Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Come To My Attention That...

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
It's come to my attention that they have been releasing new features in the patches that relate directly to the next pack being released. If you're someone who doesn't rush to update your game immediately when a patch is released or someone who doesn't immediately buy a pack when it is first released, you MAY be under the false impression that the features from the patch are actually included in the latest released pack.

For example, I was under the impression that roommates was a feature in the patch that was released before Discover University when this was actually a feature of Discover University. Upon my search, a lot of people thought the same.

Now that the Tiny Living Stuff Pack is about to be released, the patch yesterday brought in the new feature of updating beds along with other things that work well with the new pack like placing tvs on accent tables and using bookends as actual bookshelves.

So if you're not aware, you MAY be buying the pack thinking you NEED the pack to do these things when in actuality, you can do them now WITHOUT buying the new pack.

I have a suspicion this is intentionally done to confuse people and muddy the waters to get more people to buy the new packs because they incorrectly ASSUME the pack will include the new features that are in the patch.

Not to mention the patch notes do not include ALL of the new features. This latest patch notes didn't mention anything about upgrading the beds or the tvs on accent tables or using bookends as bookshelves. So, if you just read the patch notes, you would have no idea these things were even in your game. I think it's very confusing that they do this.

In closing, you don't need to purchase the Tiny Living Stuff Pack in order to upgrade beds or to put tvs on accent tables or to use bookends as bookshelves. These are all included in the latest patch. Just update your game and you will have these things.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of a dirty move? -shrugs- Like....I don't know.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I'm confused... I thought it was very well known that before every pack release they do a patch with a freebie that is related.. Like the lounge chairs before island living..
    I also thought it was pretty clear what was in the patch and what was in the pack. I can't remember seeing anything suggesting that they were going to include roommates for free in the patch; I always saw it advertised as a new feature with DU.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm confused... I thought it was very well known that before every pack release they do a patch with a freebie that is related.. Like the lounge chairs before island living..

I remember when they released the lounge chairs in the patch and saw many, many people on this forum asking if you could only use the lounge chairs if you had Island Living. So there is definitely confusion when a patch includes items directly related to the next pack being released and only a few days prior to release.

I thought it was just a "me" thing but from what I have seen A LOT of people are not aware that certain items are in a patch versus in the next pack. I believe this is because (A) everyone does not update their game immediately when a patch is released and also because (B) everyone does not rush out and immediately buy a pack upon release. You would have to update your game with the patch AND play it in order to know these things were added, especially if they continue to not include all of the major updates in the patch notes.

Why aren't they including everything in the patch notes? The 3 things we got yesterday in the patch were major enough that they warranted a mention (in my opinion) and yet there was none. I find it curious.
    Krueger wrote: »
    I also thought it was pretty clear what was in the patch and what was in the pack. I can't remember seeing anything suggesting that they were going to include roommates for free in the patch; I always saw it advertised as a new feature with DU.

As evidenced by the patch yesterday (and patches previous), they do not always include every major feature/fix/change in the patch notes.

And I can attest to seeing many questions from people on this forum about whether or not roommates was a feature of the patch or Discover University. I have a feeling I will be seeing similar questions about whether or not the 3 things added in the patch yesterday are features of Tiny Living.
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of a dirty move? -shrugs- Like....I don't know.

One has to wonder...
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

One has to wonder...

I'm gonna be totally honest with you...I don't understand a lot of what this team does anymore......I mean it just don't feel like the same care and love is put into this game anymore..but ah well I'm randomly blabbing.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    But wouldn't you read and see what's in a pack before buying the pack? In which case you'd know that's not it it?

And if you aren't buying the pack then eventually you'll figure out you got free stuff and assume it came from a patch somewhere.

But yeah I wish it was in the patch notes,I just don't think they meant to trick ppl into buying a pack by leaving it out. The stuff included this time around i don't think would have been possible for a stuff pack.

Hopefully someone will edit the patch notes to include them
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I've actually seen this before, too. I remember when IL came out, some people were thinking the off the grid lot trait came with it, instead of the patch before it.

I honestly don't understand why they sometimes leave stuff out of patch notes. Every single new change should be listed for every patch, imo. I wouldn't have known anything about that bed update had I not just so happened to see a thread about it yesterday.
    But wouldn't you read and see what's in a pack before buying the pack? In which case you'd know that's not it it?

And if you aren't buying the pack then eventually you'll figure out you got free stuff and assume it came from a patch somewhere.

But yeah I wish it was in the patch notes,I just don't think they meant to trick ppl into buying a pack by leaving it out. The stuff included this time around i don't think would have been possible for a stuff pack.

