Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a celebrity endorsement you would support with The Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Bill Nye the science guy with a pack that centers around science, technology and engineering. Maybe a music pack with a TALENTED musician or a multi talented one for visual arts , not some 19-22 year old with a minor amount of stage presence and a minuscule amount of actual talent and youth.

Why are you being so rude? Not all kpop stars are 19 years old. Some have been in the business over 10 years, and famous in Japan, Philippines and even overseas in the US. A lot of stars speak multiple languages and skilled in not only singing, but dance and song writing. Not only in pop music, but rnb, rap, alternative etc. You're being incredibly disrespectful, especially for being so ignorant about that topic.

I think some kind of STEM pack could be really cool. Eco-living possibly could've been like that! I never watched Bill Nye but ive seen he's a really popular figure.

I wasn't referring to your kpop I never even mentioned them not even indirectly. You are projecting. In fact the only person here that is being rude is you.

Thats true, I apologize!!!! I truly thought you mean them because thats my main entry for this and I got a some negative responses so I'm defensive about it. I am projecting. Im really sorry!!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Bill Nye the science guy with a pack that centers around science, technology and engineering. Maybe a music pack with a TALENTED musician or a multi talented one for visual arts , not some 19-22 year old with a minor amount of stage presence and a minuscule amount of actual talent and youth.

Why are you being so rude? Not all kpop stars are 19 years old. Some have been in the business over 10 years, and famous in Japan, Philippines and even overseas in the US. A lot of stars speak multiple languages and skilled in not only singing, but dance and song writing. Not only in pop music, but rnb, rap, alternative etc. You're being incredibly disrespectful, especially for being so ignorant about that topic.

I think some kind of STEM pack could be really cool. Eco-living possibly could've been like that! I never watched Bill Nye but ive seen he's a really popular figure.

I wasn't referring to your kpop I never even mentioned them not even indirectly. You are projecting. In fact the only person here that is being rude is you.

Thats true, I apologize!!!! I truly thought you mean them because thats my main entry for this and I got a some negative responses so I'm defensive about it. I am projecting. Im really sorry!!

It's fine. Apology accepted
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lizzo, definitely think she's Sims appropriate.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Some have been in the business over 10 years
    That makes me giggle.

Here's another idea...
    78098e3364900755c9fbd24e49565364.jpg
    But I'm not sure which band to put them as...
    They're the current live incarnation of Skold, and also the current live incarnation of Psyclon Nine.
    The two guys on the right are Tim Sköld and Nero Bellum, they're also Not My God, and I'm assuming the guy on the left, Jon Siren, would be joining them for anything live.

The reason for the giggle? Tim Sköld is in his 50's, and has been in the music industry for over 30 years. 10 years is nothing. He's been in Shotgun Messiah, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, MDFMK. He may not be a huge influencer in the industry like Gary Numan is, but he is highly respected. What can I say? I have appreciation for certain older artists, especially for the ones who keep moving forward, and producing better, and better music over time. I especially love the way some of my favourite older artists are inspired by some of my favourite artists who are younger than them. Eg, Gary is is inspired by Trent Reznor. Tim is learning new tricks from Nero. All four of them are technically one man bands. They all sing, they all write their own songs, and they all play most of the music on their albums.
    I am a fan of control-freaks :p

Back to the topic, look at the pretties!
    Nero will eat your soul, while Tim will tell you a very long story about his method for writing albums.

Not_My_God-News-61620-696x387.jpg
    07600283a2a8a5e8cadcc3af91362b7b896c20c3.gifv
    0bebf61e447d1fdac234e5265df9087e386ab084.gifv

The game needs more industrial style black clothing, and music to make your ears bleed... Especially if Nero sings.
    Listen at your own risk. This is one of the more tame Psyclon Nine songs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqFuGOVxgDI

Did you want dancing? Nero can do that.
    tumblr_mksvydmFNJ1r5fpfao1_400.gifv

Ooh, totally forgot. Nero has a thing for false eyelashes. Now that's something that should be added to the game.
    tumblr_ml92baB53C1qh5wlno1_400.jpg
    3bba240f20517a68359cae479b1fd468--nine-durso-singers.jpg
    70a8e3a76ed1c0b45c19bfad5b457789.jpg

