Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - December 2019

Comments

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes it works on consoles however I dont use it lol I like my sims to be able to move about correctly 😂 nothing worse than your sims like I cant go here hahaha @Chazzzy
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This is pretty fantastic news, especially considering they’re making it cross platform. Also glad to hear the console developers dabbling in the realm of CC.
  • Options
    OraKholOraKhol Posts: 28 Member
    I'm so excited about everything in this video. I really like the Idea of doilies. It gives you more gift giving options as well. Plus, I agree 100% that Elders are stuck with nothing to do. Can you imagine if you had your Elders able to knit little booties for toddlers or Doilies for newly Weds? It would add so much more to the game. I remember back when everyone was wanting more content for Toddlers and Children, because there just wasn't a whole lot they could do. Now imagine if we had something for every Life Stage that is as equally entertaining.

Also, The cross platform is going to be AMAZING. I can't wait for that. It always kind of bugged me that Console and PC gamers were always so separated. I have a buddy who plays Sims on Xbox. He's horrible at building, but now I will have the opportunity to send him really cool builds.

One thing I would love to see(that will probably NEVER happen is the idea of sending "Mail" from one sim to the next and even actively gifting items to other players.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm really liking the art style options for the Knitting Pack. Granny Chic is my favorite.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is super exciting for my sister!!! We've been waiting on a gallery since forever. Finally she can stop sending me pictures of her square house builds lol. Building is not her strong point. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited December 2019
    Congrats, console players. Though....for future reference, gurus, you probably should have specified beforehand that the "big announcement" was just for console players (the cross platform angle only barely making it anything noteworthy for PC players). That might have preemptively curbed a lot of the ill-will said announcement ended up receiving. Just a suggestion since this is the second time something "big" was teased and set to be revealed during a live stream, only for the reaction to be a lot of "....that's it?".

Funny enough, I think the last time this happened it also had something to do with the gallery.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2019
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Congrats, console players. Though....for future reference, gurus, you probably should have specified beforehand that the "big announcement" was just for console players (the cross platform angle only barely making it anything noteworthy for PC players). That might have preemptively curbed a lot of the ill-will said announcement ended up receiving. Just a suggestion since this is the second time something "big" was teased and set to be revealed during a live stream, only for the reaction to be a lot of "....that's it?".

Funny enough, I think the last time this happened it also had something to do with the gallery.

Agree to disagree on that point. Console players getting access to the gallery also means that PC players get access to their creations. As a gallery user that is noteworthy to me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

Agree to disagree on that point. Console players getting access to the gallery also means that PC players get access to their creations. As a gallery user that is noteworthy to me.

That, and if they were to specify that it was only for console players the announcement would hardly be an announcement.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

That, and if they were to specify that it was only for console players the announcement would hardly be an announcement.

It was already hardly an announcement. At least with some a little heads up, PC players would know ahead of time who the announcement concerns.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    So happy for console players. And me! 😆 Every lot in my game was downloaded for Gallery.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Happy for console players but agree that the team should’ve tempered expectations a bit. The console section of the forums has 600 posts while the other has over 60,000. When they say “big announcement,” I’d expect it to be something reeaallyyy big that appeals to the masses 🤷🏽‍♀️ Oh well, this one was the last wolf cry; I won’t spend anytime getting too excited for future announcements.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited December 2019
    Happy for console players but agree that the team should’ve tempered expectations a bit. The console section of the forums has 600 posts while the other has over 60,000. When they say “big announcement,” I’d expect it to be something reeaallyyy big that appeals to the masses 🤷🏽‍♀️ Oh well, this one was the last wolf cry; I won’t spend anytime getting too excited for future announcements.

The PC version of the game has also been out for much longer, so i don’t really think it’s fair to compare post numbers :p not to mention that general discussion isn’t limited to pc players only, and the console section is focusing on gameplay bugs and questions about regarding console
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I think that makes sense. The Sims community is very diverse. Chances are that not every announcement/update/added content will appeal to you personally.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I am ECSTATIC for my console buddies, they have been deprived of a gallery for so long it will be great to see them enjoy the Sims as much as I do as the gallery is such an integral part of the way I play Sims. I’ve seen some great console builds in my time, so very excited to see them on the horizon.

I am LIVING for the Granny Chic vibes. It will be perfect for the Elder sims that haven’t had too much to do from previous expansions. At last when they retire they can spend their final days making useful things for Relatives.
    I’m really hoping that this is integrated into laundry day, especially if clothes become craftable with knitting !!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

It does apply to all simmers though. It's cross-platform, so we can access console builds and vice versa. People are just overreacting to this.
  • Options
    Dot_22Dot_22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Idk who to go to about the issue I am having so hoping anyone sees this and can help I just created an account just to get some help. I play sims4 on xbox1 and after using the camera to take pics all of a sudden my cursor dissapeared. I tried everything. Looked up others who had the problems tried what they did absolutely nothing is working. Restarted my game everything. Need help bad pleaaaase ty!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited December 2019
    @PlayerSinger2010 I guess playing on PC I already have choice paralysis in the gallery; meaning there are far too many options to sort through. From the PC perspective, I don’t really need “more gallery.”

In the same vein, @Netzspannung, I’m actually always excited for new game additions. For example, I followed all of the Strangerville and RoM content leaks, promos, and streams even though I didn’t have interest in the packs. I usually have a sheer curiosity into how they build out Sims universe whether or not I’m personally excited by the free or paid content. This one just kind of fell flat based on how they promoted it. It’s the end of the year, it’s almost the anniversary, just odd-timing and odd positioning of this particular announcement.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2019
    Kind of glad I refuse to even watch those anymore. The hype made it sound like it would be game-changing, but it really isn't. For a player like myself that plays offline 99.9% of the time, the announcement was nothing to be happy or excited about. Felt that way about all the announcement that have been made via livestream. Still waiting on a "game-changing" feature.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    I’m happy for the console players but this was hyped as the “big announcement” without specifying if it was console only. Not entirely sure how that is big news and I’m glad I didn’t waste my time watching it
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Can we have challenges in PC like the baking challenge with PattyCakes and Hearth of Stone quest that Firemonkeys mentioned?
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Finally had time to watch the stream, it was fun. Great news for console-players!

It will be difficult to choose between the granny-style or the DIY-style. Guess I will take a look at CAS to see if that will help me choose.

Happy Holidays.
  • Options
    WinsletMoonreWinsletMoonre Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you add my account
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

The problem with them pre-announcing stuff the way they often do is that it's often so counter to the KYC principle - know your customer. After years of getting this feedback you'd think they manage to set expectations better. Why not just announce it as "a big change to the gallery" or the "last big gallery update of 2019" - sure it'll be less "surprising" but I feel they should know by now that the majority of this community really don't prefer to be "surprised" in this way. Sooner or later, I feel they should start adapting to their audience instead of endlessly trying to adapt their audience to them... But whatever. I don't mean to be negative, I appreciate their work, it's just always the same.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited December 2019
    They're already talking about cc creators making the stuff that doesn't get picked for the pack. I understand they can't put everything in the game but they shouldn't just assume that cc creators and modders will fix/add things to their game that they didn't. I really dislike anytime the sims team mentions them in that regard.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2019

It does apply to all simmers though. It's cross-platform, so we can access console builds and vice versa. People are just overreacting to this.

It DOES NOT apply to all simmers. It is an online aspect, so it only applied to the few. As a player who is offline about 99.9% to 100% of my gameplay time, the announcement was pointless to even be mentioned. A "big" announcement as they hyped it to be would actually be a change in gameplay. The gallery is not gameplay. It is a forced online feature. Maybe someday I might actually not be disappointed by an announcement.