Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I feel like I want to redo a large portion of my island so I've been doing around just picking up a bunch of stuff and tossing it into storage. I also don't want to do too much until the update and DLC because they'll add so much I don't want to get too invested in things now to redo it again later. But I am trying to make the space to do so.

Like I was trying to make a fair grounds kind of thing on the one beach but that's where kapp'n's dock is so I wanted to clear it off to be more accessible since the fair grounds used the dock as well and now I'm just going to move the whole thing over to the other side of my island now. But it looks like there will be new stuff for a fair/festival area coming so I don't wanna do much yet with it.

I am questioning my life choices currently though because I still have so much work to do and it's annoying lol. It also probably means terraforming.... ugh.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Thanks for all the thoughts on the new dlc! Yes, I wonder if it might be overwhelming on top of the new update. It will add so much to do! I feel like it would be better to wait, but otoh, I am so excited for it that I may not. Perhaps I will wait until Christmas though. After all, someone might buy it for me. 😆

I admire all of you who do terraforming. I have done very little. I have no idea how to prepare for the new update. I think I have enough Nook Miles and Bells, so I will just wait until the update hits and deal with it then.

Right now I am enjoying decorating for Fall and Spooky Day.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    This is going to sound super weird, but I am 100% a maximizing collector. I try to squeeze the most out of every day and month before it goes by and have my own routine with it. I wouldn't say I get so much burnt out as behind when I have IRL stuff happening. I'll change my switch's date to play the unplayed days and eventually that time debt gets too much and I cannot do it anymore.

Probably what breaks me the most is clothes shopping. (If we had an owned previously checkmark and/or the ability to buy multiple items at once in the dressing room my life would be so much better. Alas, we do not.) Anyway, I'm at the point of writing all this junk in an attempt to save time. Does anyone know a community collection spreadsheet to keep up with it?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Calico45 I'm not aware of any type of spreadsheet but there are plenty of collections lists online. Maybe you could
    copy them all into a notebook to help keep track of which ones you already have and then just check off as you acquire more.

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Clothing/New_Horizons

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Sea_creatures

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Fish/New_Horizons

I have the official 430 page guide which I pre-ordered from Amazon for about $25. Unfortunately it's now going for $75. It has full color listings and pictures of all items. I just check off items or insects, bugs, etc that I've collected. The only drawback is it doesn't have the sea creatures since that feature was added later. I keep that list as a note on my phone.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    @Calico45 I'm not aware of any type of spreadsheet but there are plenty of collections lists online. Maybe you could
    copy them all into a notebook to help keep track of which ones you already have and then just check off as you acquire more.

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Clothing/New_Horizons

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Sea_creatures

https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Fish/New_Horizons

I have the official 430 page guide which I pre-ordered from Amazon for about $25. Unfortunately it's now going for $75. It has full color listings and pictures of all items. I just check off items or insects, bugs, etc that I've collected. The only drawback is it doesn't have the sea creatures since that feature was added later. I keep that list as a note on my phone.

I just found that guide on Amazon but I wonder if I should wait to order it. If it doesn't have the sea creatures, I may wait to get it to see if that, plus both Nov 5 updates, are added to it.
  • Options
    Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    Already got the expansion pack since I was a PlayStation kid growing up and missed out on the 64. The fact it will also get me the AC DLC I was going to buy anyway is just a bit plus.

That said. Ugh. Wish I hadn't restarted my island. Biggest mistake. So many of my frustrations (can only plant pumpkins, no tropical trees) were actually addressed by the DLC.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm still confused i have nintendo online and ac s is the dlc free or do you pay. sorry mr coffee chose this morning to die aprently he didn't care that hes what gets me through stressful situations. so condused, yes i talk to my coffemaker.
  • Options
    I caved and got the online expansion so I guess I'll be getting the DLC that way. Twitter broke me, everybody was hyping up like crazy for Ocarina of Time while online services were down to add the expansion and well... the nostalgia is fierce. I remember it being my first n64 game and being obsessed with it (and the n64). I also seem to remember my whole family gathering round the n64 and oohing and awing over the graphics 🤣😂🤣😂. Times sure changed lol.

• Options
    i'm still confused i have nintendo online and ac s is the dlc free or do you pay. sorry mr coffee chose this morning to die aprently he didn't care that hes what gets me through stressful situations. so condused, yes i talk to my coffemaker.

You have to pay for the new online expansion for the switch which runs 50(?) USD a year (63.99CDN is all I know for sure). Just the basic online subscription that you would have now does not include the DLC you would have to buy the DLC separately. So essentially it's like they have a regular and premium tier for Nintendo online now, the DLC is a premium perk to entice people to make that upgrade.

Idk how it's going to work if you get the DLC through that though. Like I don't know if it's yours to keep even if you drop back to the regular online in a year (or cancel altogether) or if it's completely tied to that premium membership forever and you lose it with the membership if you later downgrade/cancel. I'm betting on the 2nd option to be safe.

• Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

You have to pay for the new online expansion for the switch which runs 50(?) USD a year (63.99CDN is all I know for sure). Just the basic online subscription that you would have now does not include the DLC you would have to buy the DLC separately. So essentially it's like they have a regular and premium tier for Nintendo online now, the DLC is a premium perk to entice people to make that upgrade.

Idk how it's going to work if you get the DLC through that though. Like I don't know if it's yours to keep even if you drop back to the regular online in a year (or cancel altogether) or if it's completely tied to that premium membership forever and you lose it with the membership if you later downgrade/cancel. I'm betting on the 2nd option to be safe.

i had that happen i have thr7.99 tier currrently i got rid of it during the mom looked at my bank statement thing then had to get it again cause my online games ac included stopped working.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Think I'm just gonna buy the AC DLC and be done.

Players Have A Ton Of Complaints About
    Nintendo Switch Online’s N64 Games

https://kotaku.com/players-have-a-ton-of-complaints-about-nintendo-switch-1847936448
  • Options
    I saw the announcement on Twitter earlier. I may upgrade my subscription after it expires because I did see another Mario Kart game I would like to have access to. But I also bought a $35 eShop gift card the other day because I thought I was going to get just the DLC by itself. Here's my question. When I get the Switch OLED (I already have a Lite), and I upgrade my subscription, do I have to pay for the DLC again on the second Switch?
  • Options
    I saw the announcement on Twitter earlier. I may upgrade my subscription after it expires because I did see another Mario Kart game I would like to have access to. But I also bought a $35 eShop gift card the other day because I thought I was going to get just the DLC by itself. Here's my question. When I get the Switch OLED (I already have a Lite), and I upgrade my subscription, do I have to pay for the DLC again on the second Switch?

Upgraded my subscription. Now I can play whatever games interest me lol

• Options
    I caved and got the online expansion so I guess I'll be getting the DLC that way. Twitter broke me, everybody was hyping up like crazy for Ocarina of Time while online services were down to add the expansion and well... the nostalgia is fierce. I remember it being my first n64 game and being obsessed with it (and the n64). I also seem to remember my whole family gathering round the n64 and oohing and awing over the graphics 🤣😂🤣😂. Times sure changed lol.

your a bad influence lol i just got it too. i can either pay 7.99 4 times a year or one time a year. 7.99 every 3 months what i pay now.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I was enjoying my island this afternoon. I was able to get the yellow leaf pile diy from a balloon, tried and failed to get a giant trevally after making lots of fish bait, and finally got Flurry's picture. I love her, but I have 3 of the sweet, normal girls on my island, so I may let her go if she asks. I want to make room for one of the new characters like Ione(sp?). I am working on getting Marina's now.
  • Options
    Think I'm just gonna buy the AC DLC and be done.

Players Have A Ton Of Complaints About
    Nintendo Switch Online’s N64 Games

https://kotaku.com/players-have-a-ton-of-complaints-about-nintendo-switch-1847936448

i got it. cause i remember mario tennis. which i just played today buti remember paying for most of the games now i play for free. i'm going to be kiled anyway i spent over my budget when i bought the sims kits i didn't own plus if i understand i go from paying every 3 months to once a year.
  • Options

Upgraded my subscription. Now I can play whatever games interest me lol

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

your a bad influence lol i just got it too. i can either pay 7.99 4 times a year or one time a year. 7.99 every 3 months what i pay now.

Haha good 😈. Yeah I didn't see a month or quarterly option for the expansion just yearly but I already paid yearly cuz it's a better value so I thought it may have just offered me that since it's what I was already on.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I was enjoying my island this afternoon. I was able to get the yellow leaf pile diy from a balloon, tried and failed to get a giant trevally after making lots of fish bait, and finally got Flurry's picture. I love her, but I have 3 of the sweet, normal girls on my island, so I may let her go if she asks. I want to make room for one of the new characters like Ione(sp?). I am working on getting Marina's now.

Ione yes! I am obsessed with her I'm going to try to get her when I can. I'm planning to kick Marina for her so I want to try to get marinas photo too before I let her go.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2021
    Can we buy candy on each other's islands? And does anyone think they'll open their islands later so I can hop by for a visit to the candy store? I won't be able to get more than 6 buying on my island only bc as always I started too late, but I'd love to buy candy for all my villagers :D

Also, Shari asked to move out for the 100th time so I let her :disappointed: But as luck has it, I went villager hunting and got Judy! I don't think I've ever met any of the more popular villagers out and about so that was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't have a sisterly villager anymore now and I think it'd take me a tooon of hunting to find one :( Thinking of buying the Katt amibo soon. But if anyone is having a sisterly villager move out, I'd love to hear about it :blush:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Also just bought the DLC, so excited about allll the new stuff we're getting <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top