Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oops, be aware Simmers LOL

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Bizarre fruit fizzy is not a good idea LOL

yuNuDDu.png

nSeAMHn.png

md9zJgK.png

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I used some mushrooms to make juice and I got suspicious fizz. It gave me the same Strangerville effect
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yeah, I think I used tomatoes and it made something suspicious. When my sim started walking strange, I thought it was a glitch. Lol. I didn't even make the connection to the drink...
  • Options
    JoradsonJoradson Posts: 9 New Member
    80% Of the fruit I put in the fizzer becomes suspicious fizz, I was starting to think my sim is just a suspicious sim ! :disappointed:
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I used some mushrooms to make juice and I got suspicious fizz. It gave me the same Strangerville effect

hahaha mushrooms :D Did the effect last long and then return like Strangeville or was it a once off?
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I used tomatoes and it made something suspicious. When my sim started walking strange, I thought it was a glitch. Lol. I didn't even make the connection to the drink...

Oh my goodness something must have been off with your tomatoes :o
    Joradson wrote: »
    80% Of the fruit I put in the fizzer becomes suspicious fizz, I was starting to think my sim is just a suspicious sim ! :disappointed:

mmm thats weird, I have made some successfull grape and strawberry fizz, hope its not a bug for you,

Soooooooo the possessed stage for 3 hours came back at 1:30am during a thunderstorm and my sim decided to go and wander about town, when she came too, she ran for home with the moodlet what am I doing out in this storm hahahahaha
    Jok4THc.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Are these the reused animations for the Sims in SV? Looks like it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah... that’s kind of the point. Drinking juice made from bizarre fruit gives you the same possessed form as eating the fruit itself.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    OMG this is awesome! :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

hahaha mushrooms :D Did the effect last long and then return like Strangeville or was it a once off?

Oh my goodness something must have been off with your tomatoes :o
    Joradson wrote: »

mmm thats weird, I have made some successfull grape and strawberry fizz, hope its not a bug for you,

Soooooooo the possessed stage for 3 hours came back at 1:30am during a thunderstorm and my sim decided to go and wander about town, when she came too, she ran for home with the moodlet what am I doing out in this storm hahahahaha
    Jok4THc.png

NGL, that running animation is hilarious ! XD
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    awesome lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    So now we know the Real mystery of Strangerville. They are just all very drunk !
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It keeps on happening, do you guys have any idea how to get rid of this, will I have to go and fight the Motherplant to heal? I thought it might wear off, but its been four sim days allready :o Just to add, it happens once a day for 3 hours to my sim, this time it was 3am

J6nLrCJ.png
  • Options

Its the Stangerville animations, because she had the Strangerville fruit in a juice.

Yeah... that’s kind of the point. Drinking juice made from bizarre fruit gives you the same possessed form as eating the fruit itself.

Do you know if it will wear off? My sim keep on getting posessed in the early morning hours?
    Busufu wrote: »
    OMG this is awesome! :D

I wish I could say the same, but I was hoping it would wear off, but it seems to be permanent, I might have to and defeat the MOTHER :D
    NGL, that running animation is hilarious ! XD

Its hysterical, her head just flops around with a huge grin on it :D

So now we know the Real mystery of Strangerville. They are just all very drunk !

Hahahahaha :D
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2020
    I found this cheat to purposely infect and then later cure one of my Sims for a Rags to Riches game play on Sulani. I don't remember where I found it, but hope it helps! If you don't use this cheat, your Sim will act possessed every day from around midnight until 4 a.m. At least my Sim did. You'll have to go through the StrangerVille story to cure her otherwise.

You can add or remove this trait with Traits.Equip_Trait Infected or Traits.Remove_Trait Infected with testingcheats on. * Note - Some players may need to use the more specific Strangerville_Infected if that doesn't work.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I like this, but only if it can be cured without needing to replay the entire StrangerVille case. Wasn't there a way top produce a medicine? I thought that was one of the goals for solving the StrangerVille thing?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

It doesn't only happen with bizarre fruit, though. I used tomatoes.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It keeps on happening, do you guys have any idea how to get rid of this, will I have to go and fight the Motherplant to heal? I thought it might wear off, but its been four sim days allready :o Just to add, it happens once a day for 3 hours to my sim, this time it was 3am

J6nLrCJ.png

Yeah look at your sims traits! Might be a “possessed” trait from the bizarre fruit.
    I had that since the first food I found in a dumpster for my starving sim, was a bizarre fruit and after the first effects had worn off it happened again the day after.
    I used mccc to remove the trait 😅
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    So is it only bizarre juice that makes you permanently possessed? Cuz it should be. I'd have thought suspicious fizz would only give you temporary symptoms.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    As much as I enjoy that 'infected' animation, especially when they run with their heads thrown back, I wouldn't enjoy having the effects of fizzy juice last as long as it seems to in your game. That has to be a glitch of some kind because most of the effects caused by drinking fizzy juice are supposed to wear off in a few Sim hours. I'd try a Sim reset or a game repair if it were happening to one of my Sims.
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I found this cheat to purposely infect and then later cure one of my Sims for a Rags to Riches game play on Sulani. I don't remember where I found it, but hope it helps! If you don't use this cheat, your Sim will act possessed every day from around midnight until 4 a.m. At least my Sim did. You'll have to go through the StrangerVille story to cure her otherwise.

