Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Features and Thoughts

Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
What are your thoughts on this pack? I’m going to list a few features i saw in the trailer and my opinion on them. Please add any you noticed.

LADDERS - Super excited for this, not really sure why it’s took so long as there are basically ladders in Island Living (coincidental?).

VOTING - Not really fitting the theme but cool. Could've been in a free update.

SOLAR PANNELS AND WIND TURBINES - If it means no bills, I’m all for it.

CANDLE MAKING - Hope it’s not as bad as the pumpkin carving because I’m getting major vibes but I guess it goes with the Knitting Pack really well.

SOME NEW ANIMAL? - Still don’t know what it was but whatever he took out of that box?

CLEANING THE TOWN UP - I hope this works like seasons and effects all towns, not just that one. Island living there is only one area it effects. Also, while we’re on the topic of Island Living. Does this not feel a LOT like it?

FLIES AND ILLNESS - Maybe if the town is dirty your sims have more chance of getting ill. This may also mean new illnesses.

RECYCLING - The bins at the start could just be a new outside bin but for realistic gameplay, i hope they make more use of bins. A bin man career? IRL you don’t just put stuff in a bin and it’s gone, also the sim who is creating something with old materials, that could also indicate something new with bins. Maybe your sims can rummage and get materials?

CAR BOOT SALES? - Maybe this is an expansion of the flea market? Fits in well with the Kitting Pack’s new Plopsy feature.

3D PRINTING? - The lady who make that weird mechanical thing looked like she was using a 3D printer type of thing.

Obviously not all of these are confirmed, they are just my guesses.

I’m a little disappointed because no one asked for this but i think if it’s done well it could be good? I just don’t think it’s EXPANSION worthy. If it was a Game Pack or Stuff Pack i’d be SUPER excited but i’m a little disappointed. What’s Your Opinion?
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    **ONLY MY OPINIONS**

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm here for cuddling grubs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2020
    in the Video 0:45 in his hand....is that a baby chicken?
    because it looks like it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Nectar making too
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I can't wait to see all the fun and exciting content children will get to do

:' )
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I think the box is a bug hotel, since there are different bugs on/in it in different shots. They basically attract polinators to your garden. There were also caterpillar-like worms in the trailer, but I'm assuming those are supposed to function like earthworms for your garden (as well as pets? (Snuggling in trailer)).
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I thought that too, even managed to audibly deceive myself into hearing chirping :) It's a big yellow worm though.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    yeah i think it is a big yellow worm i had to watch it a few times..
    edited May 2020
    One of the things i like more is that there are more activities that sims can live of like nectar making, candle making, furniture making out of garbage... and i like the idea of making the community space different everytime depending on how you vote. And also having a super dirty place and leaving it be like that for some stories...
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I'd be more on board if it came with a lot of new things for kid sims to do like gardening, playing with bugs, and recycling. Another pack with nothing for kids will be a huge dissapointment for me personally.

I agree all the worlds need to be polluted or have just as much chance to grow cleaner and more natural. (Even little stuff lime more birds, butterflies, squirrels if it's clean and rats, flies, and raccoons if it's polluted).

Rn this does not feel like an expansion to me but I don't have enough info on it.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think that this pack boasts an amalgamation of things that people were asking for. You've got a grimy world, ladders, salvaging, various new crafting methods, etc.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I thought the animal looked like a little chick. Hoping that they'll have some farm animals? Loving the idea of the city being left dirty unless you choose to clean it. Plus there are some items that look 'round around the edges', which will make for fun additions. We barely know anything about the pack, and so far I'm liking what I see, but I need more details on how things are supposed to work.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I thought the animal looked like a little chick. Hoping that they'll have some farm animals? Loving the idea of the city being left dirty unless you choose to clean it. Plus there are some items that look 'round around the edges', which will make for fun additions. We barely know anything about the pack, and so far I'm liking what I see, but I need more details on how things are supposed to work.
    It’s a caterpillar type of bug not a baby chick
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

'If players choose not to take action, they may see the bounds of nature retreat as junk accumulates on property and air pollution levels rise.'

This interested me. So the default start isn't the worst the world can be? Does this suggest that if you choose for your sims to revert to old ways that the world will regress? That would be fun.
    I really want the system to effect every world I have and not just the new one. But I suspect it won't. I can also imagine that a lot of simmers would be really angry if their perfect world scenarios suddenly got polluted as I see people complaining that the world is gross.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I would buy it full price if ALL the worlds could get polluted and disgusting, but I think it will only be the 1 world sadly.
    Some of the features sound really cool, but I'm skeptical of how replayable it will be.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    The press release mentions a Civil Design career so I'm guessing one of the branches will be urban planning/design focused. Not sure what the other branch will be, my immediate thought is civil engineering focussing on sanitation and waste but I'm guessing it will be very different such as advocacy, public art, parks and recreation, public transportation etc.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    'If players choose not to take action, they may see the bounds of nature retreat as junk accumulates on property and air pollution levels rise.'

This interested me. So the default start isn't the worst the world can be? Does this suggest that if you choose for your sims to revert to old ways that the world will regress? That would be fun.
    I really want the system to effect every world I have and not just the new one. But I suspect it won't. I can also imagine that a lot of simmers would be really angry if their perfect world scenarios suddenly got polluted as I see people complaining that the world is gross.

It interested me too! That's the most interesting feature in this pack to me, polluting the world and making it super grungy. I wish it applied to all worlds, but I doubt it!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thetford wrote: »
    The press release mentions a Civil Design career so I'm guessing one of the branches will be urban planning/design focused. Not sure what the other branch will be, my immediate thought is civil engineering focussing on sanitation and waste but I'm guessing it will be very different such as advocacy, public art, parks and recreation, public transportation etc.

I'm actually skeptical that the press release author got it right. The press release is basically a slight paraphrase of the Origin feature description... which does not capitalize "civil designer" or call it a career. I think the press release author may have misinterpreted the feature description. @SimGuruGeorge was interviewed for a quote in the press release and can maybe clarify. It could be the Origin listing that's inconsistent with their usual caps.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Thetford wrote: »

I think i read landscaping. At least in my language that's what i think i read...
  • SimGuruFrostSimGuruFrost Posts: 55 SimGuru (retired)
    VOTING - Not really fitting the theme but cool. Could've been in a free update.

The Community Action Plans (or NAPs!) is very core to the theme ;)

Just watched Deligracy’s video, she made a valid point that it could be a bird?

OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think that this pack boasts an amalgamation of things that people were asking for. You've got a grimy world, ladders, salvaging, various new crafting methods, etc.

Ladders shouldn’t have been a selling point for an EXPANSION Pack! That should’ve been free and I’m hoping we get some free even if you don’t have the pack (like the sun loungers, stilts and stuff that came with Island Living but also in a free update). Not to mention, we already had the animation, there’s a ladder into water in Island Living!

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

Just watched Deligracy’s video, she made a valid point that it could be a bird?

That's a big fat juicy worm, you can also see them crawling on the outside of the bug hotel in the trailer. In another released picture you can see crickets. I wonder if sims will be able to eat them.
    bixters wrote: »
    I would buy it full price if ALL the worlds could get polluted and disgusting, but I think it will only be the 1 world sadly.
    Some of the features sound really cool, but I'm skeptical of how replayable it will be.

Agreed. Something I’m also questioning is what if your sim doesn’t want to spend life cleaning and you want to try some other game play. For example, you don’t HAVE to go to Uni, or live in Sulani or have a cat or dog. So what if I wanna play without the dirty world, is it always going to be dirty and mucky because that might get annoying.

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think ladders are probably part of the patch, since it's a build mode feature. Normally new build features come in the patch. Maybe the one in the trailer does come with Eco Lifestyle and there's another one added with the base game. I remember they did the same thing with TS3 Island Paradise, they added a free one in the patch and one or two other models in the pack.