Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2020
    jennydb91 wrote: »
    @Toz91: personally I HATE the magic stuff and don't want it in my game - The Sims is a real-life simulation game, after all. My friend is trying to convince me to get the magic game pack, but I remain unconvinced. If I want to play a fantasy game I don't play The Sims.

I would like a high school pack more than a uni pack - the teens are too boring i TS4 now (I don't have Get together, which I understand will help a bit). They don't do anything besides school, homework, sleep and help with chores. Plus some skill building. I would like a more fully-fleshed teen world, with illicit parties, sims being sad because they weren't invited, high school conflicts, teen romance, teen political involvement (protests etc., arguing with their parents about contemporary issues) etc. At this point I haven't met a single teenager besides my own kids, so they have no friends either. I am not too fond of rabbit-hole packs, but if it wasn't a boarding school type of thing but rather that you could follow your kids to school (like with some of the careers) instead of the camera being focused on your house even when no one's there, that wouldn't be all that bad.

I think your suggestion might be it, seems more plausible than some of the other theories here.

Thrn DON'T buy the pack then. The Sims is basically the only life sim I know of that could do what I want. I don't see any indie developed supernatural life simulators where you can create custom characters and live out their lives. Paralives is too far away and unless it has the capacity for decent supernaturals, I'm not leaving Sims.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I Want a Music Game Pack please.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    @jennydb91 wrote: »
    @Toz91: personally I HATE the magic stuff and don't want it in my game - The Sims is a real-life simulation game, after all. My friend is trying to convince me to get the magic game pack, but I remain unconvinced. If I want to play a fantasy game I don't play The Sims.

I’m not entirely sure which game you have been playing...

Just because your personal play style is inspired by real-life, that doesn’t mean that the Sims is a real-life simulation game.
    It has always been a life simulator. A rather ‘fantastical’ life simulator at that: occult life has been very prominent in the franchise from the very beginning.

What’s in the new game pack? Since we’ve had a fair amount of realistic gameplay packs since DU, I personally believe it will be Occult with its release planned for early autumn (perfect with Halloween on the horizon).

I stand by a Gamepack that is inspired by the Happy Haunts community vote pack. It didn’t win as a stuff pack, but I think it won as a Gamepack.
    Gameplay? Well here’s a Major First: Take on the role of the Grim Reaper.

I agree that it almost has to be something fantastic/non-realistic because of the packs that preceded it.
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I think it is a pack that has to do with small creatures. I am going by the assumption that the roadmap posted pages before has clues. There is a guy with what seems like a spider on his shoulder and the the little girl is hugging a bear but it could be that they are adding rabbits or something. There is also the owel. I am not super sure about this theory mostly because i think they would have included renders from my first pet stuff pack in there. Would you guys be into a pack like this? I think it can add some really nice gameplay if done well.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @jennydb91 wrote: »

I’m not entirely sure which game you have been playing...

Just because your personal play style is inspired by real-life, that doesn’t mean that the Sims is a real-life simulation game.
    It has always been a life simulator. A rather ‘fantastical’ life simulator at that: occult life has been very prominent in the franchise from the very beginning.

What’s in the new game pack? Since we’ve had a fair amount of realistic gameplay packs since DU, I personally believe it will be Occult with its release planned for early autumn (perfect with Halloween on the horizon).

I stand by a Gamepack that is inspired by the Happy Haunts community vote pack. It didn’t win as a stuff pack, but I think it won as a Gamepack.
    Gameplay? Well here’s a Major First: Take on the role of the Grim Reaper.

I agree that it almost has to be something fantastic/non-realistic because of the packs that preceded it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice occult pack :smile:
    edited July 2020
    fmil wrote: »
    I think it is a pack that has to do with small creatures. I am going by the assumption that the roadmap posted pages before has clues. There is a guy with what seems like a spider on his shoulder and the the little girl is hugging a bear but it could be that they are adding rabbits or something. There is also the owel. I am not super sure about this theory mostly because i think they would have included renders from my first pet stuff pack in there. Would you guys be into a pack like this? I think it can add some really nice gameplay if done well.

In an old survey, there was a 'The Sims 4: Small Pets' Game Pack option. We don't know how many people voted for that at the time, maybe it was popular and they saved it for a later release. For me, there would have to be an extra theme combined with the small animals for it to not feel like an extension of Cats & Dogs. Like a non-American world with an animal rescue theme or something.. But I would prefer something that's not realistic for the GP.
  • jennydb91jennydb91 Posts: 23 Member
    I saw the "Twitter hint" with the underwater fish.

