Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits you Avoid

I never, ever give my Sims the Active Trait because I hate when Sims start doing push ups and sit ups out of no where.

Are there any traits that you avoid giving your Sims and why?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2020
    I have tested out every single trait there is in the game at least once, after doing so I avoid kleptomaniac. In Sims 3 it was one I loved playing with but in Sims 4 I find it extremely annoying.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I agree, the Klepto trait is boring because we don't have thoughs silly bugulars from Sims 3. I miss the funny fights that my sims did to the bugulars.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I've used them all at least once, but I tend to use Active minimally because I agree, it's annoying.

I avoid Geek now because my Sims already spend way too much time on phones and computers, which is a shame, because I like the concept of it.

Clumsy is a trait that I really want to use, but I can't stand that it doesn't actually have any negative consequences, only "laugh at themselves". What good is it?

I've kind of stopped using Vegetarian because Sims will automatically eat meals with meat instead of going hungry and then distress about it, which is just bad autonomy.

I tend to not use Bro much because I generally don't do much with sports in the game at all, but I've started giving it to some Sims to mix things up a bit.

The Cheerful and Good traits I avoid a lot, especially Cheerful. I can't stand the traits that give happy buffs because the game already has too many by default. But since I use the Evil trait a lot, I might be able to start using Good again so they can be miserable around my Evil Sims, lol.

Insider is kind of useless to me as well.

We really need some better traits, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I agree that a lot of the traits are useless @LiELF
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Foodie
    It's like glutton where they get hungry fast, but they whine about everything.
    Get OJ? Whine
    Get a drink of water autonomously? Whine
    Get literally any drink in the game that wasn't made by a max mixologist? Whine
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    I've never used Materialistic, Snob, or Insider. I just don't fancy playing anyone like that.

50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I tried all of the traits with various playable Sims before coming to the conclusion that I have no use for Romantic, Hot-Headed, Goofball, Cheerful, Squeamish, Good, Evil, Erratic, Mean, and Family Oriented.

For NPC townies, I don't like Romantic, Lazy, Kleptomaniac, Erratic, Slob, Glutton, Mean or Evil. In my game, almost all of the adult bartenders, baristas, and restaurant staff generated have at least two of these traits.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Mean, kleptomaniac, insider and vegetarian
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    So far I haven't avoided any. I'm really not enjoying sims with the Evil trait though. It's impossible to maintain relationships with them.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2020
    Cheerful. There are too many things in the game that make sims happy already. It's like EVERYONE has the Cheerful trait. Why use a trait that doesn't do anything that basically every little thing in the game already does...?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Hmm, in CAS I don't really avoid any traits (they all serve a purpose, depending on the playthrough and sim).

In Townies tho, once I find out theyre kelptos I cut them completely outta my life >:) lol, if I knew what was stolen it wouldn't be so bad but when i'm going through the house and I notice "oh, wasn't there something there before?" its pretty annoying.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Insider, Kleptomaniac, Cat/dog lover, Lazy, Slob, Squeamish, Family oriented, Commitment issues, Jealous, Dance Maniac....ehhh Machine, Mean/Evil, Vegetarian. That's all I remember.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Dance Machine, Insider, Kleptomaniac, Goofball and Vegetarian are the traits I avoid. I rarely use Family Oriented and Erratic as well as the 2 traits that came with Island Living.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I have never used:
    vegetarian, don't see the point most meals are "vegetarian safe" anyway....
    mean, for some reason this is the most unappealing trait to me (and I LOVE my evil sims!)
    unflirty, actually I am not quite sure on what that does...I wanna test it out though

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Mean and Evil. I loved them on Sims 3 but they were mean/evil in a fun or funny way. In Sims 4 they're just...well...mean. I've never been a fan of doing bad things just for the sake of it. Glad others like it but its not for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    jealous traits that one needs to be fixed.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    while i do use all of the traits, there are some that i very strictly limit... kleptomaniac being a big one.

