Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think we'll get for The Sims 20th Anniversary??

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Well, it's February 1st, the anniversary is 3 days away, and there's no Maxis Monthly in sight. I hope we get *something* for the anniversary :s:/
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    frost said on twitter to manage our expectations so I'm gonna go with probably a tweet
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2020
    Luxury wrote: »
    frost said on twitter to manage our expectations so I'm gonna go with probably a tweet

Truly and honestly, "don't get your expectations too high" has been said and shown enough by Maxis to make it TS4's actual tagline.

I do appreciate the honesty though. I'll give them that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope we get something HUGE! That being said, I think we might get something big, I mean, just look at the update we got for the 5th anniversary of TS4? We got some pretty good bb objects and of course configurable stairs! Maybe it'll be cats, or better babies? Who knows, but I think they'll definitely be some bb objects and CAS too. It's gotta be bigger than TS4's 5th anniversary.

We already have cats if you have cats and dogs.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I would expect a Tshirt for our sims to wear at most. Without a maxis monthly I"d be extremely surprised if it's something big though Frost said they have something else planned for the annivesary just not a maxis monthly so who knows. I suspect whatever it is they'll announce it Monday. I wouldn't mind a Gamepack Announcement as well.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    its kind sad to see little hyper for this anniversary, i wonder some big and funny interactive here on forum, but seems all quiet and its tomorrow the anniversary and no live stream and no notice. i'm really want a twist surprise vibes, but i prefer wait nothing else beyond some t-shirt than something really funny
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2020
    There's a new banner "February 3 - It's The Sims birthday this week, let's celebrate Simmers!" But it's not working yet...
    Edit: The link is working now and it's just a discussion. However I also saw that the Sims 3 and 4 servers are undergoing maintenance so I think that's a good sign we'll be getting a patch of some kind right?
    Post edited by Felicity1169 on
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    Deleted. My bad.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    There's a new banner "February 3 - It's The Sims birthday this week, let's celebrate Simmers!" But it's not working yet...
    Edit: The link is working now and it's just a discussion. However I also saw that the Sims 3 and 4 servers are undergoing maintenance so I think that's a good sign we'll be getting a patch of some kind right?

The best surprise that EA could spring on me would be a genuine 64-bit .exe for The Sims 3. Plus, untethering the game from that janky launcher so that I can play it on my more modern PC. Just pretend as if patch 1.69 never happened. I'd be so grateful, I might break down and cry. Seriously!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Happy 20th, Sims. We'll see what happens... I'm giving it a week at most for something to happen.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    A few older items and lots from the previous Sims games, like the vibrating heart bed from TS1 and such.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

The best surprise that EA could spring on me would be a genuine 64-bit .exe for The Sims 3. Plus, untethering the game from that janky launcher so that I can play it on my more modern PC. Just pretend as if patch 1.69 never happened. I'd be so grateful, I might break down and cry. Seriously!

Now that would be awesome! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    But yeah, I think that we got nothing... :neutral:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hopefully there's a patch today? At least fix them bugs EA ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1