Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Come To My Attention That...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Krueger wrote: »
    But wouldn't you read and see what's in a pack before buying the pack? In which case you'd know that's not it it?

And if you aren't buying the pack then eventually you'll figure out you got free stuff and assume it came from a patch somewhere.

But yeah I wish it was in the patch notes,I just don't think they meant to trick ppl into buying a pack by leaving it out. The stuff included this time around i don't think would have been possible for a stuff pack.

Hopefully someone will edit the patch notes to include them

One of the Gurus said on Twitter that they left certain things out of the patch notes to see how long it took people to find them, something like that. Which is like... wow... so weird to me.

It seems like they just want it to be a surprise, like an Easter egg. Not a way to trick people into buying packs. But if people want them to be more open now is probably the time to mention it; going by the survey I think they're pretty open to some feedback right now.

I agree. Sounds like they are just having some fun. It's a game... It's supposed to be fun. They ended up telling ppl other ways anyways.

Not fun for the folks who just read the patch notes, patch their game and play without viewing Twitter, Reddit, this forum etc.

Not fun if they play their game and don't realize for a few weeks/months that you can finally put tvs on accent tables now because all they did was read the patch notes and they don't include this.

Not fun for some of us to know things that others don't. In my opinion

Why not? Ppl prefer to discover stuff on their own sometimes and if they don't want to the options are there and they can read them if they want to. These forums are public.

I mean I prefer them to be in the notes myself! But it's not that big of a deal and I certainly don't think they left them out to try and sell more packs. If ppl know about them at all its prob cuz they read it or saw it elsewhere and then they'd know what it came with. If they don't know it exists they won't buy a pack just to get it as they won't learn about it reading the pack description.

If they already own the pack and the patch and think it came with a pack it didn't they'd be wrong but wouldn't be out money as they were getting the pack anyways.

So it just doesn't make sense that this is some kind of trick

Well, they are making the point that it shouldn't HAVE to be that way...we (well some of us) just want all the information..no fun or games..just give it to us straight. I myself personally don't like how they tease and try to play mind games with us...when it's not fun or funny at the slightest.
  • Options
    I dont see this as being malicious whatsoever.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You guys are as bad as Shane Dawson with your conspiracies 🤦‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    But wouldn't you read and see what's in a pack before buying the pack? In which case you'd know that's not it it?

And if you aren't buying the pack then eventually you'll figure out you got free stuff and assume it came from a patch somewhere.

But yeah I wish it was in the patch notes,I just don't think they meant to trick ppl into buying a pack by leaving it out. The stuff included this time around i don't think would have been possible for a stuff pack.

One of the Gurus said on Twitter that they left certain things out of the patch notes to see how long it took people to find them, something like that. Which is like... wow... so weird to me.

It seems like they just want it to be a surprise, like an Easter egg. Not a way to trick people into buying packs. But if people want them to be more open now is probably the time to mention it; going by the survey I think they're pretty open to some feedback right now.

I agree. Sounds like they are just having some fun. It's a game... It's supposed to be fun. They ended up telling ppl other ways anyways.

Not fun for the folks who just read the patch notes, patch their game and play without viewing Twitter, Reddit, this forum etc.

Not fun if they play their game and don't realize for a few weeks/months that you can finally put tvs on accent tables now because all they did was read the patch notes and they don't include this.

Why not? Ppl prefer to discover stuff on their own sometimes and if they don't want to the options are there and they can read them if they want to. These forums are public.

I mean I prefer them to be in the notes myself! But it's not that big of a deal and I certainly don't think they left them out to try and sell more packs. If ppl know about them at all its prob cuz they read it or saw it elsewhere and then they'd know what it came with. If they don't know it exists they won't buy a pack just to get it as they won't learn about it reading the pack description.

If they already own the pack and the patch and think it came with a pack it didn't they'd be wrong but wouldn't be out money as they were getting the pack anyways.

Well, they are making the point that it shouldn't HAVE to be that way...we (well some of us) just want all the information..no fun or games..just give it to us straight. I myself personally don't like how they tease and try to play mind games with us...when it's not fun or funny at the slightest.

I'm agree but I still don't think this was purposely malicious. I think that while I prefer the info given to me straight as well, others might like the games. In the end, we got the upgrades, for free, which i would think we can all agree is a good thing?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I'm agree but I still don't think this was purposely malicious. I think that while I prefer the info given to me straight as well, others might like the games. In the end, we got the upgrades, for free, which i would think we can all agree is a good thing?

Yep...I really wish they would....
    We aren't children...but they sure treat us like it sometimes.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    You're only realizing this now? 🤭
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    You guys are as bad as Shane Dawson with your conspiracies 🤦‍♀️

I like that this was posted AFTER the gurus said there's no conspiracy too.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I had no idea of the new features like TVs being placed on accent tables, bookends being used as bookshelves or that the one decorative amplifier from Moschino Stuff now works like a stereo until I saw some article about it pop up on my google homepage.

I was a little thrown off why it wasn't included in the patch notes as well since I read them all as my game was updating.

This was shown on the live-stream today. They showed it off at the very beginning to show what was included in the patch.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm confused... I thought it was very well known that before every pack release they do a patch with a freebie that is related.. Like the lounge chairs before island living..

I figure the reason is because they also want to make base game better so ppl trying it out get hooked and want to buy more. And if they are already releasing something they don't have to do extra, they just make a tiny piece of it base game.

But that's for stuff like lounge chairs. Something like the beds being upgraded would be too much for a stuff pack anyways as they have to change how all beds work to include it. So they can't do it only for ppl who purchase the pack.

I think I read from a Guru's tweets once that Patches of things universally updating Terrain and the building tools are for the benefit of the Gallery so probably the most of the free objects are. It makes more available to everybody, even Base game only players from there.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sorry they always tell us in the livestream what is coming to the base game or in maxis monthly or other communications. It's in the patch notes too when the free stuff drops although sometimes the patch notes don't seem to cover all changes. Free content is a big deal.
    You even get to play with the free content for days before the new pack comes out because it's patched in then. Sometimes there are threads about it by simmers in the days leading up to the new pack but maybe they get lost in the shuffle and the only time it's paid attention too is when there isn't so much fighting going on about a new pack? I do notice that just free drops only without a pack get a lot of attention anyway. Like the hijabs (and all the neat drops that came for free with that). Sheesh.
    I'm not sure what else can be expected. Advertisements geared toward free stuff only? Yeah not a good way to use that budget.. Maybe simmers could stop fighting long enough to hear about and pay attention too what's actually dropping?
    Maybe someone could host a thread specifically about free content and patches?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    If you don't have the pack and have the feature, then it's part of the patch. Why the need to announce? If it's there then it's there, if it isn't then it isn't.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Not everyone can play or get on the forums as often as they'd like to. And as someone said earlier, the forum posts move fast and the Did You Know threads are hundreds of pages long and the Live Streams are a couple of hours long. There are things that are fun to find out on your own, like if you change out of a wet bathing suit and it goes into a hamper there will be a puddle of water around the hamper. But things like being able to put TVs on side tables or upgrading beds, those are things that should be in the patch notes (and maybe they are, I'm just using them as examples). There are alot of things in the game I've yet to discover (or know about but haven't experienced) because of how infrequently I can play. I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think it's overlooked.