Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone seen this? *Take it with a grain of salt*

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    In the meantime,I'll be playing older Sims games while waiting to see what Paradox Studios will have to offer. And I really don;t think the Sims 4 engine is going to last another 2-3 years...seeing all the bug/glitch reports piling on could be a sign that the Sims 4 engine is finally starting to die.

It's cracking...the foundation that is. And Eco Living was a perfect example. It would be ludicrous to keep going for 3+ years. One year at most.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    In the meantime,I'll be playing older Sims games while waiting to see what Paradox Studios will have to offer. And I really don;t think the Sims 4 engine is going to last another 2-3 years...seeing all the bug/glitch reports piling on could be a sign that the Sims 4 engine is finally starting to die.

I read an interview with Rod Humble where he’s talking about whatever their current project in development is. And he’s going on about how it’s essentially being designed to be..nearly endless. Players will discover a thing and dig and dig and dig before they reach the bottom. I hope it’s a life sim because it sounds like they’re really thinking about depth with the game and a life simulator really needs depth.

• Options

I read an interview with Rod Humble where he’s talking about whatever their current project in development is. And he’s going on about how it’s essentially being designed to be..nearly endless. Players will discover a thing and dig and dig and dig before they reach the bottom. I hope it’s a life sim because it sounds like they’re really thinking about depth with the game and a life simulator really needs depth.

But the thing he is making his own, he is no longer with EAxis.
  • Options

Yes I know. I just meant if they are making a life sim over at Paradox, I’m interested to see what it is.
  • Options

Yes I know. I just meant if they are making a life sim over at Paradox, I’m interested to see what it is.

Oh I am too <3 I am also interested in Paralives too.
  • Options

Oh I am too <3 I am also interested in Paralives too.

I am too, but I was on the Paralives website and saw that they were very clear about things not being in the game, things that at this point if a life sim doesn’t have, my interest in it will go down. It’s 2020 and I’m tired of paying for basic concepts. And if Paralives is setting themselves up to be like the model of The Sims, I’m gonna pass.
  • Options
    reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    I think you are all forgetting that there are people out there that are going out of their way to make fake Trailers and Articles for different games. You do a search on places like YouTube for Evil Within 3 and that sort of thing. You'll wind up with a trailer that has clearly been faked and pieced together using footage from other existing game trailers. None of it is real. If the information doesn't come DIRECTLY from the gaming company, you don't need to believe it. They are still making Sims 4 expansions, game packs, and stuff packs, right now. They haven't given us anything other than hints on what the company is toying around with as an idea for the Sims 5 to be. With everything that is going on in the world right now, there's no reason to think that EA is going to jump into a new venture. It's too late in the year for this to be a reality, also. If they were going to announce a new Sims version, they would've done so at the standard gaming events that EA holds. Nothing has been released. Not even a teaser, which is actually real.

You also shouldn't be getting offended that not everyone agrees with the assumption that Sims 5 may be a reality soon. It would be nice to have a new game, but the world needs to get through this Covid19 mess, first. Not many individuals have the money to sink into a new version of the game either. Too many people, even EA, is struggling with what has happened. We aren't saying that a new game wouldn't be nice. It's just not a practical time to be thinking of a new version.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    reiureya wrote: »
    I think you are all forgetting that there are people out there that are going out of their way to make fake Trailers and Articles for different games. You do a search on places like YouTube for Evil Within 3 and that sort of thing. You'll wind up with a trailer that has clearly been faked and pieced together using footage from other existing game trailers. None of it is real. If the information doesn't come DIRECTLY from the gaming company, you don't need to believe it. They are still making Sims 4 expansions, game packs, and stuff packs, right now. They haven't given us anything other than hints on what the company is toying around with as an idea for the Sims 5 to be. With everything that is going on in the world right now, there's no reason to think that EA is going to jump into a new venture. It's too late in the year for this to be a reality, also. If they were going to announce a new Sims version, they would've done so at the standard gaming events that EA holds. Nothing has been released. Not even a teaser, which is actually real.

