Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing Categories - Which is Lacking?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Cold Weather
    It’s really a tie for me between cold weather and sleepwear. Actually, if I could change my vote, sleepwear is the most lacking category, I think.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I normally unchecked the filter for the categories & dressed my Sims based on their personality, than follow what the categories are those clothes should belong to. However I do agree that the men's selections are the worst. More than anything, I would love to see more accessories varieties, clothes for the kids & toddlers too. Besides than the categories, I would prefer to have an option of outerwear where the Sims can mix & match with jackets & blazers on top of the selected cloths that they're wearing.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear for sure. Men only have like two boxer types and no briefs at all.

In my opinion, formal is also lacking for females. There are very few good looking normal formal dresses. Everything either looks like a party dress or a 1970's dress.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear, as there is so little. We need more of all types of sleepwear - more cozy sleepwear, more underwear/lingerie style sleepwear, more generic sleepwear and for all ages and genders (even YA women suffer here!).

Cold also needs more, I hate it when I have a family and I'm trying to give them different coats and it's difficult if you have more than 2 sims of the same gender as there are no options! I'm either stuck trying to accessorize trying to make them not look like clones, or going for options not tagged for cold weather but that can kinda pass as is. Which sucks.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sleepwear
    Not a single nightgown for girls, or a modest nightgown for teen-Elder. More toddler onesies and outfits with footies. I'd also like an old-style nightshirt for boys and men.

Rather than yet another pair of short-shorts, they could throw in one item for each age, male, female or neutral, that is more 'traditional' nightwear.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Cold Weather
    No game after The Sims 1 had enough in the cold weather category. Like have the Maxis-team ever spent time in the cold? Sweaters? That's for indoor use! Open jacket? Please. And the few jackets that are actually closed, still look like autumn jackets too me. What about winter?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Cold Weather
    Tistou wrote: »
    No game after The Sims 1 had enough in the cold weather category. Like have the Maxis-team ever spent time in the cold? Sweaters? That's for indoor use! Open jacket? Please. And the few jackets that are actually closed, still look like autumn jackets too me. What about winter?
    Couldn't agree more. I often end up using some not so wintery jackets on my sims. The positive side is that it doesn't look so bad when they also use them indoors, lol. However I'm really hopeful that if we get the winter pack that was hinted in that recent survey this lack of winter wear will get fixed.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cheap, illfitting and ripped clothes for those not so rich sims
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sleepwear
    Tistou wrote: »

They're around San Francisco. Even if they grew up elsewhere, they've forgotten what it feels like to live where the air can hurt your face part of the year...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear is desperately lacking. Where are all the flannel nightgowns, etc.? A variety of robe styles? Robes with PJs underneath them? Baby dolls?

My second choice was cold-weather.

And I just want to add, because it's cold-weather relevant (and because Townies!!), how much I would love to have access to tagging of the Maxis CAS in-game. I have no idea how they decided some things were cold-weather suitable and some weren't. And I'd dearly love to be able to tag a bunch of stuff non-random, non-formal, non-everyday... Just give me a way to load it into S4S, please! (And on that note, having just been on a CC binge, I wish more creators would look carefully at their tagging, including colour of individual swatches, before they release...)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Swimming
    All my sims seem to have matching swimsuits , men , women and children. A bit more variety would be nice especially for the sims that live in Sulani .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Cold Weather
    If you own season's then you need more winter cloths
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cold weather for everyone
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cold Weather
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Cold Weather and Sleepwear. Also could sims REMOVE their coats and hats inside ? This is so annoying.

Yes! I absolutely hate that they sit around in coats all the time indoors. LittleMsSam has a mod for it that I've been using for some time now.
  • Options
    Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Formal
    I am surprised that formal wear is one of the least popular votes, I literally use around 4 outfits in total for my sims because the other options are really bad
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Toddlers, children, and teen only clothing
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Sleepwear
    _natalie wrote: »
    Sleepwear
    Cold Weather
    Accessories
    Men's Majority
    Toddler's Majority

I completely forgot to say Elder's Majority and I would place it before Men's and after Accessories.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Men's clothing. The current selection looks like something Mr Rogers would wear. There are a few really edgy outfits either, but nothing in between and realistic. I'm not a fan of the unisex items either. I want my male sims to look masculine.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cold weather and clothes like ones people actually wear. We have far too many crop tops etc. 99% of adults don't wander round with their midriff showing - why do Sims?