Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Mod To Fix The Uncle Thing? SOLVED! Yay

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 283 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Have you looked to see if an uncle or aunt has romantic options they can use on the niece or nephew once they are grown? Not the one closest to the neice etc. but one further away on the family tree. It's true they developed the bolts after bust a move, but it's also true this can develop on normal Sims (not kin) who do any interaction not just romantic. The weird thing is they had not been out of the house to flirt or find out who they like or decide who or which gender or whatever. I played them til she grew up and then this happened. I guess they should have gotten out more. (that's a joke).

No romantic options (outside of Family Kiss), regardless of how far out on the family tree they go, or if they are from a second marriage or romantic tryst. (Including the son of a set of twins from one set of parents, and his youngest aunt, who is the same age, and the aunt had a different father.) I am pretty sure, however, that is due to the fact they are marked with 'Family' in the relationship panel. From what I can tell they also do not get lightning bolts when they are marked that way. Did you check and see if they are marked as family in the relationship panel, cause if they are and still have a lightning bolt then that certainly would be strange.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I know I say this with most bugs/glitches but man, am I REALLY glad I haven't experienced this one.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Have you looked to see if an uncle or aunt has romantic options they can use on the niece or nephew once they are grown? Not the one closest to the neice etc. but one further away on the family tree. It's true they developed the bolts after bust a move, but it's also true this can develop on normal Sims (not kin) who do any interaction not just romantic. The weird thing is they had not been out of the house to flirt or find out who they like or decide who or which gender or whatever. I played them til she grew up and then this happened. I guess they should have gotten out more. (that's a joke).

No romantic options (outside of Family Kiss), regardless of how far out on the family tree they go, or if they are from a second marriage or romantic tryst. (Including the son of a set of twins from one set of parents, and his youngest aunt, who is the same age, and the aunt had a different father.) I am pretty sure, however, that is due to the fact they are marked with 'Family' in the relationship panel. From what I can tell they also do not get lightning bolts when they are marked that way. Did you check and see if they are marked as family in the relationship panel, cause if they are and still have a lightning bolt then that certainly would be strange.

Yes, they were still family on the family tree, but no line to her. Just a line to her mother who then had a line to her uncle (the mother's brother). I moved him out because of this so when they were on community lots when I was playing other Sims I would see them flirt etc.
    Since then I have pulled those files and started over, because I think my cc is slowing down my game as I sometimes have way too much and I really can't trust SimsPK CleanInstaller anymore, since if I delete duplicates, I lose recolors and if I say No when installing back in any of my own homes etc. No doesn't mean no anymore in the clean installer and may (often) go ahead and install those same recolors etc. making me have way too much cc for game to perform smoothly and not lag etc. Thanks for the suggestions but I couldn't solve it without a complicated prodcedure with SimPE because he remained on the family tree and shouldn't have lost any of his restrictions placed on family members.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 283 Member
    What a weird situation. Sorry you were unable to fix it, but hopefully what you have done and are doing will keep it from getting worse.