after on twitter. You don’t need a twitter account for that. You simply read their tweets: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/lists/994711305746501632

    If I like what I see and I think the price is right for the way it can enhance my personal gameplay, I may get it. If not, I won’t.
    If I did decide to get it, I can’t complain about the stuff that has been covered and explained about during the live stream or in a tweet, because I should have done my research better.

    However, letting your decision entirely depend on the judgement of your favourite game reviewer is just as valid. Although you may or may not miss out on something.
    NXRVII.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,006 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

    Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.

    I'm always seeing this, why is it the moment someone doesn't sing sims 4 praises all the time, they are immediately labeled as " condescending, "too negative" "Debbie downer" or "toxic"?
    Bakugou-Uraraka-4.jpg[img][/img]
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

    Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.

    I'm always seeing this, why is it the moment someone doesn't sing sims 4 praises all the time, they are immediately labeled as " condescending, "too negative" "Debbie downer" or "toxic"?

    I know right??? I noticed this A LOT in the past year...Like...TS4 is NOT always sunshines and rainbows and we need to stop pretending it is.

  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,755 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

    Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.

    I'm always seeing this, why is it the moment someone doesn't sing sims 4 praises all the time, they are immediately labeled as " condescending, "too negative" "Debbie downer" or "toxic"?

    I don't think they are. I'm a Sims 4 fan and agree with it but others that don't enjoy the game and complain with it are fine and funny and I enjoy their videos. It's just LGR's attitude in particular.

    There's no game in the world that doesn't have faults, Sims 4 has plenty of them, but it's a fun game and for me personally it's better than versions 1,2 and 3 were. . I couldnt care less if others like it or don't like it, and there's plenty of simmers that only praise it that I don't like or agree with their videos either. My fav reviews are from Carl, though I disagree with approx 95% of his opinions, but agreeing or disagreeing doesn't matter in the slightest since everyone's opinions are different anyways.Carl just comes across as more genuine, I believe he actually thinks the things he says rather than saying what he thinks people want to hear, that and he's more entertaining and has a nicer voice for a relaxing listen to.

    But yeah, say as much as you want about not liking the sims 4, doesn't make you toxic, that's all in tone and presentation of HOW it's said.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 442 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    I'm not surprised to see some people defend even the worst packs. They literally put ZERO effort into this pack. Only 2 or 3 animations and the wool they use doesn't even change colors. There's no excuse for the little effort they put (other than what we already know: budget constraints, not enough manpower, tight release schedules, etc).

    And some people say this SP is one of the best? I guess that the bar for SPs have been set SO 🌺🌺🌺🌺 low, it's kinda true. I know some people bring up that SPs now have gameplay when I said that I prefer SPs in 2 and 3, but the truth is that you aren't getting any new gameplay. You're just getting less in EPs. Most of the gameplay and hero objects included in packs was part of a larger EP in previous games.

    Take for example buttlers. They were in The Sims 1 Superstar, The Sims 2 Apartment Life, and The Sims 3 Late Night. Or bowling, which was featured in TS2 Nightlife and TS3 University Life, or the Slip N Slide that was included in TS3 Generations, or ice cream machines, that were included in TS3 Seasons, etc.

    Some of those objects have been improved a TINY BIT. But can you honestly say that having more ice cream flavors with more effects JUSTIFIES not having ice cream machines in The Sims 4 Seasons and having to pay extra for them (and a bunch of items you may not care for)?

    Just because you don't happen to like it doesn't make it one of the worst Stuff packs. Have you played with the pack? Among my favourites are Laundry Day and Kids Room, and this one is at least as good as those in my opinion. I have been really enjoying it and I think they put a lot of care into it. For instance, they invited player input on the Community Vote forum regarding what kind of knitting gameplay to include. A bunch of players responded (myself included) and the main thing we all stressed was how much we wanted children to be included, to be able to be taught to knit ( which they are, with a nice, new animation), and to be able to use the rocking chair (another couple of cute new animations for the different ages) etc. Lo and behold, when the pack arrived, we got exactly that and more, like the Metal station and air guitar (also with new animations), as well as Plopsy which is turning out to be a very useful system for both buying and selling.

    People are always saying that they want more gameplay, and for me the nicest feature of the pack is that it includes some fun new gameplay, especially tailored for multi-generational families (which are the kind I like to create and play). In addition, the developers even added extra objects into the pack, giving us four variants of the rocking chair, two knitting baskets (in recognition that the vote was so close), extra children's boots (not chosen in the vote) and all three wall heights of the hanging plants. On the whole, there's a really good number of furniture and decor items, along with craftable objects and clothing while the Plopsy online selling system integrates well with a number of packs and the basegame, not to mention knitting being a nice new club activity. To me, the developers don't seem lazy at all, and the SP seems like pretty good value for $10 -- at least as good, if not better than anything available from the much more expensive TS3 store, which these Stuff packs are more comparable to than the SPs in previous games.