One of the Gurus said on Twitter that they left certain things out of the patch notes to see how long it took people to find them, something like that. Which is like... wow... so weird to me.
    edited January 2020
    I've actually seen this before, too. I remember when IL came out, some people were thinking the off the grid lot trait came with it, instead of the patch before it.

I honestly don't understand why they sometimes leave stuff out of patch notes. Every single new change should be listed for every patch, imo. I wouldn't have known anything about that bed update had I not just so happened to see a thread about it yesterday.

Mmhmm forgot about that off-the-grid trait. I saw that question a lot too.

I saw that thread too about the beds with poor ratings and that's how I found out about the changes in the patch. Patch notes should definitely be more thorough. This whole "scavenger hunt / Where's Waldo" thing is nuts.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I had no idea of the new features like TVs being placed on accent tables, bookends being used as bookshelves or that the one decorative amplifier from Moschino Stuff now works like a stereo until I saw some article about it pop up on my google homepage.

I was a little thrown off why it wasn't included in the patch notes as well since I read them all as my game was updating.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member

One of the Gurus said on Twitter that they left certain things out of the patch notes to see how long it took people to find them, something like that. Which is like... wow... so weird to me.

It seems like they just want it to be a surprise, like an Easter egg. Not a way to trick people into buying packs. But if people want them to be more open now is probably the time to mention it; going by the survey I think they're pretty open to some feedback right now.
    I had no idea of the new features like TVs being placed on accent tables, bookends being used as bookshelves or that the one decorative amplifier from Moschino Stuff now works like a stereo until I saw some article about it pop up on my google homepage.

I was a little thrown off why it wasn't included in the patch notes as well since I read them all as my game was updating.

Oh yea that was another addition, the amp from Moschino functions as a radio now. It would benefit everyone if the patch notes were more thorough.

It seems like they just want it to be a surprise, like an Easter egg. Not a way to trick people into buying packs. But if people want them to be more open now is probably the time to mention it; going by the survey I think they're pretty open to some feedback right now.

There was a thread a while back (I may have started it, not sure) about how the patch notes were confusing because they were riddled with jokes and rants and it was difficult to understand what actually was new and what they were trying to tell us.

Well, they ended up doing bullet-points to make the information easier to read which I could appreciate. So hopefully they don't do this Easter egg thing again, but idk.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

Sometimes a cigar is actually a cigarette in disguise...
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

Oh yea that was another addition, the amp from Moschino functions as a radio now. It would benefit everyone if the patch notes were more thorough.

That's IN the patch notes, although it might have been edited after they they were first posted.
    edited January 2020

That's IN the patch notes, although it might have been edited after they they were first posted.

Maybe. They should edit it again if that's the case and add everything else.

I agree. Sounds like they are just having some fun. It's a game... It's supposed to be fun. They ended up telling ppl other ways anyways.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    People always seem to see a negative where there really isn't one. :/
    edited January 2020

I agree. Sounds like they are just having some fun. It's a game... It's supposed to be fun. They ended up telling ppl other ways anyways.

Not fun for the folks who just read the patch notes, patch their game and play without viewing Twitter, Reddit, this forum etc.

Not fun if they play their game and don't realize for a few weeks/months that you can finally put tvs on accent tables now because all they did was read the patch notes and they don't include this.

Not fun for some of us to know things that others don't. In my opinion
    Sharonia wrote: »
    People always seem to see a negative where there really isn't one. :/

In your opinion.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I agree that they should put that information in the patch notes. I don't think it's to trick us into buying the packs but like they said to see how long it took people to find it. But at the same time I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't have twitter, redit, or any other place but these forums for game information. This forum moves fast and it's easy to miss posts about the hidden things in the patches.

Not fun for the folks who just read the patch notes, patch their game and play without viewing Twitter, Reddit, this forum etc.

Not fun if they play their game and don't realize for a few weeks/months that you can finally put tvs on accent tables now because all they did was read the patch notes and they don't include this.

Not fun for some of us to know things that others don't. In my opinion

Why not? Ppl prefer to discover stuff on their own sometimes and if they don't want to the options are there and they can read them if they want to. These forums are public.

I mean I prefer them to be in the notes myself! But it's not that big of a deal and I certainly don't think they left them out to try and sell more packs. If ppl know about them at all its prob cuz they read it or saw it elsewhere and then they'd know what it came with. If they don't know it exists they won't buy a pack just to get it as they won't learn about it reading the pack description.

If they already own the pack and the patch and think it came with a pack it didn't they'd be wrong but wouldn't be out money as they were getting the pack anyways.

So it just doesn't make sense that this is some kind of trick