Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Features and Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    VOTING - Not really fitting the theme but cool. Could've been in a free update.

The Community Action Plans (or NAPs!) is very core to the theme ;)

I’ve just read more into that and understand it better now. Didn’t warm to it at first but starting to more. I think my initial reaction was, what is a pack about eco living going to do. Just add solar pannels. But now i’ve seen and read more I think I can see the visions. Sounds cool!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I think ladders are probably part of the patch, since it's a build mode feature. Normally new build features come in the patch. Maybe the one in the trailer does come with Eco Lifestyle and there's another one added with the base game. I remember they did the same thing with TS3 Island Paradise, they added a free one in the patch and one or two other models in the pack.

SimGuruGeorge just confirmed this:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just watched the trailer again and I think there's some canned food and also some weird looking bottles that are not fizzy juice. 0:36 on the sales tables if you want to check out.

Edit: On another thought it's probably fizzy juice in a can...
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I hope the pollution feature stays in Evergreen Harbor and not other worlds. Imagine having to clean up all worlds every time you start a new save file. That would get annoying really quick. Unless they give us an option to turn that feature off in the settings.
  • Options
    I hope the pollution feature stays in Evergreen Harbor and not other worlds. Imagine having to clean up all worlds every time you start a new save file. That would get annoying really quick. Unless they give us an option to turn that feature off in the settings.

Agreed because sometimes seasons gets on my nerves for that reason

• Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I just watched the trailer again and I think there's some canned food and also some weird looking bottles that are not fizzy juice. 0:36 on the sales tables if you want to check out.

Edit: On another thought it's probably fizzy juice in a can...

I saw that! Maybe that’s an improvement of the mixology skill? Like you could sell the drinks you make?

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I would hope not, that it works on the other worlds just like Seasons. That would actually be game changing gameplay! But here's the thing, there's no pollution feature, it's just a prop change like how it is in Strangerville and Sulani.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I would hope not, that it works on the other worlds just like Seasons. That would actually be game changing gameplay! But here's the thing, there's no pollution feature, it's just a prop change like how it is in Strangerville and Sulani.

But then you’d have to clean up every world you go in. What if I wanna build but when I upload to YouTube or the gallery, the sky is green and murky?

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

But then you’d have to clean up every world you go in. What if I wanna build but when I upload to YouTube or the gallery, the sky is green and murky?

This should be optional of course. Gurus have already said that community spaces can be placed in other worlds too. What if this triggers the changes to begin?
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    @somewhsome that's what I thought and it would be awesome. Also the way I understand it, if you leave the space as is for too long trash comes back and the environment declines.

In that case, if you can place it in any world triggering the event and it is a continuous struggle not a once fixed it's fixed thing, it would be a great meachanism and EP worthy.

Now going further. They love to recycle like the vampire system in GF and Magic.
    They could recycle this with a crime thing in a future pack. One thing placed in a new world triggers crime and it is a consistent fight.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2020
    What do you think????

Personally I'm a little disappointed. From the trailer it seems they're Passing off a game pack as a £35 expansion pack. I think I'll be giving this one a miss.

But i'm interested to see what others think

In case you haven't seen the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ce9VSNsjE

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    <EA_Lanna removed bait>

Now, what do I think? The initial leak didn't excite me, but that trailer does. This pack is easily worth the sticker price to me for the urban industrial seaport setting alone, and the range of gameplay items looks good. CAS looks good. BB looks good. I am looking forward to it.

also, try here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Yeah it's obviously something that should be a gamepack considering the content while the magic realm should have been an expansion and not some little game pack.

Not that it matters as long as all sims have the same personality. They should just make an expansion that focuses completely on adding more traits and making sims unique beings, as it is they act the same regardless of traits and never take initiative in anything.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I find it great! Things that i like: juice making, canning, candle making, creating furniture from garbage... all four new hobbies and skills to pursue. The town itself. I love the fact that i can play it to make it better or worse. I can see generations on my legacy playing one way and others the other way, making very different stories. I love the community shared space and the voting thing and it has been confirmed that it can be used in any world. I love the cas! Love the container builds! So different from what we have! It seems that there will be health conditions related to pollution. The solar panels and all other alternative ways to produce your own energy. Both carrers, maker/crafter and the town designer (i don't know how to say it in english...?). The vertical gardens. All this is stuff that i want for my game. So im happy!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    You could have said so in any existing discussion thread.