    Plus it is not as though we haven't gotten any gameplay or interesting activities in the game at all: the fact is that they have to distribute things differently to avoid repeating themselves endlessly. So we got the violin (which in Sims 2 first came with Freetime) in basegame this time, insect collecting (also originally in Freetime) in OR and linked to a new Herbalism skill, robot-making (originally from OFB) in DU, basketball hoops and the synthesizer (also first seen in Freetime) in CL, the Don't Wake the Llama game in Get Together, etc. Several other good hobbies/ activities have arrived as well, with some new and some repeated from the past, and these are being dispersed throughout different packs as well as the base game, like Flower Arranging (originally in OFB, now in Seasons), Candle-making (new to the franchise in EL), Woodworking (in the Basegame and also new in the series), Baking (one of my favourites, from GTW), etc. Vampires are the best they've been in the series, in a really superior Gamepack, which had a ton of gameplay, and as a result they were much more fleshed out than in TS2 or TS3.

    To me, the Stuff Packs are not falsely limited or piecemeal content but a certain category of how they choose to deliver content in a more narrow way. They represent a certain price range, which, yes, inherently limits the number of team members, resources, etc that they are able to devote to it, but which also makes them attractive for their price and niche appeal. Now some people (like LGR) think that they should stop doing SPs at all, and they have certainly been doing many more than in previous games, but compared to the SPs in previous games these are mostly much better. Would knitting be better if it had been included with candlemaking as another activity in EL? Sorry, I do doubt it would be as fleshed out. It's doubtful whether it would have been a 10 level skill or available to children, increasing their motor skill until maxed and then as a separate skill for them. As an instructive contrast, kids can only make one type of dipped candle in EL, and it is not a skill, nor does it even enhance one of their existing skills like creativity.

    Like I suggested above, I also see the TS4 SPs as an improved replacement for the overpriced TS3 store. I was a frequent consumer of that store, even if I tried to get a lot of its items and sets on sale, and the objects there rarely included gameplay (or, if they did, they were hugely expensive -- as expensive as this stuff pack), nor were they as well made. Some of them never integrated with the game properly or fully, or they broke and were never fixed. Here are a few examples: the buccaneer bounty telescope which was static, the Jazz age stereo being without animations, the Crate TV being unable to be repaired or upgraded, the Bayside counters not recolouring, the entire restaurant set never working properly, etc. I could go on, but I won't. The upshot of it is, given a choice between the The Sims 3 Store, and the much better integrated Stuff and Game Packs of Sims 4, I would choose the latter hands down every time.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 503 Member
    I like LGR. I watch him b4 I make a purchase decision, except Strangerville. That pack I was excited about, purchased when it came out and never rejected it.

    However, LGR was more critical than normal and I think it was more than TS4. Since I've only been playing for 1.5 years it is still new to me. So, I don't mind a couple more years, unless TS5 comes out, open world & revolutionary.

    LGR: "In my eyes, this is nothing more than another forgettable add-on to an increasingly forgettable game that has far outstayed its welcome."

    ⬆️ cracked me up. Can't wait for the game pack to come out to hear that review.
    Launched T-Logic Productions YouTube channel September 2019 with Sims #PlayWithPurpose whatchamathingees
    T-Logic Productions YouTube Channel
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 185 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    @SimmerGeorge

    There is movie hangout... there is bowling night... there is even my first pet stuff... there is spooky stuff seperated from seasons...

    Call me boring but i love movie and bowling and use it on a regular basis... just for my sims to have somewhere to go, a date...
    As i said it gives you a tool to tell a different story and for some that is just fine.

    Do i think the Sims 4 became a cashgrab. Of course but never have i ever payed full price for these packs or even the sims4 after they didnt even had toodlers in the basegame...
    But its the Sims that can be used for storytelling and i do enjoy it. Its what you make out of it and you can make it a fun time if you really get into the groove while downloading mods xD

    Sims 4 and something bigger?!... i dont have that expectation anymore. Maybe thats why i am okay with it. Because i know the sims4 focuses more on asthetics then gameplay. In some areas it feels like playing a mobile game.
    It was always clear that we wont vote for a full blown arts and crafts stuff pack with four gameplay ideas. Sims4 could never.

    I get it but personally I just refuse to support something that I think is a cash grab because I know if I support it, then I'll get more of it. So I don't buy things I am not fully satisfied with.
    If you don't have a problem with supporthing something you think is a cash grab (even buying on sale generates tons of revenue or they woudln't have so many sales) the you can go ahead.

    @SimmerGeorge
    If you really dont wanna support the sims and the cash grab it became you or the ones who are completly dissatisfied, have to ignore it. Making sure that the game becomes forgettable and giving.... a ---
    Giving Feedback doesnt help it will still give them attention. Retweeting and rating doesnt help, because every news is good news.
    I personally completly ignored the sims4 for two years. And now i let go of the hope of the sims4 becoming a better game because it has so much potential.
    But i get it, thats the hard part, because we care afterall...
    EA dooesnt... I mean we are still here even after my first pet stuff... we are still here even after the 20th Anniversary fail... What more does it take?! The Sims Community forgives too much, yeah the might be dissatisfied, but we are still here...
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 665 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

    I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

    It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

    Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

    And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.

    @telmarina this is exactly what I meant with seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

    This is a DLC about knitting. It is simply about this one skill and it had like 3 animations in it. Imagine if DJing or fishing all had there own DLC...
    Also it's not about quantity, it's the quality. The aspiration is again just a walkthrough for the pack and not an actual aspiration.
    But these are just the standards we have as a community. We do buy DLCs dedicated just to a single skill with 3 animations and we even defend them. Those are the standards of a Simmer. If you look at any other game community you will see they all laugh at our low standards and our commitment to buying a pack fully dedicated to knitting. Other gamers don't put up with this stuff, just Simmers, and I think this is LGR's point.

    Another sign of this is saying that 17 stuff packs are "normal". It doesn't matter if they are just on the store or normal packs 17 is just too many. But Simmers are they only people who will defend a game with 17 stuff packs. An outsider wouldn't and LGR wouldn't.
    But these are the times we live in. Defending EA for delivering a stuff pack with 3 animations a skill and 2466 recolours of the same item.

    That and if you want to look at it, The Simmers are really the only community out there that defends spending $700 for a single game. Look at The Sims games on Steam and you'll see a lot of people trying to get into Sims but see the price of all the packs and go "Yeah this is a fun game and all, but no game is worth $700."
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,755 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

    I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

    It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

    Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

    And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.

    @telmarina this is exactly what I meant with seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

    This is a DLC about knitting. It is simply about this one skill and it had like 3 animations in it. Imagine if DJing or fishing all had there own DLC...
    Also it's not about quantity, it's the quality. The aspiration is again just a walkthrough for the pack and not an actual aspiration.
    But these are just the standards we have as a community. We do buy DLCs dedicated just to a single skill with 3 animations and we even defend them. Those are the standards of a Simmer. If you look at any other game community you will see they all laugh at our low standards and our commitment to buying a pack fully dedicated to knitting. Other gamers don't put up with this stuff, just Simmers, and I think this is LGR's point.

    Another sign of this is saying that 17 stuff packs are "normal". It doesn't matter if they are just on the store or normal packs 17 is just too many. But Simmers are they only people who will defend a game with 17 stuff packs. An outsider wouldn't and LGR wouldn't.
    But these are the times we live in. Defending EA for delivering a stuff pack with 3 animations a skill and 2466 recolours of the same item.

    That and if you want to look at it, The Simmers are really the only community out there that defends spending $700 for a single game. Look at The Sims games on Steam and you'll see a lot of people trying to get into Sims but see the price of all the packs and go "Yeah this is a fun game and all, but no game is worth $700."

    No, it's not. If you think Sims are expensive go look up what people spend on the Flight Simulator series where people buy one single airplane for $80, let alone the game and the rest of them. WAY more. Less sales. Other games people spend $100 on one skin, etc. There's definitely games that cost more than the Sims. There's also games that cost a lot less.

    Of course, Sims can cost a lot less too if you don't buy alll the packs. Or wait for sales. But lets' go with the $700 number and it still depends on how much you are going to play it. If these same people spend $700 on 10 other games instead, is that really any different? Yes they have 10 games instead of 1, I get that, but time is a big factor here. There's only 24 hours a day and assuming most people don't spent their entire day on games, you are still spending $700 for a set amount of game play time. If you want to divide that time between 10 games, or spend more time on one game, it's all gonna work out to be the same price in the end.

    Some people might want Sims PLUS other games, and yeah thats gonna be a lot if they need all the packs at full price. Others might ONLY play Sims. Some buy gradually over many years, to jump into it at full price all in one go it's a lot. $700 spent over 6 years for someone who only plays the one game and spends a lot of time on it... I mean that's a bit over $100 a year and not that bad. It's very subjective to the individual if it's a lot, but yeah if they re saying that it's the only game where people spend that much money, they are just outright wrong whether that's a large or small amount to them.

  • logionlogion Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited August 2
    telmarina wrote: »
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

    I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

    It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

    Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

    And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.

    @telmarina this is exactly what I meant with seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

    This is a DLC about knitting. It is simply about this one skill and it had like 3 animations in it. Imagine if DJing or fishing all had there own DLC...
    Also it's not about quantity, it's the quality. The aspiration is again just a walkthrough for the pack and not an actual aspiration.
    But these are just the standards we have as a community. We do buy DLCs dedicated just to a single skill with 3 animations and we even defend them. Those are the standards of a Simmer. If you look at any other game community you will see they all laugh at our low standards and our commitment to buying a pack fully dedicated to knitting. Other gamers don't put up with this stuff, just Simmers, and I think this is LGR's point.

