Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting Gameplay Questions for the Community!

Comments

• Options
    reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Q1: Could the items have something to do with the freelancer careers too? I mean we could have a craftsman freelance career that could tie in the knitting, woodworking table items, painting easel, and the flower arranging table. It would give us something else to do with craftables that we can already make. Maybe send the items in the mail to individuals who are ordering them.

Q2: If there was some sort of reward to making them craftable, like a reduced cost in making them. I'd be more than happy to welcome that kind of functionality.

Q3: Crafting desks are perfect for laying out materials and cutting yarn lengths. If you can add a cutting animation to the desk and allow for the functionality of using the crafting desk as a normal desk with a laptop or computer, I think a lot of Simmers might actually enjoy the desks more. For me, I enjoy multi-purpose items that make my homes more inviting. The desks themselves could work in a lot more than just a crafting room too. Have you thought about how well they might look in a child's room? The concept art made me feel like the desk would be perfect in a teenager's room.

Q4: It depends on what you are knitting or crafting in general. Some projects can take months to finish, if you don't have much time to put into them. That might not be feasible in Sims 4. It would feel ridiculous for items to take weeks in game to make. I think I'd be cool with something taking up to eight game hours to make. That sounds and feels reasonable.

Q5: Knitting standing up is very difficult in real life. If they could lean against a wall, that might make things more manageable. The reason why most people sit to knit and crochet is that your arms will get too tired standing up. The flip side is that you get a lot of exercise with your hands and arms with knitting and crocheting. Maybe you could add a buff for having to stand up for a short time, and a debuff for standing up too long.

Q6: I don't really have a story for you there. No one taught me how to knit or crochet. It's something I learned on my own, but I don't do a lot of knitting or crocheting these days. There's not a lot of time. I have seen stories on TV of crafting barns where elder knitters and crochet artists teach children to make their own items. They are usually together sitting down in a circle. That way the children can see exactly what the instructor is doing. That's sort of the same thing as a grandparent teaching a child the skill. Maybe you can pull information from stories like those.

Q7: We had a woman knit scarves for homeless, this last winter. She would leave them wrapped around benches and things with notes saying that the scarves were free to anyone who needed them. I know of another person who knits little caps for newborns to donate to the hospital for parents that can't find or afford hats. (The hospitals around here won't let a baby leave the hospital without a cap.)

Q8: They would just itch and probably get a rash. Lol that's really all that happens, when you wear wool and your skin is sensitive. Maybe there could be a debuff for wearing something uncomfortable.

Q9: You Knitted worry about puns. (I don't really have any.)

Q10: I'd rather have control over who learns to knit in my household. Some Sims in my neighborhood are painters and gardeners already. If you make it to where a knitting Sim just teaches everyone in the house, I feel like it'll throw off some of their personalities. Every Sim is different, after all. Some of my Sims are really into Vampires and Goth. >.> I can't see them as knitters, unless you include something knitted for coffins that has a bat shape.
  • Options
    BlackGardenBlackGarden Posts: 48 Member
    I've skipped a few where I didn't feel like I had any useful input :)

Q2: I'm not too fussed on crochet vs. knitting animations if it means we can have cute crochet items.

Q3: I'm not sure I would ever knit at a desk made just for knitting. I always knit when I'm doing something else. I knit on my lunch break nattering with a colleague, I knit in meetings, I knit in front of the TV or my computer watching Twitch. Maybe I would be less likely to make mistakes which I'd need to go back and correct and the work would go quicker if I did though.

Q4: I'm currently working on a 30 inch baby blanket and, spending between 10 minutes and an hour on it per day, it's taken me a week to complete approximately 1/10th of it. I would put my knitting skill at level 2 or 3, though!

Q5: Yes, as much multi-tasking while knitting as possible. I saw a video of a woman using a stair master while knitting. No joke. It was amazing. Standing up, walking around, definitely no problem. It would be the most amazing thing if reasonably skilled knitters and athletes could combine the treadmill with knitting, that'd be hilarious.

Q6: My grandmother was always correcting my grip when she tried to teach me to knit. She still tells me I'm holding the needles wrong and I'm in my 30s.

Q8: Wearing an awful knitted sweater maybe they get an uncomfortable moodlet, with a random chance of being embarrassed by it instead. But if it was made by someone they're close with, they could also get a happy moodlet from it, "this sweater isn't the best but it was made with love!"

Q10: I would be fine with the teach to knit being autonomous, particularly if another Sim is already knitting. I only find stuff like that intrusive if they become obsessed, for whatever reason, with going and helping people to knit instead of doing what I've directed them to do.

Finally just a random thought that doesn't fit into any of the other categories - an idea for a moodlet that could be sad or angry, probably depending on the Sim's personality. If they have low knitting skill, maybe they spot a mistake in their knitting several rows back, way too late to undo it all and fix it. Moodlet could be "dropped a stitch" or something.
  • Options
    TyraBlueDawnTyraBlueDawn Posts: 1 New Member
    A1: I'd also love to see some Molly Weasley style magical knitting! Maybe tied to the level of practical magic the sim knows somehow.

A2: I wouldn't mind being able to "knit" crochet items, it's basically the same skill anyway irl so I don't mind them being lumped together.

A3: I don't really care for knitting at desks either way. It would probably be a practical animation to be able to knit at a table, but not at the cost of the more common actions like sitting in the sofa/bed/arm chair and knitting. Id' like to see the sims knitting while watching telly and/or talking with people.

A4: I'd like to see a bigger project like a swedish/norwegian traditional sweater taking quite some time, maybe 12 hours in-game that can be divided up over several days. It'd be awesome to see the sim in the middle of a knitting project whip out the project in the middle of a long conversation!

A5: Standing whilst knitting would be a realistic thing to do, also randomly sitting on the floor.

A6: I'd say it's common to start with a small square to practice keeping constant tension, and then move up to a scarf and then maybe a hat and a pair of gloves. Then socks or a sweater depending on the students' patient and skill-level.