i ensure there are only 12-13 kleptos in my game, all but five of those being the required paparazzi sims (who all are spawned with kleptomaniac, as well as the shameless reward trait) being played sims, so i can at least see what they stole and give it back.
    i wish we had the ability to see what was taken, like in sims 3, as well as how that game respawned stolen items on community lots after a while

other than that, the two i find big no-nos are romantic and jealous. sims auto-flirting always drives me crazy (esp that blasted 'enchanted greeting' once it's unlocked) and romantic sims tend to do that more often, since they're in the mood more often
    jealous is just... bad all around. it's not even a jealous trait, it's codependent. they've got to be in the same room as their s.o. all the time and fly into a rage if they so much as talk to another sim. it's frustrating, when it could have been so fun for storytelling (esp if it included getting overlooked for promotions, or promoted at work slower than other sims)

active tends to be another lesser used trait for me, though i still find sims it's suitable for. similar with good, just because i find it so bland... evil isn't much better, though i really do enjoy the autonomous 'laugh maniacally' they do, so have more than a few evil sims

and while i really have nothing against the child of the ocean trait, i get frustrated at how many people slap it onto their mermaids without a second thought... if only for the 'can't eat fish' aspect of it. if there were another trait like it that included the eating of fish, it would have been perfect, since you know full well most of those mermaids out there (esp the shark-toothed ones) aren't just eating kelp all day
    seeing the trait on non-mermaids actually tends to get even more frustrating unless i go and add in the vegetarian trait to make it a bit more believable

really do agree with lielf that new, better traits (or a trait revamp) would be great
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    I Never choose active for the same reasons mentioned above.
    Vegetarian is just kind of annoying.
    Geek because I'm tired of technology.
    Goofball, just not feeling the silliness
    Kleptomaniac seems pointless with no police, no consequences.
    I wanted to like dance machine but they are constantly bored if not dancing so that gets annoying. Even dance lovers don't dance 24/7
    Oh, I never choose neat because it already bothers me that all sims clean up after themselves automatically.

Everything else is fair game. Childish, paranoid, hothead, evil, jealous, lazy are some of my most used but I feel we desperately need more traits.
    I love how lazy sims sleep everywhere lol. And paranoid is one of my favorites.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Overall, I can't say that I avoid traits. But if I can help it, I stay away from friendly, good, evil,
    mean, Kleptomaniac, vegetarian, dog lover and some others.

There is one trait for toddlers that I despise and hate with all my being - Silly.
    These toddlers are the worst!
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Angry, Jealousy, Sadness/Melancholy/Whatever it's called, and my most hated one: the Non-Commital trait. It's not even that I wouldn't want negative traits, they're just so badly tuned that I cannot deal.
  • Options
    faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    I delete any townies who have the klepto trait. It's too annoying to deal with.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Kleptomania because I hate it when things being stolen and not replaced :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    • Ambitious - Not many of my Sims have actual careers, otherwise I might use it more.
    • Dance Machine - While I adore the option to Disco Nap which fills their sleep need incredibly fast, I don't use it much because it's annoying how every idle moment is spent dancing. It's weird, there's no music, why are you dancing?
    • Gloomy - Nope, no sad sacks in my game. Not on my watch.
    • Hates Children - To quote Hank Hill, "Hated a baby?"
    • Insider - None of my Sims except residents in my Asylum challenges have ever had a club.
    • Kleptomaniac - I've used this trait for Sims, but only if their entire story centers around the trait, otherwise, nope. I also get rid of any townies that have it.
    • Materialistic - Most of my Sims start life with nothing so why would they have this trait? lol
    • Mean - Nope
    • Slob - Nope
    • Lazy - Nope
    • Squeamish - Same as Kleptomaniac, only if their story centers around it.
    • Unflirty - I can't even comprehend what that would be like. I'd die without romance/flirting in my life so I won't subject my Sims to it either. :)
    • Vegetarian - I've given this to my Sims in the past, especially those who are supposed to be all about health, nature lovers, hippies, etc. But only those I micromanage (which is most of them). Otherwise, they end up autonomously eating meat and getting sick. Bleh...
    • Self-Absorbed - I haven't had GF very long, so haven't given any of my Sims this trait yet. I dislike egotistical people though, so I'm a bit leary of it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2020
    • Ambitious - The buff when they get tense seems very random.
    • Evil - Makes the sim laugh like a maniac, and playing evil sims is not really fun.
    • Glutton - They eat too much food autonomously.
    • Insane (erratic) - I don't like that they do evil things autonomously, you can't play as a good, insane person.
    • Insider (Get Together) - Forces you to go to clubs all the time.
    • Kleptomaniac - Very annoying if you have it on an unplayed sim and they steal something from you, there is no way to get it back.
    • Materialistic - Boring trait, buy something to make them happy or they will get tense if they don't buy something.
    • Mean - It just makes them doing mean things randomly, often completely out of context.
    • Noncommittal - Becomes tense all the time because they have the same job.
    • Vegetarian - Why do they become confident if they eat vegetarian food? It makes no sense, it makes vegetarian sims seem like some sort of people that are vegetarians just because they are proud of it.