Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Leif is on my island too. I think maybe everyone gets him today? Does candy do anything or do you get anything for participating in trick or treating?

If I'm remembering correctly, in the past you gave Jack candy to get pumpkin furniture and candy to your villagers to get spooky furniture on Halloween. But since villagers are giving us Spooky recipe cards, I'm not sure how that will work. 🤷 Since we're limited to only one piece a day, I'm going to try to get them all, just in case.

Update: if you go to another person's island, you can get a daily piece of candy on other islands, too.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm going to stock up on candy as a gift for my villagers.

can you give it out before halloween?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Thanks. I'm trying to avoid spooky/halloween themed in my game but if the pumpkin themed stuff is more thanksgiving style than halloween style I'd want it... I guess I"ll just buy the candy and see what happens haha
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm trying to avoid spooky/halloween themed in my game but if the pumpkin themed stuff is more thanksgiving style than halloween style I'd want it... I guess I"ll just buy the candy and see what happens haha

Ok, so here's what I found on the Spooky recipe stuff and giving candy, I'll look for info on Jack in a minute.

"If you’re still missing [Spooky] recipes on Oct. 31, your villagers will give you them in exchange for Candy, which can be bought from Nook’s Cranny. The Spooky Rug, Flooring, and Wall belong in the set, but they have no recipe. You can only obtain them from giving your villagers Candy on Halloween. There are some recipes that you can only get on Halloween as well."

https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/9/30/21493880/pumpkin-recipe-diy-list-furniture-ingredients-october-seasonal
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    pewee gave it up. he gave me his photo. so now i have my just 1. but now i want them all.

Congrats haha! I have just one too, from Rosie :) BUt I gift them daily so hopefully more soon haha

well i once smacked peewee with a shovel. his fault hes huge and i misjudged where he was standing so it was a shock he was first.
  • Options
    A few more tips I've picked up:

- Posters will not show up in your catalog anymore unless it's of a villager in your village or one you've called yourself with an amiibo
    - Leif's pumpkin starts are cheaper than The Cranny's
    - pumpkin color is completely random
    - if you water them every day, you will be able to get a trio of pumpkins
    - you can get halloween skin and eye color "tips" as Nookmile rewards this month
    - in addition to the costumes Abel's will be selling, Kicks will be offering wings when he visits.
    - November will offer mushroom and maple leaf recipes
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Ok, so here's what I found on the Spooky recipe stuff and giving candy, I'll look for info on Jack in a minute.

"If you’re still missing [Spooky] recipes on Oct. 31, your villagers will give you them in exchange for Candy, which can be bought from Nook’s Cranny. The Spooky Rug, Flooring, and Wall belong in the set, but they have no recipe. You can only obtain them from giving your villagers Candy on Halloween. There are some recipes that you can only get on Halloween as well."

https://www.polygon.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-acnh-guide/2020/9/30/21493880/pumpkin-recipe-diy-list-furniture-ingredients-october-seasonal

ty! I'll check the recipe list to see if there would be any I want but doesn't sound like it haha!
  • Options
    You guys!!!! I did it!! I did the impossible! The one thing I was sure I would NEVER accomplish in this game! To me this is like beating the game... I am officially a CAST MASTER! 100 fish in a row without missing! Done!

UpdiMQg.jpg
  • Options
    Also, Clay and Coco are mad at each other... because they both had strange dreams and Clay's was about the perfect sandwich and he wanted to recreate it but Coco told him about her dream causing him to forget how to make the sandwich.
  • Options
    You guys!!!! I did it!! I did the impossible! The one thing I was sure I would NEVER accomplish in this game! To me this is like beating the game... I am officially a CAST MASTER! 100 fish in a row without missing! Done!

UpdiMQg.jpg

congrats. i got a new bug today but i forget which one. cause who knew peewee was gonna give me his photo. i got excited about that thats why i can't remember.
  • Options
    question for everyone. whats your favorite thing to do in game.? i was gona ask favorite part but that probably is too big a question.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    question for everyone. whats your favorite thing to do in game.? i was gona ask favorite part but that probably is too big a question.

Walk around the museum haha

I really like villager hunting too but now that I have 10 permanent villagers I can't do that anymore haha.

Also diving for creatures and trying on outfits
  • Options

Walk around the museum haha

I really like villager hunting too but now that I have 10 permanent villagers I can't do that anymore haha.

Also diving for creatures and trying on outfits

ha ha . you laugh even when i say bad alex. i like those things too.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    My favorite part is talking to and giving gifts to my villagers. Even the ones who have already given me their photos.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I like wandering around my island and taking pictures of my villagers. I have hundreds of screenshots on my switch and I’ve uploaded them to Twitter too, but I’m scared to delete them. I’m worried about my account being banned and losing all my pictures since that happened to my last twitter account I had years ago. I’m still annoyed about that because I don’t know what I did wrong.
  • Options
    I like wandering around my island and taking pictures of my villagers. I have hundreds of screenshots on my switch and I’ve uploaded them to Twitter too, but I’m scared to delete them. I’m worried about my account being banned and losing all my pictures since that happened to my last twitter account I had years ago. I’m still annoyed about that because I don’t know what I did wrong.

I do this too haha . On my switch, I post to twitter but I don't like twitter really, I just post there as it seems to be the only way to transfer them to my laptop haha!
  • Options

Maybe ask for an sd card for an upcoming holiday? Then you can be sure you won't lose them! :smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    I just now noticed you can switch views in the encyclopedia menu to see pictures of the catches...
  • Options
    My favorite part is talking to and giving gifts to my villagers. Even the ones who have already given me their photos.

i never got a photo til today. then i realized later peewee has funny but unfotunate name. cause i was so focused on not having photos i though it was spelled pewee not peewee. i'm glad he was first he and al are 2 of my favs.
  • Options

Shopping and changing outfits. Also, visiting with my villagers.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Yah! I could jump for joy. I just got Flora's photo! I don't know why it took so long.

I used my amiibo card to invite Tia. She's moving in tomorrow and Gala moved out today.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ugh been diving for an hour now and about an hour last night trying to find a venus flower basket and umbrella octopus sea creatures and still nothing haha

Edit, and right after that I found the Octopus haha. Still no Venus FLower Basket, though that one is supposed to be more common during the 4pm-9am range, but CAN be found all day. However, most of my diving time WAS in that range, just not the last few minutes haha as it turned to 9am here. Which means after 2 hours of looking it's now going to be even harder to find, ugh haha. Unless... it's unlockable. Some bugs/fish can't be found until you've caught like 50-100 other ones first. I'm around that mark now so if it just became unlocked or something better to keep going... I'll do it a little longer and if I still don't find one I'll try again tonight haha.

Edit 2: FOund it!!! I'm assuming these were both unlockable since I found them both so soon after hunting for 2 hours but right around the time I had caught 100 other things haha
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Ophelia got the umbrella octopus yesterday, but I want Livia to be the one to catch and donate everything in the museum.

Turnips are 324 on Goose Isle. I’ll open the gate after lunch.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ophelia got the umbrella octopus yesterday, but I want Livia to be the one to catch and donate everything in the museum.

@SeashoreLivia Not sure about catch but can Ophelia place the octopus on the island as decor and then Livia come and pick it up and donate it?
  • Options

I don't have turnips but if you are waiting til after lunch yor price might change depending on when you eat lunch haha. They change at noon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top