Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lightning never strikes twice huh...

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
ok i just have to ask…. does half my lawn furniture/ornaments have to be zapped to ashes every single time a thunderstorm is raging?? a little bit overkill guys… i know you can turn it off but especially in autumn surprise weather still causes them to randomly occur and each single time it destroys half of my lawn furniture >.< one is raging in my game atm and thunderbolts have already hit something in my lawn three times in a row. two lounge chairs and my meditation bench are already nothing but ashes and it is still going (they last for hours ingame time so more of my stuff will probabely get fried…)

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    While I feel your pain I'm far more annoyed about how often it rains in game. And I know I scheduled the backyard wedding on a day where there was no rain in the forecast. Had to have my Sims purchase that weather controller thingie, just to keep the bride, groom, and guests from getting soggy! You should look around your yard when the storm is over. Often there is a gem or something of that sort to make the thunder strikes easier to digest, as in compensation for the lost lawn furniture. My Sims got a rare gem, once.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Arie03Arie03 Posts: 22 Member
    My sims seem to attract the lighting. I have a male sim and his son who live in two different worlds (both adults) that almost always get struck if they go outside during a storm. Even got the electrify power once. Also it rains a lot in my game as well. I don't mind the rain but it does seem to lag my game a little with it does storm badly. Love the effects from the storms through, especially the monsoon in Sulani. It'll scare me, its shakes my laptop :).
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    While I feel your pain I'm far more annoyed about how often it rains in game. And I know I scheduled the backyard wedding on a day where there was no rain in the forecast. Had to have my Sims purchase that weather controller thingie, just to keep the bride, groom, and guests from getting soggy! You should look around your yard when the storm is over. Often there is a gem or something of that sort to make the thunder strikes easier to digest, as in compensation for the lost lawn furniture. My Sims got a rare gem, once.

yep...2 rare minerals for a total of 300$ damage cost 2350$.... yeah not worth the damage. i also dislike the fact lightning strikes on stuff or sims is way too crazily common. wanna get hit by lightning? easily done in this game haha just walk outside and it should happen.

i hardly ever see it rain in Del Sol Valley (does weather even happen in that area at all???) or Oasis Springs so you could move there to tackle this problem.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Can I join your club guys? I have a lot in Glimmerbrook that has been struck by lightning so many times that I have given up on replacing the scorched outdoor furniture. Moreover my sims can't seem to escape the rain. If they try to visit supposedly sunnier neighbourhoods, the rain always follows them.
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    My sim got struck by lightning twice in a row and then his eyes were glowing. They would occasionally throw sparks of energy in front of him....have never seen that before...
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can I join your club guys? I have a lot in Glimmerbrook that has been struck by lightning so many times that I have given up on replacing the scorched outdoor furniture. Moreover my sims can't seem to escape the rain. If they try to visit supposedly sunnier neighbourhoods, the rain always follows them.

yeah haha join the club. i never bother with outdoor furniture anymore either :P even if you turn off lightning storms you'll still get spammed with them on "surprise weather days anyways and yeah… Always same story: half my lawn gets barbecued every time

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Poor Patchy. I lost him to a lightning strike lol
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    This is why I have a lightning rod. Basically a pillar that has a s many smallest lights on it as possible. It's 100% effective, but it does tend to attract lightning.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Does that really work in game? To me it seems that lightning is attracted by just about anything, not just lights. But then I don't have any lights in the yard. Guess I'll give this a try.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If SEA OF THIEVES has taught me anything, it's that lightning CAN strike twice in the same place (my poor crewman)!

As for SEASONS pack, I'm not sure. I don't have it, since I have a bit of lagging issue in my game. I don't know if the weather would add to it but I don't want to try it.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    If SEA OF THIEVES has taught me anything, it's that lightning CAN strike twice in the same place (my poor crewman)!

As for SEASONS pack, I'm not sure. I don't have it, since I have a bit of lagging issue in my game. I don't know if the weather would add to it but I don't want to try it.

well with seasons your backyard will look like a battlefield aftermath every time hahaha. the weather does add to the immersion of the game...the holidays howerver are underwhelming to put it mildly...nothing but a checklist yawnfest causing sims to autonomously complain about free drinks day all day long....can someone seriously complain about free drinks??? well...the sims can!