Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next generation Sims game may be single player and multiplayer...

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2020
    I like Plumbella but her video is literally just "I know nothing more but the CEO's comment but I'm overthinking it and have no idea how it's going to turn out". We literally have zero solid information, no one at any point said "we want to make Sims Online 2.0, a game that's fully online".

She's also pointing out things that are multiplayer that she would like, so it's not just "omg this is going to 100% be all horrible and will be the end".

I'm with her on loot boxes and microtransactions and subscriptions being a bad thing. But I see a lot of comments about how there won't be any more single-player mode and I don't get why other than panic.

One thing I keep saying is that in about 99% of games which decide to introduce a multiplayer mode in a single player game, the single player gameplay experience always suffers. It means basically they want to make it so a player needs the online multiplayer mode to enjoy the game. I only like playing single player, so I want better gameplay focus on that instead.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    $4 Braided Hair Box - only available in this limited time offer - Guaranteed to include two 'braided' style hairs for Female T-E PLUS a chance at this New Exclusive French Braid (Female T-E). These hairs won't be seen again after this Amazing Offer!! Get it now!

--

this
    x100

And it wont be the good braids either, just to strands of low poly hair. The better one, a few polys higher, will be around 7 to 19 bucks.

Really? The appearance customization we can buy from the Cartel Shop, tells you exactly what we are buying from the shop on SWTOR. There is no guessing or no "chance" of a particular hairstyle. If you see it the advertisement in the shop then you get it. Simple as that.

While in the beginning when the cartel shop launch we had "chances" with cartel packs, they have done alway with them. Items are direct buy and you know what you are buying. There is no "gambling" on a chance. If you buy a pack with hairstyles, you get them. If I buy a pack with decorations, I get exactly what the picture is showing. While I can't comment on other games, I do know SWTOR cartel shop.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    This is exactly why Simmers don't play well together. If they can't even get along in a forum area, it is going to be much worst in a MMO area. People tend not to like each other in MMO games except for cliques/guilds.
    To be honest? I genuinely have no idea how they are going to make this work. The way simport worked? Jolly :D Or deeper and more fleshed out than that? Ehm.., ok, the scenarios are endless and I wouldn't be necessarily happy if my kids became part of it. Two weeks ago there was this nasty situation going on with a gamechanger and a 15 yr old girl on Twitter. That kind of thing won't be just on Twitter anymore but in our games. I'll pass.
    Ugh that is horrible it is happening again. I am glad teens are getting more courage to speak out about that stuff. I remember how scared the teen that I had talked to was about it. I like the Gallery but yeah MMM version of Sims will just be a glorified Tinder site. Last time I had checked Lucy and Rachel had moved onto augmented reality chat service thing already since leaving the Sims. I know Sims Free play or Mobile I think started augmented reality with builds.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    This thread has been an education, both the various postings and the links that Felicity has kindly provided to various articles and charts. True the matter is still very early, but that is the time for a pre-emptive strike. We know from experience that EA cares about one thing, $. We are simply the means to that end. While there is no guarantee our voices will be heeded we do have the right, even responsibility, to make them heard now, not just here in the forums but via any and all means available to let EA know our position. Past disasters aside, greed is a fearful master - one that makes its slaves do very unreasonable and illogical things. All the more reason to wave the red flags and cry 'stop!' before the iceberg is hit and the ship goes down. I too am an old man, yet in full agreement with those debating with the other one. The evidence is plain and laid out before us. The company is taking the wrong path and it is up to us whether to continue down it or to turn around, go back to find the right path, and choose to go down it instead. This applies to the present and near term as well. Do we really want to support with our purchases of DLC a company that has the gall to lie to Parliament?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    I really don’t understand why everyone is freaking out so much 🙄 If you don’t want to play multiplayer then don’t, that’s why there are options for you to choose. And people saying single player might be watered down due to multiplayer, well the Sims 4 is watered down and y’all are still playing that so what’s the difference 🤷‍♀️

Can't disagree on your point. LMAO

*DELETED*
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited February 2020

Figures this person would say this....-rolls eyes- *AquaGamer not you Jorden*

I just do not get WHY these have to made as personal attacks. Game what we either love or hate, NOT the other gamers. And yes I did bolded the part what IS a personal attack.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I like Plumbella but her video is literally just "I know nothing more but the CEO's comment but I'm overthinking it and have no idea how it's going to turn out". We literally have zero solid information, no one at any point said "we want to make Sims Online 2.0, a game that's fully online".

She's also pointing out things that are multiplayer that she would like, so it's not just "omg this is going to 100% be all horrible and will be the end".

I'm with her on loot boxes and microtransactions and subscriptions being a bad thing. But I see a lot of comments about how there won't be any more single-player mode and I don't get why other than panic.

One thing I keep saying is that in about 99% of games which decide to introduce a multiplayer mode in a single player game, the single player gameplay experience always suffers. It means basically the want to make it so a player needs the online multiplayer mode to enjoy the game. I only like playing single player, so I want better gameplay focus on that instead.

That is a fair point, though not what I was addressing (I've seen people take the info and go "they're making a fully online game", which is not at all confirmed and imo not likely considering how TS4 went). It also really depends on what exactly the multiplayer/online/community parts of the game will be and whether they would even be done by the same teams.

I do understand that concern though.
  • Options

I just do not get WHY these have to made as personal attacks. Game what we either love or hate, NOT the other gamers. And yes I did bolded the part what IS a personal attack.

Deleted it since people have a problem.

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    There are plenty of open-world games like World of Warcraft and GTA 5 online. My husband loves GTA 5 online

With that said I have no opinion either way. In a way, I wouldn't mind on open-world game but at the same time, I don't want one. Keep it unique. What I love about the Sims Franchise is that it's primarily a single person game. I can play the way I want to play and as much as I wouldn't mind any of your sims coming to visit Victoria VanHelsing or Raven Hex I wouldn't want to inflict a scenario of mine, that is designed to allow me to be downright cruel towards sims, on your sims. We all have our own individual gameplay.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    The more I thought about it, the more I am NOT for this, and if there is gonna be an online thing, please just make it a spin-off like TSO...not in the main sims.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

One thing I keep saying is that in about 99% of games which decide to introduce a multiplayer mode in a single player game, the single player gameplay experience always suffers. It means basically the want to make it so a player needs the online multiplayer mode to enjoy the game. I only like playing single player, so I want better gameplay focus on that instead.

That is a fair point, though not what I was addressing (I've seen people take the info and go "they're making a fully online game", which is not at all confirmed and imo not likely considering how TS4 went). It also really depends on what exactly the multiplayer/online/community parts of the game will be and whether they would even be done by the same teams.

It is what you are addressing though. I absolutely hate all online multiplayer, so making that opinion known to the publisher does matter. That is what many are doing. Btw, nothing will convince me to consider supporting any multiplayer mode.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I don't even know how a multiplayer would work since the worlds are all very customized to the player. Imagine the lag. XD Heck, we already have lag now. LOL.

No one seems to know that sims 2 on ps2 was couch multiplayer lmao. They've done it before and my bf says sims urbz was that way too

Yeah, I don't cuz I've never had a console player. 🤷‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited February 2020

Last time I checked I could say what I want....if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say then DON'T tag me....

And not you @Ellupelluellu, he deleted his post so I could only see it since you quoted it....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Last time I checked I could say what I want....if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say then DON'T tag me....

And not you @Ellupelluellu, he deleted his post so I could only see it since you quoted it....

I'm a SHE thank you.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

It is what you are addressing though. I absolutely hate all online multiplayer, so making that opinion known to the publisher does matter. That is what many are doing. Btw, nothing will convince me to consider supporting any multiplayer mode.

It really was not what I was talking about. If any online/multiplayer options included in the game do require specific development (say, an EA controlled "downtown" community area), then yes, the concern that it would take away from other development is valid. If those options are "players can create lots that they open to public access or their friends", then no, that wouldn't take development time from the team.

