Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a celebrity endorsement you would support with The Sims?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I dont care to see irl celebrities in my game at ALL. But! I was thinking earlier if there was one what would I like to see?

I doubt ea could pull it, but I think a collab with a koreanpop entertainment company could work very well and perfect for the demographic. With Big Hit, YG, SM etc.

I wouldnt want an immortal sims Jimin in the game but something like the costumes/fits from some of the popular music videos, like Blackpink or Red Velvet, or an object in the game thats like and SM music video box (the infamous ones 😂) that your sims could dance in/stage photos that would be really useful for simmers who download a lot of pose packs. It could be easier to make music videos in the sims. That and adding a choreography skill and have various dances your sims could unlock (please something more than just The Smustle)
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    Blackpink's Let Kill This Love
    https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2Fblackpink-kill-this-love-music-video-recreate-fashion-outfits-makeup-looks-jennie-lisa-rose-jisoo-000.jpg?w=960&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max

Or the look from BTS War of Hormone
    8708015f06484066a8892be2be3fcba5.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

• Options
    A dance studio where your sim(s) can make choreographed dances:
    https://youtu.be/e8q3OET5dwk

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am not familiar with Korean pop artists. More dance options would be nice. For celebrities they usually just give CAS items, clothing and hair, no useable objects or gameplay. Right now I can't really think of any celebrity I'd want in my game except Elvis. I'd like him to sing some songs for my sims, and be a major celebrity like Judith Ward.
  • Options
    DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    J-pop doesn't appeal to everyone and to those it doesn't it's like nails on a chalk board.
  • Options
    DrWright wrote: »
    J-pop doesn't appeal to everyone and to those it doesn't it's like nails on a chalk board.

This is Kpop 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Besides, there hasnt been a celebrity endorsment that has appealed to me yet, and this thread is for introducing one you would want. Is there one you'd like to see if at all?

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to KPop Their fans keep spamming Twitter, even serious ones and I'm fed up with them. Maybe a Mod for you?
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to KPop Their fans keep spamming Twitter, even serious ones and I'm fed up with them. Maybe a Mod for you?

I dont use twitter, sorry im not familiar with your struggle lol. Is there a celebrity/brand endorsement you'd want to see?

• Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am not familiar with Korean pop artists. More dance options would be nice. For celebrities they usually just give CAS items, clothing and hair, no useable objects or gameplay. Right now I can't really think of any celebrity I'd want in my game except Elvis. I'd like him to sing some songs for my sims, and be a major celebrity like Judith Ward.

I think with celebrity or brand endorsements it should definitely include more gameplay!

• Options
    DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    There was a show in 2003 called "I'm with Busey" where a guy built a show around being mentored by Gary Busey. We need that. and MTV Jack A%%. This is how I play my Sims anyways only downside being I sometimes need to backup and replace lots and I have a large graveyard of dead Sims.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2020
    Absolutely no

if they really have to use real celebs at least use very old celebs that are no longer alive to annoy people like Elvis(im) or something

I think they had some older celebs in ts1 and they never annoyed me the same way new ones do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I liked it in the Sims 1. I never played Sims 3 that much but I don't think that people enjoyed Katy Perry's stuff haha. I would like to have celebrities in the game. Kinda disappointing that we didn't have that in the Sims 4.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really can't think of one the majority of them make my skin crawl really don't want them in my game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like a sim based on doris day
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2020
    Nope.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well... I'll humour this thread...

Heilung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64CACoHNBEI

The choreography? Um... It's the alphabet, sort of. The poses are in the form of the Old Norse Runes.

I want antler headwear! And drinking horns. And tunics and viking coats with tablet woven bands.

Or maybe Gary Numan.
    Give the game some nice post apocalyptic style
    01-GARYNUMAN-Location-005910-Adjustment-v1_116851.jpg?w=520&h=650&fit=crop-50-0&fm=pjpg

And stuff for kids, because his daugher sings too...
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZXMq8qIZGRdZbec8nMhYYQJvIJZAxin2Fog&usqp=CAU

DFqKFg-XcAAxHhd.jpg

And loads of new gothy stuff for guys
    2013GaryNuman-LoveHurtBleed600G200913.jpg
    garynuman.JPG
    7d0a2af4da15035f3edd4717fdad8cee.jpg
    gary-numan-splinter-songs-from-a-broken-mind.jpg

And more eyeliner.
    9-248x300.jpg

This is his own song, originally from the 70's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Z4Tv1zn-s

Choreography?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDroGSHG8Wk

And he's got a new album due out soon. Not bad for someone in their 60's

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would be ok with Metallica or Greenday or any band (except bring me the horizon) for a colander we need a band pack in-fact we need a lot of things like a better University pack but I digress.
  • Options
    doogerie wrote: »
    I would be ok with Metallica or Greenday or any band (except bring me the horizon) for a colander we need a band pack in-fact we need a lot of things like a better University pack but I digress.

I think that'd be perfect wirh uni

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    No because I’m British so I can 99% guarantee I wouldn’t know them. If i was going by UK celebs, Gary Barlow, Ed Sheeran, Hugh Grant, Elton John, Daniel Craig. Baso actor/actresses or singers. Any Americans know any of these?😂
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    No because I’m British so I can 99% guarantee I wouldn’t know them. If i was going by UK celebs, Gary Barlow, Ed Sheeran, Hugh Grant, Elton John, Daniel Craig. Baso actor/actresses or singers. Any Americans know any of these?😂

I only know 2 of them lol. Is there any kind of gameplay or theme you'd want with them in the game?

• Options
    garapoes wrote: »
    I liked it in the Sims 1. I never played Sims 3 that much but I don't think that people enjoyed Katy Perry's stuff haha. I would like to have celebrities in the game. Kinda disappointing that we didn't have that in the Sims 4.

I dont like the idea of having the actual celeb in the game. For some reason i feel like it dates the game lol or is too campy. But are there celebs youd want to see?

• Options
    @Movotti
    I LOVE the clothing styles!! We need more alternative fashion in the Sims. I only know one Gary Numan song, Metal, but i really like it. I prob need to listen to a full album soon 😂

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Bill Nye the science guy with a pack that centers around science, technology and engineering. Maybe a music pack with a TALENTED musician or a multi talented one for visual arts , not some 19-22 year old with a minor amount of stage presence and a minuscule amount of actual talent and youth.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Bill Nye the science guy with a pack that centers around science, technology and engineering. Maybe a music pack with a TALENTED musician or a multi talented one for visual arts , not some 19-22 year old with a minor amount of stage presence and a minuscule amount of actual talent and youth.

Why are you being so rude? Not all kpop stars are 19 years old. Some have been in the business over 10 years, and famous in Japan, Philippines and even overseas in the US. A lot of stars speak multiple languages and skilled in not only singing, but dance and song writing. Not only in pop music, but rnb, rap, alternative etc. You're being incredibly disrespectful, especially for being so ignorant about that topic.

I think some kind of STEM pack could be really cool. Eco-living possibly could've been like that! I never watched Bill Nye but ive seen he's a really popular figure.

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited July 2020
    redrogue60 wrote: »

Why are you being so rude? Not all kpop stars are 19 years old. Some have been in the business over 10 years, and famous in Japan, Philippines and even overseas in the US. A lot of stars speak multiple languages and skilled in not only singing, but dance and song writing. Not only in pop music, but rnb, rap, alternative etc. You're being incredibly disrespectful, especially for being so ignorant about that topic.

I think some kind of STEM pack could be really cool. Eco-living possibly could've been like that! I never watched Bill Nye but ive seen he's a really popular figure.

I wasn't referring to your kpop I never even mentioned them not even indirectly. You are projecting. In fact the only person here that is being rude is you.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett