Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Am I allowed to guess? ;)

Oh yeah, go ahead! 🧐
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Justin wrote: »
    I also didn’t like how you can’t really Burn a sim to death with spellcasters.

That would be cold blooded murder. Not suitable for a T rated game.
  • Options

Buuuut it would be so cool :) anyway @Justin you can burn the ground all around the sim 😈
  • Options
    Game packs that would make this simmer so happy: anything sci fi, real estate imperium (owning multiple houses and being able to rent them to townies/npc's), werewolfs, active school.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Eh. There are other ways to murder sims. My favorite is gifting the death flower bouquet. It kills elder sims, but you can also kill other ages by gifting the bouquet to them until they die. I feel it's the most direct way to kill a sim.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Eh. There are other ways to murder sims. My favorite is gifting the death flower bouquet. It kills elder sims, but you can also kill other ages by gifting the bouquet to them until they die. I feel it's the most direct way to kill a sim.

I had no idea. That's amazing. I need a florist, stat!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Indeed indeed, there are many roundabout and indirect ways for sims to kill one another...it all comes down to the creativity of the player... >:)
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

Sure! I will giveaway this pack to anyone who guesses its theme correctly so make sure to win XD I feel this is a very intriguing offer.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I will personally pay you to take a guess!! 🤭🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Maybe it’s that ‘murder’ (I don’t think they’d use a murder tbh) mystery pack idea that SimGuruGrant suggested in the past? Maybe it would be focused on a sim that has mysteriously disappeared and you have to find clues to their location. They were last seen on a train?

I’m just spitballing here!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Maybe it’s that ‘murder’ (I don’t think they’d use a murder tbh) mystery pack idea that SimGuruGrant suggested in the past? Maybe it would be focused on a sim that has mysteriously disappeared and you have to find clues to their location. They were last seen on a train?

So a Bella Goth rip off?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    not every mystery is a bella goth rip off it wasn't that well detail ether so anything they put more time in will be better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited July 2020

So a Bella Goth rip off?

That rip off would be called “The Mysterious Case of Gella Both.”
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

So a Bella Goth rip off?

A rip off would be “The Mysterious Case of Gella Both.”

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    A Small Pets pack would fit with the hints we’ve gotten, (if they are in fact hints, and not us reaching, lol). The only reasons I’m suspicious of it is

1. After MFPS I feel like they would be really really cautious about wading back into pets again?
    2. Is it really a major first? We had small pets in previous games. We have small pets now.
    3. Something about there being so many cats on that roadmap image but no dogs makes me... think. Some way or another. If the hit was pets, I feel like... they would’ve used more pets. But they didn’t. They used cats. And a familiar that is an owl. And images of other animals. That feels... like something else?

The cats are probably just a reference to Nifty Knitting (cats and yarn). The explorer with the spider seems more of an Eco Living reference, which makes me think with the naked gnome, the girl and the owl, that we're getting an open schools pack, which technically would be a MAJOR first (school majors, plus school has always been a rabbit hole up until now). Can't say I'm thrilled though and I definitely won't be getting it as I'm not into the RL life-simming. I suppose they could always do a superhero school, though. It's just that most people want the super pack to be crime focused.

If they do do the super-school pack, I hope that my vampire sims can be superheroes, and not just ordinary sims becoming a new life-state.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member

I think Stranger Ville was that idea. Haven't played it, but like the concept, which could work for a heroes pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Toz91 wrote: »

I think Stranger Ville was that idea. Haven't played it, but like the concept, which could work for a heroes pack.

Yeah but I do remember them saying (after the 'success' of StrangerVille) that they would be open to trying a different story pack idea with this kinda theme. So that's why I just thought of it. I personally would love another story based pack because it just offers a new way to play, I guess but not everyone is into that. I get that.

StrangerVille is a great pack btw and you should definitely try it out, however, it is limited and it definitely suffers because of it. As with most things Sims it is what you make it. Fortunately, I have found a pretty creative (IMO) way to implement the gameplay in a way that gives the pack some longevity after the story is done but I understand that not every Simmer wants to do that.

As a side note, I would also like to add that I think I may have cracked one of the future cube hints: the one with the freezer bunny riding a llama into a battle against a cowplant. The Sims Spark'd - I read the team names on the show (super cute) and instantly thought of this hint. They are all battling for the prize money, pitted against each other in a 'battle'. Just a suggestion but I thought it made a lot of sense... At least it did to me!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    As a side note, I would also like to add that I think I may have cracked one of the future cube hints: the one with the freezer bunny riding a llama into a battle against a cowplant. The Sims Spark'd - I read the team names on the show (super cute) and instantly thought of this hint. They are all battling for the prize money, pitted against each other in a 'battle'. Just a suggestion but I thought it made a lot of sense... At least it did to me!

That makes perfect sense now. So sneaky of them. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    So many nice ideas that people had about that future cube hint and it ends up being about this 😬😕🙄
  • Options
    edited July 2020

That's a very Interesting Theory. Well spotted!

What about the gnome though? Future cube riddle:

"I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder’ly impressive foe."

The gnome sits atop the Llama, 'wielding' a frozen rabbit (as in, using it as a weapon) going into battle against a Cowplant.
    Why a Cowplant? Because of the cake it offers? Or as in, Cashcow?

Are the gnome, bunny and llama the 3 player elements (Stylist/Builder/Storyteller) fighting against or for the cash cow?
    Why 3 against one? Or is it 2 against one (because the bunny is a weapon or an icepop)...

...hmmm..trying to use my head feels like a hangover...I'm overthinking this...

Somehow that Spark'd theory makes sense though! ;)
  • Options
    Haha I couldn't remember the quote exactly, I guess I forgot about the gnome! Thanks for reminding me, though

The team names on Spark'd are:
    Team Freezer Bunny
    Team Cowplant
    Team Gnome
    Team Llama

Figured the wording was just trying to be creative without giving too much away.

Saw it on the SimGuru Twitter thread so I put two and two together and may have come up with 4?
  • Options
    Haha I couldn't remember the quote exactly, I guess I forgot about the gnome! Thanks for reminding me, though

The team names on Spark'd are:
    Team Freezer Bunny
    Team Cowplant
    Team Gnome
    Team Llama

Figured the wording was just trying to be creative without giving too much away.

Saw it on the SimGuru Twitter thread so I put two and two together and may have come up with 4?

Ah! I didn't know the Team names. Now your theory makes perfect sense!
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I think the next GP will be playable schools and/or something school-related for kids and/or teens. The GP will probably be out in September, which would be perfect timing for a "back to school" pack.
    Also, I don't remember in which thread, several people were talking about new notifications about school that they were seeing since the June update (it wasn't caused by a mod nor by Eco Living).
    And Toz91 above said that the owl on the roadmap art might be a clue for school and I agree, owls are often used to represent wisdom and education. In many kids' cartoons, the teacher is an owl, like in Winnie the Pooh for example.
    Finally, in one of the Nifty Knitting trailers, the thought bubble of the elder showed a school.
    It would also fit the "major first".
    We might have a school GP in Sept and a winter theme EP in Nov/Dec ?
  • Options
    flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    > @Chaton said:
    I think the next GP will be playable schools and/or something school-related for kids and/or teens. The GP will probably be out in September, which would be perfect timing for a "back to school" pack.
    Also, I don't remember in which thread, several people were talking about new notifications about school that they were seeing since the June update (it wasn't caused by a mod nor by Eco Living).
    And Toz91 above said that the owl on the roadmap art might be a clue for school and I agree, owls are often used to represent wisdom and education. In many kids' cartoons, the teacher is an owl, like in Winnie the Pooh for example.
    Finally, in one of the Nifty Knitting trailers, the thought bubble of the elder showed a school.
    It would also fit the "major first".
    We might have a school GP in Sept and a winter theme EP in Nov/Dec ?

that toddler is actually June Kay, a sim from the base game that shows up in your library when you buy the sims 4. her description is that she likes to make her own furniture by woodworking which is a hint for the fabrication skill that came with eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @flowersspring said:
    > that toddler is actually June Kay, a sim from the base game that shows up in your library when you buy the sims 4. her description is that she likes to make her own furniture by woodworking which is a hint for the fabrication skill that came with eco lifestyle.
    >

Good to know ! But I didn't mention the toddler, I was only talking about the owl.