    Another sign of this is saying that 17 stuff packs are "normal". It doesn't matter if they are just on the store or normal packs 17 is just too many. But Simmers are they only people who will defend a game with 17 stuff packs. An outsider wouldn't and LGR wouldn't.
    But these are the times we live in. Defending EA for delivering a stuff pack with 3 animations a skill and 2466 recolours of the same item.

    That and if you want to look at it, The Simmers are really the only community out there that defends spending $700 for a single game. Look at The Sims games on Steam and you'll see a lot of people trying to get into Sims but see the price of all the packs and go "Yeah this is a fun game and all, but no game is worth $700."

    No, it's not. If you think Sims are expensive go look up what people spend on the Flight Simulator series where people buy one single airplane for $80, let alone the game and the rest of them. WAY more. Less sales. Other games people spend $100 on one skin, etc. There's definitely games that cost more than the Sims. There's also games that cost a lot less.

    Of course, Sims can cost a lot less too if you don't buy alll the packs. Or wait for sales. But lets' go with the $700 number and it still depends on how much you are going to play it. If these same people spend $700 on 10 other games instead, is that really any different? Yes they have 10 games instead of 1, I get that, but time is a big factor here. There's only 24 hours a day and assuming most people don't spent their entire day on games, you are still spending $700 for a set amount of game play time. If you want to divide that time between 10 games, or spend more time on one game, it's all gonna work out to be the same price in the end.

    Some people might want Sims PLUS other games, and yeah thats gonna be a lot if they need all the packs at full price. Others might ONLY play Sims. Some buy gradually over many years, to jump into it at full price all in one go it's a lot. $700 spent over 6 years for someone who only plays the one game and spends a lot of time on it... I mean that's a bit over $100 a year and not that bad. It's very subjective to the individual if it's a lot, but yeah if they re saying that it's the only game where people spend that much money, they are just outright wrong whether that's a large or small amount to them.


    I play a lot of other games and for me it really comes down to how much enjoyment I get from the pack. It is easy to justify a purchase of a new game, you get so much more than you get compared to a few packs for the sims4. But if I really like those packs, then I might even get the same enjoyment as a new game, it depends on how fun I end up having with them.

    But that enjoyment goes down the longer this game is out, and this game has been out for almost 6 years now and it is becoming harder for me to buy DLC for the sims4, especially when other game franchises are really stepping up. (which is why I suspect LGR's review was so critical)

    I think it is really hard for someone who does not play the sims4 a lot to buy packs for $700 and that's why a lot of people wonder why we simmers put up with it, even if they are spending the same amount of money (or even more) on new games.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,755 Member
    logion wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I love LGR's reviews. He's funny. But i don't always agree with him. And this is one of this times...

    I think NK has more in it than most of the other stuff packs. A skill, an aspiration, a new way of selling crafts, a new radio station with new animations, bb and a lot of cas (even most being connected to the skill).

    It looks like LGR doesn't like sims 4 and he sounds tired. But it was actually the first time that i think he wasn't fair. Is knitting niche? Well most of the skills are. Does looking at your sim knitting is boring? Well looking at him cooking or fishing or dj'ing or programing is also boring. It is if you concentrate in the skill and you don't integrate it into a story...

    Also like someone said before sims 4 doesn't have a store like 3 had. So, it's normal to have 17 stuff packs by now. Premium objects in the store were also niche, expensive and there were tons of it...

    And this is coming from someone that didn't vote in knitting. I'ld prefer happy haunts everyday.

    @telmarina this is exactly what I meant with seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

    This is a DLC about knitting. It is simply about this one skill and it had like 3 animations in it. Imagine if DJing or fishing all had there own DLC...
    Also it's not about quantity, it's the quality. The aspiration is again just a walkthrough for the pack and not an actual aspiration.
    But these are just the standards we have as a community. We do buy DLCs dedicated just to a single skill with 3 animations and we even defend them. Those are the standards of a Simmer. If you look at any other game community you will see they all laugh at our low standards and our commitment to buying a pack fully dedicated to knitting. Other gamers don't put up with this stuff, just Simmers, and I think this is LGR's point.

    Another sign of this is saying that 17 stuff packs are "normal". It doesn't matter if they are just on the store or normal packs 17 is just too many. But Simmers are they only people who will defend a game with 17 stuff packs. An outsider wouldn't and LGR wouldn't.
    But these are the times we live in. Defending EA for delivering a stuff pack with 3 animations a skill and 2466 recolours of the same item.