You can add or remove this trait with Traits.Equip_Trait Infected or Traits.Remove_Trait Infected with testingcheats on. * Note - Some players may need to use the more specific Strangerville_Infected if that doesn't work.

Thank you, I ended up taking my sim to the lab after I got a hazmat suit and keycard from a previous room I saved, she then made some vaccinations to cure herself, I have now saved those in the gallery as well, so they can always be on hand LOL
    I like this, but only if it can be cured without needing to replay the entire StrangerVille case. Wasn't there a way top produce a medicine? I thought that was one of the goals for solving the StrangerVille thing?

Yip, thanks for the idea, my sim now made a whole lot of the infection cure vaccinations and I saved them too a room in my game as well for future oopsie infections.
    It doesn't only happen with bizarre fruit, though. I used tomatoes.

I might just test some tomatoes next since I have the cure on hand to see what happens.

Yeah look at your sims traits! Might be a “possessed” trait from the bizarre fruit.
    I had that since the first food I found in a dumpster for my starving sim, was a bizarre fruit and after the first effects had worn off it happened again the day after.
    I used mccc to remove the trait 😅

aha, I did that and what do you know, I had the infected trait, did not even know it existed till I read your post LOL. So she then got a cure from the Strangerville lab ;) thanks
    6KrJmlm.png

revgrv wrote: »
    So is it only bizarre juice that makes you permanently possessed? Cuz it should be. I'd have thought suspicious fizz would only give you temporary symptoms.

It looks like it, I have not had other juices causing it yet so can't say 100 percent, but I will be testing the tomato juice next ;)

Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy that 'infected' animation, especially when they run with their heads thrown back, I wouldn't enjoy having the effects of fizzy juice last as long as it seems to in your game. That has to be a glitch of some kind because most of the effects caused by drinking fizzy juice are supposed to wear off in a few Sim hours. I'd try a Sim reset or a game repair if it were happening to one of my Sims.

Mine lasted long because of the actual Bizarre fruit, I will be testing others to see if it is temporary.
  • Options
    If anyone would like the room with vaccinations you can find it here https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A0B1FDCFAF7811EA8B9328CFE1E29599
  • Options
    Soooo tested the tomato juice and it was suspicious.

Ly9ksbw.png

The difference though its temporary not at all permanent and you sim is still able to function even with their funky walk and big eyes :D So pretty harmless, just avoid the Bizarre fruit that one is baaaaaaaad ;)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    :D Yeah, I'll probably try it once, though. Just for a good chuckle.
  • Options
    RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member

It's literally the strangerville infection.

If this is gamers going into 2020, disregarding normal game development practices and going so far as to act like this, I feel sorry for people making games in the future.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2020
    @mcrudd You're welcome! Sounds like you got it all worked out now, cool! I wonder though if the jars of vaccine are available from debug mode. Might not have had to make all those to save. I didn't even think about that until just now. Anyway, thanks for uploading the room with the vaccines for those who might want to use them. If I ever get the pack, I might try using those instead of the cheat. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    :D Yeah, I'll probably try it once, though. Just for a good chuckle.

Hahaha its pretty handy when all the needs go up when they get possessed, gives you time to work on skills ;) Hey and you know where to get a quick anitdote now :D
    Ravenna wrote: »

If this is gamers going into 2020, disregarding normal game development practices and going so far as to act like this, I feel sorry for people making games in the future.

I am loving all the new packs we are getting. I thought it was pretty neat that they included a previous pack in a new one, hence the way why I just had to test that bizarre fruit in the fizzy machine LOL

Karababy52 wrote: »
    @mcrudd You're welcome! Sounds like you got it all worked out now, cool! I wonder though if the jars of vaccine are available from debug mode. Might not have had to make all those to save. I didn't even think about that until just now. Anyway, thanks for uploading the room with the vaccines for those who might want to use them. If I ever get the pack, I might try using those instead of the cheat. :)

Ha once again I never thought of debug, probably was in there hahaha. I just gave my sim the scanner and hazmat suit which I have saved to a room both in my library and on the gallery for safekeeping. Had her go over to the lab and get too work, she had to test it on three infected sims first then got the real infection vacination option. Then I had her visit there a few days to make a stack of them hahahahaha. But yeah everything is sorted and she no longer becomes possessed ;)