A8: The sim should be trying to scratch the itch discreetly to not hurt the makers feelings, and maybe they'd get strange looks from strangers and co-workers. Maybe other knitters will compliment the sweater, or ask if they made it themselves.

A10: I'd love to see the master knitter enthuse about knitting to unsuspecting victims! And it would be really nice to have them autonomously teach others to knit, or maybe give fellow knitters advice when they are working on a project and give that sim a boost in skill or maybe decrease the project time a bit. But I think the auto-teaching shouldn't occur too often, maybe only a little bit here and there or just focused on the masters favourite younger sim or best friend or something like that.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Q8: other sims could make fun of him, be condescendent, etc... the sims itself could feel embaressed except if he is a self assured sim, or have similar confident traits...

Q10: Autonomy on. Much better than using the computer or having a glass of water or watching tv... this would differentiate sim's behaviour according to his life skills. It would be great if it was applied to all the other skills too and specially to traits.
  • Options
    EvieRose269EvieRose269 Posts: 10 New Member
    Q1: Cross pack with get together clubs would be brilliant! Could there be an overlap with parenthood where you can praise your teens for knitting or they gain responsibility for knitting something for someone? Can children knit? If children can knit then this could work for them too.

Q4: the larger something is and the higher skill needed to knit it the longer it should take - like a toy or hat should only take 1-2 hours but a rug takes 4-5 hours.
    What create-a-sim items can we knit? Do we unlock new items as we make them and progress through the skill (I'm assuming its 10 levels)?

Q6 & Q10: “Teach to Knit” interaction and just knitting in general shouldn't be autonomous. I would prefer for knitting to be user-directed.

Q9: knitty gritty, lost your yarn, tight knit group, people say crochet is like knitting but its knot

In terms of moodlets, would you get a inspired moodlet from knitting like other creative hobbies?

As we have painting, writing, and music creative aspirations, could we also have a knitting aspiration where you have to level up in knitting skill and knit 3 toys, or spend 50 hours knitting, or make 5 knitted items of excellent quality? That would be really good, especially for story progression and unlocking different items to knit at different levels.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm not going to answer any of the questions because they seem to be repeating what is already in the game, such as a tense mood for an ugly sweater and as someone pointed out, players don't want townies wearing weird outfits, it's bad enough with the situational outfits feature/bug or whatever. Rule of thumb if you are going to knit, it's most important your Sim have a comfortable chair or some sort of seat. This is time consuming and a chair of proper support is needed. People can't just sit and knit anywhere. Any work like that is hard on the lower back muscles to sit and do this for a very long time. I hope you consider that. I would prefer a Sim not use any autonomus action to try to teach other Sims to knit. We don't want everyone in game learning this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2020
    Q1: Parenthood - parents can encourage children and teens to improve at skills. They should choose knitting as well.
    Cats & Dogs - cats should play with yarn balls and dogs could play with those craftable critters
    Discover University - there should be a Knitting subject as an optional class.

Q2: I would be more than OK with that.

Q3: Not essential for me. It would be nice though, of course.

Q4: I knitted myself a vest - waist lenghth. It took me a month of 2-3 hours of daily knitting. It felt like eternity. Please don't let this happen. I think 3-8 sim hours, depending on the actual thing, would be fine.

Q5: Honestly, NO! I prefer if they would be sitting on their knees. The same way they show picture cards to toddlers. (OT - sims should definitely sit on their knees while they teach toddlers blocks as well. I don't understand why they stand. That doesn't make any sense)

Q6: My mom taught me to knit. I felt overwhelmed and was very focused. Eventually I felt confident. It was a hard time but it has been worth it 100%. It is my way to get much needed rest. I use YT a lot for learning new stiches :) I really wish the animation for knitting would be the continental one (much easier way to knit, and perhaps even to animate)

Q7: I think I don't understand this question. Though I wish our sims could donate knitted stuff via mailbox to different kinds of charities - pet shelters, singlePARENTS, natural disasters,...

Q8: Red spots on a neck, face. Different types of emotion - angry, ashamed, sad, even playful. Whims - switch clothes, get or knit a better piece of clothing, get a shower.

Q9: "My doctor suggested better fiber diet. So I went yarn shopping.","Knit happens.", "I literally can knot." "Knitting take balls."

Q10: Sure! Literally anything autonomous that doesn't destroy lives (such as try for a baby :D ) is great!

And. We need different quality and material kinds of yarns and needles. Thanks.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KatterayuKatterayu Posts: 3 New Member
    Q1: I'm happy about most of these ideas except for fame, fame can be annoying at times especially when you don't want to be famous.

Maybe it can work if you start earning fame slowly whenever your sim has a lot of experience in crafting/knitting?

Or maybe you won't get famous but rather popular in your area, like for example, neighbor sims have heard that your good at crafting so they will randomly send you messages, complimenting you or perhaps that they would like to order something from you like for example a sweater for their child/grandchild, if you accept the order a timer will start, let's say you got one sim day to create a sweater ( just a example time), when you finish the sweater it will go in your sim's inventory, when the timer is over and the sweater is complete it will count as that you have done the order, and the neighbor sim will give you some money for it, the sweater will then vanish from your sims inventory. If you do not complete the sweater and the timer is over, the neighbor sim will send an angry message and cancel the order, perhaps they will gossip about you not finishing the order, making other sims less likely to contact you for an order.

Or if you get more fame or if you have a lot of experience, people will more likely purchase your items from "Etsy".

Q2: I honestly don't mind it.

Q3: I don't think it should be tied to knitting, but maybe make the desks like any other desks in sims, so you can place a laptop or whatever on top of it that you would like, I think the knitting should be more tied to a chair or a couch, but maybe make them more likely to prefer a comfy chair over a dining chair. They should be able to stand and knit as well but I want it to be more likely that they will sit down to knit, maybe they knit slower while standing and faster when they sit on a chair or a couch?

Q4: I don't have much experience with knitting, but I can imagine it taking one day to plenty of days depending on the project.

Q5: Yes, but as suggested above maybe make the knitting go slower if they stand?

Q6: Other people have shown some good suggestions so I won't bother answering this!

Q7: No experience there.

