March 30 - International Women's Day Q&A - Answers are ready! Take a look here!

Happy Haunts as a future Game Pack?

Comments

  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Guys I gotta ask, why do you think they will even BOTHER? I am still waiting for dangerous stuff and funerals from the last community vote...and they never came..what makes you think they'll do happy haunts?
    giphy.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 948 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Finally someone who wants zombies!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    They are not the most popular so I'm really praying we get them still.
    Count me in for zombies, too. Even started thinking of a possible skill tree for them. They don't really need one, but they have a lot of potential.

    the only reason I really don't want zombies is the bad memories of ts3 where they really were just flailing around my sims hot tub while I was having fancy party because like they didn't really do anything else than group up and be annoying

    like perhaps if there was occult toggles for every lifestate separately
    and they'd make them actually murderous I could consider

    but like my other occults like their fancy night life so its sort of problematic if they show up everytime im having cocktail party

    Yea I know a lot of people don't like them from bad ts3 memories but I really do think they will do them justice this time. And they would keep them bound to their own world so no annoyances. They all came in out supernatural pack so they were not fleshed out well.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 927 Member
    I'm curious ... what's the appeal of Zombies as a life-state? I mean, the only Zombie film I've ever enjoyed was Warm Bodies, but that was a weird confluence of two things I don't like (Zombies and Rom Coms) with one thing I do (Shakespeare) which wound up working for me. But otherwise I've generally been fairly... bored with Zombie flicks. (I'm also not a fan of Survival Horror, which is probably a requirement to enjoy Zombies.)

    But as long as they're not in the same pack as Ghost improvements, I can probably deal with them.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 17,879 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Finally someone who wants zombies!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    They are not the most popular so I'm really praying we get them still.
    Count me in for zombies, too. Even started thinking of a possible skill tree for them. They don't really need one, but they have a lot of potential.

    the only reason I really don't want zombies is the bad memories of ts3 where they really were just flailing around my sims hot tub while I was having fancy party because like they didn't really do anything else than group up and be annoying

    like perhaps if there was occult toggles for every lifestate separately
    and they'd make them actually murderous I could consider

    but like my other occults like their fancy night life so its sort of problematic if they show up everytime im having cocktail party
    Sims 2 zombies were better and a real lifestate. I don't count Sims 3 ones as a real lifestate, just an annoying event. Seems like after watching a stream that AndrewArcade did, the walk could use some improving too. But yes even as a Simmer that likes the supernaturals, I want a toggle too for each lifestate. I would love them to be murderous too. iZombie was actually a good show and take on them how eating brains would make you act like the host of the brain. It would be kind of cool if they came with a new dance like the Thriller video too.
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

    Everyone is a Simmer.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 3,765 Member
    Well if you look at past surveys over the years they found ways to incorporate other ideas into packs--some had their own with some changes. I strongly believe since this was a big winner that they'll find a way to incorporate them. :)

  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 88 Member
    YES!!! My mind was blown away with the idea of Happy haunts and I'm so sad it lost. However, if they made it a game pack though that'd be amazing!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Happy Haunts with Werewolves & better Ghosts.
  • xamira99xamira99 Posts: 2,680 Member
    YES!!! My mind was blown away with the idea of Happy haunts and I'm so sad it lost. However, if they made it a game pack though that'd be amazing!

    I was a little bit disappointed that it lost too, but, I believe this theme is much better to be a GP than SP. There're so many things that they could do, if only they want to do it. I really hope that their creative team can create something out of the box & keeping the real elements in check too. For now, we still need a cemetery. Not everyone is playing with ageing off & forever 21. :p
    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret...
    giphy.gif



  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 618 Member
    This x10,000! I would love for Dangerous Stuff and Happy Haunts to become a pack. I'm honestly annoyed at how very little the occult simmers have gotten in this sims title. Until Island Living, we had only Vampires to be content with, and as much as I love that pack, it started to get stale.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 28 Member
    Can someone recap what the options were for happy haunts? Like what could you do? :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,511 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Can someone recap what the options were for happy haunts? Like what could you do? :D

    I don't remember the choices exactly but there was a Grim Reaper career, a Ghost Hunter career, I think a Fortune Telling career, as well as crystal ball/tarot reading, spirit boards and seances, or a new type of Haunted lot that would allow exorcisms or putting spirits to rest... at least, that's the gist of the selections.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,511 Member
    @Jinkx I found an image from the survey. It really, really needs to be a Game Pack that includes a Ghost update and Cemetery lots.

    p9nvwuo.png
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 68 Member
    I would also like to see a game pack or, even better, a proper supernatural expansion pack!
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 74 Member
    Would definitely love it. Bonehilda would be a huge plus, I miss skelly maid lol.
  • xamira99xamira99 Posts: 2,680 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Jinkx I found an image from the survey. It really, really needs to be a Game Pack that includes a Ghost update and Cemetery lots.

    p9nvwuo.png

    I'm glad that it didn't get chosen as a stuff pack.

