Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drinking Water Excessively

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but my sims have been drinking water excessively lately. I even used a mod, especially MCCC, and it still happens. I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening to or it's just my game. I'll try to update my game to see if that'll work. I did post about this in the help center section. But, I am wondering if this is happening or happened to others.

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This has been a big issue with my foodie sims - Caleb Vatore in particular who is a vampire and shouldn't need water. Least of all tap water of plain and uninteresting quality. He drove me to the end of my ropes.

There is a hidden need for having something to drink once or twice a day. But like you, I have experienced it becoming compulsive and when a sim gets an uncomfortable moodlet from it every time, it really gets on one's nerves.

Usually, I take out all sinks or place them, so that sims can't get to them. The fridge is a problem though, but you can place it in a room and lock the door for the drinkaholic(s).

Good luck :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oh please don't tell me this problem is back again - I swear they fixed this like 2 patches ago.
  • Options
    ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Oh please don't tell me this problem is back again - I swear they fixed this like 2 patches ago.

Yes. The problem is back & it's annoying.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I don't mind the ability to drink water but it's autonomously drinking so much water that is annoying.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't say that I've noticed an increase in autonomous water drinking in my game. I do have a weird issue where if I click the auto fix hygiene button next to the hygiene bar they will sometimes choose to drink water instead of the sensible option of showering though. How the heck is drinking water going to make them cleaner? Silly sims.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Sharonia Seems like such a classic thing for Sims 4. One has to wonder how some of the bugs come to exist at all. Add a ping-pong table and the combo shower suddenly doesn't work anymore. I mean, that was probably not how it was, but still. It wouldn't surprise me if it was. The Sims 4 developers seem to be talented like that :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes, the excessive water drinking bug is back and getting worse.

Could we maybe get a patch that disables it completely if the bug will not stay fixed? I don't think it will wreck immersion if sims don't autonomously get a drink of water.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes it is back. I started a new save on patch day with no mods or CC. My spellcaster only just moved in and she was grabbing drinks left and right. She didn't even have enough time to get thirsty before she started guzzling. Then I sent her to HQ to work on magic and everybody was lined up in a tiny bathroom trying to drink water from the sink!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've also noticed that the excessive water drinking has been happening again. It was toned down for a while, but for example today when I played I noticed it's back again.

My Sims moved into a new home and the first thing that the father of the family wanted to do in his new home was drinking water. I cancelled the action because I wanted him to cook food for his family. After few seconds I noticed that he had cancelled cooking in the middle of it (half finished food was on the stove) and he was standing in the bathroom drinking water.
    Later in the evening I made him take the dog out for a walk. Again, after few seconds, I noticed that he was standing in his precious new bathroom drinking water again. He had yet again cancelled everything else because of his excessive thirst.

I don't care if my Sims like to drink water when they're idle, but when they autonomously cancel actions that I have queued for them because of this drinking obsession it makes me want to lock them in the bathroom and delete the toilet. >:)
  • Options
    CGrant56CGrant56 Posts: 8 New Member
    What I have found in my game to at least slow it down some is to let a sim finish the drink action completely (let the circle arount the action in the queue go completely green and disappear) and then they will stop trying to get a drink for a while afterwards. If you keep canceling the action when it pops up, they will just keep trying to do it and stomping on your queue and canceling many in progress things like cooking until they do succeed in getting a drink. Once they have satisfied themselves, it doesn't seem to come up for a while. Another thing I've found useful when I want to set up a long queue that I don't want stomped on or not have a directed task get cancelled because of it is to direct them to get a drink before I do set up the queue or start whatever it is I want them to do. I especially find doing that helps a lot when there's a spellcaster with a broom or who tranporiates involved.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I did wonder about this when I found my Sims once again getting water. I had forgotten their tendency to do that.
    It hasn’t truly become a real issue in my game, it hasn’t disrupted anything for me, yet.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    What would the problem of drinking water excessively cause? More going to pee at the toilet?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I can't say that I've noticed an increase in autonomous water drinking in my game. I do have a weird issue where if I click the auto fix hygiene button next to the hygiene bar they will sometimes choose to drink water instead of the sensible option of showering though. How the heck is drinking water going to make them cleaner? Silly sims.

I have this problem too!
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Yes, the excessive water drinking bug is back and getting worse.

Could we maybe get a patch that disables it completely if the bug will not stay fixed? I don't think it will wreck immersion if sims don't autonomously get a drink of water.

Yes!! I have been asking for this since they patched it in. I hate it so much because it doesn't actually serve any purpose but to interrupt and irritate. I really want a little feature in the reward store like "never thirsty" that I can give to every single Sim so they never have to drink the stupid water again. (But I don't want it to affect Vampire thirst because that kind of drinking is fun. >:) )
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    S.C.A.M. is your friend, people. Self configurable autonomy mod by Scumbumbo. Seriously, a third to half the things posted on the forums can be fixed (or improved) by using it. It replaces so many no autonomy mods. Phones, computers, singing, water drinking, watching djs, ordering chips, mindless babble, snow angels, mud fights; it happens, you just shut it down inside the game in moments. Right now in my game it's stopping 450 different things (that many because of things like individual singing styles). I would have quit a long time ago without it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    S.C.A.M. is your friend, people. Self configurable autonomy mod by Scumbumbo. Seriously, a third to half the things posted on the forums can be fixed (or improved) by using it. It replaces so many no autonomy mods. Phones, computers, singing, water drinking, watching djs, ordering chips, mindless babble, snow angels, mud fights; it happens, you just shut it down inside the game in moments. Right now in my game it's stopping 450 different things (that many because of things like individual singing styles). I would have quit a long time ago without it.

I prefer the SCAM mod over what they’ve put into MCCC. It seems easier for some reason. I do wonder if it’s updated to still work with University. Like does it have all the new socials and stuff. I’m still using it but I wouldn’t know if something was missing.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I used to use SCAM but I think Scumbumbo has retired from modding. I haven't seen any updates of his for a long time. I could be wrong, though. I use the one with MCCC, I would go crazy otherwise. But that save I mentioned earlier was right after the patch so I was playing without mods or CC and I was like "Oh I'm so happy to see constant water drinking and juice grabbing again! Oh how I missed this!"
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited January 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    What would the problem of drinking water excessively cause? More going to pee at the toilet?

Yes, their bladder need goes down fast and also their need to drink is often so obsessive that they drop everything on their queue just to get a glass of water. They don't care if their baby is crying and needs to be fed or their house is on fire, they need their glass of water first. :s
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Yes, their bladder need goes down fast and also their need to drink is often so obsessive that they drop everything on their queue just to get a glass of water. They don't care if their baby is crying and needs to be fed or their house is on fire, they need their glass of water first. :s

Wow! I haven't had that problem.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - it is happening - sigh. No idea why this even exists.
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    I used to use SCAM but I think Scumbumbo has retired from modding. I haven't seen any updates of his for a long time. I could be wrong, though. I use the one with MCCC, I would go crazy otherwise. But that save I mentioned earlier was right after the patch so I was playing without mods or CC and I was like "Oh I'm so happy to see constant water drinking and juice grabbing again! Oh how I missed this!"

I've been using it ever since I discovered it...never had any problems. I'm guessing it keeps working because it's more of a tool than something that changes the game by way of its own programming. In other words, Maxis/Ea keeps changing gameplay coding, but there's probably not much of that in there. it's sort of a modding tool framework, almost like a Sim's Studio but inside the game.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2020
    Finvola wrote: »

I'm sorry to inform you that Scumbumbo is dead.

You might want to try my thirsttweak mod. It just got an update today, so you can download directly here (http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/19012020.rar) or wait until my host has uploaded the new files.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

I prefer the SCAM mod over what they’ve put into MCCC. It seems easier for some reason. I do wonder if it’s updated to still work with University. Like does it have all the new socials and stuff. I’m still using it but I wouldn’t know if something was missing.

Like I posted above, not sure how much updating it needs. I think it's designed to be able to look up interactions that are in the game; it doesn't have them in its programming. If it did, it would be massive. But in any case, yes, it does still work; all the Discover, Realm of Magic, etc, all in there. Sometimes Io have to fiddle between search all, currently running, and clicking on an object, but i usually can find it. And I can't use MCCC; it's a great mod, but too much going on for my tastes.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    ... My first thought by this thread title was: "Diabetes!"

I've always wanted more conditions/disabilities to be added to Sims. Maybe that's what's coming next. :wink:
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ... My first thought by this thread title was: "Diabetes!"

I've always wanted more conditions/disabilities to be added to Sims. Maybe that's what's coming next. :wink:

Diabetes or Rabies. ;)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've noticed the excessive drinking for the first time in forever in my game. Most of the time I'm a micromanager and turn off autonomy for my Sims so I don't see this happening. However, in order to try and break my micromanager habit, I created a new student for DU with full autonomy. Three times now while this student was standing by his classroom door waiting for class to start, he would get the grab water action in his queue and try to run off to the Commons in Foxbury.

He only had a few minutes before class started and if I'd let him do it, he would've been extremely late. Twice I was able to cancel the action, but once, despite clicking to cancel it wouldn't cancel, he just kept running away to get his precious glass of water. The action stayed no matter how many times I clicked on it. I had to resort to using reset Sim on him before he would stop.

I've also noticed that Sims with no autonomy have started doing things on their own free will. That SHOULD NOT happen if I have autonomy turned off, that's supposed to be the whole point of 'no autonomy.' When did 'no autonomy' become, 'okay, you can't do most things, but we'll give you a break and let you do this and this and this. No means NO! Or it should anyway in my opinion.

I know some Simmers like that their Sims have started doing more things on their own, but I suspect they're talking about Sims set to Full Autonomy. I am the Watcher, the God of my Sims when they have no autonomy. That means you don't do anything unless I direct you to do it or I will smite you! lol I'm not a God anymore though, my Sims have become aware and now have begun to blow raspberries at me and do whatever the heck THEY want to do. It's not right and I don't like it. I hope I'm not the only one. o.O

*gasp* I just thought of something. What if this is the beginning of the robot uprising, only it's begun with our Sims first!? Oh dear...

Where's Jon Connor when you need him?