Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite Expansion Pack?

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2020
    Seasons
    My favorite expansion pack is always 'Seasons'... ever since Sims 2! <3
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    City Living
    City Living was the first pack I bought for The Sims 4 and I played it for a long time before I started buying other packs. I got a lot of enjoyment out of it alone with the base game. I love playing in apartments and I hope we get more. (Fingers crossed because Eco Lifestyle did come with more apartments).
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living. I get the most game play out of it

That is really astonishing! For me, IL is a beautiful "world pack" and a nice stage for other packs, but it is still by far the EP with the smallest gameplay on its own.

It has the most game play for my play style though, by far! Seasons is 2nd, and Get together 3rd, I incorporate those a lot too. City Living/DU are at the bottom, they have pretty much zero game play that would affect my families. I've played them, but yeah, nothing in them really that works in my main save that I play most of the time, at least not more than once or twice, where as IL they always have something to do :)

It's so interesting because I'm kind of the opposite play style as I love Occults and don't have many families and I don't care to play with the conservationist career, but I too, love Island Living and play it all the time. And I think that's one of the things that makes that pack so much better than it first seemed because the gameplay is flexible to different types of players - the build/buy stuff is quite different from other packs as well, so builders have been making some beautiful, airy beach houses and amazing, exotic Mer homes.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Get to Work
    I like how every pack adds sth to the game but my personal favorite is get to work. I like the fact that you get active jobs and you can do so much at work. Generally, I like packs that make my sims more active, if you gey what I mean. And for this reason, I could live without Seasons, because a change in the scenery and some calendar events do not add much to my gameplay.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats & Dogs.

It's the one expansion pack I truly could not live without. Animals are a very important part in my life (I would even go as far to say ARE my life) and not being able to have them in the Sims, which is a life simulator would make it unplayable to me. It's literally the pack that has proved to be most worthwhile to me. And I tend to give a loooottt of townies pets, regardless of the worlds they live in, even the premades.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Seasons
    A_Mom wrote: »
    It was hard to decide which pack to choose - not because they’re all so great but because several have some one element that makes the game for me.

I finally decided upon seasons because I just can’t imagine not having weather in my game. I just wish you could set rain wear instead of having to use the umbrella while outside gardening or jogging. It looks ridiculous.

Rain wear! Great idea!
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is my fave. Wish it had more features Like pop stars and I wish more lots in Del Sol Valley. But I love the acting career especially now it’s fixed. I always use the objects in nearly all my houses. I just love it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Get Together
    Windenburg & the Tudor objects are my fave.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Island Living
    Though ecolifestyle is now my second favorite.
    Island living has a special place in my heart even if there were a lot of missed opportunities. And I use mermaids a LOT.
    A lot of people say it's just beautiful backdrop which to some extent it is.
    But when my mermaid is swimming into the sunset, and the ocean is shimmering under those last rays of sunlight I just fall in love all over again.❤❤❤ the design of the island is lovely too.
    Also I had wanted a beach world for so long. When they finally gave it to us they didn't disappoint (me)😭😭😭

University is my least favorite.

@LiELF I just got rid of my dog yesterday because he's constantly sick!!! And dirty!! I even locked him in and next thing you know he's outside getting sprayed by a skunk, runs up to me foaming at the mouth and dirty after I just washed him. 😑😑😑😑 I don't know what's up with that.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Island Living
    Though ecolifestyle is now my second favorite.
    Island living has a special place in my heart even if there were a lot of missed opportunities. And I use mermaids a LOT.
    A lot of people say it's just beautiful backdrop which to some extent it is.
    But when my mermaid is swimming into the sunset, and the ocean is shimmering under those last rays of sunlight I just fall in love all over again.❤❤❤ the design of the island is lovely too.
    Also I had wanted a beach world for so long. When they finally gave it to us they didn't disappoint (me)😭😭😭

University is my least favorite.

@LiELF I just got rid of my dog yesterday because he's constantly sick!!! And dirty!! I even locked him in and next thing you know he's outside getting sprayed by a skunk, runs up to me foaming at the mouth and dirty after I just washed him. 😑😑😑😑 I don't know what's up with that.

@Babykittyjade Oh man. Sorry about your dog.

It's so frustrating! I don't want to use mods if I don't have to because of the rate of updating them, but I'm thinking the pet illness is something I'm going to need to look into for a mod fix. I think stray pets should be exempt from being sick, and played pets should only get ill once in a great while. And if you play a veterinarian, any ill pets left over in the clinic should be cured when you leave the lot. Ideally, we should have had a toggle for ill pets outside of the veterinarian gameplay.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2020
    Seasons
    Ok, The list goes... Seasons, Cats/Dogs, IL, EL. So far.