    And now here is my secret, a very simple secret...
    giphy.gif



  • KaronKaron Posts: 1,829 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Finally someone who wants zombies!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    They are not the most popular so I'm really praying we get them still.
    Count me in for zombies, too. Even started thinking of a possible skill tree for them. They don't really need one, but they have a lot of potential.

    I love Sims 2 zombies, I don't think they need a skill tree, but if there's a possibility in this world that can makes them more interesting then Sims 3 zombies AND the best zombies from SIms 2, I take it.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 1,829 Member
    edited February 12
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 218 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).

    Do it, EA!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,511 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).

    I actually don't think I'd want that. Considering that the community voted in favor of knitting and laundry, I feel like the majority influence on a Haunted game pack would end up like Caspar the friendly ghost. :#
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 927 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).

    I actually don't think I'd want that. Considering that the community voted in favor of knitting and laundry, I feel like the majority influence on a Haunted game pack would end up like Caspar the friendly ghost. :#

    Yeah, I'd want Happy Haunts to be more middle of the road (defined as dark PG/light PG-13) which is too dark for half the forums and too light for the other half. :wink:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 3,511 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).

    I actually don't think I'd want that. Considering that the community voted in favor of knitting and laundry, I feel like the majority influence on a Haunted game pack would end up like Caspar the friendly ghost. :#

    Yeah, I'd want Happy Haunts to be more middle of the road (defined as dark PG/light PG-13) which is too dark for half the forums and too light for the other half. :wink:

    Honestly, I don't think Sims 4 ever really gets past the middle anyway, so I have a tendency to push for a little bit "darker" to try to keep the meter from sagging downward too much into the G area, lol.
  • liipeabreuliipeabreu Posts: 7 New Member
    yes please, with moon phases, zombies, werewolves and fairies (I think this occults don't need to be so complete as sorceres and vampires)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 573 Member
    I say we deserve our very first occult EP and the Happy Haunts idea is just perfect for it.
    Themewise I guess better ghosts and zombies would be a better fit than fairies or werwolfs, I could imagine playing a zombie to be really fun(ny) if done right, collecting recipes for brainstew, brainpudding, brainpie and so on, trying to keep your skin from falling off, fighting against the urge to do a classic zombiewalk and sound (and failing every now and then)......and imagine (un)life as a vegetarian zombie! What a struggle...

    OR zombies could work like pets, you could either make one in CAS and add them to the household (they will have to be fed....and maybe walked?) or if you have a certain skill you can revive dead sims as zombies and they will join your household (could be added as a spell to spellcasters too). Maybe they can also do chores and tricks but due to them being zombies it won't always work as intended.
    They will of course make zombie noises instead of the normal sim voices.

    I can see so many ways to have fun with this ^^
    .
    *new* Gallery ID: ra7orrat
    old Gallery ID: Soulsucker13
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 948 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    Please consider making Happy Haunts a future game pack. The concept is great, and I think it would be better served as a GP than an SP.

    You know what would be even cooler? Community voted Game Pack for Happy Haunts! <3 Imagine we picking the playable things, the clothing and furniture options AND the world (I would die if they included Strangetown or Twinbrook remake in the options, thos are some of my favorite worlds in the series and would match perfectly the theme).

    I actually don't think I'd want that. Considering that the community voted in favor of knitting and laundry, I feel like the majority influence on a Haunted game pack would end up like Caspar the friendly ghost. :#

    No lies detected 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 948 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I say we deserve our very first occult EP and the Happy Haunts idea is just perfect for it.
    Themewise I guess better ghosts and zombies would be a better fit than fairies or werwolfs, I could imagine playing a zombie to be really fun(ny) if done right, collecting recipes for brainstew, brainpudding, brainpie and so on, trying to keep your skin from falling off, fighting against the urge to do a classic zombiewalk and sound (and failing every now and then)......and imagine (un)life as a vegetarian zombie! What a struggle...

    OR zombies could work like pets, you could either make one in CAS and add them to the household (they will have to be fed....and maybe walked?) or if you have a certain skill you can revive dead sims as zombies and they will join your household (could be added as a spell to spellcasters too). Maybe they can also do chores and tricks but due to them being zombies it won't always work as intended.
    They will of course make zombie noises instead of the normal sim voices.

    I can see so many ways to have fun with this ^^
    .

    I'm loving your idea for zombies!! 👌👌👌👌👌
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top