Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Studio VS TSR Workshop?

So i've always used sims 4 studio since that's the first thing I found when I got sims 4. I get most my downloads from TSR and of course noticed a lot of people use TSR workshop and I just now looked into it even though the game has been out for years. What's the difference between the two, and which one is better? I couldn't really find anywhere listing a comparison. I really like the batch fix features on sims 4 studio (fix cc counters to work with updates for example) and was wondering if workshop had a similar feature as well if it's the better program.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    The ad feature on TSR was a turn off for me so I don't use that website anymore and I've never even heard of this workshop.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I don't believe anyone who says they use TSRW over S4S, unless they were making stuff for Sims 3 before Sims 4 and refuse to move on. Or maybe it's a requirement for their payment program, but I don't know. I used it once for a conversion project and I couldn't get over how messy it was, and it didn't do it's job anyways so had to use another method.

TSRW has a few batch fix options but not many. And compared to S4S, TSRW is inferior in a lot of ways. I don't think I've seen anyone say "This is better or easier in TSRW," but then again not many use it. It doesn't have modding options, CC management, isn't user friendly, and others you'll need to look at yourself if you really want to know the differences. Anyways, if you're not a creator the program is useless, other than the few batch fixes it has.