Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how would everyone be happy to know that repomen are coming to the sims4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    [quote="taydev;c-17510840"]I thought repo was already a thing? I watched James Turners rags to repayment and he’d have objects confiscated for not paying. And since I don’t actually play I’m confused about this. [/quote]

Until now, the repoman was only available with Discover University and showed up only if the student loan wasn't payed.
    Now, the repoman is a free basegame feature and will come if the bills are not payed, not just the student loan.

I am glad this will be added in. The power and water shutting off if bills are not payed wasn't really challenging for me. If you play off the grid, I don't think it even matters because sims can make their own power and water. So there will be consequences even for off the grid sims.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I usually use the Money cheat for my main save, so won't see him often but I have a couple of saves I don't and that'll be fun
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    @pink_coco10 thank you for the clarification!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Repoman sucks and I wish it wasn't added to the rest of the game
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I haven't played the previous Sims games so I don't see the point of the repoman. Imo it's nostalgia if anything.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    We already had utilities shut off. Why did we need the repoman too? I hated him in the other games too!

@PlayerSinger2010 having the utilities shut off isn't much of a consequence. And it gets even worse now that you can just buy a solar panel and water collector. Repoman is much more punishing and a "quirky" take on mortgage and auctions.

@taydev they only appeared to take stuff from you if you didn't pay your university loans.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gross. I hate the repo man, I hope he only shows up on off the grid lots.

Off the grid lots don’t get bills so I’m not sure how/why the repoman would show up. But maybe they’ve changed the way bills work off the grid.

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Off the grid lots don’t get bills so I’m not sure how/why the repoman would show up. But maybe they’ve changed the way bills work off the grid.

Taxes will be distinguished from utility bills in the new update, so I expect even off the grid sims will have to pay them.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    somewhsome wrote: »

Taxes will be distinguished from utility bills in the new update, so I expect even off the grid sims will have to pay them.

But if off the grid lots don’t have access to utilities how are they getting charged for it?

I mean, I guess they’re gonna charge for the few OTG objects that are available which is kinda lame considering that was one of the distinctions of being OTG in game.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member

But if off the grid lots don’t have access to utilities how are they getting charged for it?

I mean, I guess they’re gonna charge for the few OTG objects that are available which is kinda lame considering that was one of the distinctions of being OTG in game.

I assume they wouldn't be paying for utilities, but they would be paying taxes.
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »

I assume they wouldn't be paying for utilities, but they would be paying taxes.

Okay, that makes more sense l think.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

I mean they'll have to pay taxes, not bills. Now sims are charged for their lot+inventory value too, we just don't know exactly how much. Off the grid lots don't pay any, yes, but I think they will be because of this new system.
    And repo man will make more sense with it. I see him more like an IRS man lol, because taking your stuff when you had not paid your water bill doesn't make much sense, and taking your stuff because you hadn't paid taxes does.