I didn't think I would like Seasons. Everyone has made such a fuss over it. But I really like it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons with Cats and Dogs right behind it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Seasons
    Very hard choice for me as I like and use every single one of these packs...all contribute to my style of gameplay. But favorite has to be Seasons as it has affected all the worlds, as it should. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Seasons
    Can't play without seasons it just feels off
    many others i really like but seasons is the one i can't play sims without
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    City Living
    It really depends on what kind of game play I want. Most of the time though I find myself going to San Mayshuno or Sulani. But I'd say City Living mainly for me. I love all the stuff you can do there.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Seasons is the absolute best, the one pack I can’t play without.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I will wait until Eco Lifestyle gets its patch to answer that. But I won't be voting for Seasons, the easy answer, for sure - it's something so integral to Sims 4 that it feels like part of the base game to me.

Island Living, Get To Work? No way. One has its wonderful world, the other has many good assets, but they basically remain at that. Get Famous, City Living and Discover University I love, but these are packs that are decent but could have been even better.

I like the new, the innovative, the surprises, so the battle to me is between Get Together and Eco Lifestyle. Soon I'll be able to tell.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I loved the buggy, uncalled for, pollution pack and I will stand by it!
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2020
    Get Famous
    WOOW This is such a hard decision to make.
    I've bought sims4 with IL, and I seriously loved it. I've never experienced the festivals though..while I was living in town with a teenage mermaid till she died at an elderly age... I'm going to find out how..!! It's my 2nd favourite.

Get famous is a pack i'm really enjoying with the gameplay, although I don't always like the bonusses they get.
    I like the overall style, although it's a small world, the items are amazing, the fact that you can travel to work with them is cool + their awesome point-system.

I've personally bought a lot of these packs while they were 50% off, (2 weeks ago I bought C&D & Seasons that way!) and I am enjoying EVERY pack on it's own way. I like the gameplay features in every pack and the CAS and build items and I am not regretting buying these packs. City Living is amazing in all it's features.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Discover University
    I mean, I knew that Seasons would win this poll (it always does with these things) but I really enjoy Discover University. It's one of the only things in the game that's actually challenging, and I love that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    City Living
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    Get famous is a pack i'm really enjoying with the gameplay, although I don't always like the bonusses they get. I like the overall style, although it's a small world, the items are amazing, the fact that you can travel to work with them is cool + their awesome point-system.

Del Sol Valley is so underrated IMO. I think everyone seen how small the world was and just immediately hated it. I LOVE Mirage Park. I wish that entire street to the corner had buildable lots but I love the alley ways behind the lots and the overall design of it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020
    City Living
    This is probably the pack that I have played the most, I like City Living a lot for different reasons. I like living in apartments, I rarely have the patience to build a large house but apartments are easy to customize. There is always something going on outside the window, and you often don't have to travel to community lots.

The zones are the right size, not too big and not too small, so there are a good amount of sims around all the time, not like in some of the worlds we have gotten which are so big that the areas seem deserted.

I think another reason why I like it is because I have removed a lot of the annoying things in it with mods, all apartments are nice, no annoying neighbors, and the townie generation is reduced.

Seasons is probably the best expansion pack because that pack changes so much, but my favorite expansion pack that I play the most is City Living.

• Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is tops, followed by City Living. I feel they add the most to the gameplay for me.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Seasons
    Cats & Dogs.

It's the one expansion pack I truly could not live without. Animals are a very important part in my life (I would even go as far to say ARE my life) and not being able to have them in the Sims, which is a life simulator would make it unplayable to me. It's literally the pack that has proved to be most worthwhile to me. And I tend to give a loooottt of townies pets, regardless of the worlds they live in, even the premades.

I was debating between Cats and Dogs and Seasons because Cats and Dogs was the one that made me excited about Sims 4 all over again as I love my Sims having animals only when it suits them of course.

I picked Seasons though because Seasons just helps reawaken the game by breaking the perpetual summer and gives a greater sense of time passing. The custom holidays was a nice addition too I just wish there were more traditions and icons to choose from. :)
  • Options
    rosekaparosekapa Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2020
    Seasons
    I mean, I knew that Seasons would win this poll (it always does with these things) but I really enjoy Discover University. It's one of the only things in the game that's actually challenging, and I love that.

The Season wins every time this polls. When I got Discover University, I was very enthusiastic! It is one of my favourite packs! What is your favourite Game and stuff pack?