- please consider how these ideas could be incorporated into our Community Stuff Pack Project. Big thanks from those of us who are looking forward to the pack.
Players - please add your gameplay
ideas. What 'experience' do you want from playing this feature? How do you want your simmies to do it? What should the benefits
of doing it be? Even if you didn't vote for this option, what are ways this could be useful to your simmies? Share pics for inspiration!
1. Change the very specific "knitting" theme into a more generic and inclusive "Wool Crafts"
theme. It could then include decor items such asmacrame
hanging plant baskets, crocheted
items such as sofa blankets, needle point
wall art, wool weaving
tapestries etc. All under the same skill, but unlocking different abilities and different products. We could call the pack "Wool Crafts", "Threads", "Yarns".
2. Finger Knitting for children
- please allow the "wool craft" skill to be accessible to child sims. They could craft specific items just for them, little decor items when viewed gives them fun, toys to actually play with, bracelets and necklaces to wear and share with their friends. If they max the child skill, they can advance to the adult skill - with needles.
- we have many "hobbies" in the game, but they do not increase our sim's fun need (eg baking, woodworking). Please make sure this is fun for our sims.
- please include a "knit together" option, and when sims are knitting together, please let them develop relationship points
as well as increase their social need.
5. Inventory Enabled.
Strangerville added the ability to dress into an asset directly from our inventories
- the hazmat suit. As we unlock wearable assets, please let them appear as an object in our inventory we can then GIFT to other sims, who can then wear the items. We can also sell the items directly from our inventories < don't forget to attach a decent price to them! More advanced items should of course be more expensive.
6. In the advanced levels, include a Create New Pattern that appears ONLY when our sims are inspired. The pattern we create can then be added to CAS for our all our sims to wear via the computer: Upload new pattern to - whatever the name of the sims crafting site is! (Players, what could this site be called?)
7. Wool Craft site on the computer: Viewing site gives sims inspiration. Increases wool craft skill. Chance of unlocking a new pattern. Advanced skill can add new patterns to the site.
8. Pattern Book - reading increases Wool Craft skill.
9. Knitting reduces tense moods.
10. Knitting for a period of time results in a VERY FOCUSED mood.
11. Knitting is a self-interaction. Click on our sim and they knit anywhere - sitting, standing, alone or in groups.
12. Limit Instant Gratification. Even though this is a stuff pack, please have most of the assets included be craftable unlockable items, whether they're CAS or Buy mode, as the theme is crafting. If we want all the new stuff, we have to craft them. Unlocking and crafting items is really the only gameplay we'll be getting in this pack, so let's make it a satisfying experience when our sim is finally skilled enough to make that ultimate item. (They should of course also appear in debug for those who don't want to craft but have instant access to them, along with a cheat that will unlock all assets in CAS, for builders and sim makers not interested in live mode).
13. Medium level skill -maybe 5 or 6 - should add a social interaton: 'teach knitting'
to any sim. That way friends can teach each other - including children
please. Big brother can teach little sister, daughter can teach father, grandpa can teach grandchild etc. Knitting skill, relationship, social and fun should all increase.
14. Some - as in a VERY small amount, even just one each -CAS items should have an emotion attached when wearing them. eg, funny hat > playful; bracelet > inspired; sexy socks > flirty; low skill poorly made > embarrassed.
15. Items for EVERY age group. Maybe the pack can be released alongside a base game patch feature of freeing babies from their cribs, so baby outfits could be included too!
16. Wools and Threads Storage
: Gameplay object, basket and boxes full of materials to craft with. A place for TODDLERS to play in (use current 'play in' animation), and CATS to play with wool.
17. Please include at least one item (with many colours) we can craft for our cats, and small and large dogs.
18. Consider a knitting machine
- very expensive, but very fast way to craft. Suggestion: Can only be used at level 3 or 4 of skill?
Can break and needs fixing via handiness skill. Needs cleaning and maintenance. Costs to replace wools. Has upgradable options like NEVER Break, always Pristine. Handiness and Programming Skill needed to add Digitalised Upgrade which makes the machine SUPER DUPER FAST and efficient, resulting in higher quality garments that sells for a huge profit. Great for sims who want to open a business store selling All Things Thread!
Craftables in Buy Mode:
Hanging plant baskets
Cushion Covers for sofas and lounges - remove the 'footprint' to allow placing without MOO cheat.
Bed Blankets - like above, remove footprint to allow placing at the end of beds. Both single and double versions.
topsPlayers, something you want to knit? Please post your suggestions and inspiration pics.