Q8: Itching, maybe they get a little angry/frustrated, perhaps embarrassed for wearing a silly sweater grandma made for them.

Q9: I'm not good at puns, to be honest.

Q10: I don't know about that, I don't want the whole family to end up being master knitters, I would prefer to choose myself who I want to learn knitting to, but maybe elder sims can randomly learn younglings how to knit, but I don't want that to be happening all the time, maybe they randomly just learn it to someone they know well?
  • Options
    brittanylerouxbrittanyleroux Posts: 6 New Member
    Q1: Crosspack! What else would provide fun crosspack functionality? If you wash your knitted stuff in the laundry (laundry day) there could be chance that your knitted stuff could shrink/get ruined. Maybe a special 'delicate' laundry cycle. Seasons: give knitted stuff as gifts. Outdoor retreats: sims could feel more cozy camping in knitted stuff. Cats and Dogs: Cats can steal/play with balls of yarn

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craftable through Knitting, how would you personally feel? Indifferent.

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 - 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? I would like to be able to craft at desks

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft, something Sims can save for later and come back to. In your experience, how long have some of your knitting projects taken? I don't knit, so I can't say.

Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn't find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Yes, but maybe make it uncomfortable?

Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? Some kids should get bored while learning how to knit. Some kids should like it. Could it be tied to traits?

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting. For those of you who may have gone down those paths in real life, what were some interesting takeaways or stories you’d like to see represented? Don't have experience with this.

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them? Cross pack compatibility, could see a rash needing medication (Get to work), Sims could also get an embarrassed moodlet for wearing an awful sweater, while the person who gifted the knitted item could have a 'proud' moodlet for seeing that someone is wearing and 'enjoying' their work.

Q9: I need your best Knitting puns. Feed them to me. I am not that creative.

Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let's say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.

What are your thoughts on potentially “story intrusive” interactions like this, would you be okay to find your family one day all high-level knitters through natural autonomy? Or should this only be user-directed, meaning on you have the ability to choose who gets schooled on knitting. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these sorts of things.

Maybe autonomous actions would have a slower skill gain?
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited March 2020
    @SimGuruConor
    1: Yes, Knitting can be a great Club activity, with boosted learning speed, mood bonuses etc. In my opinion, it is not a glamour like activity, but rather for those serving their families and the community from behind the scene. It should be possible to sell homemade objects and more importantly donate homemade objects as cherity and as gifts to families with babies.

2: Yes, sure - more more more, hahaha

3:A large desk can be cool to use to display objects, but for dayly use and material component for knitting, I'd rather see a small one, that fit in most homes and a knitting handbag for knitting at community lots.

4: I feel it would be ok to let it take time to produce complex objects, while simpler ones should be like painting a large painting. If knitting is connected to a handbag, it will be easy to resume knitting. That will of course be fragile, like completing a homewritten song on the guitar.
    Knitting with multitasking can be great, listening to music or watching tv and look after the kids at the same time. Ok, that may be too ambitious, but that's what I have seen for all my life.

5: If knitting is part of other activities, like calming down a child, it will be natural to knit some while standing up. It should however be limited to resume working on something and not starting a new knitting project.

6: Limiting mentoring to those who master knitting is a bit too much, in my opinion. If skill goes from 1 to 10, I'd say all adults with 5 or so, should be able to teach basics to children. Elders should have an advantage, like granting a speical mood bonus for the activitiy. Maybe helping children to get started can be treated more like learning to walk. All parents can teach children to walk, without beeing olympic champions at speedwalking.

7: Yes, see 1.

8: A negative mood bonus, while wearing the object.
    Angry people can remove the objects and sometimes destroy it. Pets can maybe interact some too or even be invited to destroy unwanted objects. (convert unwanted shirt into a cat's or dogs toy)

9: Knitting is as diverse as anything else within lifestyle and fashion. It may even be revolutionary as mean to free the individual from beeing under domination of the rich and beautiful. Instead of spendning a fortune on clothes n stuff, it can be made and repaired at home.
    Most desirable fashion objects can be homemade only, ingame, something to dream about and work hard to obtain, for all of us.

10: Autonomius teaching and mentoring knitting can be like mastering the childrens stove in Sims 3. They may master the oven as child and then have a skill lv of 3 or so, when they age up to teens and start using the standard stoves. (This means different tools for knitting / methodes or limitations by knitting recipees) The autonomius action can be limited by Traits, so some will be enclined to knit, while others simply refuse to touch that stuff. That way, the game will not be full of knitting masters, after a few days of gameplay.

Thanks for making it possible for us to tell our dreams and hopes for the new pack. :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2020
    Q1: Crosspack! I’m planning on making Knitting compatible with things like Get to Work Retail Lots (including Mannequins!), Get Together’s Club Rules, and City LIving’s Yard Sale Table. What else would provide fun crosspack functionality? For example, should knitting provide Fame in some way?
    A: I can see knitting work with fame when it goes together with being able to share your artwork and creations through their simstagram account, gain followers, gain new fun opportunity messages such as big orders with deadlines that roll in or influencers that want to share your content that will grow your fame etc. With all this you can get known as a social media artist where your items also get the ability to increase in price, profit and sales. That would be fun!
    And for this to work as a open or maybe better freelance career where you can set up your own routine and pace

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craft able through Knitting, how would you personally feel? Happy? Enraged? Strong sense of ennui? We can’t guarantee unique animations for crocheting, but I’d like to still potentially provide them as a craft able object for players.
    A: I do not see it as a problem as it is very close to each other or maybe swap knitting for crocheting and it is very much possible to create blankets, carpets, pillows etc. from crocheting techniques as well as knitting. That might make more sense.

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 - 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? Asking around the office, nobody knits at a desk, but I’m curious if anyone would find value if the new crafting desk tied in with knitting somehow.
    A: If knitting is going to be entirely connected to an object just like we know from many activities in The Sims 4, then I am very sure to say this is a big NO. Knitting should be done anywhere and preferably in a chair, a chair on a desk, on the couch, hell even on the floor, on the bed etc.

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft, something Sims can save for later and come back to. In your experience, how long have some of your knitting projects taken? I’ll try not to make it feel too grindy, but definitely longer than it takes to paint in our game.
    A: I am a proud owner of an online handmade business where I design and craft everything myself. I also knit and since I am not a super advanced knitter, cause I do a lot of other craftsmanship as well, I usually take up to 1-2 weeks for a big blanket or other big projects in that size.

Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn't find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Asking for a friend...
    A: You can tell your friend that it would be better to just sit on the floor and knit. I know there is a limit of animations in packs, but isn't there already an animation of sims sitting on the their knees due to a bug. This could work for me! Standing is still better then getting a message saying 'Cant find chair, so can't knit at all'. But if standing gets prior to floor sitting, I will complain... a lot :)

Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? I’m curious what people think this should look like - both animation and story wise.
    A: Yes please! More family oriented interactions and togetherness. I love the idea of grandma or any advanced knitter teach a young jedi. For one, I imagine a grandma teaching this to actual child sims, so this animation can be implanted from child - elder. Maybe teens could get a bored trait like 'Oh this again, so boring!' if they are not carrying the creative trait and if they try knitting for the first time.
    I'd also like to see the master and student(s) actually facing each other in either a group circle or face-to-face, making eye contact, trying to imitate and react to little mistakes (if the student(s) are/is a beginner). Group mentoring is a must for me! We need more group activities where sims can actually interact together, face each other, talk to each other meanwhile and gain social points from it. Creating a club and have the teacher mentor them in one of our own designed craft studios somewhere on a community lot or at home and grow the whole town into a creative bunch of sims adds a lot to gameplay, so a big YES to this.

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting. For those of you who may have gone down those paths in real life, what were some interesting takeaways or stories you’d like to see represented?
    A: As mentioned before, I do own an Etsy store for some years now. As mentioned earlier: Gaining fame through social media actions and opportunities is really something I'd like to see. Then also being able to have your own online store and manage it from the computer and phone with options as: list this item in shop, set price, write description (gets you more chance for sales), share on simstagram (gets you more chance for sales), run and set up sales and discounts, close up shop, market your item for $ and do social media give aways where the item actually leaves your stock. The more items you share, the more active you are on simstagram, the opportunities you take, the more successful your shop and sales can be.
    I would also like to be able to talk about it with other sims that own a store and then maybe gain more interest in my shop and products, the more you put yourself out there and get known.
    For a real time shop in retail, these options should also apply.

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them?
    A: They could get the uncomfortable emotion until they take the sweater off. I also like them to get the embarrassment emotion if someone gifted this handmade sweater to them and they didn't like it. But then I also want sims to actually respond and feel to what matches with their personality and traits and not just randomly not liking something even though I made them into handmade items and nice enough to appreciate any gift and wear them without feeling ashamed.

Q9: I need your best Knitting puns. Feed them to me.
    A: Ehm I am no good at puns I guess. 'I knit you' -_- Geez, so cringe. or 'Hooked for life'. Oh wait.. i am getting on a roll here: 'We all need more fibers'. 'Knitting socks'. 'Wool you be mine'.

Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let's say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.
    A: I rarely play on autonomous, but when i do I rather have sims act their personality out on a logic matter as well as how others respond to it. I mean, they could try to teach others in a respectable amount of trials, but other sims who are not interested in it should be able to decline on their own as well. This might only work if we actually would get an interest system. So, for now, i think I would not want them to do this on their own. They can knit whenever they want and others can ask for guidance on my request, but not on their own, cause in The Sims 4 things are too random and not according to their interests or personality, so it would cause a big mess.

What are your thoughts on potentially “story intrusive” interactions like this, would you be okay to find your family one day all high-level knitters through natural autonomy? Or should this only be user-directed, meaning on you have the ability to choose who gets schooled on knitting. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these sorts of things.

Like I said before: Only if we have an interest system where we can just select as many interests and a number of dislikes as we want for our sims, so they could decline on their own and start teaching on their own according to how their interests and activity to it were set up by the player and not the game itself.

Thanks for doing this, it was fun! Hope we have as much input in other packs as this one and that our good will and feedback is being used in prior to what the community asks for.
  • Options
    SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    For Q7- For a Etsy type store gameplay, I'd like to see it opened up to not just knitting. Woodworking and painting would also be good for selling online, for example. And since we wouldn't have the hassle of running a retail store in person to level up the store, I feel like the store would need to level up or be impacted by more than just the quality of the goods. When it comes to listing on Etsy, it's not just the quality of the craft but also the price, the shipping timeline/cost, the quality of the photos and how well the listing itself is written. We have the photography skill and the writing skill so they could come into play and build as well. Perhaps Sims have to check for orders and manually click on the item and 'package for shipping' and 'put package in post'.

Perhaps after a sim is a few levels, they can call the hospital and inquire about donations of knitted items, unlocking the option for 'package for donation'.

I don't like it when things are kinda done for us in the game so I would be a bit annoyed if say, listing them on our online store took it out of our inventory (or perhaps off a online inventory shelf?) and we just got a notification and deposit when it sold and that was that. If that's the case, why bother since we can sell things right from our inventory?

Selling on sites like Etsy takes work. On a listing day I would spend a hour taking photos of a handful of items, perhaps another hour sorting through them, editing them and prepping them for listing, a few hours writing listings and doing promotion. That was all outside of my usual crafting time and order fulfillment.

I sold online through Etsy for five years and it took about a year and a half to be able to cover my base Esty operation costs through Etsy sales alone, before I was supplementing with craft events and private local sales. Growth is typically slow and highly dependent on your crafting skills, your photography skills, your writing skill and your social media skill in reality.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • Options
    suaviatesuaviate Posts: 1 New Member
    hi simguruconor, this is my first time on the forums too! i am so hype for this pack and i have Opinions.