If it is not worth your money here's an idea: DON'T BUY IT.

Trolling is not a helpful response.

Now, what do I think? The initial leak didn't excite me, but that trailer does. This pack is easily worth the sticker price to me for the urban industrial seaport setting alone, and the range of gameplay items looks good. CAS looks good. BB looks good. I am looking forward to it.

also, try here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions

I do not see any trolling from the original post. People are allowed to share their opinions even if this pack isn't for them.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

I do not see any trolling from the original post. People are allowed to share their opinions even if this pack isn't for them.

I notice this person hijacks ALL the negative posts about Eco Living...they need to chill!
    This person was by no means trolling, and Sindocat is just coming off a rude at this point.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »

How am I trolling???

I also didn't notice any previous discussions, if you can link one to me great, i'll ask the mods to move my post. No need to get pi$$y over nothing

its okay you didn't do anything wrong this guy has been acting like that in every thread that complies about the pack
    so its not you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,458 Member
    I would recommend flagging and ignoring users who disrupt threads.

OP, you did nothing wrong.

As for my own opinion, I still think we need to learn more about the pack to truly understand it, but I strongly feel that this theme is too niche to be an EP and it should have been a game pack. I'm disappointed that an EP budget was used on a subject that has already been pushed into other packs. Had this not already been a "thing", I would feel a little more accepting of the Eco theme, but still believe it should have been a GP.

To make an example, it's like if we suddenly got a Wizarding school expansion pack. Now, I'd definitely like this, but I wouldn't fault people for being upset because we already have Realm of Magic and Discover University so it's a repetitive theme and there are much more important concepts that have been repeatedly requested by players and core content that has been absent for far too long (in my opinion).
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Wow! It looks pretty plum cool to me!

And ladders FINALLY!!! :oB)
    HzJNiTj.png

The whole concept seems almost 'Sim City' like!

Check out James Turner's thoughts. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NbXkjJNM4
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I would recommend flagging and ignoring users who disrupt threads.

OP, you did nothing wrong.

As for my own opinion, I still think we need to learn more about the pack to truly understand it, but I strongly feel that this theme is too niche to be an EP and it should have been a game pack. I'm disappointed that an EP budget was used on a subject that has already been pushed into other packs. Had this not already been a "thing", I would feel a little more accepting of the Eco theme, but still believe it should have been a GP.

To make an example, it's like if we suddenly got a Wizarding school expansion pack. Now, I'd definitely like this, but I wouldn't fault people for being upset because we already have Realm of Magic and Discover University so it's a repetitive theme and there are much more important concepts that have been repeatedly requested by players and core content that has been absent for far too long (in my opinion).

I feel the same why @LiELF
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    We don't need these threads here in general chat, too. There are plenty in the pack discussion section.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    edited May 2020
    @luthienrising - I was just going to post about this.. I am very confused. What on earth is going on in that picture!!

Although I can see the giphy is tagged #labmeat
    So - it's grown meat? Now this is odd, but you know, I like it. The Sims are odd! They do weird things, so I don't mind something bonkers like this.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    @luthienrising - I was just going to post about this.. I am very confused. What on earth is going on in that picture!!

So - it's grown meat? Now this is odd, but you know, I like it. The Sims are odd! They do weird things, so I don't mind something bonkers like this.

Given the tag and that it's outdoors, moving the p. 1 post to "plants" for now!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

Meat is an environmental concern, not just because cattle produce methane, but more because of massive deforestation that is occurring to open range to graze more cattle to meet rising demand for beef. There are other, different, but also vexing ecological issues around a lot of meat-based agriculture. And one proposed solution, that has been successfully demonstrated as feasible in 2013, is lab-grown or cultured meat, produced from cell samples, not from whole, live animals. The hashtag #labmeat references this. But IRL, it isn't (yet) grown in wall-gardens. ;)