It made me think: What if this is an underwater/mermaid pack? Where you create underwater cities and play with mermaids only, and they can swim to the shore and befriend Sims up there.

Maybe I'm crazy, it's just a thought :)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

It made me think: What if this is an underwater/mermaid pack? Where you create underwater cities and play with mermaids only, and they can swim to the shore and befriend Sims up there.

What hint?
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited July 2020

I don’t think it’s this. But I really really hope I’m wrong and you’re right, because I’d love more mermaid gameplay.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    A Small Pets pack would fit with the hints we’ve gotten, (if they are in fact hints, and not us reaching, lol). The only reasons I’m suspicious of it is

1. After MFPS I feel like they would be really really cautious about wading back into pets again?
    2. Is it really a major first? We had small pets in previous games. We have small pets now.
    3. Something about there being so many cats on that roadmap image but no dogs makes me... think. Some way or another. If the hit was pets, I feel like... they would’ve used more pets. But they didn’t. They used cats. And a familiar that is an owl. And images of other animals. That feels... like something else?
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    A Small Pets pack would fit with the hints we’ve gotten, (if they are in fact hints, and not us reaching, lol). The only reasons I’m suspicious of it is

1. After MFPS I feel like they would be really really cautious about wading back into pets again?
    2. Is it really a major first? We had small pets in previous games. We have small pets now.
    3. Something about there being so many cats on that roadmap image but no dogs makes me... think. Some way or another. If the hit was pets, I feel like... they would’ve used more pets. But they didn’t. They used cats. And a familiar that is an owl. And images of other animals. That feels... like something else?

My Second Pets Stuffpack sounds silly. Regarding the animals, both cats and owl are nocturnal hunters and they both eat mice. And spiders probably.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

I know right, there has to be a reason for those cats. The hint on the map for Eco Lifestyle is so obvious that it makes me think that there has to be a game pack hint in there, too. Maybe the cats are just referring to Nifty Knitting by the way. They later revealed the animations of cats playing with the balls of yarn
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Could... could it be a reality game show pack? I think that would qualify as a major first. Also it would make sense with that Spark’d show happening.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Could... could it be a reality game show pack? I think that would qualify as a major first. Also it would make sense with that Spark’d show happening.

I hope this is meant as a joke... ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh god. I hope it's anything but a reality show pack. Isn't the Sims already like a reality show? I mean, that's kind of the point. It would be completely redundant.
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @LiELF wrote: »
    Oh god. I hope it's anything but a reality show pack. Isn't the Sims already like a reality show? I mean, that's kind of the point. It would be completely redundant.

GP-09: The Trusim Show.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Game Pack 9: The Sims 4 Music
  • flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    I wonder if the gamepack has to do with competitions? Maybe a hobbies pack where you can compete in a contest against other sims with new skills to see who does it best? It would be like how the festivals work in City Living. This is probably far from the truth but I'm bored okay lol
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited July 2020
    Another animal pack would be very nice. small animals such as rabbits, birds, chinchillas, mice, etc, would be a good addition.

I’m open for some more occult’s as well however. Either would be fine with me. Hoping it’s one of those two.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I would hope for a mermaid pack
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

I mean all the fame gameplay from Get Famous already lets you play as though you're in a reality show (hell, The Sims vanilla is a reality show simulator--cram people into a house, drama ensues).

Not even remotely a major first for The Sims 4. Heck, it's not even a first for the series.
    wJbomAo.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Toz91 wrote: »
    It's probably a high-school GP. Not for me. I hate University both Sims 3&4. I can't see any more rabit-hole packs being anything but boring. And don't you think having University Life is enough, people?
    That’s funny loved University in the Sims 3 but I hate the Sims 4 one it got rid of everything that made University (in the sims grate) I mean you can’t even play kitchen tennis in the new one.

STUDENTS LISTEN UP

Kitchen tennis is a fun game to play in the kitchen it’s just like real tennis but you are using a satsuma for a ball and frying pans for bats you play it across The kitchen you score just like normal tennis but the looser of each game needs to take a shot

The looser if the entire game is the person that brakes the satsuma I can as you can Imagine get very messy.

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I mean all the fame gameplay from Get Famous already lets you play as though you're in a reality show (hell, The Sims vanilla is a reality show simulator--cram people into a house, drama ensues).
    [/i].

I’m not talking about reality like Rea Housewives. I’m talking about game shows like Wipeout, wheel of fortune. stuff like that. A pack that lets our sims compete in game shows.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I am not sure that you remember this from Eco Lifestyle live stream:

sims.png

Martial arts maybe?