Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is EVERY adult constantly breaking my Child Sim's dollhouse?

AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
The dad broke it, the neighbors (both husband AND wife) break it, mom's friends break it. The kid does nothing wrong and these Sims don't have the "Hates Children" trait. Colour me dumbfounded.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is a Mean or Mischief interaction. It can also be prompted by an Angry mood. Do you have Playful or Angry décor in the home? I actually had to lock doors to a Mean Sim who would perpetually smash her son's dollhouse, if I didn't go way out of my way to prevent it.
  • Options
    I do not have decors in the house that would trigger it aside from a puppet show and the dollhouse itself
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Do they have mean or hot-headed traits then? I've had some sims break dollhouses constantly but it's usually either about the traits or being in angry mood. Most sims seems to leave them alone.
  • Options
    One of them does, but everyone else seems fine. They come over and head straight for the dollhouse.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Maybe they're just trying to satisfy their fun needs?
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Every time I throw a party, someone comes over already angry. I lock bedrooms so guests can't get in, and they knock over my trashcan instead. The dollhouse usually gets destroyed by my kids. They get hangry or overtired and autonomously destroy the dollhouse, then cry because it's broken. Silly Sims.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    You can guarantee if you put a dollhouse on a community lot that it will be permanently smashed up. Bad sims.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well... you have to keep your Sims under control... Or lock the door to the dollhouse ;)
    To be fair tho, if they are angry enough to destroy the dollhouse they will also kick over the trash bin just as often.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Well... you have to keep your Sims under control... Or lock the door to the dollhouse ;)
    To be fair tho, if they are angry enough to destroy the dollhouse they will also kick over the trash bin just as often.

Yup. While I've never had much of an issue with Sims breaking dollhouses (I lock bedrooms off for only household use at all times, with exceptions of certain friends visiting), I will always find their trash cans knocked over outside after having visitors.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They do this predictable behavior whenever they get angry. Smashing doll houses, kicking bins. It's rather annoying really.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    They do this predictable behavior whenever they get angry. Smashing doll houses, kicking bins. It's rather annoying really.

I know right? As if everyone who gets angry in the world is defined by finding the nearest doll house and smash it. It's like when I have a little girl sim and she gets sad, she runs to the nearest walk in closet to cry and sob her heart out. But when I have this big, tough, muscular dude who gets sad, he does the same thing, run to the nearest walk in closet and cry like a little girl. The range of behavior within specific emotional moods is so limited without sims having a personality.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

I know right? As if everyone who gets angry in the world is defined by finding the nearest doll house and smash it. It's like when I have a little girl sim and she gets sad, she runs to the nearest walk in closet to cry and sob her heart out. But when I have this big, tough, muscular dude who gets sad, he does the same thing, run to the nearest walk in closet and cry like a little girl. The range of behavior within specific emotional moods is so limited without sims having a personality.

However it's only visitors for me. And visitors that are angry for some reason (randomly) when visiting. I never have a Sim getting angry that lives on a lot.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Maybe they're trying to send a message that the kid spends too much time playing with the dollhouse.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited February 2020
    Had the same thing happen to me all the time.
    Whenever visiting sims were angry, they went straight for the dollhouse.
    Talking about rude.. Cooking in your friends house is considered rude, but smashing a toddlers dollhouse is completely fine.. ok!

I also had a toy store where I kept a dollhouse for my toddler to come and play and customers kept braking it, so i had to put it in a closed fence. So annoying!
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    There was a thread the other day talking about being kicked out of someone's house for cooking in their home - why isn't destroying a child's dollhouse a removable offence?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't even give my kids doll houses cuz their parents keep breaking them
  • Options
    There was a thread the other day talking about being kicked out of someone's house for cooking in their home - why isn't destroying a child's dollhouse a removable offence?

You can immediately ask them, or any sim to leave. They will comply 100% of the time.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I always have my sims ask angry sims to leave the moment they show up at their house after having the dollhouse stomped on and garbage kicked over too many times before they can even start doing damage.

The only place I couldn't stop it was when I had a sim in the doctor career. I went to work with him, and almost every day, an orderly would beat up the big stuffed toy near the check-in desk.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hate dollhouses. They either get constantly destroyed or are a magnet for sims.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

You can immediately ask them, or any sim to leave. They will comply 100% of the time.

But I want them to know WHYYYYY I am kicking their butts to the curb. Dollhouses are expensive! Hahaha
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Traits need to affect emotional expression and add different interactions. Angry poop should only come from slobs.
  • Options

But I want them to know WHYYYYY I am kicking their butts to the curb. Dollhouses are expensive! Hahaha

Sims are jerks. What can I say?
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member

Sims are jerks. What can I say?

I like it when my angry sims smash dollhouses while my childish sims cry beside them.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I put my dollhouses in a small room whose only access is a large pet door so only toddlers can get to it. It was that or never get one. Though I've since turned the break autonomy off with MCCC :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Anisim wrote: »
    The dad broke it, the neighbors (both husband AND wife) break it, mom's friends break it. The kid does nothing wrong and these Sims don't have the "Hates Children" trait. Colour me dumbfounded.

Yea I have to lock my dollhouses away behind gated fences. And it's like the kids are auto programmed to know when it's broken on the lot and run to cry about it. 😖 drives me up.a wall. Even my best of sims break it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(