You also shouldn't be getting offended that not everyone agrees with the assumption that Sims 5 may be a reality soon. It would be nice to have a new game, but the world needs to get through this Covid19 mess, first. Not many individuals have the money to sink into a new version of the game either. Too many people, even EA, is struggling with what has happened. We aren't saying that a new game wouldn't be nice. It's just not a practical time to be thinking of a new version.

No, I don't think blaming Covid on this is the way to go. They have had over 6+ 2 - 3 years to work on it....

Also what I don't understand why it is so unheard of for us to have TS5 right now.
    It's over do....and has been overdue.
    The Sims 4, has got a year at most...it is not wise to drag this game more than 2+ years.
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,198 Member

No, I don't think blaming Covid on this is the way to go. They have had over 6+ to work on it....

Also what I don't understand why it is so unheard of for us to have TS5 right now.
    The Sims 4, has got a year at most...it is not wise to drag this game more than 2+ years.

They have not been working on it for six years.It probably is another year until they announced it.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

No, I don't think blaming Covid on this is the way to go. They have had over 6+ to work on it....

They have not been working on it for six years.It probably is another year until they announced it.

Okay probably not for six years, but probably 2 or 3 years....In the past they worked on TS2 and TS3 while the others were on their run...<3
    That's all I am saying guys.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

If its the same interview I read it was great my favorite part of it was "For example, I’m looking out of the window here [in Berlin]. Let’s say we’re playing an open world game, and you walk down to that river and decide to take up fishing, and you discover there’s this whole bunch of fishing mechanics like 40 levels deep. Then you might walk back here and you’re like, ‘oh, I’m gonna paint this building’, and you discover, oh my goodness, there’s this massive layer of mechanics just supporting your ability to explore how you want to be a painter. That, to me, would be really exciting. clearly me and Rod are both excited about well thought out deep game play I can see why Sims 2 was so amazing. If the game he is currently creating is a life simulator I cant wait to get lost in it hours on end.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

If its the same interview I read it was great my favorite part of it was "For example, I’m looking out of the window here [in Berlin]. Let’s say we’re playing an open world game, and you walk down to that river and decide to take up fishing, and you discover there’s this whole bunch of fishing mechanics like 40 levels deep. Then you might walk back here and you’re like, ‘oh, I’m gonna paint this building’, and you discover, oh my goodness, there’s this massive layer of mechanics just supporting your ability to explore how you want to be a painter. That, to me, would be really exciting. clearly me and Rod are both excited about well thought out deep game play I can see why Sims 2 was so amazing. If the game he is currently creating is a life simulator I cant wait to get lost in it hours on end.

Ooooh wow, I am now very eager to see what he comes up with <3.
  • Options

Yep that's the interview I read.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this game the most out of all of them!

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    may i suggest and pretty sure 100% that @KaeChan2089 will agreet to this as well that you look at this cnn news article https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

That's not CNN.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    may i suggest and pretty sure 100% that @KaeChan2089 will agreet to this as well that you look at this cnn news article https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

That's not CNN.

The news itself was informative though. It did mention that during EA's Q3 FY20 earnings call that "CEO Andrew Wilson offered the closest thing to a confirmation that The Sims 5 is indeed on the cards."

Later on, EA posted a job position for an unannounced project with Maxis at the Redwood studio for a senior character artist on February 26, 2020 which very well might be for The Sims 5.

I posted about it on this thread: The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I would love for Paradox to make a sim game. I remember when City Skylines came out and they said they weren’t planning on it. But it seems like they finally are, wonder how long they’ve been working on it and when I it might come out.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well it looks like the article has been taken down. Either from EA or maybe because it was false. Anyway even though I do not believe the Sims 4 is coming very soon I think the announcement will come by 2021 since its existence is already confirmed by Sony's PS5.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?