Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University too hard/no fun ?

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Mods to the rescue. I do enjoy Uni, I just think it's too long for my sims (I play Normal lifespan). So I use a mod that reduces the number of credits required. Perfect.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    UNIVERSITY TOO HARD/NO FUN: My real life uni experience! Got in. Got it done as fast as possible in real life. No cheats. But this is Play with life! The faster homework mod helps a lot. Sorry, I don't want to relive my college days. Mod to cheat the game. Play with life!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    After finally playing University (I've had it since it came out but was waiting for my sims to be of age to go) I can honestly say it is the hardest University pack of any sims game. I think TS3 did University perfectly, it balanced the difficulty and fun of going to uni very well however in TS4 I feel the sims have no time to do anything. 3/4 classes makes it impossible for my sims to do anything fun and guarantees them a fail. My sims first term was 4 classes and i am never doing that again. It was crazy. I just did 2 classes now and it was a little easier but it is still quite difficult.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t expect to get A+ at all, but I consider myself a sim veteran, so failing 3/4 courses is quite puzzling to me !
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    It is not so heavy. If you go on three class on week. My sims drinked potions of young in half (agter two weeks). No cheat! This was their satisfaction points for study aspiration! She was with baby in 3th week! 4th week she was a mum for toddler who get all skill on 5. She and he did go at work (party time in shop), they lived in flat with 1400 pay a week. It was hard, but no so very. And they started with air bed from outdoor
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    You're better off cheating in a degree for your sim. The one time I had my sim go to university. They had zero time to eat and sleep. All I was doing was sending them to class and homework and other things needed to do for their classes. It wasn't fun I hated it. Now if I want a degree for my sim I'll cheat it in instead. I know that may make me seem lazy and like I'm "missing out" on the whole experience but I tried the "whole experience" and it was the worst for my poor sim. There are far more fun and better ways to torture my sims. I would rather be the one torturing them that way.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Are you sims created from CAS or born in game?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Mods to the rescue. I do enjoy Uni, I just think it's too long for my sims (I play Normal lifespan). So I use a mod that reduces the number of credits required. Perfect.

Me too :D it’s not too hard just long so I reduced it to 9 :)
  • Options
    I reduced it to 6. 3 credits a week for two weeks is all I can do.
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »

Are you sims born in game, get up? Or CAS create s young adult?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think this pack was meant for the players who use long lifespan or no aging. At least that was the first impression given. It certainly is not fit for my family play on normal lifespan.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    U have normal lifespan and aging on. But I use potion of youth in half study. after 14 days, it is work good.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    honestly this version of university is much more realistic than any version of the sims before, University is hard. But the world events, clubs system is worth it I love this pack
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options

Are you sims born in game, get up? Or CAS create s young adult?

I played one born in game and another made as a child in CAS. Why does it matter ? :)

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I played one born in game and another made as a child in CAS. Why does it matter ? :)
    Because I believe that is difference. With sims, who get toddlers trait, child trait, maybe scout trait must be easy get full the skill "Research and debate". I send my sims on Univerzity, if they have at least 3 levels this skills. Ideal is 6.... And with this skill is University easy. because it short to writte essay or homework
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    It's hard, but it depends on how you play it. If you do 4 courses a semester then it's both hard and unfun. If you do 2 courses a semester, it's enough of a challenge to be fun.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    And here I am modding University to be even harder.
    In my game, student loans are WAY more expensive, and you have to have a degree in order to choose a career branch (and Astronauts and Doctors need one WAY earlier than that).

"Too hard"
    98f2fa0ce2d67baece3eedd4eb7ad072.gif
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I was having this problem. Then I read somewhere if you click on your sim when they're in class and select take notes or actively listen then they should pass. Since doing this she has finally passed her terms and I am on the last term now since I had to repeat classes on account of failing.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I honestly find University really dull. I went to Univeristy and I loved every moment.

But I feel my sim sleeps, eats, does homework, writes term paper and repeat.

And it doesn't help that my sim is late to class every.single.time. I can't even prepare them for class as I have no clue where their class is! Sometimes I have to send them out into the quad so there is a chance they will make their class on time.

I'm currently getting my sim through a degree so he can become a conservationist....I'm finding it a bit dull to be fair.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I hated that I couldn't play any other households. My sim Hugo graduated with a GPA of A, but Luna failed her second to last semester and got put on probation, so I continued with Hugo and cheated Luna's degree after a week, so I pretended she did it by herself.

University in this game is not my thing. I liked it the most in TS2 where I let everyone study based on wants and fears and not everyone got an A either, but this is too stressful for me because I can't tell where we're at with the grades.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I was very excited for this pack at first, but it's impossible to play rotational. I was very disappointed with that. I sent two people through university, they did well and it was fairly enjoyable while I was playing them. I probably won't be sending anyone else though, because of the rotational thing.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I found this pack pretty boring too when I finished uninstall in The Sims 3 I got the same feeling I like I had when I finished uni IRL a kind of elation but also a since of loss. In The Sims4 it’s like ok I am done next.
  • Options
    Having said that I do not regret getting this pack. The CAS items are great. Also 3 new careers and robots skills are fun. The actual uni gameplay itself is meh.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Having said that I do not regret getting this pack. The CAS items are great. Also 3 new careers and robots skills are fun. The actual uni gameplay itself is meh.

Same. I love the robotics skill and the careers. Britechester world is very pretty too (Britechester Uni gives me St Andrews vibes) The actual study/uni living side is kinda boring. I feel its very repetitive.

This is how much I dislike it - last night for two hours before EL launch I pushed my sim to get through uni. It was a slog. Then my game crashed when he graduated. It took me ages to figure out how to play with him so I ended up starting a new save. He is now stuck with the 'microwave food' (or whatever it is called) moodlet and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried cheats, resets, moving him around....he is stuck like that. I was so angry :lol:

I feel like I did two hours of boring gameplay for nothing :lol: I'll try again later to see if I can get rid of it. He is so smart and talented and I'd hate for it all to go to waste. :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I can just about cope with my sim going to uni from home. But on campus especially Foxbury is a nightmare. Bicycle routing is a giant mess with all the stairs. When it rains it gets worse with sim opening and closing umbrella repeatedly while trying to ride the bike.