Stuck it in a spoiler cos I got carried away.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oh no please no Kpop.
    If they do end up making a band pack then I would love to see some famous simlish songs by a band or some of their clothes. Maybe Green Day for example.
    But not a full out endorsment with their faces on the cover and everything Green Day related. Just a few details.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    If it was still 1999 I’d choose Flat Eric. He would have been perfect as a knittable project. But he would also be immortal and giving us some silly beats and party hard with Yarny.

https://youtu.be/qmsbP13xu6k
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    On a more serious note, I‘m not a fan of celebrity endorsements in the sims.
    If the celebrity is part of the sims universe I could just about live with it ( but please leave the party Judith, Im sick of ya).
    I’d rather keep the RL celebrities out of my game. But for me it’s the same as playing sims based on my family or friends (or myself). I can’t do it. Creating in CAS, maybe. But populating the world with them...not a chance. It messes with my head. Leave me alone with my game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love for the Sims to have the 1980's
    Bangles, Go Go's, Jon Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar,
    Cyndi Loper, Madonna & Journey styles.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2020
    Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada.

But, if it resulted in something new that was actually worthwhile, I'd support it.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @cody6268 what is worthwhile?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No. I don't want any real life influences/brands in the game. None.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    doogerie wrote: »
    I would be ok with Metallica or Greenday or any band (except bring me the horizon) for a colander we need a band pack in-fact we need a lot of things like a better University pack but I digress.

I’d be okay with any band too if they came with a band/music pack!

I like having certain characters/celebrities in my game. I recently posted about my Martin Freeman Sim whose father is Willie Wonka, and whose brother is Charlie Bucket. I love mixing characters/celebrities from different worlds. :D

I already have Green Day and The Monkees in my game. I’m planning to add The Knack next. :D

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Anything kpop!!😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A dance studio where your sim(s) can make choreographed dances:
    https://youtu.be/e8q3OET5dwk

Yessssssssss!!!!!!! I love this idea. I would love to see improved dance in general. Ability to select which type of dance for each genre,facing eachother,choreography, ability to put dance groups together. Hehe wishful thinking...😅 but yay for kpop that would be awesome.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    I usually just put celebs in my game by downloading someone's excellent recreation of them from the gallery.

What I'd rather see is a themed stuff pack around a celebrity or a sponsored tie-in to some project. Like, I'm fine with the thing they did with Millie Bobby Brown back in the day. But I was also fine with Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. Maybe candy-themed clothing and build items weren't something I'd use a lot, but it's no skin off my nose that it exists and if I do need those things, well, here's a pack for them.

Like, if they were doing some campaign for awareness of some issue that, I dunno, the McElroy brothers were promoting and as a result they put the McElroys into the game--well, I don't need that because I already downloaded versions of the boys and their wives, and one of their wives' sisters, from the gallery. But I could see doing that.

But, because we can just download celebrity likenesses, I'd say do packs based either on a celebrity's style (like Sweet Treats) or do media tie-ins that would make for decent stuff packs.

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    @cody6268 what is worthwhile?

Any concept that has not been explored, and a pack that is well-designed, with a good focus on the subject, and content based on the type of pack it is. Not a bunch of stuff thrown together, with elements that don't seem to belong, and elements missing that fit the topic well.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Hideo Kojima. It'll never happen, but a gal can dream...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I don't listen to her a lot, but Billie EIlish has some unique outfits and I would like to see that come in a free pack/update
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    100 gecs
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited August 2020
    No. I don't want any real life influences/brands in the game. None.

I most vehemently agree...

"Just say no" to the steady drip of intravenous consumerism.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Honestly.. I don't think I'd recognize any celebrity they put in the game haha. I don't really follow any or know what they look like. So I guess it makes no difference to me who endorses it. Anyways it's not like having a celebrity say they like the game is gonna make me think I do too.. As everyone is diff. I like it on my own actually
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    I am pretty much anti endorsements, although I LOVED the concept and execution of The Sims House Party. I'm a huge fan of Drew Carey, although he's not relevant now. They also had an "Elvis" character named El Viz the Dancer.

I can't think of any specific examples that are relevant today — because with the Internet and everything, the fans have their own celebrities all over the place.

The least that I would request is that the specific celebrities/brands/bands would please provide voice acting for the game. If they can do more, for example, provide motion capture for dance moves — and CAS and Build/Buy design direction — then I would be in awe. :)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities