Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I just never bother much with the hot items. I usually just get like log stakes which aren't worth much. Half the time I do forget about them. And lots of times I just don't have much time. The hours this game runs on really bite for me so the cranny is often closed for the vast majority of my play time I might manage a few minutes to check what is selling in it but to craft enough to be worthwhile and sell it all not usually going to happen. Maybe I should start checking the hot items on my days off more often at least. I'm still so poor in the game cause I never get to buy turnips either because again this game schedule really bites for me. I have tons of resources sitting around doing nothing though probably better to turn them into something to sell even if it turns out to be stupid log stakes.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I had my in game birthday today. It's not my real birthday because I picked a random date when I made my character, but it was still really fun. Also I finally made a twitter account to save all my pictures from my switch.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I can't believe I didn't know about hot items to sell at Nooks Cranny! 😲 Just on a whim I read the little signboard outside of the shop and then talked to Tommie and he said the hot item was an ironwood bed. I was able to earn over 200,000 bells and pay off my third mortgage.

At first I thought you'd only be able to make and sell one but you can sell as many as you have materials to make.

For some reason I'd been thinking hot items were those couple of expensive items that are always available to buy.

i do that. i just get more materals when i run out. blathers might faint when he reopens tommorow i got a bunch of stuff
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I can't believe I didn't know about hot items to sell at Nooks Cranny! 😲 Just on a whim I read the little signboard outside of the shop and then talked to Tommie and he said the hot item was an ironwood bed. I was able to earn over 200,000 bells and pay off my third mortgage.

At first I thought you'd only be able to make and sell one but you can sell as many as you have materials to make.

For some reason I'd been thinking hot items were those couple of expensive items that are always available to buy.

I only checked once and it was something that sold at double price at 700 so not really worth it. I'll have to start looking more often!
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I just never bother much with the hot items. I usually just get like log stakes which aren't worth much. Half the time I do forget about them. And lots of times I just don't have much time. The hours this game runs on really bite for me so the cranny is often closed for the vast majority of my play time I might manage a few minutes to check what is selling in it but to craft enough to be worthwhile and sell it all not usually going to happen. Maybe I should start checking the hot items on my days off more often at least. I'm still so poor in the game cause I never get to buy turnips either because again this game schedule really bites for me. I have tons of resources sitting around doing nothing though probably better to turn them into something to sell even if it turns out to be stupid log stakes.

You can change the time! If you don't want to time travel just set it once to a diff time and constantly play that time. Not sure if it's too late or too early for you, but set your switch by a couple hours later or earlier and then leave it at that time all the time and it should solve that problem.
  • Options

You can change the time! If you don't want to time travel just set it once to a diff time and constantly play that time. Not sure if it's too late or too early for you, but set your switch by a couple hours later or earlier and then leave it at that time all the time and it should solve that problem.

Ehh I'd have to go like 4 or 5 hours back to really make it effective (I'm on a really weird schedule). Plus I frequently use my switch as a clock so being 4 or 5 hours out at 4am when I'm tired and my brain is dead is not really helpful either. I do sometimes time travel for the shops. Turnips are too risky to time travel with. I've tried just setting an alarm to get up and get them and then go back to sleep but it never works. Sundays are my sleepy days usually nothing can convince me to get up. Though I am mad at myself cause yesterday was my sleepy day this week so I was actually awake at like 9am thinking I should play my switch but didn't and went back to sleep anyway (even though I've now severely overslept and won't sleep at all tonight which will suck tomorrow). Coulda actually bought turnips.
  • Options

Ehh I'd have to go like 4 or 5 hours back to really make it effective (I'm on a really weird schedule). Plus I frequently use my switch as a clock so being 4 or 5 hours out at 4am when I'm tired and my brain is dead is not really helpful either. I do sometimes time travel for the shops. Turnips are too risky to time travel with. I've tried just setting an alarm to get up and get them and then go back to sleep but it never works. Sundays are my sleepy days usually nothing can convince me to get up. Though I am mad at myself cause yesterday was my sleepy day this week so I was actually awake at like 9am thinking I should play my switch but didn't and went back to sleep anyway (even though I've now severely overslept and won't sleep at all tonight which will suck tomorrow). Coulda actually bought turnips.

Do you have switch online? ANd what time zone are you? I'm Pacific time so if it's helpful at all I don't mind opening my island for you to shop/sell at Nook's sometimes haha) Not tonight though, as it's closed for renos. Not sure if that time zone helps you at all but if it does you could do it without ruining turnips haha
  • Options

Do you have switch online? ANd what time zone are you? I'm Pacific time so if it's helpful at all I don't mind opening my island for you to shop/sell at Nook's sometimes haha) Not tonight though, as it's closed for renos. Not sure if that time zone helps you at all but if it does you could do it without ruining turnips haha

Aw sadly I'm only one zone/hour over in mountain so most days I'd still be hopelessly behind. Thanks for the offer though.

It's not really a huge deal though. Just kind of one thing I wish there was more adaptability for those who like work nights or whatever that causes them to run on opposite schedules. But I make do. It mostly just kind of stinks on the turnips cause I know they can make big money. But I just kind of accept that I get through this game at a slower pace... but eventually get there. Mostly I sacrifice home upgrades for island development where funds end up tight (I forget what upgrade I'm on but I haven't paid a single bell on it since I got it over a month ago lol. It's fine I'm mostly amazed Tom Nook isn't hunting me down yet). I usually squeeze in time to run through nooks for anything neat to buy just wouldn't have time most days to craft the hot item. Oh well, small things really.
  • Options
    the game is mean. lol. i need just one iron nugget and it gives me eveything but. i do have a slingshot now .
  • Options

i decided not to do that this time. time cheat. i did last time and missed redd. and never saw him again before my joycon broke.
  • Options
    the game is mean. lol. i need just one iron nugget and it gives me eveything but. i do have a slingshot now .

i decided not to do that this time. time cheat. i did last time and missed redd. and never saw him again before my joycon broke.

It's not really time cheating though, that's when you keep switching forward and backwards to finish things quicker. Like if you have something upgrading and you want it down right away you get to the next day.
    This is when you start you game at a certain time and permanently leave it there, as if you permanently live in a diff time zone. Good for people who work a diff schedule than the game allows if that makes sense.

That being said, I hear Redd can be super rare for a lot of people so I'm not sure it's related to time cheating. I don't do it myself. So far I've had good luck about once a week (Only seen CJ once though and never Flick!)

• Options

Aw sadly I'm only one zone/hour over in mountain so most days I'd still be hopelessly behind. Thanks for the offer though.

It's not really a huge deal though. Just kind of one thing I wish there was more adaptability for those who like work nights or whatever that causes them to run on opposite schedules. But I make do. It mostly just kind of stinks on the turnips cause I know they can make big money. But I just kind of accept that I get through this game at a slower pace... but eventually get there. Mostly I sacrifice home upgrades for island development where funds end up tight (I forget what upgrade I'm on but I haven't paid a single bell on it since I got it over a month ago lol. It's fine I'm mostly amazed Tom Nook isn't hunting me down yet). I usually squeeze in time to run through nooks for anything neat to buy just wouldn't have time most days to craft the hot item. Oh well, small things really.

Aw too bad, but yeah wouldn't help much then. Good luck with it! It's too bad they don't have ordinances like in NL or something where you can set Tom's Business hours even if you can only change them once a week or something and they have to be only so many hours a day type thing.
  • Options

Haha well that's annoying! But yay for the slingshot!

I can't wait for my upgraded Nook's to open tomorrow! Finally I can buy tools that aren't flimsy (when I have bells that is haha) I hate crafting them all the time haha
  • Options

I can't wait for my upgraded Nook's to open tomorrow! Finally I can buy tools that aren't flimsy (when I have bells that is haha) I hate crafting them all the time haha

even upgraded and gold tools can break. never had gold tools but i do know its true cause first time i did upgrade them.
  • Options

even upgraded and gold tools can break. never had gold tools but i do know its true cause first time i did upgrade them.

Oh I know, my gold watering can broke today haha, can't get another it was a one off my friend gave me. I always craft the better tools, it's just the crafting itself I don't like so I buy them instead of crafting them haha. ANd now I can do it more since I'll have them on my island instead of having to visit people and stock up lol!
  • Options

Oh I know, my gold watering can broke today haha, can't get another it was a one off my friend gave me. I always craft the better tools, it's just the crafting itself I don't like so I buy them instead of crafting them haha. ANd now I can do it more since I'll have them on my island instead of having to visit people and stock up lol!

if i have to chose using a iron nugget on a bed or a axe the bed is the wiser choice i don't want something breakable. thats just me though like you i buy the tools .well as soon as i get the silly iron nugget.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

if i have to chose using a iron nugget on a bed or a axe the bed is the wiser choice i don't want something breakable. thats just me though like you i buy the tools .well as soon as i get the silly iron nugget.

do you have switch online? If so I can get you some nuggets... I have tons haha
    *Edit, just checked my storage and I have over 200 iron nuggets, so I can spare a stack of 30 if you have switch online for sure :)
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Wolfgang said he liked my maid dress and he might have to get one, and I may just have to help him out with that one 😚
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

*Edit, just checked my storage and I have over 200 iron nuggets, so I can spare a stack of 30 if you have switch online for sure :)

no but i might get one. since i'm home indefinetly .
  • Options

haha well if you do, let me know!!!
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    It's a great day in Seacow Bay! Olaf just asked to move away and CJ finally came! Yay! 🎉
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    It's a great day in Seacow Bay! Olaf just asked to move away and CJ finally came! Yay! 🎉

Yay! haha! I need Flick CJ. I have no bells and a ton of fish/bugs in my storage waiting lol. I just know if I cave and sell to Nook's they'll show up tomorrow LOL
  • Options

7 day trial. i got the last pesky iron nugget after that . musem open nooks cranny open working on the third house. cause of course i'm out of iron. lol. the other 2 houses are done already.
  • Options

7 day trial. i got the last pesky iron nugget after that . musem open nooks cranny open working on the third house. cause of course i'm out of iron. lol. the other 2 houses are done already.

Do you need any oranges or cherries or tools?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Do you need any oranges or cherries or tools?

since i started over i have a new island with oranges i do need cheeries not sure i have a friend code yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top