What I was talking about is the people who take "online/multiplayer options in addition to single-player mode" and make it "it's going to be fully online with no single-player".

You and anyone who doesn't like any online interactive options have valid opinions but making the info we have into something it isn't is fearmongering. For all we know at this point, it could all just be about implementing challenges that Simmers already participate in into the Gallery.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've played online games before and I've quite enjoyed them. The sims online was a disaster though and I don't think it needs to be repeated.

Online games need to have some sort of purpose. Goals/quests etc, so I really don't really see a series like the sims fitting into this. Not as a main game anyways. What is in the sims that you need to co-op? Does your sim need or want help with that painting? If you leave it up to the players, we will just end up with a mafia again. If they add these goals to make it interesting and give you something to do other than having randoms walking up to your sim and slapping them, then they take away the sandbox.

If it's an option then some portion of the game play will suffer. Either the single or multiplayer. In this case it would like be the single since they would likely be focused on the new multiplayer portion. I could see them doing things like the career locks we have now, but this time you only get to use that particular computer if you complete x, y and z in online mode, to try to get you over there to play the "new" way.

They can make it if they want. It will probably do well too since it seems a large portion of simmers will just buy whatever is next regardless if they like it or not. I don't have to buy it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2020
    You know something i have been learning in my life and business? When everyone is going one way dare to go the other way. People will apreciate. With Money. So ea, you can do a single player game, if you have the guts to go the other way.
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I'm a SHE thank you.

Cool thanks for clarifying....still don’t tag me.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things clean and constructive. There is no need to argue back and forth even if you do not agree with someone's point of view.

EA_Joz
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It seems EA doesn't want our money anymore, and want a younger demographic. Except they are not the ones who will spend a lot of money on the game, we are.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    It seems EA doesn't want our money anymore, and want a younger demographic. Except they are not the ones who will spend a lot of money on the game, we are.

even the younger demographic would rather have single player games? like regardless of age, the sims has always been a nice escape from real life and dealing with other people. sims 4 is doing great with the new generation of players, the demographics that watch all those youtubers are very young (not to say there aren't older people who watch, i'm 27 and i enjoy watching it as well) and they like playing the game as a single player experience as well.

it would be a horrible misstep to do this under the guise that the new generation likes online multiplayer games only.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

even the younger demographic would rather have single player games?

EA should know better, and so should the general public too.
    The hunt for the "Younger demographic" has been the demise of many a thing.

A majority of people under the age of 45 has their own gaming console now. We grew up with them and to us a machine that can play games, be it a PC or a console, is as natural in our home as a radio, or TV. (Heck, a lot of a time nowadays you cut out the radio and the TV, but the computer stays, because it can be used as either).
    Because as prevalent as phones are ("Mobile devices" is such a fun word. 10 years ago there were other "devices" like iPads and whatnot. Now there are only phones. Nobody buys a pad anymore) are, you use the computer for your banking. Your time sheet for work. Your studies. Etc.

On top of that, people over 30 has money and loyalty. But EA want Fortnite-money. Despite already having Sims-money.
    But "the kids" (no offense meant!) that spend money on skins for Fortnite both don't earn their own money, but more importantly will move on to the next multiplayer shooter soon.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I've played online games before and I've quite enjoyed them. The sims online was a disaster though and I don't think it needs to be repeated.

Online games need to have some sort of purpose. Goals/quests etc, so I really don't really see a series like the sims fitting into this. Not as a main game anyways. What is in the sims that you need to co-op? Does your sim need or want help with that painting? If you leave it up to the players, we will just end up with a mafia again. If they add these goals to make it interesting and give you something to do other than having randoms walking up to your sim and slapping them, then they take away the sandbox.

If it's an option then some portion of the game play will suffer. Either the single or multiplayer. In this case it would like be the single since they would likely be focused on the new multiplayer portion. I could see them doing things like the career locks we have now, but this time you only get to use that particular computer if you complete x, y and z in online mode, to try to get you over there to play the "new" way.

