Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KInda a odd question to ask, but--If I log into Origin, will it automatically download Sims 4 ...

Hi!
This is kinda an awkward question to ask, but here goes:

As some of you may have heard, at Christmastime, an enterprising thief took advantage of my holiday stress, and while I was at the mall getting a massage, I forgot to pick up my backpack (Which held my wonderful gaming computer that I spent 5 months saving up for), and I forgot to pick up my laptop when I was done and he or she ran off with my laptop!

ANYWAY, I have a cheapie laptop in the interim that IS NOT a gaming laptop, and I am updating Origin as we speak. What I want t know is: Will Sims 4 automatically install if I log into Origin?

TY for your time!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes, you can switch from one computer to another and install your game. You will have to authorize your new computer for the game, Origin that is, it is not hard. If you are wondering about the computer you lost, you will not have to do anything with it. I say this because my old computer came to a violent end, and I didn't have to do anything with the old computer as far as unauthorizing it.

Will Sims 4 automatically install if you log into Origin, the answer is no. If you want the game to install, you will have to click on the button to install it.
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Yes, you can switch from one computer to another and install your game. You will have to authorize your new computer for the game, it is not hard. If you are wondering about the computer you lost, you will not have to do anything with it. I say this because my old computer came to a violent end, and I didn't have to do anything with the old computer as far as unauthorized it.

Oh, i probably mislead you...I apologize! :#

I DO NOT WANT the game to download, as my current Lappy most likely won't be able to run the SIms 4...Until such a time, I can get a new laptop or tower bought/built.

IDEALLY, I want the portability of a gaming laptop, as I can take my game to coffee shops and hang out for awhile (well, after this you=know-what-virus runs its life cycle, and it's safe to buy toilet paper again, etc, etc.). I also am a Jazz/Swing/ Big Band/Electro Swing DJ now, so I want to take that same laptop, play some Sims 4, drink more coffee, then DJ for two or three hours!

Oh well, if it downloads, it downloads...I can always uninstall it I guess! But hey, @LaBlue0314 Ty for your quick and kind reply, that was very nice of you!

PS...By the way, how are you dealing with life? Hope all is going well! Me? Well, knock on wood, mine isn't too bad...I'm just bored a lot and I miss my Sims!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I added a bit more to my answer after I reread your question, sorry.

Will Sims 4 automatically install if you log into Origin, the answer is no. If you want the game to install, you will have to click on the install tab to install it.
  • Options
    Where I am at it is much better than most places, but still be affected by what is going on with the virus. Thank you for asking.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @911TruthBear You can set it in your Origin settings to automatically download and update, have it ask, or have it off completely. I have everything on my computers and devices ask, I don't like automatic downloads. (With the exception of Windows 10 because it forces it without a choice.) I also set it so Origin doesn't load until I actually want to play a game.
    I hope that helps.

@LaBlue0314 The number of cases of Covid19 has tripled here provincially since the outbreak as people return from vacation. It's up to 3 cases now. Of course they are in quarantine. ;) Funny thing is, I was at the grocery store on Friday and I've never seen so much toilet paper on the shelves before. And all on sale too, heh heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @911TruthBear You can set it in your Origin settings to automatically download and update, have it ask, or have it off completely. I have everything on my computers and devices ask, I don't like automatic downloads. (With the exception of Windows 10 because it forces it without a choice.) I also set it so Origin doesn't load until I actually want to play a game.
    I hope that helps.

@LaBlue0314 The number of cases of Covid19 has tripled here provincially since the outbreak as people return from vacation. It's up to 3 cases now. Of course they are in quarantine. ;) Funny thing is, I was at the grocery store on Friday and I've never seen so much toilet paper on the shelves before. And all on sale too, heh heh!

@Admiral8Q ...TY for the laugh! The whole planet needs one! :D Anyway, I'm almost tempted to let the game install anyway, and see what happens. If it slows down other programs or the game itself, it's gone until I can get either my grand nephew to build me a gaming tower for 700 bucks (give or take), or save up for the next model up from what I had, which was an HP Omni 15.

By the way...this will sound like a total rabbit trail, but have you ever watch Theo Joe on You Tube? He has a video on how to wake up dormant cores on your computer. I did that with my Omni, and it worked! I also did that on my not-so-great Lenovo 15, and Voila! I was able to play Resident Evil 2 Remake again! Even the A scenario, which takes up more resources works, and I currently only have 8 GB of ram!

Now granted, The Sims 4 takes up a heck of a lot more resources, but still...

• Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Where I am at it is much better than most places, but still be affected by what is going on with the virus. Thank you for asking.

@LaBlue0314 , you are most welcome! At this time I would like to share with you and the rest of our membership what I said on my wall here:
    "Today I heard bird singing merrily...and VERY LOUDLY! Nature knows what it is doing--Happy birds are nature's way of saying that the earth is healing faster than you think! Stay calm and healthy everyone...as my grandmother's old grandfather clock used to say, "This too shall pass!"
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @911TruthBear Apparently in Oregon, USA, the police had to post a public message urging people to stop calling 911 for toilet-paper.

Quote:

An Oregon police department is urging residents to stop calling 911 for toilet paper.

“It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this. Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet paper. You will survive without our assistance,” the police department in Newport, Ore., wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.

The department’s tongue-and-cheek post cited toilet paper alternatives used in times of need throughout history — from seamen using “old rope and anchor lines soaked in salt water” to Americans using pages from the Sears Christmas catalog, which was "four times thicker than the normal catalog."

“Be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper,” the department wrote.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I normally WOULD NOT wish to take that story as "humorous", nor do I wish to come off as thoughtless or callous but nonetheless, if I read your story correctly, then That IS humorous!
    Post edited by 911TruthBear on