Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to recover sims 4 game, I deleted the folder - help!

Hi everyone! About 2 weeks ago, I deleted my Sims 4 folder. Apparently I also emptied it from the recycling bin too because it is not there to recover. I deleted the folder because my game was crashing and I was so fed up with it crashing I just gave up and deleting it and started over. I had so much CC and mods and all of my sims were on that game save and I really miss them all. I heard there was a patch to maybe fix the crashing? Is there any way to get it back? Please help! Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Umm, it's pretty much gone, sorry. You can try a recovery program like Recuva, but you may find that the save ends up corrupted in the end anyway. But hey, worth a try I suppose. Other than that, wave bye-bye.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No, sorry. Your save is gone :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yeah, if it isn't even in your recycle bin, then I'd say it's permanently gone.
  • Options
    SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks everyone. I have a backup of a VERY old save on my usb stick, so I have to decide now whether or not to use that.
    EDIT: Apparently a while back I tried transferring my sims 4 and AND sims 4 game to my usb stick, but doing that put weird files on the stick, and it said "if you delete these files it may cause the program to not function properly anymore." so I guess I deleted my folder on there too :( But thank you everyone for the help!