Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlocking babies...

Did you know you can't give birth on vacation? My male Sim got pregnant from aliens and we went into the wilderness to use up some vacation time to try to give birth and abandon it. He was in labour for a week before I gave up and it just popped out the moment we got home.

Also I remember the time my Sim got pregnant and I thought she was just getting fat. I had her desperately excercising most of the day and when it came out she was suddenly super-buff.

Anyway, I read news on a big bug patch this year and I thought, maybe this is it. Maybe this is the year we get proper Sims 4 babies?

Whether we get them or not, what would you want to see?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Unlocking babies... 206 votes

All the way! I want to play as a baby!
25%
aprilrosePseudonymssam123bandcampsquirrelxdawnxANNETTE1951marcel21KaeChan2089davina1221smurf45blueRamblineRosePlumbobCrossingCary1213mikawagBabykittyjadeHarukotyanmercy55funGracieO312slvrlipes82Ivyeyed 52 votes
Mostly - clothes, crawling around, more interactions and ways to influence them - something on the level of kittens?
47%
Bluegayleauroraael14mikepapaycikcatmom1987rudy8292djacquelynstewalexspoom13IceyJdreamergrl84juliekayeIsb917aricaraiasimbsimStrangerthanCynnaluthienrisingfruitsbasket101mock68VageniusBluelle 98 votes
Somewhat - at least let my baby do more than cry and gurgle!
10%
IcewolflisamwittCamkatcornflake88Irdiwenpurplestarz2006taydevDoloresGreyKathykinsKirbycatPotterheadSimLouise_G0325LinzzEvilyn_1007Patricepopstarsleysarabeth2984AngeliqueAdelaideamber_ilumireDaWaterRat 22 votes
Nah, I'm lazy - they're fine in the crib.
14%
PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettBloosmooMariefoxprice83JestTruShanMindofypigtailz82determigKhrisstyneSindocatParmaViolet87adele_katJackOnYourBackRedShoe7AuronoiChieftainTheRedLionMondaysuvoltaMaiaPlaysSims 29 votes
Why would I want babies? I'm focusing on my career as a party-crasher!
2%
shadyladynzLizzychicagoEnkiSchmidtLady_BalloraCBook 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm actually somewhere between Mostly and Somewhat.

I don't really want them fully mobile like pets/Kittens, but I would like more interactions and some ability to customize them. What I've been saying I'd like is additional items (Bouncy chair, play mat, play pen, maybe a baby bath) that your sim can move the baby between. So it's still tied to items, but you can have several items around the house and move the baby to whichever is closest to where you want your adult sim skilling up. (A baby sling or baby carrier would be cool too, but I think the technical issues to get those to work would be pretty significant.)

And the ability to change the onsie. I'm okay with only having like 4 baby skin tones (including Alien) and no influence on the baby's face. I just would like different onsies.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm not particularly fussed. I chose the option that I'm fine with the babies being in the crib. If they are given greater functionality in a free patch, or otherwise in a pack I want for other reasons, I'll take advantage, but I don't feel strongly about the subject. I probably wouldn't buy a baby stuff pack, for example.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I don't mind them in the crib, but I wish there were more interactions, Also a bit more randomness with their needs. Have some babies that are maybe more needy than others instead of needing to be fed, cuddled and changed exactly every 8 hours
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    They've already stated that we're not getting a game changing update in these next 6 months, which is exactly what overhauled babies would be, and I can't imagine them waiting until the end of the year to do something so major, so sadly I doubt it's happening at all.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'd love real babies. I would prefer to play them, I want them to move around, learn how to crawl, show genetics (this is very important to me as a generational player). I want clothes for them and toys, playpens, strollers - I would definitely buy a baby stuff pack and I cross my fingers we will get a baby gamepack this year.

They said that the gamepack is something that has never done before and we never had really advanced babies, even TS2 babies didn't REALLY show genetics, they didn't learn how to crawl or to stand up and they didn't have their own wardrobe and toys. There never was a "baby pack", so I keep my fingers crossed and hope for it. I know that lots of family players feel the same.

And be aware of the fact that many occult players are also family/generational players and it's a shame toddlers and children were left out from occult gameplay as they were. A gamepack like that could also come with an update that leads to the the occult lifestages in babies to children to show a little more, e.g. learn first spells and do magic pranks for children (and teens of course) or have toddlers experience "magic accidents" because they don't know how to control their powers yet. I am not much of an occult player, but it would appeal to me that way and I know that lots of occult players would love it!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Mostly - clothes, crawling around, more interactions and ways to influence them - something on the level of kittens?
    I don't neec to play them, but if they had more "life", more interactions, then i wouldn't age them up immediatly after thy're born as i do now.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I would love it if they brought back the playpens and walkers from Sims 3, also miss the changing table w/baby bath, and while we are on the subject I would like to see the child toy oven come back. I loved that thing, also liked the cute stand that kids could sale their baked goods at. Babies/Children were so much more fun in Sims 3, plus they actually acted like kids unlike Sims 4 where Children are simply little adults.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Playing at them would be neat, I guess. But I don't see anything exciting about playing as a sim that can't do anything outside of eating, crawling and pooping.

But interacting with them would be fun. I just want to take them out of the house for family gatherings and picnics. Anything more would be a bonus for me.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I usually can't wait for the babies to age up to toddlers, so I don't mind them just being objects.
  • Options
    Barney111Barney111 Posts: 20 Member
    I think babies having a bit more of a personality would be cool! Being able to change their outfits maybe be able to offer them like a dummy or comforters things like that. Having different style cots would be nice aswell previous sims had cool style cots for the babies, i know you can have ones from vampire pack but they are more like moses baskets, having a cot with the sides like old games. Feel like im rambling and not making much sense i apologise lol. Adding to your family is one of my favourite parts of sims so love this section.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I think I would be fine with a couple of extra interactive items (e.g. changing table, baby stroller and/or bath) and more choices for the crib and onesie. I hate that default crib so much right now! I think being able to teach them how to crawl would also be kind of nice but it shouldn't be available right after birth but rather right before becoming a toddler, it could then transition to teaching the toddler how to stand and walk.
    I don't really care if they don't have a real "personality" though but being randomly assigned "difficulty" levels (e.g. quiet vs fussy) would be a cool gameplay addition.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    This option seems interesting because it can be very challenging for the developers to allow us to play as a baby Sims. More than anything, I hope that with the baby update, it can come with the memory system too because it would be one of the important features if we really want to immerse in every Sims life stages.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Whatever they would add to babies, I'd probably try once, then continue to age them up 5 minutes after birth.
  • Options
    Chrissy344Chrissy344 Posts: 7 New Member
    Definitely option 1. I so miss the babies from sim2 and 3 and really want them to do more than cry and poo. Honestly, I would like an overhaul on all three early life stages as there is just not a lot to do w/ kids, tots and babies.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Option 1 is what I want to see I'd love to see them play more than a newborn and more so be the first year so yeah i think they should play as a Sim not as a kitten.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Kind of rude to call me a lazy player simply because I think babies have ALWAYS been boring. At least if they're confined to the crib I can't lose them. Looking at you, Sims 2. 😡
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I miss my parent sims interacting with their babies like in Sims 3.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2020
    Passies( round and square)
    Baby mat- Sims3 hanging toys
    Stroller and multiples stroller
    Pram choices
    Tall Baby beds like in Sims3
    Baby sling to carry
    Baby carrier for sim's backs
    Car seat
    New type infant holder for floor
    Blankie to cuddle
    Small toys to hold- rattler, small mirror, small plush
    Chew toys- ring, flat bear,

Different bottles- glass ones can break if dropped
    liner bottles, bottles with characters
    Baby juice
    Formula to mix
    Baby bathtub
    Ability to put lotion and other products on
    Small bows for infant girls
    Green thing to suck out mouth/nose
    Baby album
    Baby monitor

Baby shower & gender reveal parties

Ability to buy/use lotion, no tears wash, powder, diapers, colic med, and cream for diaper rash

Thermometer

Cloth and disposable diapers- ouch with the pins

Baby plate/spoon set for baby rice & oatmeal- hand wash in sink

Playpen to lay in- ability to if made for toddlers

Baby bags(characters on them, flowers) hold stuff like treasure chests or acts as the infants personal inventory

Stork and other patterns for a t-shirt for preggers
    Feeling baby kick, visit for ultrasound if have GTW,

Clothes for every season-. Large snow suits with and without legs, baby hand mits, blankets to be swaddled in(plain, character, lacy), onesies, sleepers, hats to match most outfits, bonnets for girls, frilly dress, baseball player, tux for infant males, breast feeding blanket, bibs, gowns, booties, baby quilts,

Ability to be on the floor
    Fussy, easygoing, sleeper, curious
    Smell sweet baby scent

They could do a Generations pack for infants (after patch in and basic stuff), toddlers, elders, teens. Or all of this in a infants & toddlers Go

Toddler-
    Baby doll- child can play with it too
    Train
    Stack rings
    Toy phones- floor & cell models
    Riders for playgrounds like Sims3 miss these
    Tricycle and character ride-ons
    Passies- round and square
    Blankies- white and character to cuddle
    Cube and shapes
    Round toddler pool

Kids
    Play dough
    Lego's
    Trains
    Cars & things to race down on
    Dragon/teddy/kitty ECT plush to cuddle small

More playground equipment- merry go round, slide, see saw, tire swing on swing set, sand box

Making express love always available at all times for families and couples.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’d like to be able to see their needs and maybe pick where they crawl but otherwise I’d rather not play as them. But I’d like to pick their clothes and choose how they look in CAS.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't need to be able to play as them, like, control what they do. I would, however, want to be able to click on their profiles to see their needs and star signs (if we had any) etc.

Basically I want TS2 babies back in TS4. That's... all I want.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Also, I don't think I want babies to crawl... I wish, even though I know that it'll never happen, that toddlers start out crawling and that you have to teach them to walk. That interaction of the parent or caretaker teaching the tots to walk is just... it's just the cutest. I miss it so much...
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Also, I don't think I want babies to crawl... I wish, even though I know that it'll never happen, that toddlers start out crawling and that you have to teach them to walk. That interaction of the parent or caretaker teaching the tots to walk is just... it's just the cutest. I miss it so much...

it could be like toddlers where there is a progression with babies

they start not being able to move without parents and then they can crawl towards the end of the lifestage right before aging up to toddlers
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I actually don't mind the babies being in crib, although it would be nice to have some objects to put the baby in so that they can join the family in other areas of the world. Like a baby swing or play pen. I would love to have strollers make a return and you can take the baby for a walk or join the family at community lots.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Anyone play Sims FreePlay? Anyone? I want THAT level of baby AI, just in the Sims 4.
    banner.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't mind that babies are tied to their cribs. I just want the cribs to be draggable so I can move them around the house.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p