Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most Important Sims Question

Which is worse?

The Most Important Sims Question 150 votes

My First Pet Stuff
39%
GoldmoldarColorist40AyradyssoveronCamkatTheSpotted_CIsb917CorkysPetalsasimbsimMeteoraStormAuroraBorealliswickichickhaneulWyrrenluthienrisingfruitsbasket101LizzychicagoChanty25Lustianiciataydev 59 votes
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
60%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvKita5399Sara1010Pfififoofoo2123GalacticGalIcewolfIrishSimmer21sketchesSasquatch7PlayerSinger2010Simpatsyannjoelygirlsims2BloosmooelemmeleDOLLDRMS1babajayne 91 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hahah that is a hard one...

I have to admit im not a fan of either one but with my first pet i at least have some caged pets that my children can use for homework...
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    This was the one and only pack I didn't buy in all my 20 years of playing the Sims. I kid you not!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    There was nothing wrong with 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats'... there's a lot of things wrong with 'My First Pet' (AKA: DLC for DLC).

The only reason people hate Sweet Treats is because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol). But yeah... I never understood the hatred for the Sweet Treats pack. Even LGR was extremely biased when reviewing the pack... his overall argument was literally "I hate Katy Perry, so this pack is bad!"
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    The only reason people hate Sweet Treats is because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol).

Not true. I feel indifferent about Katy Perry. But I do not like the look of that pack. It gives me tooth ache.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I can't really vote on this one, I never played ts3 as far as that pack.
    I can say that I do like MFP though, its probably one of the stuff packs I most often use things from.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Unpopular opinion: I LOVED Sweet Treats! :D

I used it with Supernaturals a lot and made witches and gingerbread houses to "lure" sims and all of that fun stuff. Haha
    Didn't care one way or other about the Katy Perry link but I used that build/buy a lot.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    I never played Sweet Treats, but I have seen the items and they look ugly.

I do have MFPS and I love some items from the pack like the fish table for example. I also owned Cats & Dogs at the time MFPS was released so that whole “expansion for expansion” argument was really irrelevant to me and didn’t bother me in the slightest. I wouldn’t be mad personally if they did the same thing again.

So if I had to choose, I’d pick Sweet Treats as being worse. But, since I never played it, I won’t vote.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I can't decide. If someone made me pick one of them to add to my game, I would go with MFP. I don't like how and when it was released and I really dislike pet clothing, but I could certainly live with it. Sweet Treats is just really not my style at all and one of only two packs I never bought for TS3. I really dislike the CAS and BB and am not aware of any gameplay. I also want to add that I don't have any strong feelings towards Ms Perry. She's pop and just like bubblegum there's nothing to love or to hate about it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The only reason people hate Sweet Treats is because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol).

Not true. I feel indifferent about Katy Perry. But I do not like the look of that pack. It gives me tooth ache.

I agree, it's definitely not true. I quite liked some of Katy Perry's songs and have nothing against her, but the pack is horrific.

My First Pet has some cute stuff in it that I do use.
  • Options
    FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I never go KP's Sweet Treats due to when I started playing TS3 but I really like MFP because there's some useful build/buy items and I find the rodents quite amusing.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I never played sims 3 but a sweet themed pack doesn't sound very good
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Sweet Treats wasn't content cut from an EP and sold separately. At least it was original, even if most of the items were hideous.

Though I did love having all those candy items. Made for great fairy tale houses.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sweet Treats was an absolute eyesore :neutral: I never got it, but my goodness it looked horrendous. It was like Sims under some hallucinogenic substance. It was just not my style haha
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Shouldn't this be in franchise discussion
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I havent ever got either of those because I didnt want to waste my money.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    My First Pet Stuff
    I'm not really a fan of the celebrity related gimmick style packs. I love Katy Perry though. Also I didn't like TS3. :D

Edit: I voted for the wrong option. :#
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    in my book katy perry sweet treats was the worst and as a player i found the clothes ugly but the furniture was ok but the clothe i found just plain ugly as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    I actually liked Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. The clothing was a little out there but the decor was good for little kids rooms, themed parks, restaurants, etc. My First Pet Stuff never should have been a pack. It all should have been included in Cats and Dogs. For that reason alone it is worse than the Katy Perry pack by a mile.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2020
    My First Pet Stuff
    I voted wrongly - should have read the question properly!!

Katy Perry's sweet treats is the ONLY sims pack I don't own.

It didn't even kill me to not buy it, even as a 'completionist' there was no way I was stooping to those depths.

Will admit My First Pet Stuff was also awful, but there you go. :D:D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    This was the one and only pack I didn't buy in all my 20 years of playing the Sims. I kid you not!

This ^^^
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2020
    My First Pet Stuff
    on one hand i absolutely despise real celebrity advertisements in sims which is enough reason i never got katy perry one

but in all honesty my only beef with that pack is that its katy perry pack with katy perry on cover and if it was just "sweet treats" honestly? id probably like it very much

At least the objects are fun and weird unlike ts4 that keeps adding same boring shirt same jeans same couch 10 times over which i am getting slowly very sick of (to the point of wanting to summon every weird object ever in history of sims to ts4)

my first pet?
    honestly i cant find any reason id want that pack 0 interest like yeah whatever rodent sure fun new death but thats about it

dont like to dress my animals, don't like any of the b/b... just meh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol).

its not about being edgy or "cool"
    its more like when something is in media all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time you get sick and tired of hearing about it

back then katy perry was all around so im sure people were just done with her

similarily now people would be tired of new artists that are everywhere at all times

heck back in 2000 i could swear id beat someone up if they play another britney song at me but i be jamming now cause its no longer shoved into my face everywhere and its lowkey jams
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My First Pet stuff is my fav stuff pack haha, I absolutely love it (Haven't tried knitting yet though and expect it'll be a top contender too)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MFPS at least has some nice CAS (I like the one piece PJs for kids; would love them for teen+ as well); the outfits in KPST were nightmare-inducing. :o I did like some of the decor especially for kids rooms, and I used the Cake Pleasure Dome with the Bistro Set and the Bakery Set from the Store and turned it into a dessert cafe. :) (Hmmm, wonder if I could do that with Dine Out...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @Simmingal wrote: »

heck back in 2000 i could swear id beat someone up if they play another britney song at me but i be jamming now cause its no longer shoved into my face everywhere and its lowkey jams

Hit me baby.