They can make it if they want. It will probably do well too since it seems a large portion of simmers will just buy whatever is next regardless if they like it or not. I don't have to buy it.
    Yeah I was thinking about the side games more fitting the MMO style better. Like the Urbz, MySims, Sims Castaway, or Sims Medieval would do super well as a MMO because of them being more structured and task oriented. It is like use the formula for the non-sandbox games that fit the RPG mold better. I just don't understand why they want to do what they did with the Sims 4 to the Sims 5 again. You would think an AAA company would learn from its mistakes but I have to remind myself this is EA and they are bound to repeat them and now it will be the fifth failed attempt on the PC platform, not counting the console attempts. I'm all for cloud gaming, but was hoping Sims 5 would bring something new like gradual aging, not another Sims Online copycat. I know Simmers got mad enough having the Sims 4 being compared to the Sims 1, 2, and 3. It is going to be much worst having the Sims 5 compared to not only the offline versions but the online versions as well and never living up to expectations, so that will be technically eight Sims games the Sims 5 will compete against plus all the online games already in the market. I just know I'm excited about Animal Crossing because at least that game knows its identity while the Sims 5 there is a very vague identity the CEO has for it and not a good reputation of customer and employee morale with online gaming with EA Sports with Jacksonville.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things clean and constructive. There is no need to argue back and forth even if you do not agree with someone's point of view.
    @EA_Joz

Holy cow, we have a moderator here? I thought it was like the wild west out here in Sims 4 General Discussion. :o

Hi @EA_Joz, thanks for stopping by. I'm personally trying very hard to be positive, peaceful and constructive while cutting down on my popcorn intake when reading this forum.

@JoAnne65 so sorry to go off-topic again, but thank you! yes now I remember you could boil those jars!! lol omg I loved that thing! :love: It was from a store? Did I pay for it then? Well, I guess I did. Wow, caught red-handed buying things from a Sims online store in a topic largely against such things :flushed:

Sorry guys, feel like a bit of a traitor here, but if they add my Sims Online Jam Maker to Sim 5 online I'm gonna be first in line to play... just FYI.

I'm just not sure how long I will last. Those of you who play multiplayer games have some compelling reasons to play, but what happened to me in Sims Online was that one day, while I was peacefully and happily making like thousands of jars of jam, some total creep showed up on my lot and tried to make-out with my Sim and flirt with me in chat and it was just too weird, too scary, so I quit. If it's like Sims Online instead of Freeplay, in order for me to keep making apple jam, they would need to make it so that I couldn't see or communicate with anyone else. Just be alone in my house with pots of boiling apples, jars and jam, then maybe I would be ok to keep playing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    @EA_Joz

Holy cow, we have a moderator here? I thought it was like the wild west out here in Sims 4 General Discussion. :o

Hi @EA_Joz, thanks for stopping by. I'm personally trying very hard to be positive, peaceful and constructive while cutting down on my popcorn intake when reading this forum.

@JoAnne65 so sorry to go off-topic again, but thank you! yes now I remember you could boil those jars!! lol omg I loved that thing! :love: It was from a store? Did I pay for it then? Well, I guess I did. Wow, caught red-handed buying things from a Sims online store in a topic largely against such things :flushed:

Sorry guys, feel like a bit of a traitor here, but if they add my Sims Online Jam Maker to Sim 5 online I'm gonna be first in line to play... just FYI.

I'm just not sure how long I will last. Those of you who play multiplayer games have some compelling reasons to play, but what happened to me in Sims Online was that one day, while I was peacefully and happily making like thousands of jars of jam, some total creep showed up on my lot and tried to make-out with my Sim and flirt with me in chat and it was just too weird, too scary, so I quit. If it's like Sims Online instead of Freeplay, in order for me to keep making apple jam, they would need to make it so that I couldn't see or communicate with anyone else. Just be alone in my house with pots of boiling apples, jars and jam, then maybe I would be ok to keep playing.
    It came with Grandma's Canning Station :)
    5JZ57S6.png