    That and if you want to look at it, The Simmers are really the only community out there that defends spending $700 for a single game. Look at The Sims games on Steam and you'll see a lot of people trying to get into Sims but see the price of all the packs and go "Yeah this is a fun game and all, but no game is worth $700."

    No, it's not. If you think Sims are expensive go look up what people spend on the Flight Simulator series where people buy one single airplane for $80, let alone the game and the rest of them. WAY more. Less sales. Other games people spend $100 on one skin, etc. There's definitely games that cost more than the Sims. There's also games that cost a lot less.

    Of course, Sims can cost a lot less too if you don't buy alll the packs. Or wait for sales. But lets' go with the $700 number and it still depends on how much you are going to play it. If these same people spend $700 on 10 other games instead, is that really any different? Yes they have 10 games instead of 1, I get that, but time is a big factor here. There's only 24 hours a day and assuming most people don't spent their entire day on games, you are still spending $700 for a set amount of game play time. If you want to divide that time between 10 games, or spend more time on one game, it's all gonna work out to be the same price in the end.

    Some people might want Sims PLUS other games, and yeah thats gonna be a lot if they need all the packs at full price. Others might ONLY play Sims. Some buy gradually over many years, to jump into it at full price all in one go it's a lot. $700 spent over 6 years for someone who only plays the one game and spends a lot of time on it... I mean that's a bit over $100 a year and not that bad. It's very subjective to the individual if it's a lot, but yeah if they re saying that it's the only game where people spend that much money, they are just outright wrong whether that's a large or small amount to them.


    I play a lot of other games and for me it really comes down to how much enjoyment I get from the pack. It is easy to justify a purchase of a new game, you get so much more than you get compared to a few packs for the sims4. But if I really like those packs, then I might even get the same enjoyment as a new game, it depends on how fun I end up having with them.

    But that enjoyment goes down the longer this game is out, and this game has been out for almost 6 years now and it is becoming harder for me to buy DLC for the sims4, especially when other game franchises are really stepping up. (which is why I suspect LGR's review was so critical)

    I think it is really hard for someone who does not play the sims4 a lot to buy packs for $700 and that's why a lot of people wonder why we simmers put up with it, even if they are spending the same amount of money (or even more) on new games.

    I'm more the opposite, I prefer playing games long term. I have tried getting new games but return to old ones as I don't like the learning curve of a new ones and honestly the main thing is I just miss the old familiar. I'm much more excited about a new pack than a new game anytime and I know I'll get many years more enjoyment out of a new pack than I would a new game that just isn't the game for me. But yeah, I get it, everyone is different. Personally I don't even start new SAVE files in Sims, let alone new games haha. I've been playing the same gen of the same family for 4 years now, aging them SUPER Slowly, over 2000 hours on the same family and I love it just as much as when I started.

    But yeah, I get other people who aren't simmers thinking it's a lot, they aren't seeing what's actually going on. There's no way I'd spend $700 on a game up front that I'd never tried to know if I liked it either, not a chance! But if they really looked into it and saw that this price is spread out over many years by people who get thousands of hours of entertainment from it and that most people don't even spend that much because 1) you don't need all the packs and can pick choose and 2 ) THere's sales all the time, I think they'd see that it's actually very reasonable.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2
    Well comparing one thing to something worse is another way of trying to defend it. Saying oh yeah the Sims 4 has so much DLC bit people who play flight simulators pay 80$ for an airplane. Sure there are worse and more greedy games and companies but that does not make the Sims 4 any better.
    If I broke my left foot it doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad just because someone else broke both feet...

    Also I think some of you don't understand where LGR is coming from. His problem is not just that this pack was not well done. It's the whole concept of having 10$ packs with content that could be part of an EP. A good example is the fact that I have seasons but I have no ice creams because ice creams came with freaking cool kitchen stuff which was supposed to offer kitchen stuff but instead came with ice creams.

    Again just because things are more "fleshed-out" which many times they are not with the exception of vampires (which was more in depth) doesn't mean it is good to split everything apart in smaller DLC to make it more "in-depth". More in depth vampires? Okay maybe, but more in depth knitting? 🌺🌺🌺🌺? Like I said previously are we going to get more in depth pooping in a 10$ pack as well?

    Also another problem that he has is with the number of stuff packs. 17 stuff packs compared to the 9EPs and 8GPs means they are spending a lot of time and money in those tiny stuff packs than in other more gameplay changing DLC and also than in game updates which are super important since there are things missing for 6 years now but nope it's knitting guys.

    And even if we knew that the voting only produces gameplay elements that are small and narrow it again doesn't make it any better.

    For those reasons I think his judgement of the pack is totally justified and I don't think he just didn't give it time. I think he judged the pack less on the little details and more on the big picture and that is something I respect because there are way to many reviewers like "oh you can attach the two desks, this pack is so awesome".
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,755 Member
    Well comparing one thing to something worse is another way of trying to defend it. Saying oh yeah the Sims 4 has so much DLC bit people who play flight simulators pay 80$ for an airplane. Sure there are worse and more greedy games and companies but that does not make the Sims 4 any better.
    If I broke my left foot it doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad just because someone else broke both feet...

    Also I think some of you don't understand where LGR is coming from. His problem is not just that this pack was not well done. It's the whole concept of having 10$ packs with content that could be pack of an EP. A good example is the fact that I have seasons but I have no ice creams because I've creams came with freaking cool kitchen stuff which was supposed to offer kitchen stuff but instead came with ice creams.

    Again just because things are more "fleshed-out" which many times they are not with the exception of vampires (which was more in depth) doesn't mean it good to split everything apart in smaller DLC to make it more "in-depth". More in depth vampires? Okay maybe but more in depth knitting? 🌺🌺🌺🌺? Like I said previously are we going to get more in depth pooping in a 10$ pack as well?

    Also another problem that he has is with the number of stuff packs. 17 stuff packs compared to the 9EPs and 8GPs means they are spending a lot of time and money in those tiny stuff packs than in other more gameplay changing DLC and also than in game updates which are super important since there are things missing for 6 years now but nope it's knitting guys.

    And even if we knew that the voting only produces gameplay elements that are small and narrow it again doesn't make it any better.

    For those reasons I think his judgement of the pack is totally justified and I don't think he just didn't give it time. I think he judged the pack less on the little details and more on the big picture and that is something I respect because there are way to many reviewers like "oh you can attach the two desks, this pack is so awesome".

    I'm not comparing it to something "worse". I, in no means, think that flight simulator or the prices of it are "worse". They are more expensive but if someone spends more time on it than I do on Sims, it's worth it for them. It may be they have more money than me, it may be they have more gaming time than me and in the end pay less per hour than I do on Sims, making it better. It just depends on the person's enjoyment, time, etc. I mean, yeah for me it'd be a huge waste because I don't enjoy the game, but for someone who loves it, not at all.
    I'm simply responding to the comment that simmers are the "ONLY community who defends spending $700 for one game". That's simply not true. There are more. Flight Simulator came to mind as an example first because I have several close friends/family who spend a lot more on it than I could on Sims, but it's not the only other game people pay a lot for either. THere are many, so to say the Sims is the only one that costs this much is untrue.

    And I'd WAY rather in-depth knitting over in-depth vampires lol. Diff people like diff themes. Enough people wanted knitting apparently since it won the vote. It wasn't my first choice, but it was second and I love the pack. ( my first choice was the fitbit stuff option, giving sims smartwatches and tracking steps.)

    His judgement of the pack IS justified, I agree with that. The judgements of people who disagree with him are also justified. The fact that there are 17 game packs is indeed a fact and he is correct in his counting. The opinion that having 17 stuff packs is a bad thing however is not a fact. TBH, I'd be happy with hundreds more stuff packs. I wouldn't be able to BUY hundreds, but it'd be great for having loads of options and picking/choosing which ones I wanted and which ones I didn't. I don't like using CC so I love getting these small packs that don't cost so much to add a few new cas/build items into my game.

  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,577 Member
    Well comparing one thing to something worse is another way of trying to defend it. Saying oh yeah the Sims 4 has so much DLC bit people who play flight simulators pay 80$ for an airplane. Sure there are worse and more greedy games and companies but that does not make the Sims 4 any better.
    If I broke my left foot it doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad just because someone else broke both feet...

    Also I think some of you don't understand where LGR is coming from. His problem is not just that this pack was not well done. It's the whole concept of having 10$ packs with content that could be part of an EP. A good example is the fact that I have seasons but I have no ice creams because ice creams came with freaking cool kitchen stuff which was supposed to offer kitchen stuff but instead came with ice creams.

    Again just because things are more "fleshed-out" which many times they are not with the exception of vampires (which was more in depth) doesn't mean it is good to split everything apart in smaller DLC to make it more "in-depth". More in depth vampires? Okay maybe, but more in depth knitting? 🌺🌺🌺🌺? Like I said previously are we going to get more in depth pooping in a 10$ pack as well?

    Also another problem that he has is with the number of stuff packs. 17 stuff packs compared to the 9EPs and 8GPs means they are spending a lot of time and money in those tiny stuff packs than in other more gameplay changing DLC and also than in game updates which are super important since there are things missing for 6 years now but nope it's knitting guys.

    And even if we knew that the voting only produces gameplay elements that are small and narrow it again doesn't make it any better.

    For those reasons I think his judgement of the pack is totally justified and I don't think he just didn't give it time. I think he judged the pack less on the little details and more on the big picture and that is something I respect because there are way to many reviewers like "oh you can attach the two desks, this pack is so awesome".

    We have so much fewer SPs these last two years than we had before, and many more EPs and GPs. Just like people asked. And the quality of them has improved as a result.

    But more importantly, you kind of take people's arguments out of context.

    This may come as a shock to you, but some people do actually find enjoyment with this game. Not because they have nothing different or better to play but because after playing other things (great games like TLoU, RDR2, God of War, AC, ......) we always find our way back to the sims. There is no game in my library that I have played more, despite having a nice catalog of games I really enjoy as well. And at the end of the day, that is what matters to me and what I base my purchasing decisions on, not what SimmerGeorge forcefully tries to argue for hours on end, not what LGR things, not what James Turner thinks. No amount of discussion will change that process because it's been working great for me. So hey, there must be something there that is enjoyable. Else I wouldn't do it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Well comparing one thing to something worse is another way of trying to defend it. Saying oh yeah the Sims 4 has so much DLC bit people who play flight simulators pay 80$ for an airplane. Sure there are worse and more greedy games and companies but that does not make the Sims 4 any better.
    If I broke my left foot it doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad just because someone else broke both feet...

    Also I think some of you don't understand where LGR is coming from. His problem is not just that this pack was not well done. It's the whole concept of having 10$ packs with content that could be part of an EP. A good example is the fact that I have seasons but I have no ice creams because ice creams came with freaking cool kitchen stuff which was supposed to offer kitchen stuff but instead came with ice creams.

    Again just because things are more "fleshed-out" which many times they are not with the exception of vampires (which was more in depth) doesn't mean it is good to split everything apart in smaller DLC to make it more "in-depth". More in depth vampires? Okay maybe, but more in depth knitting? 🌺🌺🌺🌺? Like I said previously are we going to get more in depth pooping in a 10$ pack as well?

    Also another problem that he has is with the number of stuff packs. 17 stuff packs compared to the 9EPs and 8GPs means they are spending a lot of time and money in those tiny stuff packs than in other more gameplay changing DLC and also than in game updates which are super important since there are things missing for 6 years now but nope it's knitting guys.

    And even if we knew that the voting only produces gameplay elements that are small and narrow it again doesn't make it any better.

    For those reasons I think his judgement of the pack is totally justified and I don't think he just didn't give it time. I think he judged the pack less on the little details and more on the big picture and that is something I respect because there are way to many reviewers like "oh you can attach the two desks, this pack is so awesome".

    We have so much fewer SPs these last two years than we had before, and many more EPs and GPs. Just like people asked. And the quality of them has improved as a result.

    But more importantly, you kind of take people's arguments out of context.

    This may come as a shock to you, but some people do actually find enjoyment with this game. Not because they have nothing different or better to play but because after playing other things (great games like TLoU, RDR2, God of War, AC, ......) we always find our way back to the sims. There is no game in my library that I have played more, despite having a nice catalog of games I really enjoy as well. And at the end of the day, that is what matters to me and what I base my purchasing decisions on, not what SimmerGeorge forcefully tries to argue for hours on end, not what LGR things, not what James Turner thinks. No amount of discussion will change that process because it's been working great for me. So hey, there must be something there that is enjoyable. Else I wouldn't do it.

    @SimTrippy Girl I ain't trying to change anyone's mind here. I'm just defending LGR's position in this whole thing when people say his review isn't useful. That's all. I didn't say you play no other games. I play other games too, welcome to gaming.
    Also finding enjoyment in the game doesn't mean I'm gonna like everything that comes out of it or I'm never going to be critical of it. I am of course dissapointed I had to get a whole 10$ pack to get butlers for my famous sims. I am dissapointed I have to buy a whole pack for ice creams I want for seasons. I am dissapointed I have to buy MFPS to have small pets instead of having them in the Cats and Dogs expansion pack. And this time around I am also very dissapointed there hasn't been a hobbies EP or GP yet so If I want a hobby I have to get this 10$ pack.

    Also, you think we are getting less Stuff packs than EPs and GPs? Let's check the facts. Since August 2019 (so one year ago) we got 2 EPs, 1 GP but guess what whole 3SPs. Also if the quality of EPs and GPs increased is another topic, because again to some it didn't.

    I am not trying to change your mind about this, if you love this stuff pack go ahead, do your thing. I am only saying sometimes, some Simmers don't look at the whole picture of what they are buying but rather the one small detail and I just wanted to maybe make some people aware of that, as LGR also does. If you are aware of those things and don't care, well that's something you should be at peace with.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,577 Member
    edited August 2
    @SimTrippy Girl I ain't trying to change anyone's mind here. [...] if you love this stuff pack go ahead, do your thing. I am only saying sometimes, some Simmers don't look at the whole picture of what they are buying but rather the one small detail and I just wanted to maybe make some people aware of that, as LGR also does. If you are aware of those things and don't care, well that's something you should be at peace with.

    Sentences like these would be far more credible if they didn't follow statements like this:
    But the question is how can you be interested in knitting? [...]

    Stuff packs in the Sims 5 will probably be like "The Sims 5 poopy toilet stuff" now with more in-depth gameplay than ever!
    And people will be like "yeah we had pooping in the previous games but never as fleshed out so I will gladly pay 10 bucks".

    Don't insult people's intelligence, and they might be more inclined to engage in these discussions with you. No, I would not pay for or defend a pooping pack any more than I'd pay for 95% of the TS3 store content, on which I've spent exactly 5 euros and not a single cent more. You know why? Because I do exactly what you keep accusing TS4 simmers of not being able to do. I look at the content, see how much is in the pack and what value I think it brings to my game, judge if I think it's worth the price, and then buy it or not. Now, this could tell you 2 things but you'll only focus on one of them.

    Here's what you're probably about to type: "Just because the TS3 store was bad doesn't mean it's okay for TS4 to have so many SPs! That is what LGR says and because I agree and two people have this opinion, I must be right!"

    Here's what it actually means: if I though TS4 SPs were as bad as, or strongly comparable, to TS3 store content, I wouldn't buy them. It's that simple for me. Because although the TS3 store has some good things, most of it is ugly (to me, personally), stuck in what are quite essentially lackluster packs as well, and actually lock a lot of gameplay I would've liked to have in TS3 (like farming items). Which makes me wonder: if we do actually get a farming pack in TS4, will people finally be able to see that just because an item didn't come with the exact same pack as last time, it won't automatically be part of a "bad SP"? We didn't get a bug farming SP, did we? Or a herbalism SP? Or candle making?

    Look, I respect your opinion. Trust me when I say that I can be PLENTY critical of this game, and generally really like LGR's content, I just don't feel the need to agree with everything he says (kinda like I think Supernatural is one of the best TS3 packs ever, he definitely wouldn't rank it very high). I've been perfectly able to make my own decisions for my past 20 years of gaming, so please stop using condescending statements about what I, weak TS4 simmer, would accept as content from EA because I'm oh so desperate, or that I "just don't see what EA is doing to this franchise". I will never understand why some people think we're just blindly defending something for no reason and that no one is actually enjoying this game or actively playing it because "it's oh so boring" when my nearly 2000 hours of playtime (and I started 2 years late) not just suggest otherwise, they're a number no other game I've played so far can really match.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,577 Member
    Ah right and before I forget: in 2019 we had 1 SP, 2 EPs, 2 GPs. Looks like in 2020 we'll get 2 SPs , 1 GP, 2 EPs. Yeah that's not so bad, is it? Especially compared to 2017 and 2016 where we didn't yet get 2 EPs a year, and way more SPs. Which we all rightfully complained about and the content release schedule has vastly improved. Being able to give credit sometimes doesn't hurt either.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2
    @SimTrippy I am not insulting anyone's intelligence I am just overexaggerating to make my point clear. It's called a "hyperbole" and it's used in written and spoken word.
    Also some of the things I imply, I do imply because Simmers say them themselves. I'm just going to quote a YouTube top comment on one of the Game Changers reviews of this pack:

    "me: not really a fan of this pack
    also me: will buy it immediately once it’s released" 727 likes

    I personally would not do this and I always try to share my opinion on statements like this especially after packs like these are released. But 727 likes just on one comment means so many Simmers do this, that it is becoming a problem. People EA only listens to money so if you want to give feedback give it with your money or they won't listen!

    Also
    SimTrippy wrote: »

    Here's what you're probably about to type: "Just because the TS3 store was bad doesn't mean it's okay for TS4 to have so many SPs! That is what LGR says and because I agree and two people have this opinion, I must be right!"

    First of all you don't know what I'm about to type. Secondly it's not just two people who think that. Just go to any of LGR's videos and see that people agree with him, read the top comments idk. If you've never been on YouTube or Instagram you'll be astounded of what you're going to find. The Sims 4 forums do tend to be more Sims 4-friendly since you know, it's the official Sims 4 forums.

    I personally think he's right with some of his points and he is almost always able to back them up with arguements and this is all you need for a helpful review.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,577 Member
    edited August 2
    Yeah that's the same type of person that bought everything from the store with real money without thinking about it I guess :D I'm not saying there are no dense simmers, I'm just saying that not every person who likes NK or TS4 is one of them ;)

    (This only answers to what you typed before editing of course ;))
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 6,577 Member
    Small caveat to my last statement: if you really enjoy a game then I think that most additions just end up useful to you one way or another 🤷🏻‍♀️ so there's that to consider as well. I understand that better than the people who somehow do own everything for TS4 yet constantly complain about how bad it is. I honestly understand that a lot less. I got Watch Dogs 2 for free, it's boring as hell. Haven't opened it since and would never buy dlc for it xD
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top