Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fitting lot type for a bank?

I'd like to build a public bank in Windenburg, mostly for show, but I don't want it to be deserted and useless either. Any ideas what kind of lot type would be most appropriate?

And can people from different households actually store their wealth in a safe that is not on their home lot?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'd like to build a public bank in Windenburg, mostly for show, but I don't want it to be deserted and useless either. Any ideas what kind of lot type would be most appropriate?

And can people from different households actually store their wealth in a safe that is not on their home lot?

I'm not quite sure which lot type would work the best. Maybe a library, since I think Sims tend to use computers on those lots? It's been a long time since I've played with an actual library. I usually just merge them with other venues. But I'd give it a shot and see if it works.

And with Get Famous, there's a vault you can place on any lot and then store money into.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I use that vault for my singer Sim. He began his career as a teen, and this allowed me to keep his funds separate from the family's. Works well when none of his siblings break into it. I've had to restart this family a few times. One time my singer Sim's younger and only sister committed the crime. Another time it was their baby brother who is yet a Child Sim. :open_mouth:

Keeping this on topic, is the intent to use multiple vaults on said lot?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Thank you! I don't know yet if I'm actually going to use this as a feature, but the ATM machines will certainly make my lot look more credible as a bank. :)

I'm not quite sure which lot type would work the best. Maybe a library, since I think Sims tend to use computers on those lots? It's been a long time since I've played with an actual library. I usually just merge them with other venues. But I'd give it a shot and see if it works.

And with Get Famous, there's a vault you can place on any lot and then store money into.

That's what I usually do too, with museums as well, since they're not really worth visiting otherwise. Library is actually a good idea to keep the computers occupied so it looks like someone is working in those offices, even if that's not really the case.

Right, the vault! That's what I meant by "safe". So far I've only had those on home lots, and I know they work as intended there, but haven't tried it elsewhere yet.

Keeping this on topic, is the intent to use multiple vaults on said lot?

Exactly. Windenburg is home to some of my richest families (one in each neighbourhood, actually), and it would be cool to have a place for them to store some of their wealth... (... so my kleptomaniacs and poor people can come by and break into the vaults every now and then. >:) )
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I built a bank a while ago and used the vaults from Get Famous. I can't remember the lot type I used for sure but I think it may have been generic. It was mostly for the households I would be playing.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member

There is a modder who has created some lot traits including a Bank lot trait

https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/traits/lot-traits/