Q1/crosspack: yes please!
    get to work: knitting before or after work could provide a reduced stress moodlet allowing fun to decay slower, or a satisfied from hobby moodlet allowing fun and energy to decay slower in active careers.
    get together: knitting clubs, obviously. might be too difficult to implement but it would be incredible if a club could knit a patchwork blanket (wall hanging or rug maybe in the club decorations perks section) together.
    city living: flea market items/yard sale table plus some kind of crafty lot trait. i'm imagining a cafe with the lot trait where the knitting club meet.
    cats & dogs: knitted/crocheted cat toys you can stuff with catnip! one of my real life cats loves these.
    seasons: 'homemade sweater': anti-cold buff in winter/too hot debuff in summer.
    get famous: for me in the game way too many things contribute to fame and i end up with famous sims i don't want, plus knitting leading directly to fame doesn't make sense. however! sims could record crafty videos at the video station/stream knitting for fame/style influencers could get a special interaction to compliment someone on handmade clothes.
    island living: speaking of special interactions... ask mermaid to teach knitted mermaid tail pattern...?
    discover university: random low-chance mail delivery of 'gifts from home': baked goods, knitwear and/or seasonal crafts from the kids' activity table and a +happy buff.

Q2: i'd love to see crochet-like objects (amiguru void critters??? imagine!) & care more about that than seeing different animations. so sims crochet weird, i'm fine with it.

Q3: the craft desk is literally the reason i picked the art style and i think i imagined it being like an adult version of the activity table. like... draw/study patterns (either gives +skill or a +inspired buff like ponder moves in chess), store yarn/supplies like the flower arranging table. all the knitters i know knit on sofas tbh.

Q4: my mum started knitting me a sweater in 1992. she finished it (as a cat cushion) in 2017. so... less time than that please. definitely different time lengths for different projects if possible (like different painting sizes). i'd maybe expect a sweater to be something a sim could finish in 3-4 evenings after work if playing in that kind of style.

Q5: i'm fine with that, and would like to see a preference for sofas/armchairs over dining chairs.

Q6: extremely frustrating, i cannot knit at all! in that vein: parenthood crosspack functionality with tantrums/-emotional control, praise for finishing a project +responsibility and a creative/knitting school project!

Q8: i'm more interested in seasons heat moodlets and would rather any other negative impacts be minimal if we're going to have projects take a long time.

Q10: i'd like to see a heavy peppering of teach to knit whims (oh.. imagine a homecrafter aspiration with e.g. master the baking skill/teach x sims to knit) but no autonomy for the action, please.

thank you, i loved answering this & know i'm going to love the pack!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited March 2020
    A1: Retail, Yard Sales and Clubs, YES! Fame, not by itself or selling the items but as many other activities by making a knitting video and uploading it, maybe being able to make a "photo of" the knitted endproduct (like with flower arrangements) and putting it on simstagram too (?) but I am not that bothered about fame for knitting.
    Also being able to research knitting on the research machine (have a debate about it too maybe) and a knitting skill class sound good.

A2: I wouldn't mind but I don't knit in real life or crochet, so I wouldn't know the difference either way.

A3: Would make sense to me if balls of yarn would then spawn on the desk connected to the knitting in progress. That desk reminds me of the big desks in Art Therapy with more than one person sitting at it, everyone working on their own stuff some drew, some painted and some were knitting there as well, so to me it doesn't seem that unrealistic to knit at a desk.

A4: I have no idea since I don't knit myself but I draw/paint (and let me tell you: Painting is waaay too fast in the game) judging by that it depends on how big and/or complex a creation is...ugh, this one is hard I think I can't really answer it...

A5: I'd rather have them standing than sitting on the floor
    Edit: Unless they can sit crosslegged! But the way sims sit on the floor now is just awefull.

A6: I'd love them both to be knitting and talking and every now and then showing their progress to each other, the mentor will give approval or tipps if the pupil shows their WIP and the pupil will ask questions when the mentor shows theirs.

A7: I have no expirience with that.

A8: Uncomfortable moodlet, also animation of scratching/trying to scratch (unreachable itch) and tearing at it, maybe trying to resist the need to scratch until they can't anymore could be made visible by increasingly eyetwitching and handmovements (like they want to scratch but don't), an option to "scratch like a maniac" or something that will make them do just that and be followed by a "that's better" moodlet (which won't last very long).

A9: umm...I got nothing.

A10: Please not autonomously, no no! I'd rather decide myself who wants to knit, who will teach who and when.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2020
    I learned how to knit when I was a girl. Unfortunately, it really didn't stick. I ended up dropping more stitches than I was able to pick-up. I'm much, MUCH better at crochet, so as long as not all knitting turns into crochet, I'd be fine with it as a craft.

Not a desk, but a comfy chair. Rocking chair comes to mind …

As far as puns go: In the 18th century, "Mind your own knitting" was a common phrase when telling others to mind their own business. ;)

I'm totally on the fence regarding the autonomous mentoring. It could be fun and I suppose, as long as the active Sim could refuse the lesson, that would allow for others who wish to make such decisions on their own.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Q1: I'd like it if knitting provided fame. There are always those indie shops that people get really passionate about and, combined with social media, it's much easier to get recognition. Honestly, the more crosspack play, the better, imo. It would also be really nice to be able to craft some small stuffed toys for pets like little catnip mice for cats or a knitted ball/stuffed chewy for dogs. Maybe toss in some doilies or table decorations that can be taken to restaurants for table decoration.

Q2: I'm in different to this. I feel like if crochet style items are added, then it would sort of be a requirement to add crochet animations and tools, but if that isn't logistically possible because of time or whatever, it isn't going to ruin the game or pack for me to have crochet styled stuff coming from knitting. Yes, it's a minor annoyance, but not a total deal breaker. If it's the choice between more items and more playability by adding crochet style items or nothing, then my choice is always for more.

Q3: The option should be there, yes. I typically don't knit at a desk, but I do have friends that do because they prefer to be able to flatten their projects out to look at them. As with Q2, more options wins out over limiting play every time.

Q4: For me, I knit mostly blankets and usually just as a relaxing hobby to deal with my anxiety. It takes ages for me to complete a project, so I would prefer it not take quite that long in game. I think it's fine to have it as a project that you can't complete super quickly, but I'm really not sure what that balance is because if it takes too long then it's like... might as well not do it, especially if you are looking into using knitting as a career or something for the game.

Q5: Personally, no. More options are better than limited play, but in conjunction with Q4, if we are talking about something that is going to take time and potentially multiple sessions to complete, standing just doesn't make that much sense. Sitting on the ground/floor would be acceptable, though.

Q6: I think this is a really cute idea, but I don't have personal experience with it because I taught myself. My grandmother passed before she could teach me her craft. I think in addition to "Teach to Knit" see if you can add something to the computer that us self-taught knitters can interact with! Like 'watch knitting videos' or something.

Q7: I feel like an Etsy store and donation thing shouldn't just be limited to knitting. There are lots of crafts in the game that could greatly benefit from this addition, so please think about that, too, while moving forward with this idea. It is a great idea, but it should definitely be expanded on. I would love to be able to sell paintings or carvings (as well as knitting) from an online store, and this was a feature that was sorely missing from Get to Work.

Q8: I say it depends on the relationship they have with the sim that gifted the sweater. If it's a high relationship then I'd have them show it off proudly, if a bit cheesy. If it's a lower, more distant relationship, I'd toss in some embarrassment for sure.

Q9: Sorry, I definitely don't have puns.

Q10: I would prefer if this was not autonomous. In real life, I absolutely hate it if someone tries to interfere with what I am doing without my having asked for help.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member

Q1: Crosspack! I would be opposed to fame from knitting because it would be very intrusive on everyday hobby stories, but especially if you made teach to knit autonomous as you ask further down, that's just asking for a return of the fame plague. However, I would LOVE to see knitted objects included in Seasons gift giving mechanic, and if possible autonomously included in City Living Flea Market festival. It would also be interesting to see it interact with that one transforming spell from Realm of Magic (and or the transform sim Ray feature from get to work). Knitting skill should be something you can gain from the wishing well from Romantic garden too!

Q2: I would be fine with more crochet-like objects being created through the knitting skill. I personally crochet rather than knit, and would rather see the objects included then not even without a unique animation. They are similar enough that I would be fine with it and would just rather have crochet style items then not at all.

Q3: cool crafty desk (49 - 52 in the object vote). The only use I could see would that it would maybe make crafting a large rug or stitching together knit pieces for a project requiring multiple pieces easier, but really it comes across as more of a sewing thing, I'm not sure it needs to be tied to the crafting,

Q4: I’m the wrong person to consult, some of my stuff takes literal years because of how long I put it down for between knitting and crocheting and sewing sessions, I have joint pain issues. I would love to see sims put projects down and come back to them, or even for sims to be ABLE to finish another sims project, if grandma dies, the granddaughter might finish the project as a memento, etc. that said, tying emotions to knitted objects would be interesting.

Q5: Only if it negatively affected the quality, I once tried to crochet standing, and it messed up the size of my stitches, I would assume knitting would have similar problem,

Q6: I learned from books and online tutorials, so...maybe there could be an option there too? My grandmother did teach me to sew and that involved doing a project together.

Q8: On one hand an uncomfortable moodlet makes sense, but I would also expect that good sims would feel happy about wearing a gift please someone. So a mixed bag?

Q10: IF knitting grants fame then it should definitely NOT be autonomous to teach to knit. If fame was NOT involved I would be less opposed but would like to see it capped or restricted in some way? Maybe you can only "teach to knit" sims who have skill level 1 or higher in knitting, so non-knitting sims wouldn't learn autonomously but could improve autonomously? Or if it was easier maybe you could only gain skill points from teach to knit up to skill level 5, so you don't end up with autonomously level 10 knitters but they still could learn in the background? Also if "teach to knit " is autonomous, I don't want it to be a persistent queue dominating interaction forced on my active sim, if I tell grandma, no I don't want to learn to knit right now, I'm taking an angry poop and going to bed, I don't want her to keep trying to fill my queue with "teach to knit" interactions, walking in on my sim in the bathroom, etc. I play multiple active households in a save, so coming back to find a household that had a knitting granny are all suddenly level 10 Famous knitters would be....annoying. Funny the first time, but annoying overall as to how I play.
  • Options
    HalGal9HalGal9 Posts: 1 New Member
    Crosspack!
    Q1: I think it would be amazing if cats and dogs can steal your yarn. You always see in movies where the cat covers the whole room with the yarn from crafting. It would also be amazing to see the vacuum break from swallowing yarn scraps. Also, a neat Seasons crossover I think would be if you go out in the rain in a sweater or knit, your sim gets a “wet and wooly” negative moodlet from being in a wet knit. Another for seasons would be for winter having scarves and maybe having a thing you can put by the door they can hang knitted hats, and scarves on, like how the umbrella stand works. For Discover University I think it would be the World to me if my sim could major in Textiles or Textile Arts or even just some kind of Fashion related major. My own major is Textiles, Apparel and Merchandising and I actually have taken a weaving class in college so I think that knitting could be in a major. As for in a get famous crossover, I think it would be cool if your sim could possibly have their own craft show like you see Martha Stewart. With Laundry day, I think it would be amazing if your sim can wash their products and make them softer, with the possibility that it could turn out wrong tho. It would be funny too if your sim has to air dry knitted stuff if they put it in the dryer it shrinks.

“Crochet-Like” objects
    Q2: It would depend on how noticeable it is. However, please work on that. Another thing, there is a difference between woven and knitted.

Crafty desk
    Q3: I normally do not knit at a desk because my sewing machine takes up my desk space. However, I think that they could have a table loom or measure their materials at the desk.

Time to craft
    Q4: It depends on the project size and materials used also skill. I’d think the more they knit the faster they can finish a project.

Place to sit,
    Q5: Could they possibly sit on the floor cross-legged and knit? I think this would be cool for teens or kids to do. However, I think that it would depend on what type of knitting they were doing, if it were with needles or a loom to. I think knitting standing up would take a very high level of skill, that your sim could possibly reach.

Mentor interaction,
    Q6: THIS INTERACTION IS A MUST!!!! As an old sole as myself I actually taught myself how to knit. However, my great grandma taught me how to sew when I was about 6 or 7 and I treasure this. She taught me how to sew through hand sewing quilting block together. I think it would be cool if Sims can work on projects together somehow. So they could possibly have family treasures like being able to say “ I knitted this blanket with my grandma.” I think it would be adorable if your younger sim, the project would fall apart early on and the older sim would comfort them.

Etsy store-like gameplay,
    Q7: I think this would be amazing. I think you could have your Sims run the risk of the Etsy products they buy being not the best quality or getting bargains. I think it would be cool if your sim could possibly have access to Pinterest, maybe call it Simterest and can make posts about things they did or raise skills by looking at posts.

Awful, itchy sweater
    Q8: Could they possibly break out in hives? Or possibly have a rash? They could possibly have the option if the player catches it soon after it starts, or to prevent this bad moodlet to put on an undershirt. It would be funny I think if your sim if they had an angry trait of some kind to get upset and tear the sweater up, only to result in the relationship between the person and the person that made it to fall. The maker would also get a sad moodlet of some kind.

Knitting puns.
    Q9: getting down to the Knittie grittie, I did Knot mean to do that, You just cut me up, Getting back in the Knit of things, Wet and wooly, Tied up in a project, Just Knot my day, Do you Knot like it?

“Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous?
    Q10: I think this would be amazing as long as some sims get annoyed with that sim as well. We need that reaction of some Sims being, “okay boomer” and walking away if it is autonomy. We’d also need an on and off cheat to go with this for the simmers that only want grandma to know for their game play story lines. I think that it would be cool if there was a trait of some kind that gives younger sims an “Old Soul” moodlet to where they want to be taught too.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2020
    Q1 - I'm so happy about crosspack functionality! The ideas you mentioned are great. A famous knitter could be interesting (almost like a style-influencer creating their own designs) and it would be fantastic if pets, specifically cats, could play with the yarn and cause a mess. Would it be too much to ask to make other "knitted" items from the base game or other packs be knittable as well? If yes, that's totally okay with me.

Q2 - Though i would like animations specifically for crocheting, I would be more than happy to have crochet items craftable through knitting.

Q3 - I'd be fine with those functioning as a normal desk, but it would be neat if your Sim could sit and knit there as well.

Q4 - I don't knit, so I can't tell you how long it actually takes to knit something, but I wouldn't want to knit on something in the game for longer than one Sim week, lol.

Q5 - I'd be fine with them standing and knitting but ONLY IF there's no place to sit - could it be possible to sit on the ground and knit?

Q6 - I would like the grandchild to sit on their grandma's lap with the grandma physically helping the kid to knit and guiding them through the whole process. As the kid's knitting skill improves, the grandma won't assist as much anymore and would praise them instead (like saying: "Good job!" in Simlish and maybe rubbing their head).

Q7 - I don't know anything about that, but it would be nice to be able to knit something and send it off to orphans/people in need or just to be able to give knitted gifts to anyone.

Q8 - They would become Uncomfortable and scratch their whole torso in annoyance. They'd also get a negative moodlet.

Q9 - "That is knit my job!"

Q10 - it would be cool to have the interaction be autonomous, as long as it's not happening all the time (maybe once every few Sim days), otherwise it could get rather annoying.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    Q1: Crosspack! I’m planning on making Knitting compatible with things like Get to Work Retail Lots (including Mannequins!), Get Together’s Club Rules, and City LIving’s Yard Sale Table. What else would provide fun crosspack functionality? For example, should knitting provide Fame in some way?

I love all of those ideas, a new Season's tradition and Icon would be nice, perhaps even gifting some yarn (I hope we have to buy yarn(maybe even specific colors to complete a project). Also a Season's event like Valentine's Day (but like a Giving Back day or so) where crafting plays a role would be cool. Season's New Year's Resolution to finish a knitting project. This might be a stretch but with laundry day, washing something that was crafted with the laundry additive might create a moodlet that says something along the lines of how soft it is (as if you used a fabric softener). Parenthood character values can be affected by crocheting or wearing crocheted items, or even actually finishing a project (please allow kids to knit). Parenthood school projects can be a knitting project. Get Famous knitting video option would be cool, or in fame donating a crafted object, or even receiving one as a fan-made gift. Like others have said, I need a Get Together Knitting group.

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craftable through Knitting, how would you personally feel? Happy? Enraged? Strong sense of ennui? We can’t guarantee unique animations for crocheting, but I’d like to still potentially provide them as a craftable object for players.

I personally crochet (I also embroider and sew, but I don't knit), and I doubt it will be a big deal. As long as there are more crafting options.

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 - 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? Asking around the office, nobody knits at a desk, but I’m curious if anyone would find value if the new crafting desk tied in with knitting somehow.

I have crocheted at my desk before, it would be cool if the sim reached into the desk to get more yarn, or when they first sat down they opened a drawer to get the needles, perhaps even the ability to watch SimsTube videos or knitting tutorials at their desk while knitting (with the project on the lap or something).

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft, something Sims can save for later and come back to. In your experience, how long have some of your knitting projects taken? I’ll try not to make it feel too grindy, but definitely longer than it takes to paint in our game.

I would love that, if I am crocheting something like a hat it takes about 2 hours (a measurement animation would be great (and could increase the quality) much like the one from the style influencer career). A sweater is much more of a time commitment maybe 12-22 hours depending on the stitch and whether or not I know the proper measurements.

Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn't find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Asking for a friend...

That's cool, maybe they put on a bag or something though (like a cross-body or satchel that contains the yarn). Maybe even a child kneeling by the fireplace next to the rocking chair to knit.

Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? I’m curious what people think this should look like - both animation and story wise.

My older sister used to knit and she wanted to teach when I was younger but she was rather hot-headed so it didn't work too well. She ended up gifting me a ton of spare yarn and recommending some blogs and videos and books. Much like the Spa Day "Offer mental relaxation techniques", "recommend knitting blog/tutorial" or even a new text option/email option that says "share Simsterest knitting project." I am the only one in my family that crochets, I often give projects as Christmas gifts that I start well in advance. I have tried many times to teach my mother and other older sister to crochet but I can almost see their brain short-circuiting. Perhaps a whiz knitting kid can teach older siblings, peers, even parents and grandparents to crochet.
    Maybe a group "teach to knit" interaction, your sim kid could invite their friends over and the adult could teach them all together.

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting. For those of you who may have gone down those paths in real life, what were some interesting takeaways or stories you’d like to see represented?

Yes! I live in NYC, the homeless population is outrageous, in high school we crafted scarves, hats, gloves, and socks (they weren't the best but they worked) and gave them out in train stations and donated many scarves to shelters. Perhaps like a school event comes up where the kids took a field trip to a homeless shelter and gave out crafted items.

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them?

Increased empathy and emotional control if they wear it for more than 15 minutes. Maybe a picture interaction with a pained smile from the recipient that you might even be able to send back to the gift-giver as a thank you.

Q9: I need your best Knitting puns. Feed them to me.

"Aran you glad you're done" at the end of your project (Aran knitting style pun).
    "This is the skein of my existence" (rhymes with bane, for a skein of yarn) (when a sims is working on a more intensive project).
    "When in doubt Yarn Over" (I should say start over, but unless you're a perfectionist it's good enough just keep going) (when the sims makes a mistake, or perhaps if they are working sloppily on the project)
    "Can I please weave!" (Sim being forced to learn knitting when they don't want to, especially by an older sim or grandparent so they feel obligated)
    "Dear Me! Amigurumi" (When a Sim sees one of those cute craftable toys (amigurumi is the name of that crochet art form))

I am no good at this, forget this ever happened.

Hopefully not constantly, it sounded good until that word. If they gained maybe one or two skill points because of it that is okay but I say after that it should be an active pursuit. But if this does happy, it would be funny to see a sim vent about the unwanted skill.

Wait, can we pretty, pretty please craft baby clothes or blanket like objects for cribs or for around bottles?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Please don't make teaching knitting autonomous!!
  • Options
    VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    Hi there Conor, thank you for these questions.

Q1: Crosspack, Yes.
    I like the first 3 you've mentioned but I see a problem with acquiring fame from something I consider to be a modest & homey activity.
    No Fame, but artists should be able to make a living selling their wares.

Q2: Sure! knitting is so similar to crochet in terms of the look of the crafted item. It's just the method that is different.

Q3: No. I would like that artsy looking desk to function as a normal desk that I can crowd with decor/clutter.

Q4: The very long time it takes to knit IRL is a bit too long. Here is my personal estimation for sims beginning to knit for first time.
    a. cup cozy, finger puppets, wall decor, coasters- 3 hrs each
    b. scarves, socks (pair), hats- 1 day each
    c. pillows, hanging planters, macrame, lamp shades- 1 1/2 days each
    d. rugs, blankets, plushies, & decorative detailed decor- 2 days each
    e. clothing item- 3 days each

Q5: Standing up to knit is fine as long as they have their knitting basket with them to place the yarn ball into while the needles are in hand. The standing while knitting should only work while off the home lot. The option to leave the basket at home is a good way to keep sims from constantly playing musical chairs (or lack there of).

Q6: I've never met any of my grandparents when they were around. Now, in my 30's I deeply cherrish the friendship I have with Karen (my 85 yr old friend) who was happy to teach me the ropes.

Once begining to learn it can be hilariously frustrating. I keep thinking "this has to be wrong" when it was correct just because holding the yarn and getting used to the movements of your fingers is so awkward.
    You may get overwhelmed with having to pay attention to everything all at once at the start, but when you get stressed TAKE A BREAK!
    If you aren't enjoying the journey the point of it as a hobby is lost.
    Then comes the actual knitting... I've ended up with skipping stiches and even dropping the whole project off the needles a whole bunch at the start.
    At this point its better to start over than salvage the project because, lets be honest, there is no way you've got that far just yet. PLUS, this very "Blunder" helps you get the basics down in memory.

Q7: N/A
    Q8: N/A
    Q9: N/A

Q10: THE BIG ONE, yes&no!
    I do beleive the knitting could get out of hand if sims could "autonomously teach to knit".

When playing I have aging off for all but my active households. Full autonomy & Long lifespan.
    I seldomly have an entire generation all in one household.
    Either the kids move out as young adults or the grandparents retire and move out.

If possible, can the "autonomous teach to knit" happen only with the grandparent teaching their grandchild.
    Grandparents must be in the same family is grandchild (DUH). I say this because i'm worried that any grandparent may end up walking up to the playground to teach and that is NOT ok. lol.

This was really fun. Thanks!
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Q1: Please, PLEASE don't forget to add Knitting as a club interaction, it's a basic thing guys and you keep forgetting to do it with new pack features!

Q4: I prefer if it's a slow thing that Sims can save for later, to prevent it from being grindy there should be plenty of ways to multitask while doing it, like knitting while watching TV and talking to your family at the same time should be a basic thing.

Q5: No, I'd find it strange, it's better if they sit on the floor to do it.

Q8: In addition to all the usual moodlets, it would be a cool detail if the Sims did a small scratching animation from time to time.

Q10: If there is way to do this, make it autonomous only to other Sims that already have a Level in Knitting, not for Sims who don't know it at all.
  • Options
    ossi_simsossi_sims Posts: 11 New Member
    Q1:Knitting related odd jobs like 'could someone make me a sweater',and in parenthood if your teen/child was angry they could knit to calm down
    Q2:that would be nice!
    Q3:---------
    Q4:the time that you use depends on what you are making,like sweater would be 8-12 sim hours...
    Q5:I would be okay with it.
    Q6:---------------
    Q7:I Would love to have etsy kind of thing where we could sell stuff AND buy knitted things,Yarn(and maybe even painting, and wood working things)that other sim's have made.it would be nice if this 'etsy' would be randomized every 2 simdays so there would be different things available.
    Q8:They would get angry/embarrassing moodlets,maybe even die xD
    Q9:----------------
    Q10:idk.
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I think if there is a farming pack coming soon it should link with this and you should be able to raise sheep and use their wool for knitting (:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top