Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlocking babies...

2...Next

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Mostly - clothes, crawling around, more interactions and ways to influence them - something on the level of kittens?
    I don't want to play as a baby, just sounds weird. But I do want to be able to properly interact with them like we did in Sims 2. I actually miss bathing the babies in the kitchen sink. Once they grow to toddlers is soon enough for me to actually control them. After all what are you going to have a newborn do? After a day or so I guess you could tell them to crawl but then its just one quick step b4 toddlerhood. And I would love to have a pram for them while still a baby. Not a stroller which is more for a toddler.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    All the way! I want to play as a baby!
    They've already stated that we're not getting a game changing update in these next 6 months, which is exactly what overhauled babies would be, and I can't imagine them waiting until the end of the year to do something so major, so sadly I doubt it's happening at all.

Really! 6mnts.+ Horrible.
    Kind of rude to call me a lazy player simply because I think babies have ALWAYS been boring. At least if they're confined to the crib I can't lose them. Looking at you, Sims 2. 😡

I think I might have laughed at the last part. I love/loved the Sims3 so much, I bought Sims 2 and my baby was upstairs and my woman was downstairs and next thing you know they came and took it away. The only time I have ever had a child taken in all my sims playing. I was shocked. I didn't play it anymore and got rid of them.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nah, I'm lazy - they're fine in the crib.
    I would use a stroller or any other object that allowed us to take the babies off lot and introduce them to extended family, but I probably would still age them up early (at least in my current save) so I probably wouldn't get much use out of anything else they'd add.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Mostly - clothes, crawling around, more interactions and ways to influence them - something on the level of kittens?
    "Mostly", but I would also be totally fine with "all the way" as well.

Mostly I just want to be able to get more interesting screenshots with my babies than someone bending over the bassinet. I'd like sims to at least be able to carry them around and sit down holding them in their laps. I mean, we're getting a rocking chair with the knitting pack. I want sims to be able to rock in it with their babies. I would also like babies to be real sims with a rig that I can make custom poses for.

Being able to edit them in CAS would also be awesome. More clothing options. Customizable appearance options. "Got a green alien baby, but I wanted purple!" That sort of thing.

But more game play with them would be cool and I would be excited for anything added. Babies in real life are learning so much in that first year of life. They could have motor, interpersonal interaction, and sound making skills (with appropriate animations) the very least.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They've already stated that we're not getting a game changing update in these next 6 months, which is exactly what overhauled babies would be, and I can't imagine them waiting until the end of the year to do something so major, so sadly I doubt it's happening at all.

I don't think this poll was necessarily for this year. There was another poll earlier that I think will bring about a skiing pack if the interest was there.

I'm guessing they have plans already for the end of this year and this is to give them ideas for 2021.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Also, I don't think I want babies to crawl... I wish, even though I know that it'll never happen, that toddlers start out crawling and that you have to teach them to walk. That interaction of the parent or caretaker teaching the tots to walk is just... it's just the cutest. I miss it so much...

it could be like toddlers where there is a progression with babies

they start not being able to move without parents and then they can crawl towards the end of the lifestage right before aging up to toddlers

The first thing a tot does upon aging up from baby is take it's first steps and there is an interaction as it walks into the parents arm. You miss this if you create the tot in CAS instead of aging up from baby though. Because of this, I think that the "first steps" would have to remain a "tot" interaction but I'd love it if babies could learn to sit crawl and stand and then take those first steps upon age up to tot still. After all "toddler" basically means a kid who can toddle around anyways.
  • slvrlipes82slvrlipes82 Posts: 344 Member
    Honestly I would settle for actual cribs and clothing options. It would be cool to be able to teach them to crawl though.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nah, I'm lazy - they're fine in the crib.
    If I had to do more infant care, I'd give up family play all together. At least make it optional to keep our poop-papooses as crib-bound objects.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Why would I want babies? I'm focusing on my career as a party-crasher!
    Toddlers are such a pain, WHY would anyone want babies to be the same?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    All the way for me! I use a mod so I can control my pets too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    I want to be able to take a baby/toddler out with me on a stroller.
    Have cribs
    Play mats
    Baby swing
    Baby intercom
    Dressing table
    Baby bedroom sets
    Baby shower event
    Day care active career
    Home lot Day care bussness
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I want to be able to take a baby/toddler out with me on a stroller.
    Have cribs
    Play matsp
    Baby swing
    Baby intercom
    Dressing table
    Baby bedroom sets
    Baby shower event
    Day care active career
    Christening

This is what i would love as well even if i didnt vote all the way only the second... as i dont really want to play as them alone... but i want all of these things to play with the caretaker for the baby... and be able to do these with the baby... though i would right now just settle for nursing in the upcoming rocking chair... hey it is better than next to the crib...
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Honestly I just want to be able to change them up in cas. Clothes, eye color, hair, and all skin colors unlocked for them. Other than that maybe be able to crawl around and baby showers would be nice.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn