Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone playing the sims 3 again because of quarantine? lol

anyone else getting back into this game?? i never had all the eps growing up, so I decided to buy the ones I didn't have, download a ton of cc and get really back into it again. i'm having so much fun lol, except for some hiccups with my game (had to reinstall everything and start over but it's ok :)) )

what are yall up to if you've just gotten back into sims 3 <3

Comments

• Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I think a lot of us have been playing since way before the quarantine. I know I have. I take breaks every now and again, but yeah. I haven't stopped playing Sims 3.

I've been inspired to play a multi-generational legacy kind of game and, right now, I've got two of that type going on. Both beginning with my own created single sim that married into a pre-made sim from the neighborhood. The farthest I've gotten so far is the 3rd generation to be a Young Adult. I want to try to get to 10 generations with it.
  • Options
    TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    I second Carly's remark. Technically I never stopped, but I did play the game less then than I do now. I've had so much time on my hands due to this little pandemic of ours.

I am also doing a 10 generation legacy, I just hope this awful thing of a laptop can hold out until the end of April or early May.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I found that my attention span for all my games have gone down to loading screen time - and then off. I can't concentrate any more. So, no. I'm playing less of all my Sims games. :(
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    Although most of us here have been playing long before COVID19 ever loomed on the horizon, I guess it’s just increased our playing time being in the house 24/7. Unfortunately, my computer is toast so I have to be happy with SimCity Build It for now, until I can get a hold of a new gaming computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I never stopped, lol! I am getting way into building now - houses, stories, towns. I've been working on my own world for years now (because CAW hates me) but I have no idea if I'll ever finish. Lately, though I've just been on a building (and cc downloading) mission!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I play both 3 and 4. Ive recently bought supernatural ep and im looooving it. Im doing a very disfunctional family haha
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I left but came back earlier last year so it's not Covid-19 but I noticed a few TS3 friends on another forum just came back and uh...I want to describe it as bittersweet but I'm selfish and see it as a plus entirely. Not saying that about the rest of the world's affairs.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I started and stopped playing again in February and have been trying to start again since the quarantine. I've found that I can't really get into the game at all in the daytime but can still sometimes get hooked for a few hours in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

I keep seeing this YouTube ad that starts with "The greatest enemy of writing is being interrupted by other people." I think the same is true for me when Simming lol :confounded:
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Outside of the occasional break which is never longer than a week, I have been playing this game steadily since I began a little over eight years ago.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I really haven't played it in a while, as it isn't optimized for newer systems and is taxing on my hardware, and tends to crash.

One thing I plan to finally do is figure out why the RAM doesn't seem to work on a new Acer Nitro 50, as given it has an i7, better cooling, and a dedicated graphics card, it should have no problem running TS3 with more than just one or two packs. I suspect the RAM simply became unseated due to poor handling by Amazon and/or UPS. Need to finally run the memory test I set up a flash drive and a DVD-ROM for. I also want to bump it up to at least 16GB of RAM.
  • Options
    IStoleUrCandyIStoleUrCandy Posts: 21 Member
    I think a lot of us have been playing since way before the quarantine. I know I have. I take breaks every now and again, but yeah. I haven't stopped playing Sims 3.

I've been inspired to play a multi-generational legacy kind of game and, right now, I've got two of that type going on. Both beginning with my own created single sim that married into a pre-made sim from the neighborhood. The farthest I've gotten so far is the 3rd generation to be a Young Adult. I want to try to get to 10 generations with it.

I'm also going to try doing a legacy again!! I've only ever gotten to generation 3, usually my game runs into issues after a while or I just lose interest. What kind of legacy game are you playing? I'd really like to try a 'randomacy' style of legacy

I've had the Sims for a long time too, but I really haven't played much in the past 3 years because of school. There's so much I never discovered/played with from the EPs, so I've been having so much fun
  • Options
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I never stopped, lol! I am getting way into building now - houses, stories, towns. I've been working on my own world for years now (because CAW hates me) but I have no idea if I'll ever finish. Lately, though I've just been on a building (and cc downloading) mission!

That's so cool that you're doing your own world, I've been toying with the idea of doing my own for a while. So far I've stuck to making sure I've experienced living in everyone one of my store world's, currently rebuilding aurora skies tho because I thought it was really ugly. Never been into building much either when I was younger
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    I play both 3 and 4. Ive recently bought supernatural ep and im looooving it. Im doing a very disfunctional family haha

That's so cool lol, I've always been unsure if I'd even like supernatural, but I know I'll try it at some point during the quarantine:)
  • Options
    Archivist wrote: »
    I started and stopped playing again in February and have been trying to start again since the quarantine. I've found that I can't really get into the game at all in the daytime but can still sometimes get hooked for a few hours in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

I keep seeing this YouTube ad that starts with "The greatest enemy of writing is being interrupted by other people." I think the same is true for me when Simming lol :confounded:

Sims has totally ruined my sleeping pattern :p:p
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I really haven't played it in a while, as it isn't optimized for newer systems and is taxing on my hardware, and tends to crash.

One thing I plan to finally do is figure out why the RAM doesn't seem to work on a new Acer Nitro 50, as given it has an i7, better cooling, and a dedicated graphics card, it should have no problem running TS3 with more than just one or two packs. I suspect the RAM simply became unseated due to poor handling by Amazon and/or UPS. Need to finally run the memory test I set up a flash drive and a DVD-ROM for. I also want to bump it up to at least 16GB of RAM.

I had the same problem - I fixed it by getting NRAAS mods (overwatch, master controller, error trap etc) and a mod online with helps gpu optimization (https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106)

I also reinstalled my whole game to get rid of bad CC, and because the game would shut down between loading screens which really shouldn't happen with my computer. It's normal that Sims is a really buggy game even though you've got a really good computer. I found the NRAAS mods really helped the game to not freeze every few seconds, and the game worked much smoother with
    gpu optimization. I also opted for playing in a different world and leaving Islo Paradiso, because of how annoying it is. I noticed that errortrap/overwatch was constantly at work in it, and that animals and Sims would always get stuck

Good luck ❤️
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Never stopped, and I don't have any extra time to play as I'm essentials services, so not home any more than normal. Glad to see some coming back though. Someone is always around if you need help. :smiley:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My Sims are also in quarantine :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    I didn't start with the quarantine but I'm definitely playing more because of the quarantine. And I love it because nobody can judge me for it anymore! (Guilty of cancelling quite a few plans for simming in the past)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,217 Member
    @bekkasan - Thank you for your bravery and contribution no matter which essential service you provide in this time of crisis. And, as always, Happy Simming when you're back in front of the game :)!
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I'm also going to try doing a legacy again!! I've only ever gotten to generation 3, usually my game runs into issues after a while or I just lose interest. What kind of legacy game are you playing? I'd really like to try a 'randomacy' style of legacy

I've had the Sims for a long time too, but I really haven't played much in the past 3 years because of school. There's so much I never discovered/played with from the EPs, so I've been having so much fun

I'm not playing a particular type of legacy for one family. The other, I'm attempting an Alphabet legacy - starting with the 2nd generation (with the founding sims being generation 1).
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have actually been playing less while housebound. Normally simming is a great escape for me but it doesn't seem to be able to get my stress levels down enough in these trying times. Streaming shows about families in normal times, even if they are dysfunctional (but what family isn't? :wink: ) has been helping so I will stick with that and just load my game briefly for the occasional makeover.
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    I haven't played for years because of having a slow pc but recently got a better setup and I'm back! Rediscovered all my fav custom worlds that I could never play before.

I am completely house bound but work has been crazy busy so I haven't played that much.
    Feeling a lot of anxiety recently as well and Sims definitely helps with it 😊

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm on what I call a "simming break". There are other games grabbing my attention right now but I do love Sims 3 and I'll never ditch it.

Hope you enjoy getting back into the game and have fun with all of the new things to do.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    I actually switched from the sims 3 to the sims 4 during the quarantine due to a friends suggest. But I do miss my sims 3 families. And the way things were in the sims 3. Despite the crashes and save errors I still struggle with in the sims 3.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Never stopped, and I don't have any extra time to play as I'm essentials services, so not home any more than normal. Glad to see some coming back though. Someone is always around if you need help. :smiley:
    I have less time to play than ever even though I am self-quarantined. My job function is essential, but the services our organization provides while important are not considered as such so we are working 100% remotely and my users are little children (okay, they are attorneys) who have no idea how to function in a sudden new environment even though they were prepared for this. If I gave them one screen with nothing but a big red button in the middle and a label that says "click this," they would all be calling, emailing, and texting me asking what in the world they were supposed to do, are they supposed to click on something, why weren't any instructions or training provided, and what do you mean by launch a browser window, what's a browser? The younger generation ones thankfully don't do that, instead they demand to know why can't we all use Google Hangup Whatsup Something or get Zoomified like "everyone else" (what we have centrally managed instead is more secure and works just as well or better if they would just use it) and why can't we all be entirely in the cloud instead of having to use this stoopid safe and secure remote access junk (sometimes the answer is just "because I said so" since they aren't listening anyway). How did I ever get into this job, again? /end rant

Things are calming down on that front now and although I still live in what could be described as a war zone and that itself is pretty stressful, I may actually get to launch the game somewhere between now and the end of this weekend. But keep the game/mod support questions coming, I think those are the only things keeping me sane right now. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net