Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS Missed Opportunities Pack

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Alright, I'm ill and bored, and need some distraction. So I thought of a silly experiment. Let's imagine EA decided to make a pack that includes all the missed opportunities, meaning all the things we thought they should've added to certain packs but didn't. Welcome to The Missed Opportunities Pack!

Here is my list (more to follow):
- Bunk beds (Kids room, Parenthood, Strangerville, Discover University, Tiny Living)
- Toddler items such as a small kitchen, xylophone and more items they can use together (Toddler Stuff)
- Pet Store (C&D)
- Small animals, more than the few cages we have and not as a separate pack (C&D)
- Preschool (Toddler Stuff)
- Private school (Kids Room)
- Loves/Hates Supernatural and Loves/Hates Technology traits (Realm of Magic)
- Comic book store (Discover University)

Okay my brain is a little foggy so I'll try to think of others later but I'm curious to see what you guys would add :)

Comments

• Options
    Aw right forgot one:
    Drums / bands (Get Famous, maybe DU)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’d add horses, resorts, school, cars, personality.....
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Fire fighters, police, burglars (all in Get to Work) Actual meaningful interactions.
    Childrens ability to make magic, invisible friends (I want them back so badly) Social bunny and Father Time popping up at new year.
    Apple bobbing,
    Games of Tick
    Cops and Robbers (for the kids)
    Disasters (natural, death by meteor, death by car when one drives right through your sim.)
    Broomstick stunts
    Proper curses, I liked the toad curse.
    Tree houses
    Dressing up box
    Festivals so the world celebrates along as you do, so the Romance Festival at least could have been tied into Love Day. Christmas could have had a grotto that the kids got to visit to meet Santa. Fair type thing where there was a haunted house for them to visit on Halloween even if it was just a rabbithole.
    Psychic Career
    Ghost Hunting
    Cemetaries full of .... ghosts!
    I really miss the mausoleum
    More Traits
    And suddenly I'm caring now about free babies and a pram to push them in.
    Clothing specific catagory for teens (I'm old)

I do have an imagination otherwise I wouldn't still be playing Sims 4, ;but I'd really like to be able to do more things with the kids and the teens.
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    I wish they'd included a private practice for doctors, or a private detective in Get To Work. I guess when my doctor sim maxes out her career I'll check to see if there are any mods for that.
  • Options
    Yes, forgot about real police and burglars in GTW, good point @Bloosmoo - and yes, being able to curse sims on purpose would've been nice :(

@OriginalName ikr, I have this beautiful little practice in the military that no one can actually use 🙄 so please share the mod if you find it.

Also agree on better personalities @Dianesims, still the biggest missed opportunity in the base game.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    I still think a teenager stuff pack would be a cool addition, I mean you have parenthood but it doesn't focus specifically on teens and teens are at that point where they've outgrown the kids' stuff and they're generally not interested in YA/Adult stuff. They could add new pop and boyband type of songs that teens generally listen to like simlish versions of 1 Direction and Ariana Grande, and new fashion styles that are unique and applicable to most teenagers and of course some new traits (shy around boys/girls, fanfic writer, comic book collector, etc).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Personality, attraction, fear, real babies. There are so many things that are missed opportunities in this game. I haven't really lost hope for these things being added in at some point in the future. I love the game, it's my favourite iteration so far but at the same time I can't help wish there was more when it comes to how our sims are created and act.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I still think a teenager stuff pack would be a cool addition, I mean you have parenthood but it doesn't focus specifically on teens and teens are at that point where they've outgrown the kids' stuff and they're generally not interested in YA/Adult stuff. They could add new pop and boyband type of songs that teens generally listen to like simlish versions of 1 Direction and Ariana Grande, and new fashion styles that are unique and applicable to most teenagers and of course some new traits (shy around boys/girls, fanfic writer, comic book collector, etc).

Agreed that a teenager pack would be neat. They really need more to do! I also wish there were more ways for teens to interact with uni - not necessarily by attending but by going to special skill classes to help get them into distinguished degrees, or maybe going to an info session or whatnot!

Btw, sorry if this is a little self promotion but I recently remade one of the magnolia promenade lots to be a teen / YA hangout. You might enjoy it, as it at least gives teens a place to chill :) here's the link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5D0B028C45F911EA8B26424E4954C218?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Joanne_Snow&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Missed opportunities I wish we had gotten with recent packs

- bikes for children (DU)
    - magic for children (RoM)
    - magic leyline lot trait (random chance of spellcaster being born) (RoM)
    - magic hang out lot trait (autonomous use of magic by visitor, basically allowing a magic lot wherever we want) (RoM)
    - familiars we can interact with, feed them, pet them,... (RoM)
    - tiny living space savers like a fridge with usable counter top, laundry machine that slots into counters, loft beds,... (tiny living)
    - child mermaids (island living)
    - boats for two with the option for the passenger to be a child (island living)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dancing face to face
    Slow dancing

I think I am going to complain about this until it gets done. This is something pretty basic and definitely should be in the game by now.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Missed opportunities I wish we had gotten with recent packs

- bikes for children (DU)
    - magic for children (RoM)
    - magic leyline lot trait (random chance of spellcaster being born) (RoM)
    - magic hang out lot trait (autonomous use of magic by visitor, basically allowing a magic lot wherever we want) (RoM)
    - familiars we can interact with, feed them, pet them,... (RoM)
    - tiny living space savers like a fridge with usable counter top, laundry machine that slots into counters, loft beds,... (tiny living)
    - child mermaids (island living)
    - boats for two with the option for the passenger to be a child (island living)

Big fat yes to all of this! Especially magic for children.. :(
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Better wedding dresses! Wedding veils! Best man and maids. Ring bearer, and flower girl etc.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Personalities
    Diving spots which aren't rabbit holes
    Bunkbeds and lofts
    Futons
    More emotions: fear, creeped out
    Sims being able to do things together a bit, well, better
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thinking of Tiny Living and bunk beds, I just thought of something else I'd like to have seen included: single sims bed woohoo. Especially in combination with bunk beds, it could've been a real space saver. And I mean, they can also do it in coffins, so why would they need a large bed ;)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I could write a novel about all of the missed opportunities of every single pack, but my biggest let down is that toddler stuff didn't add new toddler beds. We've not gotten a new bed for them in a single pack ever and that it itself is really annoying, but the fact that the TODDLER FOCUSED PACK, added not 1 new bed for them is horrid.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Pool Tables
    More radio stations
    slow dance together
    Photobooths (miss those from the Sims 2 days)
    Turn-Ons & Turn-Offs
    Werewolves
  • Options
    I could write a novel about all of the missed opportunities of every single pack, but my biggest let down is that toddler stuff didn't add new toddler beds. We've not gotten a new bed for them in a single pack ever and that it itself is really annoying, but the fact that the TODDLER FOCUSED PACK, added not 1 new bed for them is horrid.

Agreed. Same with counters in the kitchen pack.. and I'm starting to get a feeling I can soon add things here for the knitting pack 🙄
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think the decision to exclude pet stores this time was deliberate, because of their reputation for using puppy mills. And I'm honestly fine with that.

The rest are definite missed opportunities though.

And it still baffles me to this day why cats can go on beds in this game, but dogs can't.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh so true! I also wish cats could still go on the bed even when two sims are lying on it or when it's a single sim bed. It would be so cute if child sims could have their cat curled up on the same bed at night ♥️

Speaking of which: dog houses!!!

And another that came to mind: off the grid should have included an alternative to the defendr light. There is some cc that acts as such and doesn't require electricity but it baffles me they didn't think about this. No fun living off the grid with the monster showing up every single night.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh yeah, excluding dog houses was a deliberate decision too. And that one I don't agree with. Dog houses are fine.

And yeah, the monster under the bed has gotten so annoying. I can't imagine not using the night light
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    The monster under the bed must be one of the worst tuned features ever (and the list is long)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Doghouses
    Controllable pets
    Pet competitions
    Pet Careers
    Headmaster
    Supermodel career
    Star trailer
    Cash register
    Pillow fights
    Greek houses
    Fortune telling
    Bowling lot type
    Mystery shopper for businesses
    Garden club
    Hotels and resorts
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @simgirl1010 You can make greek houses in DU, you just have to forbid the undesired gender from the uni housing and give it a greek name. Its easy like that, because in Sims 2/3 the greek houses didn't had any special features to them besides asking to join. I jsut don't undestand why they didn't add premade greek houses to the game.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Doghouses

Yes! It'd be nice for my Sims' dogs to have a quiet spot in the backyard.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Thanks @Karon. My current Uni student lives off campus but I'll try that with the next sim I send to Uni. Maybe try to combine it with some sort of club activity.