Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So have you played a lot of TS4 in lockdown?

Comments

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I haven't played a lot of TS4 recently. I go for long spans of playing and then get into what I call a 'Sims rut' and I stop playing until the mood to play strikes again. Right now Planet Zoo is consuming most of my attention when I feel like gaming. I have some pretty cool storylines going that I'm sure once I get back into TS4, I'll enjoy playing. I just have to take breaks.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Have not played Sims 4 much, because it is still a bugged mess and more frustrating. I play video games to relax. Most of my time has been either at my essential job in a grocery store or homeschooling my own children. To relax, I have been Story of Seasons.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Not really, but I finally got the courage to start the 100 baby challenge. I've always been intimidated by it because I can't really stand toddlers but I saw so many streamers playing it so I also wanted to try. Now I'm on baby 20 and it's going well. But I'm not very consistent with it, some days I never play, other days I play 2-3 hours max.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I played one weekend, back when "shelter at home" first began. Otherwise I'm still working (from home, but putting in full hours every week), and most of my time off I've been interested in other hobbies, like crafting. I made sure to participate in the stuff pack surveys, and came back to the forum with the latest Eco Lifestyle news. I've been thinking about playing again.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Um not a lot, but I build still. I have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing during lockdown. I may have another gaming addiction problem. I have been playing it for five years now, so trying not to get too burnt out from it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I understand what you mean. A weird graphical bug happened in my game months ago, and I slowly grew disinterested in the game and focused on other hobbies. However, I'm really happy that they fixed it with this most recent patch, so I've been been actually playing the game a bit.

I like TS4 and find it fun, but I'm also frustrated by some things and disappointed with others.

For me, I don't mind the loading screens. They keep the game running smoothly, unlike TS3. Lots don't take a lot of time to load either. I don't usually play "dramatic" things either (like sims cheating or arguing), but I do want more depth in that stuff for people who do. It's unsettling to see a sim squabble, and then return right to a friendly conversation. That doesn't make sense. I find the decorative moodlet too extreme, and I want my sims to feel "fine" as their default, not "happy." There's other stuff I want too, like non-creepy looking and bassinet-free babies, more stuff for teens to do, snuggling in double beds, police, burglars, firefighters, and more traits/aspirations. Oh, and normal-sized telescopes, an upright piano, and microscope (My houses are on the small side).

But there's a lot I like about the game too. The worlds look great. The toddlers are realistic and fun. Build mode in intuitive and fun to play with (coming from someone who isn't great at building). I think the artstyle is great (my favourite out of all the games, couldn't stand TS3's sims), CAS is a lot of fun, and the gender patch is probably my favourite addition to any sims game ever. I do like TS4, but there's so much that could be improved upon, but I'm not sure if certain things ever will be.

I've been playing a lot only to try out new deaths and terrorize my sims for stress relief.

Toddlers are fantastic, the problem is that my sims are terrible at taking care of them so I rarely use them. If I do I have to cheat their needs or delete the highchair. Why can't we just feed toddlers on the floor? And I find it weird that sims with low fun get tense and not bored. I also agree that we need smaller telescopes. Not everyone wants a full observatory.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m an essential worker so I haven’t had an abundance of extra time to play. When I got sick with Covid19, the only game I could play was Animal Crossing because I couldn’t sit up and only really had the strength to move my thumbs. The last three days of isolating, I made a house and organized my games, sent a few sims to university. Work has been really hard since then, my company laid off people this week so I’ve had to do more on top of the extra I’ve been doing. So I’ve been coming home, having dinner and passing out, waking up and heading to work. I haven’t had a vacation in two years and I was already really burnt out.

