May 29 - It's Friday. What does that mean on The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!

What's your favorite TS2 feature?

MariLxMariLx Posts: 30 Member
Hello everyone!

I've spent my entire childhood playing TS2, and a few weeks ago, by the sake of nostalgia, I bought The Sims 2 Super Collection (which is the Mac's version of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) and I'm overwhelmed with all the features of the game I didn't remember and/or haven't noticed when I was younger.

So please help me by letting me know: what do you enjoy most while playing the sims 2? What's a cool feature I should look for?

Thank you! :heart:
And happy swimming :smiley:

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,974 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:
    I still enjoy the Group outings feature. Setting the Groups on the phone lets us make one phone call to invite their friends over to go out.

I like the Businesses. I like taking the family on vacations (after I edit the vacation lots for kid activities, too).

Hope you have fun! :mrgreen:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,632 Member
    edited May 2
    I love the way apartments, university and vacations work. I also like the dating feature in TS2 - not so much the meter, but how you can fulfill the other sims wants at the same time as your own sim. I like the rewards that get left after a date as well.

Edit - Oh, I also love the little things, like how children run to greet their parents when they get home from work, and how children have different dance styles than adults, and even toddlers wiggle around to music while sitting on their bums on the floor :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,448 Member
    I like the small things added to kids, like how babies have identifiable genetics and children can jump on their beds. I also like genetics as a whole with its dominant and recessive traits. One thing I DON’T like about TS2 is firstborn syndrome, but luckily, it hasn’t been a problem for me so far.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 1,900 Member
    My favourite feature... It's hard, there are many that i love. But i may say memories is what i miss more.
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 30 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I like the small things added to kids, like how babies have identifiable genetics and children can jump on their beds. I also like genetics as a whole with its dominant and recessive traits. One thing I DON’T like about TS2 is firstborn syndrome, but luckily, it hasn’t been a problem for me so far.

What is the firstborn syndrome?

telmarina wrote: »
    My favourite feature... It's hard, there are many that i love. But i may say memories is what i miss more.

Yes! I am in love with memories!
    The first thing I do when I start playing with pre-made sims is to check their memories ahahah
    Thank you all for the cool tips! I'll be sure to check them out :wink:
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,425 Member
    MariLx wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »

What is the firstborn syndrome?

Here's a link that explains it: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Pregnancy#Rolling_the_Pacifier_and_Firstborn_Syndrome
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 533 Member
    I have the Ultimate Collection on Windows so I have every game that came out in that series. My favorite features are University, memories, chemistry, jealousy, fighting, community lots, and attraction.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited May 7
    My favorite feature is the story album where you can type and add photos to slides. I used to write my own books in there (Well as far as the character count would take me). I only wish it had a little editor in there for bold,italic, and no character limit. I had so many stories *glossy eyed stare in the distance*

nq2pd7nh67j01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b2969258586439e3854142bec016bf533af7315e
    300?cb=20190521091751

Sims 5. Please be great.

• miwa09miwa09 Posts: 164 Member
    Oooh, there's so much! Memories, photo album, unique babies (which are not tied to their bassinets!) and all the tiny details which makes every play session so enjoyable! And the hilarious expressions of the sims!
    And somehow it's easier to manage sims' needs in TS2 than it is in TS4. Or maybe it's just because I've spent so much more time with TS2 than 4 that it's gotten pretty easy to me...
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 30 Member
    The attraction system and the furious system. It just adds so much needed gameplay dynamics that I absolutely love. I love it how sims that are furious with your sims would just steal your newspaper or kick your can at random times because it actually made rivalries kind of meaningful. I really like the Sims 2's reputation system as well since the perks you can get by either being a model citizen who gets along with everyone in public or the nuisance that everyone wants to avoid.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 480 Member
    Oh wow, I just like everything. I don’t think I can pick a favorite.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 269 Member
    Memories
    Chemistry system
    Bringing a friend or coworker home
    The wants and fears system
    The aspirations, they actually have influence on the wants/fears of your Sims unlike the Sims 4
    The party's

But my favorite thing to do/watch is when a family is having dinner or breakfast together and they are just talking. It's so wholesome and I love to see everyone together.

And I feel like everything is meaningful. Like childhood friends that become lovers as teen and when they grow up to adult you still have to option to make them fall in love or to just be friends.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    Female, 23 y/o from the Netherlands.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 26 Member
    Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I love when the kids greet their parents after work. They run up to them and hug them. It's the little details that make the TS2 memorable.