I wish I had the energy to play more. I’m looking forward to the weekend so I can carve out a few hours to play. That’s probably why I took the backlash to Eco Lifestyle so hard, because life is really stressful right now and there was finally something to look forward to but everyone else hates it. 🙁 I’m going to try harder to focus on the good and ignore the rest.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Nope. Got distracted by Animal Crossing instead. Though I do feel I'm starting to get back into a Sims mood again.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I generally play more computer games at the moment because my social life is non-existent other than messaging and fortnightly phone calls. I played TS4 a lot in March but then switched to some other games - 'Littlewood', even in its early access stage, has been one of my favs. But I regularly take breaks from TS4 as it is. I will get back into it this weekend though because it is more likely than not that I will get the new pack and there is some prep I want to do in several saves.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No. Animal Crossing has been taking up my time instead.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I haven’t touched the Sims in months, even before Animal Crossing released. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tbh, this iteration is just too happy happy and lacking depth to stay interesting continuously. I play, like actually play and use my Sims, very little in this iteration. Most of my time is spent building because the gameplay is too dumbed down and the Sims have zero depth.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Less than I thought. I did the mistake of buying Sunset Harbor for Cities: Skylines so I have spent two weeks now building my perfect city...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    I generally play more computer games at the moment because my social life is non-existent other than messaging and fortnightly phone calls. I played TS4 a lot in March but then switched to some other games - 'Littlewood', even in its early access stage, has been one of my favs. But I regularly take breaks from TS4 as it is. I will get back into it this weekend though because it is more likely than not that I will get the new pack and there is some prep I want to do in several saves.
    Littlewood looked so cute. I have it on my wishlist. I just love farming games so much. They are relaxing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Littlewood looked so cute. I have it on my wishlist. I just love farming games so much. They are relaxing.

It is a very adorable little game with many cool features. What I like most about it is the town building feature - you can place buildings and stores where you want as you unlock them, but the villagers have requests, so it is like a little puzzle - and the game in game - Monster Tarott. Also, customizing every villager's home to their requests is so fun. Each one turns out so cute. And there is farming of course. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Nope. I still haven't touched the game since the end of 2018.

No offense but why do you keep posting on the forums is you haven't played for the past 2 years?

I usually play an average of about 3-4 hours per day...that's normal, not a pandemic sort of way. My husband and I are both over 60 so we get to stay in and play. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well I'm glad to say that I found my way back for now lol.

Playing a four sim & 1 dog household - one teacher, one stylist, two students. Got to say I love the Basemental mod a ton though, especially for this kind of gameplay :joy:

Also you guys make me jealous with your switches :'( So glad us PS players are getting a real treat in June too though! Literally can't wait to have Joel & Ellie back!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've been playing more, mostly working on my 10 households, 10 generations story. And people have been reading it more, too, so that's encouraging.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Nope. I still haven't touched the game since the end of 2018.

No offense but why do you keep posting on the forums is you haven't played for the past 2 years?

I usually play an average of about 3-4 hours per day...that's normal, not a pandemic sort of way. My husband and I are both over 60 so we get to stay in and play. B)
    Forums are open for all the Sims games actually including console and mobile versions.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I have been playing almost every day like for the last seven years of my life. :D I mainly play TS4 now, it's been a while since I have played 1, 2 or 3. I have also been playing Animal Crossing and other games but that didn't stop me from simming. I love so many games, and yet here I am coming back to it once I'm finished with the others and making sims forever and always.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    In the last month I started playing nearly every day again. I have started trying to do all the things I never got around to doing, which is making it more fun.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’ve been in a sims rut with the virus due to not quarantining where my pc is! As a nanny I’ve been working and staying with my Boyfriends who doesn’t play sims so I’ve played very little. :'( I’m super excited about the community stuff pack and the eco expansion it’s giving me a serious yen to play sims and no way to do it *sigh*
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No. I saw today that I haven't played Sims 4 since Feb. I updated Origin and there was an update for Sims 4 from I don't know when. So I updated....but still didn't play 4. I just can't find anything interesting about the game.

I loaded 3 instead today and played my old sim who is working through WA. And I played it for hours and hours! So that's good.

But 4? Nope. I've zero interest in it.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't played any Sims in a while. Got sucked into RDR2 again and have been there since April. The last Sims game I did play though at the end of March was 3. I tend to go through phases where I'll play 3 for like a really long time and then I'll play 4 for a really long time then I won't touch any of them and play other games.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    No. I saw today that I haven't played Sims 4 since Feb. I updated Origin and there was an update for Sims 4 from I don't know when. So I updated....but still didn't play 4. I just can't find anything interesting about the game.

I loaded 3 instead today and played my old sim who is working through WA. And I played it for hours and hours! So that's good.

But 4? Nope. I've zero interest in it.

My last save was also from Feb - but in all fairness, I'd had a pretty long stint of playing til that time. I also didn't feel inspired to play after updating, but sometime this week I finally decided to create a bunch of new sims - which took forever - dropped them somewhere in the uni world, then went to bed. And last night, when I finally got around to playing them, half expecting to be bored to s*, to my surprise I ended up playing from around 7/8 in the evening til 1.30 in the morning xD
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    A lot is an understatement. So much so that my mom is calling it obsessive. Now I've gone back to work and I miss playing it so much and it's hard to find time/enegry to play.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg